Start by marking “Carnival of Darkness (FaeTAL Series)” as Want to Read:
Carnival of Darkness (FaeTAL Series)

Carnival of Darkness

(FaeTAL #1)

Brett sold his soul to the devil. Only hell isn't a fiery pit in the bowels of the earth. Hell is the Carnival of Darkness where the freak shows are real, the screams never end, and the girl of his dreams has become a part of his nightmare.

Charlee has been kidnapped by the freaks that run The Carnival of Darkness. If that weren’t bad enough, she’s harboring a secret that
Published July 16th 2016 by Becca Moree

To ask other readers questions about Carnival of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnival of Darkness

The Owl Branch Book Promotions
Author Becca Moree surprised me with her debut novella, Carnival of Darkness. Upon reading the first chapter, I found myself terrified. I do not like clowns or carnivals. Do Not Read This One In The Dark, unless you are freaky like that! As I read further into the fourth paragraph, I found my self actually liking it. I wanted to know what evil lurked inside the carnival. Wow was I surprised. Lots of dark evil for sure. However, I kind of knew from the beginning I would like Brett. He just seemed ...more
Yvonne Evans
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Becca Moree took me on one hell of a thrilling ride. This book gripped me and isn't letting go. The first chapter I had no idea it was about Fae and other worldly creatures. I am usually not a fan, but, I loved every dark tourturous page of this book. I thought it was amazing how Becca brings attention to the fact that as humans we enjoy watching the tourture, degrading and rape of men/women wether we believe it to be real or fake. Watching Brett try to deal with the guilt he is holding inside, ...more
Shelby
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed to receive an ARC of Carnival of Darkness from the author in exchange for an honest review. First let me say, the cover art is totally gorgeous, I was instantly attracted to the book and couldn't wait to read Chapter One. I truly enjoyed this twisted, dark and exciting read because I love carnivals, wicked clowns and the supernatural, such a great combination. This was a very well-written novella that kept my attention, instantly falling in love with Charlee and Brett. My only comp ...more
Mandy Saial
This Debut novel by Becca Moree was Dark , Twisted and Deliciously Creepy !

Why are so many girls disappearing ?
Brett works undercover amidst the C.O.D a Carnival where the guests go to escape from reality , but what ends up happening is, the women become the attractions in a bloodbath of Killer Clowns and Deadly Games never to be heard from again.
Charlee ends up being the next victim, but will Brett blow his cover trying to save her from this Hell House he's trying to destroy ?

I was beyond excit
J.L. Clayton
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it.

Author Moree's debut novel Carnival of Darkness was an amazing read. The world she created with her story, mixed with darkness and romance was wonderful. I fell in love with, sexy, funny, Brett.
Brett has a mission to collect as much evidence as possible to shut down the Carnival of Darkness. After 6 months undercover trying to survive there is a problem that's just walked into his life - Charlee.
Beautiful, bold and down right amazing sexy is what I think Brett sees in Charlee.

Auth
Jennifer Ellis PA
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carnival of Darkness by Becca Moree is the first book in her Faetal Series.

There is so much going on in this little story, I am amazed.

First you have Brett. He works for a PI who is investigating the disappearances of several girls from the Carnival of Darkness. He can’t believe some of the stuff he has seen since infiltrating the carnival. He knows that he has to see his mission through in order to save all the girls.

Then there is Charlee. She is a single mom who just lost her husband. She did
Melissa Kitchen
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To start off with, I just want to say how extremely proud of my sister I am for following her dreams and bringing these amazing characters to life for everyone to "meet" (instead of them just being stuck in her head!) Not gonna lie after the first chapter I somewhat questioned her sanity lol. But for real I am very proud of you little sis as always and I love you. I cant wait to watch you continue to chase your dreams,catch them and print them out for all of us to enjoy!!!!!!

Okay now to the book
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I was intrigued to jump into Author Becca Moree's debut novella, which both introduces, and lays solid groundwork for her upcoming FaeTAL Series. I can excitedly label this, as a huge fan of this type of thing, as parts paranormal, horror, and romance. I loved the multiple POV from a cast of characters that blend to make this beautifully twisted, dark, inventive, and jaw dropping preview to what I can anticipate to be a series that I will devour.
Not for the faint of heart, this 104 page novella
Debbie
3.5 Stars for this debut. I have to say, I was intrigued from the very start. I like nothing better than a seriously creepy carnival story and this author took the seedy underbelly of carnival life and ratcheted it up....big time.

As this is a an intro to the Fatal Series, we didn't get a lot of depth but we did get the seeds for what could be a very uniquely twisted series. I'm in love with the overall theme and the introduction of the Fae and the Fallen adds a paranormal twist that I can't wai
Lynz Johnston
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will admit when I first saw the cover, I was a bit hesitant, thinking it would be something it wasn't. I didn't even read the blurb, it was purely off the cover and talking to the author that I read it to review.

I am ashamed to say I put off reading this book. IT WAS AWESOME. It was WAY more than what I expected it to be and surpassed any expectations that I had. I couldn't put this book down and when I finished it, I was left wanting more. I can't WAIT to read part 2.

I can't say enough about
Helena Gant
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let me first start of by saying, supernatural/paranormal is not a genre I normally read. That being said, I think Becca Moree did an amazing job with her debut novella. Her writing style was very descriptive, and she did a great job with the characters. The beginning chapters definitely grabbed my attention. Who doesn't like the idea of a creepy carnival, evil clowns and horror filled games? Once the Fae and Fallen were introduced, I began to lose interest. It just wasn't mine thing. For those o ...more
Soccergypsy
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC received by author in exchange for an honest review. **

WOW! What a debut release! An evilly dark and creepy carnival of horrors where terror reigns in blood and gore. And I liked it! A thread of hope winds itself throughout this novella and I cannot wait to embrace more of this terrifying event.
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Oh my!! Becca Moree is a brand new author for me and she will be one that I read again. Kidnapping, murders and a very creepy carnival equal one exciting book. And throw in the paranormal elements and it will suck you in. Great start to what I'm sure will be a fabulous series!!
Becky Rhoades
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I couldn't put this down. I was so into this book that my mind was blown. Such a good story that I want to continue with more. Please Please give me more.
Paula D
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jam packed book with paranormal, horror and thrill ride all in one. Keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting more Brett I feel bad throughout the book for him. Plus Charlene ugh. Wow what a crazy, sick circus and I wouldn't ever wanna be around Fred that's for sure. Wow I couldn't stop reading this book page after page. Better to go into this book not knowing what it details so your shocked as I was! Can't wait to read book 2 about Christopher. 4/5 stars *** I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced ...more
Magical Pages  Book Blog
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this, after reading “Hell House” which is about a specific attraction at the Carnival of Darkness, I had to stalk down this author and read everything she wrote.
This book is phenomenal, I generally put a lot more into my reviews & I read this when it 1st came out, and reviewed on amazon - who decided to remove my reviews for both books , this and FaeTal, but I can tell you this, WOW -UNIQUE- EPIC, READ IT! 5 easy stars & I’m a hard sell on a 5 star review!!!
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was recommended to read Carnival of Darkness by a friend.

First the name and cover of the book drew me in. Nice looking cover man with the cowboy hat, the
font and overall design were really well done.

Second: I read the Amazon.com page and saw the warnings, I thought maybe it was excessive but it wasn’t. It really does contain content that shouldn’t be ignored if it’s a trigger. Although, I have to admit some was less than I expected but it was still just as jarring.

Third: I have not read much
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and a quite horrific debut story about FAEs and a paranormal called the Fallens. As the intro into the FaeTAL Series, this dark and twisted ride through the Carnival of Darkness kept me in my seat and I definitely wanted off the ride. I desperately wanted to rescue these women and have high hopes that they get out with as much of their sanity as possible. The only part of the story I didn't like was the abrupt ending. There are endings that make you want to read the next bo ...more
Erin
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Take a carnival, something that brings most kids joy and add in every nightmare you have ever had. Evil creatures? Check. Horrible shows that you can't look away from? Check. The evil clowns? Check.

Most people think this all fake, but it's just a little too real. What is really happening when the lights go out and everyone goes home?

This is a wonderful horror book. I have such a hard time finding truly scary books, but this one definitely fits the bill. But it's more than that. There is a wonde
Ashley
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Author Becca Moree has done it with her debut novel Carnival of Darkness. I have not read too many paranormal books, but this book has made me curious to try some more, especially hers! The details that she has in this book are fantastic. The world she has created and the amount of darkness to romance is phenomenal! I love the cowboy Brett, he is hot, witty and has so much love for Charlee who he barely even knows.

His has been sent a on a mission to check out the carnival of darkness and get as
Jennifer Ellis
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carnival of Darkness by Becca Moree is the first book in her Faetal Series.

There is so much going on in this little story, I am amazed.

Then there is Charlee. She is a single mom who just lost her husband. She did
Divya Bhat
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just one word "WOW"

This is the first I read of this author and I can say I was blown away. This book as it says in the description has cuss words, rape and some disturbing scenes which could be problematic to some readers and surely not for young adult.

The author's way of story narration is amazing and without fault. The story building is gradual, perfectly paced and developed. It starts like a police procedure, gets an IT boost as in forensic investigation in between and slowly transformed into
Katy Halsema
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh man. This book. It is DARK and demented. It is definitely NOT for the faint hearted or those that have trigger warnings such as abuse, rape and the like. I think Charlee is my favorite character outside Brett so far. She's a strong woman who will do anything to protect her daughter's life and secret while protecting her own secret as well.

The guys at the C.o.D are definitely freaks, minus Brett. I honestly think he's going to have psychological damage going into the next book after everything
Janell
Jan 16, 2017 added it
I won this book from a contest on facebook and it took me a little while to get to it. When I did though, I just have to say it's really not long enough and I can't wait until payday to get Faetal. I read this book in about 5 hours, it was so hard to put down. This book leaves so many questions unanswered and I can't wait to find out what happens. I love a book that makes me constantly think about it and leaves me wanting more. This definitely did that and I highly recommend it.
Kellyann
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow intense start

I'm new to Becca Morse fan club and this is the first book I've read if hers but I'm intrigued. This may be a short read but it got straight to the story. Most stories drag along the first few chapters but not this time. Great introductory with an intense ending. Curious to see what happens next.
Michelle VanDaley
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This little novella packs a huge punch and leaves you begging for more. Paranormal - Horror - Thriller - Mystery - Romance all gloriously rolled into one neatly tied storyline. Told from different points of view, you immediately become invested in each character. This first book sets the groundwork for what is sure to be a thrilling series. I can't wait for the ride to continue in Book 2
Heather North
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellently dark

Loved this book! It's definitely dark and it was well done. Really enjoyed the story line and got drawn in, I read it in one day and it was very hard to put down. Will definitely be reading the rest of this series!
Amanda Mann *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
HOLY CRAP! This book was GOLDEN! It's everything I love in a book all rolled into one. And that cliffhanger? Holy cow!
Andrea Bennett