Start by marking “Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)” as Want to Read:
Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)

Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  22,323 Ratings  ·  2,505 Reviews
In the #1 New York Times bestselling Mercy Thompson novels, the coyote shapeshifter has found her voice in the werewolf pack. But when Mercy's bond with the pack and her mate is broken, she'll learn what it truly means to be alone...

Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon
Published March 7th 2017 by Ace Books

To ask other readers questions about Silence Fallen, please sign up.
Patricia Lopes In fact, one of the few series that does keep to be interesting!
However Penelope, for sure no one will force you to keep reading it...

If this Series…more
In fact, one of the few series that does keep to be interesting!
However Penelope, for sure no one will force you to keep reading it...

If this Series were a cake, I would just say: GOOD MORE CAKE FOR ME!!! ;)(less)

Charlaine Harris
I always like Patricia Briggs' books. They are consistently original and well written.
Anne
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Mercy Thompson
This may be my favorite Mercy book yet!
Silence Fallen is a very vampire heavy book, so for fans of Mercy's undead Scooby Doo loving friend, this is a bit of perfect! I've been dying to read more books with him in them for a while now, but with all the fae craziness it has been a long time since he and the other vampires have featured in a book.
*squeals*
STEFAN!

description

I just love the way Briggs does vampires.
For the most part, they're pretty awful creatures with very few redeemable qualities. And the few
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Oh Mercy! Someone is always causing trouble for you to fix, but this time they steal you away! My favorite shifter coyote! ❤

We have vampires, werewolves, ghosts, witchcraft, a golem and this that and the other!

Oh and this time there was another narrator joining Lorelei King. His name is George Newbern. I was skeptical at first but he did a good job and they both narrated great together.

This book was fun! Well, not the bad stuff but it was a bit different then any of the other books in the seri
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
A bit of a slow start, but finished with a BANG. That twist, OHMAGAWD, that twiiiiiiist!

Full RTC.
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
4.5 stars. New Mercy Thompson book, on sale as of March 2017! Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

It’s pirating night in the werewolf house, and Mercy, a coyote skinwalker married to Adam, the handsome Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack, quickly gets killed out of the werewolf pack’s computer-based pirate LARP game. She heads to the kitchen to make a double-quadruple batch of chocolate chip cookies for the pack (her habit of baking treats after being exiting the game having
Aisling Zena
March 2017

So it's finally out. And I have it. Yet I find my self very reluctant to read it. Why? Because I know I'll probably have to wait another 3 years for the next one and it's just torture. I'm seriously thinking of saving it for emergencies. Bad book streak emergencies...

1/11/2016
Available on Request on Netgalley now. I doubt I'll get approved as I am a mere humble reader but good luck to all of you. And know if you do get it you're going on my Mortal Enemy list.

Expected publication: Mar
Christy
4.25 stars!

photo Sunset chaser-2_zpsd9jxwk9v.png

Silence Fallen is book ten in the Mercy Thompson series. Yes, I said book TEN. I’ve been reading these books for well over a decade and I still get that crazy excited feeling when I know a new Mercy and Adam book is coming out!

If there is one thing about Mercy you should know, it’s that trouble always seems to find her. She can’t help it. Thankfully, she’s tough, resourceful, and has an amazing mate. This book starts out with Mercy being kidnapped by one of the most powerful vampir
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“I only get weirder the longer you know me.”

Silence Fallen begins with Mercy being abducted by vampires and brought to Europe. She escapes her captors and ends up in the gothic city of Prague, where she has no clue if the people and supernatural creatures she comes across are friend or foe. As time goes by Mercy discovers there is more than one creature that has her in their sits, it’s just a matter of whether or not she can find a safe place to go.

“I looked like a victim. I wa
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[4.5 stars] Anything written by Patricia Briggs these days is pure gold. I always try to savor them (the year-long wait between books is brutal!), but always seem to find myself devouring pages like there’s no tomorrow! The Mercy Thompson series is the sort of guaranteed good read that leaves me no doubt I’m going to love every moment. Silence Fallen was another awesome book in a long line of killer novels.

Without giving anything important away, I think it’s safe to reveal that Silence Fallen ta
Yodamom
Non spoiler, all feels review
I need to make some chocolate chip cookies.

Separated but never separate. Mercy and Adam, win the Best Couple award. He listens to her, he trusts her, unwaveringly, she is the same way back at him. It is a beautiful thing.

What a painful ride for Mercy. She is shattered, beaten, stolen, scared, and alone. It hurt my heart to travel with her through some of her difficulties. I was seriously worried about her mental health, she was completely immersed in Hades. Never und
Lila
Mar 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
Per Ann Sowards interview, in Silence Fallen :

1) we will have a lot more chapters written from Adam's perspective.
2)We will get to know more about Elizaveta.
3) and there is Larry, the Goblin King!
The Goblin King! I need this because loss of great David Bowie still hurts.

Edit: 07/15/16
Dan Dos Santos does an amazing job with these covers and I especially love when he draws Mercy showing her Native American heritage. Sometimes he implements details related to story in a more subtle way (like he
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

SILENCE FALLEN takes us back to a time when Mercy was a one-woman show. Her allies are still in place, but all their power and might has been nullified by the Atlantic Ocean. Thompson is forced to do what she does best. Survive. I loved this book because even though I always look forward to reconnecting with the Tri-Cities cast, it was Patricia Briggs' strong heroine that first drew me to this series, and continues to call to me with each new installment.

There were stil
Steven
Patricia Briggs has proven time and again that she can write UF in a very special way. The depth of her world has continued to astound me, and it's no secret that I adore both Mercy and Anna's series, intertwined as they are.

This installment is no different. It's chock full of supernatural politics, danger and adventure, new characters, development of older characters, and FUN.

I think my biggest gripe is the "twist." I actually had considered the possibility, but then the internal thoughts of mu
edge of bubble
2 I think I've read this wrong stars

I don't even want to do a review for this book, that's how disappointing it was to me. Will just write my reasons for being salty.

Repetition. Mercy's powers, ehy and how the magic works or doesn't work on her and adam, how she finds trouble, how ghost thingie works, how clever the villian is... everything will be repeated and explained at lenght at least 3 times, like this is not the 10th fucking book, but the 1st one and you are a goldfish who can't remember
Ginger
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Okay, after sleeping on it, I’m giving this book 4 stars instead of 3.5 stars.
Here’s why:

What I loved about the book:
1: I did love how tough and resourceful Mercy is after she’s been kidnapped by vampires. What a badass!
2: I love how Patricia Briggs writes about vampires in her books!! They are complex, deadly creatures that cannot be trusted. No sparkly bullshit here folks and it seems they are more accurate of what I visualize as a vampire.
3. I love how Mercy and Adam are together as a couple.
♥Rachel♥
Re-read April 4th 2017, and my re-reading binge is over! *sobs* I want more Adam and Mercy!

Original review:
Silence Fallen
kicks off with a bang as Mercy is abducted and taken to Europe by vampires. What do they want and how will she get away?

As usual Mercy survives by her wits, thinking things through quickly and using hard won experience to her advantage. Mercy is away from Adam and her Pack for most of the book, but before you go panicking, let me reassure you Adam is still very much a part o
Angela
March 2018 Reread. Buddy read with Sarah and Erica.

I admit, I was a little worried when I saw that Mercy's bond to Adam, and the Pack, was going to be broken. Again. The blurb makes it sound much more familiar than the reality of the circumstances are. I was thankful for that, because I might have been a bit frustrated had I been compelled to deal with the broken bond again. Honestly, for me, Mercy and Adam are so tightly wound that I  know there is nothing that can break them apart. And that's
1st Read - November 2016
2nd Read - February 2017
3rd Read - March 2018

Full Review

When Mercy is abducted and whisked abroad by an enemy she finds herself completely alone in a strange country with none of her usual allies on hand to turn to. We've all seen Mercy get herself out of difficult situations in the past but finding her way home from Europe with no money, no passport and no assistance might just be one mess she can't handle. Of course Adam immediately mounts a rescue mission but he's up a
Jilly
Mercy plays Flat Stanley in this book. She is kidnapped and traveling around with only minor check-ins here and there.

Flat Stanley was ready for a break and happy that Mercy decided to take his place for a while.

Adam has alternating POV's with Mercy and he has set-up a super-team to go and retrieve her. There is one witch - Elizaveta; two vamps - Marcilia and Stefan (Yay, Stefan!! I heart him!); two goblins - the goblin king and the pilot; and three werewolves - Adam, Honey, and the co-pilot nam
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Mercy Thompson returns in a series that's not even close to growing old, this time around getting kidnapped by a big-bad vampire who runs Europe and has ties with her local seethe. My initial thoughts when reading the synopsis months ago was eek, are we finally getting more Stefan?

While I'm team Adam all the way for Mercy romantic wise, I think it's a shame the author hasn't explored more of the closeness of Stefan and Mercy, especially since he's a favorite, fascinating character for me. There'
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This book! Oh how I loved this book. This is such an amazing series that seems to be getting better and better with each book. I started reading this book the moment I had it downloaded on my ereader and finished it less than 24 hours later. I just couldn't put it down. I had to know that things would work out for Mercy, Adam, and the whole gang. This is the kind of book that I just love to read.

This is the tenth book in the Mercy Th
Marta Cox
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Ok I admit it I got this arc and gave in! I know it's not actually released until March 2017 but my impatience knew no bounds. So it's really not fair of me to go into too much depth but I will just get a few thoughts down whilst it's fresh in my mind.
This series has grown in strength and whereas initially we saw Mercy fighting pretty much on her own with just one or two allies to rely on she is now married to alpha werewolf Adam . That hasn't always been plain sailing and being part of a pack i
Beth
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mercy is caught up in a vampire political power play that leaves her running for her life on an entirely different continent. Denied her biggest advantage, her friends and family, Mercy relies on her wits to traverse the vampires and the werewolves of Prague.

Sometimes the lesser of two evils isn’t always that best choice and some old ghosts are better left alone.

This installment, Silence Fallen of Mercy Thompson inspired a re-read of the entire series.

I know I am totally jumping the gun, but I
Gabrielle  (Wishes she had more time to read)
I just finished Fire Touched. I loved it.

Please don't ask me to wait a year for this one. I don't think I can make it.

EDIT: IT HAS A COVER. LOOK AT IT. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

SILENCE FALLEN might be the most exciting Mercy Thompson book yet! With ten books in a series, it’s hard to keep a series going and feeling fresh over the years but I think Patricia Briggs has done an excellent one with this series and in particular, this book.

SILENCE FALLEN establishes the bond between the pack right before Mercy is kidnapped. This brings Stefan back into the picture and now Adam must work with the vampire in order to get Mercy back. In terms of writing, this book is slightly
Cathy (cathepsut)
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
"I’m a mechanic; I fix things that are broken. I turn into a thirty-five-pound coyote. I have powerful friends. But when it comes right down to it, my real superpower is chaos."

Changing points of view, that's a new one for this series! I liked it, although I am not quite sure about the off-set timeline. It added an interesting dynamic, but probably made it unnecessarily complicated.

Nice revelation there at the end, makes me want to re-read the whole damn book right away... I missed all the clues
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I've loved this series from the very beginning and it seems that it just gets better and better. With this latest installment told in multiple point of views of both Mercy, Adam and a certain Mr. Smith, Ms. Briggs really shook things up and breathed fresh life into a series that was already full of it.

I think this might very well be a new favorite for me. I adored the different point of views and the dynamic of the characters and while I wish Mercy and Adam would have been together more because
Justine
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read

I can't really be objective when it comes to Mercy Thompson, because I just love the series. That said, the general consensus seems to be that Silence Fallen is awesome:)

I liked the change in scenery, taking things to Europe, and I always love the way a new mythology is introduced and used in the stories. All around, this one was one of my favourites in the series.

I have to give credit to Patricia Briggs; she consistently publishes books each year and on schedule, and I do think she ha
Bj
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 "Sly Games and Hidden Agendas" Stars!

It's hard to believe this is the 10th book in the Mercy Thompson Series as Patricia Briggs' ability to capture her readers attention is still at an all-time strong!  Continuing to develop the complex UF world where werewolves, vampires, witches, fae, goblins, and shape shifters (like Mercy--though she also has some other secret powers that come in handy in this book) learn to coexist. Tensions are particularly strong in this novel as Mercy's mate, and the
Karen
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had had some pros and cons for me going into it. Cons: didn't like Mercy and Adam being split up (again), I didn't like the idea of there being another new set of characters (again), or a new location (okay this was new but for some reason I didn't like the idea). Pros: I trust Patricia Briggs, pretty much my mantra from the last book which worked out well and I have been following this series faithfully for a while so I am well....see my first point.

Aaaaaannnddd I really liked it. I
Girls, Guns and G...: Silence Fallen - March Book 1 90 82 Sep 24, 2017 07:04PM
Spells, Space & S...: Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) 26 78 May 04, 2017 10:49AM
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires, #13)
  • Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock, #11)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15)
  • The Brightest Fell (October Daye, #11)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13)
  • Legacy of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #8)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a na
More about Patricia Briggs

Mercy Thompson (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I'm a mechanic; I fix things that are broken. I turn into a thirty-five pound coyote. I have powerful friends. But when it comes right down to it, my real superpower is chaos." -Mercy” 23 likes
“My love," he said, his voice intent, "you are welcome to all that I am, all that I have. I would destroy the planet for you. I was even diplomatic for you, which was a bigger sacrifice. A little power drain is nothing.” 15 likes