Start by marking “Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)” as Want to Read:
Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)

Long Way Home

(Thunder Road #3)

Seventeen-year-old Violet has always been expected to sit back and let the boys do all the saving.

It’s the code her father, a member of the Reign of Terror motorcycle club, raised her to live by. Yet when her dad is killed carrying out Terror business, Violet knows it’s up to her to do the saving. To protect herself, and her vulnerable younger brother, she needs to cut a
Published January 31st 2017 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Long Way Home, please sign up.
Harlequin Books I know it isn't an answer and is only a teaser but...

I know it isn't an answer and is only a teaser but...

Preorder Long Way Home and you can receive 3 previously unreleased bonus scenes featuring some favorite characters from the world of Katie McGarry. For full details, go HERE>

Sandra I was just about to ask the same question. Addison deserves a book, especially since her problems at home were mentioned in two books.

Start your review of Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)
Shannon Moore
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Let's start on a good note, shall we? Oh who am I kidding, it's all going to be good. Want to know why? Because I LOVED THIS BOOOOOOK! I LOVED Violet. I LOVED Chevy. I loved the story, the writing, the mystery and suspense, the character development, the themes. I loved everything down to the punctuation, that's how good this book was.

"We’re like fireworks, Violet. Beautiful separate, but phenomenal when put together. Of course, you can’t have all of that without a few explosions.”

Where were books like
C.K.
Nov 17, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A ebook box set of the Pushing the Limits series is on sale for $0.99 at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It includes: Pushing the Limits(Noah/Echo), Crossing the Line (Lincoln/Lila novella), Dare You Too (Beth/Ryan), and Crash into You(Isaiah/Rachel). It's a great deal because each ebook is normally like $10. You would get a chance to read Isaiah's story if you haven't already: Here are the links:

“Isaiah, you may not know it yet and my family may not know it yet,but you’re wanted. You’ve always been wanted. We just didn’t know to want you.” ~Katie Mcgarry

I'm so in love with that quote! It's all Isaiah ever wanted to hear.

Links to chapters 1,2, and 3
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:

There is a preorder incentive for ordering Long Way Home. If you preorder the book and fill out a form you will receive 3 bonus scenes.
Preorder LONG WAY HOME and receive 3 bonus scenes for FREE!
*Rachel and Isaiah from Crash Into You in the Future
*Find out how Eli and Meg from Nowhere But Here First Met
*Be in Beth's Uncle Scott's Mind from Dare You To

Here is the preorder form link for U.S./Canada:

Here is the preorder form link International buyers:

Here is a teaser of Isaiah's pre-order bonus scene that Katie posted

Teaser Tuesday: A small tidbit from Isaiah's bonus scene. Available with the preorder of Long Way Home.

Isaiah

The smoke alarm goes off, and I curse under my breath. I turn away from the pancakes cooking on the electric griddle on the island, and my eyes burn from the smoke rising from the beginning grease fire. I snatch the handle of the pan, and another curse word Rachel has begged me not to say in the house falls from my mouth as I burn the hell out of my hand. I drop the pan, grab a towel, and push the same pan full of bacon off the burner. A few slaps of the towel on the stove top and the fire is extinguished.

A squeal from upstairs causes me to lower my head. Rachel is going to kill me.

“Fire!” my five-year-old daughter yells. “We have to run! Stop! Drop! And Roll!”

Getting Ariel to stay still long enough to get her hair brushed on a normal day is like herding stray cats who have rabies. The fire alarm going off is only going to make life for my beautiful wife more complicated.

I head over to the fire alarm, reach up and push the button. The ear-piercing beeping ends and in its place are Ariel’s complaints that having her hair brushed is killing her. No kidding here—she makes moaning noises and declares she’s about to die. The edges of my mouth tilt up as Rachel says, “You’ll live.”

Patient. Rachel is always patient. Not a day goes by I don’t count my blessings that she and Ariel are in my life.

Here is an excerpt that Katie posted for the third Thunder Road book. I'm so beyond excited for it!!!! The excerpt features a beloved character from another series of hers.

******SPOILER*******

I just wrote this for book 3 of the Thunder Road series:
I turn off the ignition and Violet’s opening her door before I have a chance to place my fingers on the handle. The blond checks out Violet’s car like it's royalty.
“Holy crap,” she says. “I’ve never worked on a Chevelle before, but you shouldn’t worry about that. Isaiah has worked on everything. Everything.” She over pronounces.
“But I saw you first and I let him work on the last car, so I get first dips. Don’t let him convince you otherwise. He’ll try to steal this from me. I heard your baby when you pulled in.” She pets the hood of the car like it’s a whining animal in need of medical care “I’m betting spark plugs. Let me guess, the engine sputters while driving? Sometimes stops working or just won’t catch when you try to start it?”
Jesus, the girls’ a walking car encyclopedia. Violet and I share a look and she raises her eyebrows with a faint smile. Yeah, she doesn’t know what to think either.
“Yes,” Violet answers. “To all that. This is my car.”
I catch the way Violet’s voice cracked on my, but proud she’s accepting that her father would have wanted her to feel like his car is now hers.
The blond extends her hand to Violet. “I’m Rachel and you are?”
Guess who is entering the scene next? I'm happy dancing!
Make sure you pre-order the second book of the Thunder Road series, Walk the Edge. It will be released on March 29, 2016!

I loved Rachel and Isaiah so much so I was beyond excited to read this excerpt. Rachel is so adorable. I just love Rachel/Isaiah together. I figured that Isaiah would make an appearance in Chevy's story. I'm happy to see that Rachel will make an appearance too (hopefully several appearances). That scene was so cute!!!

I wasn't a big fan of Violet so I was kind of hoping that Chevy would get a story with someone else but it seems like he might get a story with Violet. I guess we will have to wait and see. I'm so excited about the crossover. I have been wanting Isaiah to meet his Dad's family since the end of Crash into You. It's going to be harder to wait for the book after I read that scene. So close yet so far away.
Escape into a Booksite
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-paperback
I love this series. I wasn't sure about Chevy and Violet in the previous two books, but getting their stories in this book was great. McGarry has a way of writing characters that makes you fall in love with even the ones you didn't think you'd like.
I also like how this interconnects with her Pushing the Limits series, but not in a big way and not in a small way. It was just right. Hopefully we see a bit more in future books too, but I feel like this one had the right balance of everything. I pa
Fafa's Book Corner
DNF

Mini review:

I received this digital sampler via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This book is not for me. I enjoyed reading about the characters and their interactions. But I was not that big a fan of the motorcycle gang. Yes I knew that would play a role I was just not expecting to dislike it. The author did a good job making it intense and everything. But personally this is not what I want in contemporaries.

Still recommend.
Shannon (leaninglights)
4.75 stars! This one really won me over in the end and the Pushing the Limits tie ins just about killed me. So excited for what's next!!!!!!
AJ
“Two roads. One path. Can’t take both.”

5 stars!

I am a mad fan of all things Katie McGarry, and I love this series. Set in the world of a legitimate motorcycle club, and telling the stories of the younger generation – those who were born and raised in the club and who are now approaching adulthood. From the first book of the series I fell in love with Chevy and Violet, who grew up together, became best friends, fell in love and then lost it all. I have been so excited to get their story, and this book did not
Monica Murphy
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
I've really enjoyed this series and Katie McGarry is one of my favorite YA writers. Her books are always gritty and real. This one is no different. Loved it.
Emerald Sue
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Sometimes people choose the harder path just to prove they can do it.”
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

Still not my favorite setting, but Katie McGarry always writes amazing couples and swoony romances. I'm so happy Chevy and Violet not only found their happy ending but worked so well together to get it, despite their falling out in books previous. Things wrap up nicely here, for all the couples, and the preview in the back of the book is not connected to this series. Despite loving the main characters, I will be perfectly content leaving the Terror and their old ladies here. :P
Misty
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have to write this on my phone since my computer isn't working correctly. So, I was a bit hesitant going into this book because I didn't particularly like Violet in the other books. But, we saw a different side of Violet in this book. She was strong, independent, yet also vulnerable. She would do absolutely anything for the people she loves and she did. She risked her life for her loved ones. Chevy seemed to be always torn between what life to choose. Choose life with the Reign of Terror or no ...more
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
4.5 STARS

As a fan of Katie McGarry, I look forward to each and every new release. And, not that I expected any different, this third and final book in the Thunder Road series did not disappoint.

Chevy and Violet grew up side by side, children of the Reign of Terror motorcycle club. Since the death of her father Violet has distanced herself from the Terror, including Chevy, the boy she has always loved. She considers the Terror’s continued involvement in her life as an unwanted intrusion and all she wan
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Long Way Home was another gripping and romantic novel from Katie McGarry. I thought this book was extremely addicting, even though I found it to be overdramatic at times. I was able to easily immerse myself into this world and connect with the characters. I liked how Katie created strong and likeable characters for me to root for in this story. I do wish that the couples from the previous books would have been more prevalent in this book, but I was glad to at least get little mentions of those coupl ...more
ambsreads
DNF @ 50%

Ugh. I had such high expectations. Katie McGarry is one of my favourite authors but I just wasn't feeling this. I loved Violet and her kickass girl attitude, not willing to put up with the misogynistic assholes in the book. I liked Chevy too, but his lack of decision was really infuriating. Kid, make a choice, please.

I'll probably write a full review once my mum lets me have my laptop back after watching all the movies I've set up for her.
Mary H
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I'm disappointed, and I feel like it's my fault. On one hand, I LOVED Violet and Chevy figuring out their relationship and also who they are as individuals. On the other, I'm super over the motorcycle club saga, which is overly dramatic and not compelling (for me). Plus, as much as I love Katie, I'm just kind of tired of her books. They're starting to seem recycled in character and plot, and literally, multiple phrases and descriptions get reused. If I read "this club is legit" or "Oz, ...more
Sinead
Good news – Just like all of the books in this series (and really, any book Katie writes) this book is golden. Bad news – it is the last in the Thunder Road series. However, it does tie in characters from her previous series which was such an amazing surprise and I love that all of my favourite characters reside in one universe.

Just like the previous two books, it pulled at my heartstrings and drew me in. it tells the story of Chevy and Violet, two members of the Reign of Terror Moto
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo long way home_zpsgfphkpzn.jpg

UPDATE FOR THE RELEASE DAY

5 million stars are not enough!

I remember when Nowhere But Here was published, I was so drawn to its beautiful cover and when I finally had the chance to read it, I LOVED it like crazy, and later i read Walk the Edge and I ADORED it even more. Both books were written masterfully, with amazing complicated stories and loveable characters, and the most amazing HEA… In those books I met with Violet and Chevy, I loved Chevy already and I was waiting for his story but I wasn
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a true Katie McGarry fan. I love her writing and her characters. And her stories always, always pull at my heart strings and draw me right in. So this story was no exception. Except maybe it was. Because while I have loved the other books in this series, this is the one that truly hit home with me. There's always that one book in series that you get, and that gets to you. The one where the characters are just the right fit. I had this with McGarry's Pushing the Limits series when I read Tak ...more
thebookbitch
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

After 'Walk the Edge' I wasn't too sure how I was going to feel about another book surrounding the Reign of Terror. But I'm so glad I read the last book in this series. Violet and Chevy's story needed to be told. Not their love story in essence but the story of how they're moving on from the events and focusing on the future, bettering themselves.

Honestly my favourite book of this series.
Carol
Katie McGarry just knows how to write teens without them being whinny or overdramatic. She places them in tough situations were they have to act as adults, and it just floors me how well they react. It might not be a good reaction or an easy path sometimes her characters take the shittiest road possible to get to that end goal, but nonetheless it is the actual fact that these teens made a choice for themselves that I like to focus on. And this book is a perfect example of that.

We have Violet an
Rebecca
I am huge fan of Katie McGarry and have been eagerly awaiting this third installment of Thunder Road Series. Violet is a scene stealer, and I have admired her feistiness and take charge attitude since first meeting her in Nowhere but Here. Up until now, there has been hints and limited teasing about Violet’s and Chevy’s past relationship. I couldn’t wait to finally have these two front and center for an entire book to see if they could rekindle their connection.

Loving him was easy.
Jenn
I was actually dreading reading this book. Why? Violet. I have disliked her since the first book in this series and held no hope for her going into this one. And honestly, my thoughts on her didn't really change.

Long Way Home is the third book in the Thunder Road series. (Not sure, is it the last?) We've met Chevy and Violet in the previous books - childhood friends who grew up in the motorcycle club world and fell in love. Then Violet's dad dies and that's the end of their relationship. Violet shuts e
Funmbi ✨
Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017: A book that's published in 2017

I feel like crying because of the sheer perfection I just finished reading.

I've been waiting to read this book since I started the Thunder Roads series and it did not disappoint!

Violet and Chevy <3

I absolutely love the way Katie McGarry writes, the way she develops her characters and the way her novels are the perfect mix of romance, action, amazing characters and unique storylines.

I can't believe this was the last2017
I
Lauren - SERIESous Books

I've been dying for Violet's story since book 1. This wasn't what I expected but in a good way. I got sucked in by the plot and there were so many great twists along the way. I would have liked more romance though. I think the fact that we already knew these two loved each other stopped some of the great tension these books usually have from surfacing. I still adore them together and their scenes melted my heart, but I just craved more from them.

Check out more spoiler-free book and series reviews on my blog Sthem.
Once
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been in a horrible reading funk and nothing seemed to be getting me out of it. Real world was just intertwining into my books and I just couldn’t seem to concentrate. I whole heartily gave up the last two month of last year because it got that bad. If you asked anyone what was pushing me to get back to reading they would’ve told you Katie McGarry’s new book is coming out and that’ll be the one to push her over the edge. They were not mistaken! Ten long months ago I finished Walk The Edge an ...more
Sarah Louise
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't expecting Chevy and Violet to surpass my love for Emily and Oz, but their chemistry was golden. Despite both growing up with the Reign of Terror, they have repelling views on their future and what the club signifies to them. It's the type of sugary romance that's pleasantly nauseating, and that with the combination of motorcycle club rivalries made it completely addicting.

Although her mother has always been a faithful follower to the Reign of Terror, Violet has zero patience for the misogy
Lindsay
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jan2017, 2017
This book. Holy crap this book.

I'm the first to admit that I don't always read things in order...and I didn't with this series. I read book 2 first, skipped 1 entirely and then read this book. I don't regret my decision, because the blurb for the first book didn't pull me in, making me want to read it. It was only as I got to know Oz and Emily in the second book, and learned more about their relationship that I NOW want to read their book.

I'll admit, when I realized that this book was about Violet, I w
Raksha R
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
RTC!!!
Katie
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
is it too early to call this the most exciting release of 2017???
Veronika's ReaderFeeder
Young Adult Conte...: #6 Long Way Home by Katie McGarry 25 45 Feb 12, 2018 08:51AM

• And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • The Dark Elements Volume One (The Dark Elements, #1-2)
  • Wait For You & Trust in Me (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Home Truths
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Colorado High Country, #4)
  • Untitled (Rusk University, #5)
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • Outspoken
  • Tessa Ever After (Reluctant Hearts, #2)
  • Third Charm (Run to You, #3)
  • Lord of the Abyss / Desert Warrior
  • Forever (Temptation, #3)
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a f

Thunder Road (3 books)
  • Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road, #1)
  • Walk the Edge (Thunder Road, #2)
“Sometimes people choose the harder path just to prove they can do it.” 12 likes
“I love you,” I whisper. “I can’t remember a time when I haven’t loved you.” 10 likes