Start by marking “Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (The Darcy Novels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation  (The Darcy Novels, #3)

Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

(The Darcy Novels #3)

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet are engaged at last, and Mr. Darcy is preparing to take out a special licence to get married quickly. But, just when everything seems to be going just right, he encounters opposition from an unexpected quarter. Then, when his engagement is announced – to someone else – Elizabeth, understandably, begins to doubt his sincerity.

Perhaps their lo
Published June 25th 2016 by White Soup Press

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy

Leslie
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
"I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I Am" Dr. Seuss

Why did I read this book when I didn't enjoy the two previous books in the series

a] I am an idiot (ID10T)
b] I am an optimist
c] I forgot that I read and disliked the series

(view spoiler)

Now for the rest of you. This book just starts up assuming you have read the two previous books and if you haven't nothing will make sense; which is an excellent excuse to put it in a do Not read pile.

1] Lydia eloped but w
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Mr. Darcy Perseveres!

Mr. Darcy’s Pride and Joy is the third installment in Monica Fairview’s The Darcy Novels series. This series is a three-part Pride and Prejudice variation that focuses on Mr. Darcy’s struggles as he tries to win Elizabeth’s heart and secure his future happiness. While it is possible to jump into the series right here and not feel completely lost or confused, I feel the pleasure will be categorically enhanced by reading the first two books of this series – Mr. Darcy’s Pledge
Sophia
Third times the charm- so one hopes! Poor Mr. Darcy has proposed three times to the same woman. The first two proposals were disasters and so much happened to reshape him and bring him to a place where a worthy woman finally gives to him his heart's joy when she says 'yes!'. Simple, light-hearted, and swoony historical romance!

This is the third installment of The Darcy Novels trilogy. It builds on the events of the two books that came before it so is best read in order.

In book one, the fastidiou
Deborah
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It can be read as a stand alone, but is better is better if it is read as the third in the trilogy. It is so frustrating having Mr. Bennet against the marriage of Elizabeth and Darcy and not giving his consent. Even though Elizabeth is of age to make her choice, I am glad Darcy proved himself. I enjoyed meeting the new character Travis, as he has an important role at the beginning of the story. A few old and new characters show up to cause mischief. I enjoyed haw ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
"Perhaps their love is doomed after all… "
The blurb does say it all. Poor Lizzy and Darcy, they do have to struggle. But that is why I like variations, they have to work a bit to get it right ;)

Darcy is simply wonderful in this one, he does not back down even though there is setback after setback. And even another engagement! But he loves her so, awwww. And do not worry about the engagement, there is something fishy going on.

And Lizzy shows her strength too. She refuses to believe anything bad a
Laura Hartness
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Delightful conclusion to a lovely series. Full review to come soon.
Debbie Brown
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-jaff, jaff
I thought Ms. Fairview was finished throwing roadblocks in front of Darcy and Elizabeth when Elizabeth finally accepted his (third!) proposal in Mr. Darcy's Challenge: A Pride and Prejudice Variation but, clearly, I was wrong! Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation brings in a few more doozies. It's a whirlwind conclusion to an excellent trio of books.

There's Mr. Bennet with a long buried secret affecting his judgement when it comes to giving his blessing to Darcy marrying E
Madenna U
Everything that can go wrong will go wrong on the road to happily ever after for our engaged couple. To bad Mr. Bennet won't grant his approval! Why he hesitates and all the other obstacles of course must be over come for Elizabeth and Darcy to find their happily ever after.

After the last two books in the series, this one was almost to much and instead of being entertained, I was starting to get amazing at how many stoppers the couple would find.
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Monica Fairview is one of my favorite Austen authors. She writes novels that you could swear have come from Jane Austen’s pen. Mr. Darcy’s Pride and Joy is a variation. It is Pride and Prejudice if something had varied or changed so that Darcy and Elizabeth’s path did not go exactly the way it did in the original novel. It is interesting to see our favorite characters interacting in different ways or with new characters not in the original novel.

In Mr. Darcy’s Pride & Joy, Darcy and Elizabet
Anna
Jul 08, 2016 added it
Shelves: austenesque
Review originally posted on Diary of an Eccentric

Mr. Darcy’s Pride & Joy is the third and final volume in Monica Fairview’s Darcy Novels series of Pride and Prejudice variations. (I would definitely recommend reading Mr. Darcy’s Pledge and Mr. Darcy’s Challenge before reading this one.) Darcy is thrilled to have finally proposed to Elizabeth and been accepted, but events conspire to prevent him from seeking Mr. Bennet’s permission before the family returns to Hertfordshire following the Bing
Carole (in Canada)
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: JAFF, Romance
Shelves: favorites
This is the final book in the trilogy of the Darcy Novels. At the end of Volume II, Mr. Darcy's Challenge, Darcy has finally secured Elizabeth Bennet's consent to marriage. As Volume III begins, Darcy needs to request Mr. Bennet's consent before they can announce their engagement. Unfortunately, in Mr. Darcy's euphoric haze, he is incapacitated leaving Elizabeth in doubt. All I kept saying to myself was 'No, no, no, this can't be happening! The poor man just can't win! The path to true love neve ...more
Susanne
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like everything written by Monica Fairview, I adored it. Her characterizations of Darcy and Elizabeth are always so fascinating. I had not read the first two books in the series, but to find Darcy and Elizabeth on the brink of their engagement...an engagement that Mr. Bennet is trying to delay if not completely destroy because of his own pride, was indeed intriguing enough to push ahead and see what happens, even if I didn't have the complete backstory. I'm glad I did. :)
colleen churm
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Darcy's Pride and Joy

Well, this was the third installment of this fun/interesting tale. It would be nice to have a fourth book where Lizzie takes on the Ton and Georgina finds true love. This series had such up's and down's, you need a map to get through it all. Well written stories and this latest one was just as different and intriguing as the other two. Good Read!
Deb Hughes
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful variation.

This variation was a bit elongated with lots of details which made it most interesting. Mr. Bennett was more obstinate with Darcy than most other variations.... But it ended very happily.
Beth
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this

I started out reading only Regency Period stories but morphed into P&P adaptations. This three book series is perfect. Except for Mr and Mrs Collins, all the major characters are here but in changed situations.Its quite good!
pamela k cronister
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Grammatical errors

, I was very surprised with her background that there were so many errors in grammar . I would've thought she would understand that spellcheck is not an editor . At least I finally finished the series, and move on to something better written .
Sheila Majczan
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Murphy’s Law is the premise here: Darcy is acting like a love struck fool, overjoyed and paying little attention to where he is going. He is dreaming of Elizabeth and his plans to approach Mr. Bennet the next day to ask for his approval and blessing in ODC’s engagement. Elizabeth has the task of convincing Mr. Bennet to delay the family’s return to Longbourn for one day…the day Darcy must use to gain that approval.

But as I said Murphy’s Law reigns supreme. I don’t want to give away all that goes
Marcie
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every so often I get the urge to visit one of my favorite literary couples--Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. I'm a fan of the "what if" stories and I've been reading Monica Fairview's Darcy Novels for some time. In this third installment, Darcy and Elizabeth are finally engaged, but before their engagement is announced Darcy reads in the paper about his engagement to another woman. And if that's not enough trouble, Darcy is refused consent by Elizabeth's father.

Shakespeare said, "The course of tr
john tanner
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A pleasure to read

I thoroughly enjoyed all of this series. They are beautifully written and not a single mistake or Americanism in sight. Which cannot be said for most Darcy what if books.
Maria Jose
  • Side by Side, Apart
  • Undeceived: Pride & Prejudice in the Spy Game
  • Longbourn's Songbird
  • Bewitched, Body and Soul: Miss Elizabeth Bennet
  • The Three Colonels: Jane Austen's Fighting Men (Jane Austen's Fighting Men, #1)
  • The Falmouth Connection
  • The Darcy Brothers
  • Lucky 13: Matchmaking and Misunderstandings
  • Yours Forevermore, Darcy
  • Darcy's Decision (Given Good Principles #1)
  • Darcy vs. Bennet: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Consequences
  • Christmas at Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Holiday Sequel
  • Pride and Pyramids
  • Fitzwilliam Darcy: An Honourable Man
  • Guardian (The Guardian Trilogy, #1)
  • Project Darcy
Monica Fairview is an ex-literature professor who abandoned teaching criticism about long gone authors who can’t defend themselves in order to write novels of her own. Monica can be described as a wanderer, opening her eyes to life in London and travelling ever since. She spent many years in the USA before coming back full circle to London, thus proving that the world is undeniably round.

Monica’s

The Darcy Novels (3 books)
  • Mr. Darcy's Pledge: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (The Darcy Novels, #1)
  • Mr. Darcy's Challenge: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (The Darcy Novels, #2)