Start by marking “Taylor's Weekend Gardening Guide to Kitchen Gardens: How to Create a Beautiful and Functional Culinary Garden” as Want to Read:

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
For beauty and practicality, nothing can equal the popular kitchen garden, with its combination of ornamental and edible plants.
Published May 6th 1998 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Be the first to ask a question about Taylor's Weekend Gardening Guide to Kitchen Gardens

Annie Oosterwyk
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gardening
I think I've read this before, but it bears a second look. I love photographs that look like they could really come from behind the house. No vista necessary. At this point in the winter, I am making lists of chores and seeds and plants and needing to feel inspired. I now have three pages worth. This book has great lists of edible and self-sowing plants. I love double-dipping!!
Joni
May 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gardening, 2012
The book did not contain many pretty gardens; I've been more interested in the formal French-style potagers and this book did not have those. The prettiest garden was on p. 107, that did offer a bit of inspiration. The first few chapters were good reading, the rest I skimmed and looked at photos. Basic gardening info.
Molly
Oct 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Not a lot of gardening advice or tips here, but there are design ideas and some nice pictures. This is a nice place to start, then move on to more detailed sources once you've made your design.
Janet Siar
Jan 04, 2009
Rebecca
Apr 12, 2011
Jan 20, 2010 rated it it was ok
pretty basic info. not amazing but had some nice charts and very well laidout.
Ashley Mcleod