Start by marking “The Hardest Fall (Roadmap to Your Heart #4)” as Want to Read:
The Hardest Fall (Roadmap to Your Heart #4)

The Hardest Fall

(Roadmap to Your Heart #4)

Lee trades country ballads for show tunes in the next standalone book of her M/M series, Roadmap to Your Heart.

After licking his wounds from a painful relationship, Tate Sullivan is ready to move back home. He picks up where he left off as drag queen extraordinaire Frieda Love in a West Village bar in New York City. He doesn't expect to be drawn to the mysterious man
Published June 23rd 2016 by Christina Lee

To ask other readers questions about The Hardest Fall, please sign up.
Christina Hi there! Sebastian is a brand new character. But Tate is Dean's outlandish friend in The Deepest Blue from NC State. Thanks for asking!…moreHi there! Sebastian is a brand new character. But Tate is Dean's outlandish friend in The Deepest Blue from NC State. Thanks for asking! (less)

Start your review of The Hardest Fall (Roadmap to Your Heart #4)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
So romantic and fulfilling ... I didn't even mind the looong slow burn.

I loved the MCs, especially Sebastian, and the supporting cast of characters.

Thumbs up for the cameo featuring Dean and Callum in the beginning; I just found it odd that they were never mentioned again, even though Tate considered Dean a good friend.

Sweet! Sexy! Sold!
Jaime
The Hardest Fall
This is book three in the The Roadmap to Your Heart series and Christina Less has outdone herself in this story. The MC in this book are Tate Sullivan and Sebastian Clark who meet by unique circumstance. Although a situation from the past brought them together it is Sebastian's attraction to Tate and queen Frieda Love that keep them running into each other at the little night club, Ruby Redd's, in the West Village. Sebastian has been asked to deliver something to Tate yet when he first gets a
Jan
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq

**** 4 Stars****

Tate Sullivan is a funny, sassy, talented and adorable guy comfortable in his own skin.

He works in a Bar a few nights a week as Frieda Love, his persona as a drag queen.

As a day job, he tries to survive as a graphic designer making quirky T shirts.

Sebastian Clark is a straight guy with a social work degree who loves to help the ones in need.
Sadly, his Dad passed away and Sebastian had to put his dreams on hold to run his father’s business.

How the MC’s get to know each other:

.Lili.
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
 photo image.jpg1_zpsa3tsj1a6.jpg

I wish I could say this book was hit for me but I can't. It was hard for me to connect with the story especially the first 20-25%. I struggled a bit and had to kind of push myself to continue. The story did get better but not enough for me to say "I loved this book."

Some things that I did like:

- The characters. I loved Sebastian and Tate. They were different but complemented each other well.
-Frieda Love- Tate's alter ego. She was fun and sassy. She was the best part of the story.
-I also enjoyed
Ele
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it

I'm afraid I'm in the minority with this book. I really liked some parts, but others didn't quite work out for me.

What I liked:

~I love books with cross dressing, drag queens or gender bending in general, and this part is done really well here. Frieda Love, the alter ego of Tate is magnificent and her shows and personality won me over.

~I loved Sebastian. His character is very likeable and I really loved the way he handled his sexuality.

~The writing is pretty good and it flows really well.

What
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

Well... We finally have a winner here guys!
I admit, my feelings for the first two books were a tiny bit lackluster, but not because of the writing. For some unknown reason, I always felt a little disconnect with the characters, but I’m happy to say that that wasn't the case here!

Sebastian is trying to fulfill the dying wish of his childhood best friend. That action brings him to the door of the flamboyant, drag queen Frieda Love, aka Tate. Sebastian is instantly mesmerized and can’t not
Christina
Feb 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Tate and Sebastian's book, set in the West Village, NYC.

Just FYI: Sebastian is a brand new character. But Tate is Dean's outlandish friend in The Deepest Blue from NC State.

Here's a teaser:

Pianka *call me PIU*

This story is seriously AMAZING. It is all about the feels and they struck right at my heart. This book was a lesson in love: If you love someone, then you need to love each and every aspect of the person, not just the one single part that is convenient. This is my second book by Christina Lee and she has done an outstanding job in creating the characters of Tate and Sebastian. They were the most adorable and sweetest couple with boatloads of love for each other.

Tate Sullivan, stage name
BR11
Super sweet. Slow burn but they get there.
Recommend
~Mindy Lynn~
Amazon freebie but only for today! 9-27-17
Meags
4 Stars

This installment follows Tate Sullivan (Dean’s bestie from The Deepest Blue) and Sebastian Clark as they are brought together through circumstances fueled by new secrets and past hurts.

Tate works at a drag queen bar called Ruby Redd’s, where he performs several times a week as the charismatic and alluring Frieda Love. For several weeks Tate has been drawn to the gorgeous and enigmatic man watching him perform from the back of the bar, until one night he finally gives in to curiosity and
Teri
I really loved this! Tate was amazing and I adored Sebastian. They were great together and I liked the slow burn, but when it got going, wowza, steam too. I liked Tori and Annie as well. There definitely could have been more angst with all that had happened, but I'm glad there wasn't. The reactions and personalities fit and made sense given the past and the events that had shaped the characters.
Denise H.
**** We have a topsy-turvy tale here, as Sebastian's friend Alan was dying and asked a favor. Handsome Sebastian
now works at his deceased Dad's shoe business, and volunteers at the Shelter.
Beautiful Tate/Frieda Love performs

as a drag queen and also has a t-shirt business.
Having been in foster care until adopted, Sebastian felt Alan's information should be handed over. So, he goes to the club where Frieda Love sings to bring him the info, but doesn't. Frieda on stage is captivating, but Tate
Juxian
Feb 26, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: didn-t-like
I don't want to read another story with one character keeping a secret that's gonna bite him on the ass. I don't like this plot device at all and just read a story like that two days ago. Also, disappointed with how everything about Frieda is generalities. Everyone praises her but what's really her selling point, what makes her awesome? A drag queen lip-sinking to Lady Gaga - that's, like, not even a cliche, it's beyond that.
Sanaa
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4-4.25 stars!

"Whatever it was it made me want to grab Frieda, throw her over my shoulder, and take her home, like some big ape. I wanted to unwrap her like a present and claim my prize—Tate.”

This was a really cute story. My first by Christina Lee but definitely not my last. There were a few things that could have been different and were hard to overlook hence the rating.

The characters were amazing and their chemistry was HOT! I've never read a character who was a like Tate and I hope I
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
FIVE super duper glorious amazing magnificent stars :-)!!!! This book is EVERYTHING. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended!!!

I have A LOT to say ... stay tuned :-)!! In the meantime, read my updates ... they are paramount and they are mini reviews in and of themselves :-)!!
Aerin
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series
Loved this so much! Like seriously LOVED! Review to come when I find some time to write it.
Jay
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, read-2016
4 stars – The third installment in Christina Lee’s Roadmap to Your Heart series, The Hardest Fall, is the fifth book of hers that I have read and another satisfying entry in her M/M repertoire.

Orphaned at a young age, Sebastian Clark has always struggled with being able to let people get close to him. Now as an adult, he has been tasked with the dying request of the one person he considered a friend growing up. The request leads him to a bar featuring a drag queen show in search of one queen in
Kim
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars

Tate Sullivan makes no apologies for who he is. He is out and proud as himself, and is also known as Drag Queen, Frieda Love. He is vibrant, brazen, and flashy. His armor is hair color, make up, and standing out. But underneath he has been scarred by his past and guards himself to avoid being hurt.

Sebastian Clark is a quiet, serious business man. Issues from his past have made him more of a loner and he keeps himself at a distance from people. He had no idea that doing a favor for a
Vallie
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
**2.5 stars**

Hmm...this one was more of a miss for me, unfortunately. I like drag queen MCs and I was not disappointed with Frieda Love, aka Tate in his day job, but the whole set-up with the big secret and the drama that came with it when it was revealed put me off.

However, there were good things about the book.

-Double POv is always a bonus. I think the characters were developed well and I felt like I knew what they were about pretty quickly.

-Side characters: Tate’s roommate, Tori, and
Livia
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance junkies (M/M)
Recommended to Livia by: Christina Lee
“You never cease to amaze me, Baz.” ~Tate

.•**•Minor spoilers alert!!!•**•.

Writing style: Dual 1st person POV
•**•
Cover design: I love every single thing about this cover! The model's purple-tipped hair is a seriously cool tie-in to Tate's penchant for trying bold colors.
Lead Characters:
Tate Sullivan aka Frieda Love - drag queen extraordinaire and funny slogan T-shirt designer
Sebastian Clark - owner of Rosie's Repair Shop and a Safe Harbor advocate
Supporting characters:
Tori - Tate's
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars

*copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review*

I'll be honest, while I wouldn't mind watching a drag show, I wasn't so sure when I picked this book up, that having one of the main characters be a drag queen would be my cup of tea. But Christina did a remarkable job at separating Frieda Love from Tate. Yes, they are one in the same, but Tate was definitely all man when he was not in drag.

I'll start with the person that touched me most in this
Abbey's Fully Booked
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love M/M books, but I am new to the effeminate/genderfluid reads within the genre with this one being only my second one but can I just say I think I have found my new addiction.

I absolutely loved that Tate was firm in his self and his self confidence just oozed off the page, making you believe you were as fierce as he was. Freida Love his Drag Queen Alter ego was also a force to be reckoned with and I just loved everything she portrayed.

Sebastian was an absolute doll, from the very first
JD Crittendon
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Pretty Boy Kissing a Handsome Boy...It’s Love!

A straight guy Sebastian and a drag queen Tate walk into a bar and find love. Ms Lee is a good storyteller, a good writer. I enjoyed this tale even though the premise is a tried and true trope. I like the MCs and the minor characters. This story has some angst, a bit of drama but it isn’t heavy...it’s charming and sweet in the end.
Alisa
Page Count: 255
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

After licking his wounds from a painful relationship, Tate Sullivan is ready to move back home. He picks up where he left off as drag queen extraordinaire Frieda Love in a West Village bar in New York City. He doesn’t expect to be drawn to the mysterious man
Morningstar
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book: The Hardest Fall
Author: Christina Lee
Rating: 4.50 Stars

I have yet to read a Christina Lee book that didn’t in some way touch me and make me want to smish her characters and this one did not disappoint! This is the case of opposites attract and man are those some of the most hard won loves of all. We always say that we don’t want to fall in love with someone who is exactly like we are but Sebastian and Tate take opposites to a new point.

We get to meet Tate first or rather I should say
Rachel
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

Tate and Sebastian seem like they should be opposites with nothing to draw them together. For all Sebastian knows he’s a straight man just trying to fulfill a promise to his best friend. Tate has only recently returned to New York after several years away, and has started performing as Frieda Love once again.

I loved both of Tate’s personas, and I love that Sebastian felt drawn to both sides of Tate’s life. Frieda Love is vivacious, brash, and loves to put on a show. Tate is a little
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • One Night at Finn's (Finn's Pub Romance #1)
  • Love Always
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Heart Strain (Interlocking Fragments #1)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Uniting the Souls (Souls of Chicago, #6)
  • Two Weeks and a Day (Finn's Pub Romance, #2)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.

Roadmap to Your Heart (5 books)
  • The Darkest Flame (Roadmap to Your Heart #1)
  • The Faintest Spark (Roadmap to Your Heart, #2)
  • The Deepest Blue (Roadmap to Your Heart #3)
  • The Sweetest Goodbye (Roadmap to Your Heart #5)
“Whatever it was it made me want to grab Frieda, throw her over my shoulder, and take her home, like some big ape. I wanted to unwrap her like a present and claim my prize—Tate.” 0 likes