Start by marking “Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Raven's Peak

(World on Fire #1)

A quiet little mountain town is hiding a big problem. When the townsfolk of Raven's Peak start acting crazy, Abigail Dressler is called upon to discover the root of the evil affecting people. She uncovers a demonic threat unlike any she's ever faced and finds herself in a fight just to stay alive.

Abigail rescues Haatim Arison from a terrifying fate and discovers that he ha

Published July 5th 2016 by Kindle Press (first published June 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Raven's Peak, please sign up.
Lincoln Cole The sequel (Raven's Fall) is finished and undergoing editing right now, and the planned release date for it is September 13th or 20th. So, as long as…moreThe sequel (Raven's Fall) is finished and undergoing editing right now, and the planned release date for it is September 13th or 20th. So, as long as everything goes according to plan, it should be up for preorder soon!(less)

N.N. Light
There’s a new demon slayer on the loose and she reminds me of Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer but on steroids.

Residents of Raven’s Peak are acting strange and the Council asks Frieda to send a hunter to investigate. She calls on the only one she knows who can handle it: Abigail.

The Council has Abigail on a short leash, thanks to her being possessed by a demon more than six months ago. But she’s determined to prove her dark past is behind her, at least that’s what she’s telling Frieda. Intern
Ellie Midwood
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this new action packed paranormal thriller and here’s why. I love strong, multi-dimensional characters who grow and progress throughout the story with every new challenge thrown at them. Both Haatim and Abigail are the perfect examples of strong characters, and especially Haatim, who starts off like an unsuspecting young blogger, who suddenly gets confronted by paranormal forces and realizes that all those stories about monsters were real. Abigail, a young courageous fighter ...more
M.N. Arzu
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like dark supernatural thrillers
Characters I care about, checked. Narrative that engulfs me and won't let me go, checked. Pace, style, overall storytelling, checked.

The thing about this book is that it crawls into you and doesn't let you go. You are *right there* with the characters. Vivid description are one of the things I love the most about books, and this one delivers in spades. Plus, you want to know about the characters' pasts, and where would this story lead them. You're never sure who's going to make it, or where the
Ben Hammott
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This paranormal thriller from Lincoln Cole opens with the mysterious Reverend Arthur Vangeest who has voluntarily incarcerated himself in a desolate prison cell for the last five years. When he gets a female visitor, Frieda, who needs his help, he is reluctant to accept. From this point in the story had me hooked. Who was Arthur? Why did he lock himself away for so long? Why was he the only one who could help Frieda?

Arthur is a demon hunter and he wants revenge for the death of Abigail, someone
R.M. Gauthier
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Raven's Peak is an outstanding, action packed adventure that kept moving rapidly till the bitter end. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel from the settings, to character development and the relationship between Abigail and Haatim. I look forward to the next installment of the series. Don't keep us waiting too long Mr. Cole.

I was a little jolted in parts of this story, one being the Interlude. That pulled me right out of the story and it took a day to get back to it. I understand why Mr. Cole choose
Andy Lang
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raven's Peak: When I first saw the cover for this book, I hoped that I would enjoy... and it did not mislead because this is a story that I have no hesitation in recommending.
At the beginning I was reminded very much of Angels and Demons, and Silas the albino monk in his lonely cell, and I have to admit my mind closed a little... BUT, I was wrong, the plot moved swiftly on in a totally unexpected direction. The character in the cell, Arthur is clearly flawed yet I felt myself definitely on his
Latasha
** I received this audiobook in exchange for a honest review**

The narrator did a great job. She has a very nice voice. The production was great, no problems there.
The story. Well... i didn't think it matched up to the description. Abby goes to Raven's Peak first then everyone goes crazy. The characters were fine but I didn't really click with any of them. Abby belongs to an order that helps protect the world against the supernatural.She's a solider that has lost the trust of most of the order.
William Bitner Jr.
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading “Raven’s Peak (World on Fire, Book 1)”, by Lincoln Cole. I won this book in a giveaway on Goodreads.com. This is my first read by Lincoln and I look forward to the sequel to this paced supernatural thriller. Very strong well developed characters, and multiple plots throughout this book. I really enjoyed my first read of this author and look forward to many more.

Synopsis: A quiet little mountain town is hiding a big problem. When the townsfolk of Raven's Peak start acting cr
Ryan Michael
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an exceptionally fun read, and I immediately bought book two of the series for my kindle after I read the last page. Raven's Peak has great character development throughout. I found myself really connecting with Haatim and Abigale, as they have really nice depth and are empathetic characters. The pacing was really good from the first chapter and didn't slow down, and you are given just enough details of what's going on to keep you interested without feeling like too many details were re ...more
Bob Platypire
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4.5 Stars

This book dove right with some dark, twisted stuff, so I knew right away that I was gonna dig it. I was not disappointed. I felt like the story flowed along pretty smoothly, and I enjoyed the characters. The author did a great job building his world and all of the monsters and demons within it.

I really liked it, and think a lot of people who enjoy dark, demonic themed stories would, too. I'm definitely going to be buying
A.M. Manay
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very polished horror thriller with interesting main characters and plenty of danger. I enjoyed the contst between Abigail and Haatim, the way the complemented each other, and the way their bond developed over the course of the book. The writing is clear and not overly embellished. The mythology is parceled out nicely. The story is compelling and frightening in equal measure. The gore is there, but it isn't offensive. All in all, very well done. I have high hopes for the rest of the ser ...more
L.M. duPreez
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Cole has such a command of imagery in Raven's Peak. There were times when I was reading that I actually forgot I was reading--it was like I watching a movie instead because the scenes were so vivid and intense. This is my type of book--dark, thrilling, unexpected and unpredictable. It had me hooked from cover to cover (or, you know, first kindle swipe to last kindle swipe). Well written and plotted! Highly recommended!
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

From the moment I started reading Raven’s Peak, I couldn’t put it down. Raven’s Peak is a quiet little mountain town hiding a big problem – the townsfolk are starting to act crazy. Abigail Dressler is called upon to discover the root of the evil affecting people, and as such, discovers a demonic threat of epic proportions.

Abigail rescues Haatim Arison, a young man who has a family legacy in the supernatural, something
Jolly Per
The writing was great, no doubt in that. But I felt like most of the book was a little lost on me. Still, I find the world-building peculiar enough to go on with the story.
Clare O'Beara
Aug 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is a horror book about a man who likes whipping himself, who gets sent to hunt a demon. The demon likes to kill young girls and inhabit their bodies. I really was not enjoying the tale so I stopped reading. The location seems to be North America. I am sure some readers will enjoy this book more than I did.
I downloaded a copy from the Kindle Scout programme because I have enjoyed other works of fiction by this author.
This is an unbiased review.

Bruce Perrin
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Realism When You Need It; Fast-Pace Chills When You Don’t

Raven’s Peak is the story of Abigail Dressler, a relatively inexperienced “hunter” charged by a secret society with finding and subduing demons. Faced with threats greater than any she has encountered before, she must ally with Haatim Arison, who is oblivious to his own roots in this peace-keeping crusade.

Raven’s Peak finds the perfect blend of realism and the supernatural. It might seem that a book listed in the Occult genre need not wor
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1) by Lincoln Cole is a creepy, disturbing, and wonderfully good read! It keeps you turning the page when you don't want to. I was afraid to read what might be next but couldn't help myself. This book is full of suspense and surprises. Loved it! Action, fantasy, demons, terror, and so much more. The characters are well developed and rich with their own uniqueness. I was terrified of the Reverend and I felt like I was there, with the guards, oh, my ticker was going ...more
H. El-Tahwagi
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing novel! First, I was surprised by the sudden, abrupt beginning; but just after a few pages, I could not put the book out of my hands. Abigail, who is possessed by a demon in the beginning, meets Haatim. Together, they go on a mission to safe the world from evil.
In the book, you find everything: demons, demon hunters, secret societies-- everything exprerienced by dynamic characters. Especially Haatim was depicted in a very realistic and convincing way.
I would recommend this novel t
DeAnna Knippling
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An excellent page-turning action/horror. Lots of plot twists, clear action, good characters, witty banter. Diverse cast and solid-seeming details. A feet-up, lean-back read. Well done.
Nada Sobhi
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is a fast-paced paranormal action thriller. It was also quite scary in places, and were it a movie with a bit of sound effects, it would definitely be creepy. It is the first instalment in the World on Fire series.

The novel opens with a lengthy but action-filled prologue where we are introduced to Abigail, a demon hunter, who was out on a mission but had been possessed by the demon she, along with two others, was sent to destroy. Her mentor, Arthur goes to rescue her
E.A. Turley
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from Kindle Scout by voting on it to be published and am so glad that I did. The excerpt that was put up for reading ended just before the prologue finished at a very tantalising dialogue and it was great to be able to keep finally reading the whole book.
The Reverend Arthur Vangeest has spent the last five years in an old forgotten prison cell. No one knows who he is. No one knows why he's there. No one knows how long he will spend there. But he spends his time lashing
Eustacia Tan
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on Kindle Scout, so yay for that!

Raven's Peak follows... well, it's either Abigail or Haatim. So my normal opening sentence does not work here. Basically, Abigail hunts demons, and Haatim is running from his past. When Haatim unwittingly becomes entangled in the whole demon world, he meets Abigail and things start to get weird and dangerous for him. The two eventually end up at a tiny town called Raven's Peak, where people are going crazy, and where Abigail and Haatim will both
Cianna Sunshine & Mountains Book Reviews
Loved this book! Honestly, I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but I'm glad I did! Lincoln Cole is a #NewToMe author, but is now on my short list of those I will keeping tabs on!

Raven's Peak deals with a Abigail, a young girl working for a secret organization that hunts down supernatural threats and deals with them. Demons, cults, you name it, she does it. She was brought into this world long ago, and her backstory is facinating. There's a lot of dark twisty stuff going on in this book, and y
Kathleen
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raven’s Peak is a thoroughly engrossing supernatural thriller. In the Prologue, we meet Arthur, the Reverend, the master Hunter, now imprisoned by a powerful demon. There he is contacted by Frieda and sent on an important mission concerning Abigail.

The focus then shifts to the two main characters: Haatim and Abigail, who are thrown together in the battle against the demon who calls himself George Wertman. Haatim is my favorite character in this book. He’s bookish and heavy-set, not your typical
Mandy Walkden-Brown
This book should be on your must-read pile.
The story begins with a dark, unsettling, spellbinding prologue and maintains the suspense until the final page.
Battling demons is rarely a task for the weak of body or mind and Abigail is certainly no exception. Strong, feisty, and with the ability to repartee just as devastatingly with words as a weapon, Abigail is an enjoyable hero to watch in action.
And as for the likeable but somewhat clueless Hateem, he may indeed find himself in more danger fr
C.L. McGrath
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Not my usual genre, but i really enjoyed it.
Very exciting from the start.
The prelude ended and I was suddenly without Arthur. Which didn't thrill me initially as I really liked him. I really wanted the story to be centred around him, but to my surprise it only got better. I was introduced to Abigail! What a great character! I loved her, such a strong, witty woman.
All the characters are really well written, I think Lincoln did a great job making you feel attached to them all. Especially Ha
Fiona
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
In theory this should absolutely have worked for me - demons forever working to take down the secret council keeping the world safe, that's right up my alley. It was well written - there was nothing that actively put me off (other than the ending but we'll get to THAT later). But something never quite clicked; we were only ever acquaintances at most.

The ending though, probably pushed it down from a 3 to a 2 star for me - I completely get that series are where we're at right now, but each book s
Bill Ward
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have become a fan of this author and this latest book does not disappoint! In fact, it features one of the most gripping openings I have read in a very long time and speeds ahead like a roller coaster ride. I loved the characters especially Arthur and Abigail. I like strong female characters and Abigail is a great kick-ass heroine. As I was sucked into a world of demons and the secret order who are protecting mankind, I had no problem suspending disbelief and immersing myself in this fantasy w ...more
K.R. Reese
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, I must say that this has got to be the most interesting story I've read in quite a long time. I'm not much for anything that isn't romance, but recently, I've decided to take a leap of faith and indulge into some new genres. Ravens Peak is a must read novel. The twists and turns, faults and triumphs experienced by Abigail in this book are heart-wrenching and exciting all at the same time! Fantastic!
J.A. Kerr
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
his was a great book with a strong storyline that drew me in from the first page. Believable characters, I pictured Abigail as a modern Laura Croft in her quest to banish the world of demons and Haatim as her side-kick was a great addition. Lots of twists and turns in this story to keep the reader entertained. Thoroughly recommend. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Horror Aficionados : Raven's Peak only 99 cents! 1 17 Mar 22, 2017 01:42PM
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R: RAVEN'S PEAK (paranormal) 10+ copies 37 78 Jul 19, 2016 04:36PM

• Bayou Scar
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • The Wyckham House
  • Morning Stars (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #2)
  • Half-Boys and Gypsy Girls (Spookshow, #5)
  • Princess of Light (Heirs of a Broken Land Series, #1)
  • Atlantis Quest (Atlantis Rising, #2)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Hearts of Stone (Dracula, #1)
  • The Labyrinth Wall
  • The Scare
  • Bloodwalker
  • Breed of Envy (The Breed Chronicles #2)
  • The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles #1)
  • Prophecy Girl
  • The Benighted (The Benighted Saga, #1)
  • Ancient Blood: A Novel of the Hegemony (The Order Saga, #1)
  • Fire & Ice (Book of Shadows, #1)
Lincoln Cole

Lincoln Cole is a Columbus based author who enjoys traveling and has visited many different parts of the world, including Australia and Cambodia, but always returns home to his pugamonster puppy, Luther, and family. His love for writing was kindled at an early age through the works of Isaac Asimov and Stephen King and he enjoys telling stories to anyone who will listen.

World on Fire (3 books)
  • Raven's Fall (World on Fire #2)
  • Raven's Rise (World on Fire #3)
“I thought I knew what evil was, but I was wrong.” “Then what is it?” she asked. “Ambivalence. Standing by and watching people suffer and die when you know you can help them.” 5 likes
“There was never a divine substitute for the real thing. Another” 0 likes