Start by marking “Broken” as Want to Read:
Broken

Broken

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
I wasn't looking for love, but it found me.

After giving up my dream of becoming a writer in favor of a marriage that was destined to fail, I'd been given a second chance. A chance to discover if after seven years, free-spirited Evie Rivers still lay beneath the surface.

For eight weeks, it would be just me, my laptop, and the wintry Hamptons landscape. No distractions, no i
Published October 4th 2016 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Broken by Lisa Edward
4.5 stars!!!

“I wish we’d had a lifetime together. I feel like I’ve wasted my life with all the wrong people.”

Lisa Edward is one of those authors that never fails to wring out every single emotion I possess with her words and Broken was no different. Yes, this was an emotional read in parts, but for the most part this was an incredibly beautiful romance with two stunning characters that totally deserved a happy every after.

“You’re going to be trouble for me, aren’t you?
Wit & Wonder Books
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

What happens when two broken people find themselves drawn together?
A beautiful love story is what happens!

I was gifted Broken by Lisa Edward and I have to say it was a wonderful romance story that tugs on the heartstrings. I really do love books that allow me the chance to feel everything the characters are feeling. This book gave me that and so much more.

When Evie went on a journey of self discovery, she never encountered that she would meet
Monica James
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Broken
I adore this book. The characters were superbly crafted. I loved Evie. She was full of spirit and such a strong woman considering all she’s been through. Enter Adam Walker. He is British. Enough said!
Their chemistry sizzled off the pages. They connected in a way which instantly had you rooting for the couple to make it through.
This story isn’t your typical romance. There are twists and turns and tears...but BROKEN is so worth the ride!
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A quicky... Review coming soon!
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I liked this, and I didn't at the same time. The story, for the first 2/3 was good, but it lost me toward the end.

But, without spoilers, I really didn't like the ending. I like reality, but only so much of it, as I do read romance after all.

Evie is a little broken at the beginning, but she is figuring it out. She is taking her life in her own hands, and she is figuring it out. And, into her figuring it out steps the skinny dipping neighbor 2 house
Toni FGMAMTC
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

Evie is a little quirky which is nice. It’s refreshing how she isn’t jaded or overly sexy. She’s working things out as she goes along. Adam is quick with sweet gestures like offering to cook and give back rubs. They have a few spats that come on suddenly and resolve easily. Their behaviors are a bit wishy-washy and insta sometimes, but their kind hearts are attractive. Evie and Adam are definitely made for each other.
Broken is full of über romance.
Maria Vickers
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Get the tissues ready because you are going to need them for Broken by Lisa Edward. The book will send you through an emotional upheaval, and I will admit to almost throwing my kindle a time or two.

Evie is just getting out of a loveless, passionless marriage and has moved up north. Her best friend has convinced her to start writing again, and even signed her on as a new author with her agency. To push Evie a little more, she rents a house in the Hampton's for two months in the winter...and that
Jamie  Zishka
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lisa Edward is one of my go to authors, she has been for quite sometime, so when I seen she was putting out another book I was instantly ready to pounce! Thank goodness I pounced on this one, it was a great read! If you haven't read any of her other books you need to get on it ASAP, my favorite series was the Songbird series. I would give this book a 4 stars and highly recommend to others. This book is a very emotional read that will rip at your heartstrings but a beautiful story non the less.

E
The Book Fairy Reviews
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Romance, Erotica writer in college, get married! Yeah, you would think that she was living the dream, but no, she was living in isolation and loneliness. She is ready to start over, can she get what she dreamed of so long ago?
Defeated, but living on his own terms, going abroad to live and adventure before it was to late. Can he out run his sadness?
They never thought they would get a chance at something beautiful and remarkable. Both running away from something, but fate had them running to each
Teri
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The question is which of the two is more broken and holds more secrets. Adam and Evie meet in a wonderful way which he loves and hat embarrasses Evie and her prime and proper state. A state that over the upcoming 8 weeks slowly is replaced with the new and adventurous person she opens up to become. Adam is carefree and open, supportive, loving and kind, peaches and roses or at least that's what it seems. Although time is slipping away and he has to return to England and promises are made.

Waiting
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends

This was a book, within a book, within a book, and boy did I feel every page turn!

This was a real roller-coaster of a read. It started off a bit too slowly for me. By 30% of the way through, I was considering not finishing it. By halfway through I was determined to get to the end. By 75% of the way through I was crying, uncontrollably, thank to the emotive storyline. At 100% of the way through I loved the book and truly treasured the story and its characters. So why the mixed feelings?

For some r
Abby
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
*ARC is obtained through Book Enthusiast Promotions in exchange for an honest review*
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤(4 Buttercup Stars)
Broken is a lovely and heartwarming read that will makes you feel giddy, swoony and maybe on the verge of tearing up sometimes. This is a love story between a British guy who is a painter-slash-English teacher with a romance writer that comes from Southern America.

Firstly I must say that I am truly surprised and delighted upon realizing that Adam Walker is portrayed as the hot B
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10-kindle, 14-arc

Review : “Broken” by Lisa Edward has such an innocent blurb – but the reader should be warned that the story could in fact get gut wrenching at certain points depending on the kind of reader you are.

I had this feeling throughout reading and no matter what the author was saying at that moment my gut was telling me something and he was right as it turned out.

Yet even though it was gut wrenching in a way that should mean “crying a river” – I did in fact NOT do that … which only leaves the book at 4
Felicia
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Evie is finally free of the suffocating marriage to a man who tried to make her into someone else, and never appreciated the true her. Adam is trying to regroup after finding out the woman he relocated thousands of miles to be with, doesn’t really love him, and his health is in jeopardy. Two broken people who end up neighbors on the same beach for eight weeks.

This couple didn’t really know what they were searching for until they found it in each other. Their relationship helps them grow as indiv
Monique Tinline
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
   photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg
 OK I'm writing this only minutes after finishing, I seriously need to get it all out.

Thank you for delivering a beautifully written book. The story of Evie and Adam is perfect. Life isn't meant to be easy, we all face challenges, some more obstacles than others, but the will to survive and overcome these obstacles is the true strength and testament of a person.
Evie was a well rounded woman, not letting her first marriage define her and out of reach of love. Her passion and dreams as a writer
Donna Porter
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Evie Rivers is divorcing her husband, Charles, after seven years. Charles is a preacher and very controlling where Evie is concerned. She goes away for eight weeks to the Hamptons. Her friend sets her up with a beach house. Evie is a writer and after years she wants to start again. Adam Walker is english and goes to the Hamptons to make a life changing decision. He and his dog Max are playing on the beach when he sees Evie watching them. Max loves Evie and always goes to her house to visit. One ...more
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first read from this author and I really enjoyed reading it. It was a great story; one of hope.

Evie isn't happy in her marriage and after filing for divorce retreats to the Hamptons in hope of finding not only herself again but also trying to find her passion again. Not everything goes as she planned, especially as she meets the handsome Adam who sweeps her of her feet. But she knows somewhere deep inside him there's more to him, something he isn't revealing after getting to know each other
DrivenbyBooks
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

Isabel
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sad
Ok, this book as cheesy as it is, it almost made me cry.

I approach romantic/erotica literature to disconnect and just pick at my happy feelings while I read them and normally they do the job and I am 3-stars content.

But this one made me emotional, perhaps is because I am not used to read this kind of doomed-MC stories, so the one I read affects me.

Whatever the reason, I give it 4 starts for leaving me on the verge of tears, painful-enjoyable kind of tears, the ones that make you so sad that y
Heather Carver
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was one of my favorites by Lisa Edward. While I really enjoyed Songbird this book doesn't compare. It can't compare because they are totally different. I loved them both for very different reasons! You must read this book! If you loved Songbird read this. If you didn't care for Songbird read this!!!!

This book is emotional and will have tears filling your eyes. You'll probably be a little upset, but you'll understand and then be sad all over again. I loved this!!

Yo
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sam
5 star's

Wow oh wow

What a beautiful story. Get the tissues wine a chocolates at the ready. This is my first book to read from this author and after this book I NEED to read all of them.

I loved this book.

Evie is finally free!
Adam is trying to get back on his feet after moving location! They meet and well lets just say wow you have to read it to see what happens. So much worth the 5 stars. I will most definitely recommend this book and Author.

Review done for Hooked On Books & CherryOBlosso
Socially Book Nerd
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am blown away by this book, a broken women that any women can relate to, sets out to find herself. prove she is strong. Would you be strong enough just to admit you need more? You route for her and when she meets Adam.. wow.. A definite must read!
Jennifer Schultheis
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hq
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Oct 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Needing to get away to jump start her writing career Evie rents a house on the beach in the Hamptons. She’s trying to find herself after her bad sex marriage of eleven years to a preacher. Thirteen years ago she had written some erotica for fun but never perused that as it wasn’t what her husband wanted her to do with their life. New life, new career, new Evie needs a new man.

On the surface Adam is fun and flirty. I got the impression that Adam was hiding something and that that something was go
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I started reading this in the morning and kept reading on and off all day because I was hooked on this story.
The story draws you in right away and you do not want to stop reading it. I love Adam and Evie. The story is believable .

I highly recommend this book.

Sam
Oct 04, 2016 added it
I only made it 14% before I stopped. The story wasn't bad, just not what I was looking for. I couldn't relate to the characters and that is very important to me. I may read it another time, I'm just not interested now.
I was provided an e-arc by Netgalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
Navneet Sandhu
Mar 18, 2017
Desiree
Jul 20, 2017
Nicole
May 29, 2017
Andrea
Oct 04, 2016
While Lisa Edward has called Melbourne Australia home for her entire life, she has lived and worked in England, and travelled through most parts of Europe and the United States.

She loves nothing more than spending time with her beautiful daughter, or curling up into the early hours of the morning with a great novel.

Her deep appreciation for literature was nurtured from a young age, being taught