Start by marking “Regeneration (Echo Hunter 367, #2)” as Want to Read:
Regeneration (Echo Hunter 367, #2)

Regeneration

(Echo Hunter 367 #2)

The second book in a post-apocalyptic series following a clone who must overcome her design to save her dying city

The Church has stood for hundreds of years, preserving the sole surviving city in a desert wasteland. When Echo Hunter 367 is sent out past the Church's farthest outposts, she's sure it's a suicide mission. But just when she's about to give up hope, she finds t
Published March 14th 2017 by Harper Voyager Impulse

carol.
Regeneration is the second part of an absolutely stunning duology. Read it if you liked Kameron Hurley's Bel Dame series, and especially read it if you wanted to like God's War but didn't. Dissension and Regeneration are stunning, like listening to the delicate strumming in Mark Knopfler's 'Romeo and Juliet,' and the crescendo in 'Sound of Silence' by Disturbed. Powerful, angry, conflicted, desperate, and just the tiniest bit hopeful.

Set in post-apocalypse setting, this series is so much more so
Robyn
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This is a well-crafted world, and the heroine is so beautifully strong and limited - this book made me terribly sad for her in some ways.
Amanda
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Justine
Feb 23, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017-read, dnf
DNF 57%

I enjoyed Berg's first book, Dissension but I can't say the same for the sequel.

The writing is fine but I felt that the plot was just not moving forward. Dissension was not what I would call fast-paced, but Regeneration is missing the steady sense of forward momentum that made its predecessor so compelling.

That being said, a number of my Goodreads friends enjoyed this book as much as Dissension, so if you were a fan of the first book, I would still encourage you to give Regeneration a try
Lindsay
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
We last saw Echo leaving the last city on a mission to either find other survivors of the Fall or more likely to die in the wilderness now that the woman she loves is beyond her. She's well on the way to achieving the latter goal when the she succeeds in the former, with another group of survivors finding her and nursing her back to health. And then she discovers that the Preservers have a similar technology to the Church, but the people who link to it can come and go.

If you liked Dissension the
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
One word comes to mind right away - Intense! This book has that flavor all the way through (even more so than the first book). I do have to say - you really should read Dissension first before reading this one. I did read the first one (review - HERE) It is so worth it to read both books!

I really enjoyed reading this series. I am sad that there is not going to be more (at least I am pretty sure this it it). I would have loved to have read more about Echo - she is my hero (heroine, I should say).
Jessica Bronder
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Echo Hunter 367 is a clone that has been sent out past the furthest reaches of the Church and although she thinks this has become a suicide mission she finds another community. This community seems to be better off than her current one with its clean water and green grass. But things are not always better on the other side of the fence. No matter what happens, she does still have a mission from the Church. But she sees a possible way to help the woman she loves.

This is the second book in a duolo
Joan
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second in a series and I would highly recommend reading the first book, Dissension.

Echo travels to a another community and finds a society being operated differently than hers back home. How she is received in this new environment identified one of the issues of the novel – strangers within a society. Some accept her but others are very suspicious. Other issues explored in this novel include loyalty to leadership verses loyalty to the one you love. A another issue in the novel is the
Ginger Miller
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected ending.

This book is packed with action from start to finish. Echo is still a bit unlikable and a killer. The Saint remains her only saving grace. All she does she does for the Saint. Every move she makes, every thought she has, everything she is, for the Saint. The ending was unexpected but should have seen it coming. Adam I happy with it? No. Could have ended so much better. 4 stars because it was good. 1 star left off because of the ending. My advice, and I am just one reader, carry
Jude
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again I found Berg's writing gripping & immersing. An exceptional read.
Jan
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Echo finds another "city" and returns with one of its inhabitants hoping to find a way to allow Lia to take off the Saint's Crown. Lots of twists and turns re: the cityens, the hunters, the Preservers, and the church. Echo's devotion to Lia was more self-pitying that I would have liked. The ending was not a surprise, but getting there was a lot of fun.

Great, ass-kicking heroine in a well-crafted distopian world. I hope Stacey Berg has more books to write...
Kandice Miles
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was another great writing by Stacey Berg. It is only 3 stars because it just didn’t do it for me. The appeal I had for the first book was washed away in the bleakness and dreariness of this book. The story seemed dragged out without much pertinent action. I was very underwhelmed with the action and felt disappointed with the ending.
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
Regeneration is the sequel to the post-apocalyptic novel, Dissension. Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy Regeneration as much as its predecessor. As Regeneration starts where Dissension left off, I think this is a series that needs to be read in order. Also, I can’t figure out a way to do any sort of plot synopsis without spoiling Dissension. So be warned, spoilers follow from here on out.

At the end of Dissension, Echo walks out into the desert with the vague and distant hope of finding someone else
Chloe Moffett
Danie
Dec 09, 2017
Parker
Apr 14, 2019
Stacey Berg is a medical researcher who writes speculative fiction. Her work as a physician-scientist provides the inspiration for many of her stories. She lives with her wife in Houston and is a member of the Writers’ League of Texas. When she’s not writing, she practices kung fu and runs half marathons.

Echo Hunter 367 (2 books)
  • Dissension (Echo Hunter 367, #1)