Start by marking “Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1)

Winning Back His Wife

(Camp Firefly Falls #1)

Twenty years ago, Michael Tully fell hard and fast at summer camp. Now his soon-to-be ex-wife has quit her job and invested every last penny into re-inventing Camp Firefly Falls. It’s a crazy, ridiculous plan–which he ignores, right up until he’s served with divorce papers.

First book in an interconnected series coming summer 2016!
Published July 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Winning Back His Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning Back His Wife

Zoe
Jun 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
This book will release July 1 officially, should start to roll out to the various retailers a few days before that because we need to get it price matched on Amazon--because it's going to be FREE! Gwen and I are so excited to share this first in series prequel to the Camp Firefly Falls world. www.campfireflyfalls.com
Janie
I absolutely love a marriage on the rocks story. As long as there’s no OW/OM involved. This was a novella but felt like a full story. Like this one a lot. Definitely need to read more from this series.
Rejane
Lynn
Free novella that is a set up for a continuing companion series. It can be read alone.

This story was what I was looking for. Not too long but sweet and fluffy. It's about a married couple who have grown apart but still love each other. They met long ago at a summer camp and were each others first kisses. They reconnected in college and went on to wed. The husband gets a wake up call when his wife serves him with divorce papers and it shocks him into going after his wife and working to fix what h
Tammy Blackwell
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hello, Summer!

This book is perfect for a day at the beach or lounging by the pool. Lots of story and emotion packed into a quick, easy read. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series!
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.25 stars. This was a pretty good book. This was a novella freebie that is the first book in the Camp Firefly Falls series. This is the story of Michael and Heather. They have been married for many years, but Heather feels Michael doesn't really love her anymore. He works so much that he didn't even notice for three days that she had left him and moved out. After 6 months living apart, Heather served him divorce papers. Michael is shocked and finally realizes that he isn't willing to let her go ...more
Aarati
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Winning back His Wife is a prequel to the upcoming Camp Fireflies series and it was indeed a really sweet and sexy start to the series. This is a second-chance romance featuring a married couple.

Heather and Michael Tully met at summer camp when they were teenagers. They had a crush on each other during that time, but it never went much further. They meet again at college and since then they are inseparable. It's been 10 years since they've been married and they still love each other as much as
diana
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Rating: 3.7 of 5 stars

Oh my gosh! This book was all SWOON and I just can't not love it! It was too short for my taste but I really enjoyed it!
I love reading about Heather and Michael's love story - from the first time they fell in love to them falling in love again. They're so different and yet they bring out the best in each other. Seeing Michael win back Heather just melted my heart. It was very sweet, romantic and fun.
I'm not married (I'm only 21) but I think Heather and Michael's story perfe
Aarann
Aug 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, own-kindle, bored-now
DNF at 20%.

Yeah, so this one didn't happen. I tried, I really did, but when in the second scene the two shared together they were making out without speaking and there was utterly no "winning back" of anyone, I realized this was not the book for me. I'm guessing the book must have been pretty short because there hadn't been much content prior to the 20%, but for me that's enough of a percentage to give a book a single star because I was bored.

To be fair, the writing was pretty good and I can't s
Miranda Whore
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!

This novella has everything a romance lover could ask for. Having a couple on the verge of divorce instead of insta-love was an amazing change of pace for one of these sexy novellas.

I loved every minute that the couple spent reconnecting. An emotional and sensual journey back to each other. Swoon.

Five stars and three wet panties.
Kait Nolan
OMG this made me so inexpressibly happy! Every summer I get totally nostalgic about summer camp and I think about how somebody really ought to have adult camp. This series is going to give me EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. Every single one will be an autobuy for me. What fun!

Now, who's going to make this camp a reality?
Cher
Sweet second chance story.
Boy met girl, girl got away, they reconnected after some time then married to each other. Apparently that's not the formula of a happy ending. Because 20 years later, they drifted apart pushing the girl to serve boy divorce papers.

Jo Reads Romance
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
This story ticked so many boxes for me. It’s the story of a husband and wife who have found themselves drifting apart despite still being madly in love with each other. It’s almost a second chance romance despite the pair never really being apart.

It’s a simple enough story - and I was pleased to see it was written in a very linear fashion. Yes there are flashbacks to the couple’s time at camp and into their young adult years, but it starts with the divorce papers and ends up with a satisfying en
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I like something light to read before I go to sleep. I just finished a book about a serial killer, and that's not what I want to be reading right before I go to bed. This seemed like it would fit the bill, as I've read (and enjoyed) both of these authors before. It's a short novella, but it took me a week to read it because it just wasn't holding my interest.

Heather and Michael were on the brink of divorce, but Michael decides he wants to make it work. It seemed like he was shouldering almost a
Jane
Michael Tully gets a wake-up when his wife, Heather serves him with divorce papers; he realizes that Winning Back His Wife is the most important thing in the world to him. She left him six months earlier and bought Camp Firefly Falls where they met as teenagers. The camp is need of major repairs and she has a business plan to make it into an adult camp offering a variety of types of adult camping experiences.

Michael joins her and they begin working together on the camp and on rebuilding their ma
Elena Johansen
I like seeing a romance exploring the rekindling of a failing marriage, but this felt rushed and occasionally awkward. It hit me in the feels quite a few times with elegant prose surrounding the emotions of the characters, but the plot was fairly thin, and the flashbacks to their summers at the camp where they met, or unexpectedly reuniting in college, either needed more attention--they were all super-short--or needed to be cut as separate sections altogether and worked into the narrative as mem ...more
Kim
I liked the chemistry that the characters had in their flashbacks and after their reconciliation, but found myself not understanding how they got to the emotional place they were in. I can't imagine making a huge decision like starting a business, quitting my job, and cashing out my retirement without breathing a word of it to my spouse. All of those decisions would impact him in some way, so the idea that it's never even discussed between them? Shocking!

The premise for this series though? I tot
Trudy Dowling
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't know how this ended up on my Kindle, but I am so glad that it did. I had never read anything by Gwen Hayes or Zoe York. That will be rectified very quickly. They way the story flowed kept me engaged, excited to see what happened next. Michael and Heather first met at camp. Years later they crossed paths at Dartmouth. Was it fate? The story has you believing just that. Along the way they get lost. The journey back was beautiful, challenging, and at sometimes intense. The story gives hope ...more
Fedora
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoyed this second-chance story. Michael and Heather meet at summer camp, and the roots of their romance were sown under the blue skies and in that cool lake. Years later, they find themselves potentially ready to walk away from each other.

Camp Firefly Falls is not only Heather's passion project, it ultimately gives them both a chance to reaffirm what they love most and what shape their lives will take.

Definitely looking forward to revisiting Camp Firefly Falls soon!
Lakeisha
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fighting for forever

I loved everything about this book. Nothing better than reading about a married couple who is willing to fight for each other. Heather and Michael may have been from two different worlds, but their love for one another was kick down the walls awesome. Everyone deserves love like the love this couple has for each other. Amazing writing by Gwen Hayes.
Sarah Austin
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
This is the introduction to Camp Firefly Falls which turns into a serial sequel kind of thing. I'd give it a 3.5. It's a novella so it seems a bit squished. She serves him with divorce papers, there are some flashbacks, they get intimate again...it just felt sort of cramped but it was a good read
Allison
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A satisfying short story. I liked how the format had you flashing back to different periods in the couple's history. I was sort of surprised how smoothly and quickly the problem was solved. I had thought there'd be more emotion.
Sheila Schwartz
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful feel good reading experience! This story will remain in my "to read when I need a pick me up" pile forever! Some books are good enough to be read over and over and over and this is one.
Cynthia
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rekindling

She needs a less corporate life, they seem to have lost each other. She bought the camp they met at and wants to make it four grown ups. He ius suppose to take over his father's company. He realized he loved his wife more. How can they make it work.
Beau and Melanie Cratsley
A great second chance story line

A good, easy read full of a "second chances" story line. It is shorter than most books I read but it is a series that the story continues so I'm looking forward to reading the other books.
Karen Jukes
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this quick read. Looking forward to the next one.
Tracy
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this novella! I read it in a little over an hour. The chemistry between the characters was amazing. A quick read and I'll be sure to read more in the series.
Barbara A. Faw
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read. HEA.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Adult Camping

Getting back to basics is usually what a couple needs to do. Both sides worked together to find themselves and each other again ~
Cassey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very short, sweet and fluffy read.

• Skinny Dipping Dare (Camp Firefly Falls, #4)
  • Then He Came Back (Love From Austin Book 2)
  • Save My Soul (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #1)
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • Lighting the Flames
  • How to Fall
  • Star Dust (Fly Me to the Moon, #1)
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • 12 Christmas Romances To Melt Your Heart
  • Bunco Babes Gone Wild
  • The Bridge
  • No Turning Back (Hanover Brothers, #1)
  • Catch Him If You Can
  • Tequila Sunrise (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4)
  • Tangled Thing Called Love (Life and Love on the Lam, #3)
  • Seduction of the Billionaire (Holland Springs, #0.5)
  • Over-Exposed (Perspectives, #2)
  • The Acceptance (Keller Family, #8)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Zoe York is a busy working mom of two young boys, wife to a very understanding soldier, and creator of modern, sexy, small town contemporary romances. Her debut novel, What Once Was Perfect, started the popular Wardham series, and her first military romance, Fall Out, was released as part of the international bestselling SEALs of Summer super bundle. ...more

Camp Firefly Falls (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • His Counterfeit Campfire Bride (Camp Firefly Falls, #2)
  • Crushing on Cooper (Camp Firefly Falls, #3)
  • Skinny Dipping Dare (Camp Firefly Falls, #4)
  • Time of His Life (Camp Firefly Falls, #5)
  • Mr. Right Next Door (Camp Firefly Falls, #6)
  • One Last Fling (Camp Firefly Falls, #7)
  • His Runaway Campfire Princess (Camp Firefly Falls, #8)
  • Second Chance Summer (Camp Firefly Falls, #9)
  • Falling For the Best Man (Camp Firefly Falls, #10)
  • His Semi-Charmed Life (Camp Firefly Falls #11)