Start by marking “Dangerous Games (FBI, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Games (FBI, #1)

Dangerous Games

(FBI #1)

In Tess Diamond’s gripping debut, when an elite negotiator and a security expert team up to solve a kidnapping, the only thing higher than the tension is the heat . . .

Maggie Kincaid left the FBI two years ago and didn’t look back . . . until now. A senator’s daughter has been abducted, and the nightmare set in motion isn’t just familiar to Maggie, it’s personal. She’
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 28th 2017 by Avon (first published October 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Games, please sign up.
Asteropê It was originally published as a 3 part serial. See the series listing here:
It was later published by Avon as…more
It was originally published as a 3 part serial. See the series listing here:
It was later published by Avon as a full novel. It acts as an omnibus edition.
(less)

Start your review of Dangerous Games (FBI, #1)
Maria V. Snyder
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a fan of romantic suspense novels and I picked this up. I cared about the characters and wanted to see the kidnapped victim be freed and safe. The plot was a bit weak at times - the logic just didn't match up and the one antagonist was a bit over the top, but overall a quick read.
☕️Kimberly
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story opens with Maggie Kincaid running for exercise. As her mind wanders we get a look into her troubled past and life as an FBI hostage negotiator. Maggie left the FBI, two years ago, after losing a young girl. Diamond very quickly connects the reader to Maggie and provides a suspense element when her former mentor asks her to assist on a high-profile abduction.

We meet Jake O'Conner a former Army Ranger who now works in security for Washington's elite. He has been brought in to handle the
Jaclyn
This one was way too repetitive for my taste. The characters would say/think the same things over and over again. I mean after awhile, you just feel like saying, "we get it" you were traumatized in your childhood! I don't have a problem with something being revised, but it should build towards something rather than stating the same thing again.

Sigh. This one was not for me.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the three novellas:

DANGEROUS GAMES
(O’Connor & Kincaid: #1)
Written by Tess Diamond
2015; Tess Diamond Books (113 Pages)
Genre: series, fiction, mystery, suspense, romantic suspense, novella

RATING: 4 STARS

When Tess Diamond asked me to review the first book in her trilogy I went straight to the synopsis and was relieved that it was a novella-length romantic suspense. I said yes and picked it up a few weeks later and was pleasantly surprised at what I read.

Maggie Kincaid was once FBI’s
Anita
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense
One of the best debut series I have ever read. Simply wonderful.

Dangerous Games
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

As a first effort from a new author Dangerous Games far exceeded my expectations. Fast paced with lots of twists and turns the plot grabbed me and took me along on a trail that leads from Maggie's past through her FBI days to the present. From the beginning you are drawn into the world of Maggie Kincaid and her scarred past.

Maggie and her sister were
Valerie
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had some problems with this book.

It starts good. The premise is interesting. Maggie is a kidnapping victim turned FBI negotiator. The ex-military security guy that's hotter than hot is getting in her way but the sparks are flying between them. And I was was a happy reader, thinking this book looked good. Then it just fell flat.

The first HUGE problem I had was the repeated head games Maggie fed herself. She had unresolved issues with how things played out when she was a child and the death of
Debbie Oxier
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic debut by the author. Can't wait for her next one. Maggie Kincaid and her older sister Erica were kidnapped when they were kids. Maggie escaped, Erica has never been found. Maggie blames herself even though Erica was the one who told Maggie to run and get help. Maggie grew up and became a negotiator with the FBI. Considered the best of the best, she had a high rate of success until two years ago when a case went sour and someone died. She quit her job and never looked back. ...more
Lynn Spencer
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Summary:
The hero and heroine are both outsiders of a sort. Maggie Kincaid survived a childhood kidnapping and went on to become one of the FBI’s top hostage negotiators, but left law enforcement after a hostage situation ended tragically. Jake O’Connor was a soldier who now works private security. When a Senator’s daughter is kidnapped, the two are brought into the investigation by their respective mentors and now they must work against time to rescue a child whose medical condition
Elena
Got halfway through before I realized I didn't give a crap. I'd finish if I didn't have literally 600 other books vying for my attention, but, welp. These characters just don't compel me in any way.
Ollie
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This book left me with more questions than answers. I know the book lets you know there is a second book coming out but really ... I guess what is most frustrating is that you are kept on such an emotional high throughout the story for it to end so abruptly with no answers to why
Kayla's Mom became such a whimp?
How did the CIA get involved so quickly?
Why did Edenhurst back down?
Did the Senator win?
Why did Mancuso know the exact last words Maggie's sister said?
Did Paul kill Mancuso?
So many
Kimberly
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a good story but could have been a better overall read. For one it was really repetitive. Jake would look at Maggie and think how strong and awesome and smart she was. She would think about how sexy and awesome he was. These thoughts were covered over and over and over. Yeah we get it, y'all dig each other. She's supposed to be the best yet she's plagued with doubts over and over and either Jake settles her down or she talks herself out of freaking out and so on. I started skimming ...more
Donna Nelson
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real thriller

Not just another run of the mill FBI thriller. The story grabs you from the very beginning. Maggie, an ex-FBI negotiator is haunted by tragic events from her childhood which resulted in the death of her sister. She leaves the agency after her last case resulted in the death of the teenaged hostage. When her old mentor calls in a favor she returns to the agency in a case that threatens to end with the death of another young girl. While trying to save the hostage she must face other
Michele
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

What a masterful debut from Tess Diamond! Non-stop action, deceit and bravery...now this was one thrilling novel. Between the spunky heroine and the steadfast hero, plus all of the intriguing secondary characters, there was a lot to love here. I thought the connection between Maggie and Jake was realistic--especially given that they each were survivors of past trauma--and they had a fun, sweet, teasing type of banter that made their scenes together a joy to read. Full
Regan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
More like a 2-1/2. Parts were really good. Then there were parts that were Lifetime Channel gratuitous drama. The one sex scene wasn't really needed -- unless someone said it had to be in there so it could be really considered a romance. What really annoyed me was the "cliffhanger" which, to me, is really just a ploy to sucker you into buying the next book. It's cheesy at best....and a sure way to keep me from reading anything by that author again.
Books and Berries
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from this author. Maggie Kincaid is an ex-FBI officer with a tragic past. She and Jake O'Connor work together to solve the kidnapping of a young girl. There's an undeniable attraction between them, leaving plenty of room for more books in the series. Although this book reaches a satisfying conclusion, there is the underlying mystery of Maggie's missing sister that I'm sure will haunt her through future books as she searches for answers.
Jessica
May 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
*Yes, some parts were repetitive.
*Yes, this lacked the romance part (to me) of the romantic suspense genre but there was chemistry between Maggie and Jake.
*Yes, the suspense part was pretty good.
*Yes, there’s a freaking cliffhanger

Ugh I’m so pissed off because I just read the second book (much better than this one) and you know what?????? No conclusion to this books cliffhanger?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?
Carole Kuentz
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the 5 star

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. I'm a big fan of this type of story. The charters were strong and the romance adds just the right touch because it has a great deal to do with the story not just thrown in just for the sake of it. I like a book that makes you wonder. You know there is corruption in people with power .Even though this is a book of fiction it strikes on realidy.
Dick Ulmer
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a first novel (counting all three of the installments), I thought this book was very good. The character development was good. I liked the action and suspense. The plot was pretty original, I thought.

Of course there were a number of technical issues that the real FBI and military might complain about, but the hostage negotiator angle was great, and these problems didn't detract from the entertainment value of the story, in my opinion.
Rhea
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I'm a new fan of Tess Diamond and I love this FBI Thriller Series. I read this out of order so I already knew some of what happened from the next book in the series. Still, I loved this novel. I'm not sure why people gave it less stars than the next one because I thought this one was better. Great characters that I'm happy will continue in the series, gripping suspenseful storylines and smart writing. I'm also very appreciative of the good proofreading and almost no typos!!
Lynsay
Suspense aspect of the book was good. Timeline wise I don’t think there was enough for love to happen, lust, yes. So romance wise to me was a bit unbelievable. Some editing issues— a your instead of you, as well as an ex that was named Barbra then became Nancy back to Barbra then chapters later became Nancy again. Not fond of some things being unresolved. Overall it was a good read.
Darlene McMorris
May 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible!

This was probably the worst love story/ suspense novel U have ever read. I couldn't ever get through the book the heroine was so fake and guilt ridden, and needy of some guy it made me want to throw up. Just absolutely disgusting. Do not bother. I fast forwarded to end just to leave this review.
Belinda Burgess
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complicated but worth it.

Ms. Diamond seems like a good bet if you are looking for something along the lines of Kay Hooper or Elizabeth Llowel. This book is dark and gritty but has lighter moments and you really root for the good guys. I'll read her next book.
Kathy Elbinger
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent first book. The suspense just ramps and ramps, one impossible situation after another. The attraction between the protagonists is intense, and both have plenty of angst to keep the reader turning pages. I can't wait for her next book.
Amy McRae
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was really hopeful when I picked this up. I read the author is from Colorado Springs and I wanted it to be so good. But it read like it was copied from a few episodes of CSI and integrated with a bad romance novel.
Cathy
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the more interesting books I've read in a while. The characters are interesting and keep the story going at a decent pace. I can't wait to read the next book in this series! Will be watching this author for more excellent books and intriguing characters!
Tbabe001
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Very good on the suspense, the romance took a back seat to the action. Similar to the series faces of evil by Debra Webb
Linda
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good traveling book. No serious thinking needed. Not a book I would read again. I could put it down and not read for a week and pick it up and scan.
Traann
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic first book in a new series by Tess Diamond. I had a hard time putting this down and can not wait for the next book. Truly an enjoyable read.
Becky
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Good start lots of twists you will really get into this was going to go with 4 but not there yet. Starting the second one see where they go!

• In the Night (Darkness Falls Book 1)
  • Breaking Shadows (Darkness Falls #2)
  • What Are You Afraid Of? (The Agency #2)
  • Pretend You're Safe (The Agency, #1)
  • Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
  • Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)
  • The Storm (Berry Springs #3)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Texas Justice #1)
  • The Woods (Berry Springs #1)
  • The Shadow (Berry Springs #6)
  • The Fog (Berry Springs #4)
  • The Lake (Berry Springs #2)
  • Deadly Obsession (Steele Ops, #1)
  • Thread of Fear (The Glass Sisters, #1)
  • You Will Suffer (The Agency #3)
  • Don't Trust a Killer (Dark Sins, #1)
  • Good Little Girls (The Keepers, #2)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
Tess Diamond is a romantic suspense addict with a taste for danger - and chocolate cake. She lives in Colorado Springs with her law enforcement husband, two kids, and ferocious Jack Russell guard dog.She always dreamed of being an FBI agent, and now she almost is - if watching 24 reruns and plotting her next novel counts. ...more

FBI (3 books)
  • Such A Pretty Girl (FBI, #2)
  • Be A Good Girl (FBI, #3)