Start by marking “Bone White” as Want to Read:

(Mundy's Landing #3)

New York Times  Bestselling Author Wendy Corsi Staub revisits Mundy’s Landing—a small town with a blood-soaked past.

The town of Mundy’s Landing was founded on a horrifying secret, but stark white bones of the dead never lie…

“We shall never tell.” Spurred by the cryptic phrase in a centuries-old letter, Emerson Mundy travels to her ancestral hometown to trace her pas
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 28th 2017 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Bone White, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Bone White
Julie
Bone White by Wendy Corsi Staub is a 2017 William Morrow publication.

This is the third and final installment in the ‘Mundy’ series.

I’ve been following along with this series from the beginning and so far, it’s been a very interesting, albeit slightly quirky series, which is set in Mundy’s Landing.

Now that the “Sleeping Beauty’ murder case has been solved, and Sullivan Leary has decided to leave the big city and settle in Mundy’s Landing, things have been rather quiet. But, after Emerson Mundy
Laura Thomas
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It starts with a note, “We Shall Never Tell.” Emerson, a Mundy family descendant, travels to Mundy’s Landing to discover what terrible secret from the families past has come back to haunt her and her relatives.

It’s been a year since the Sleeping Beauty murders were solved and Sully has changed places, now working as a detective on Mundy’s Landing’s police force. She’s looking forward to quieter times, but it isn’t long before she’s smack dab in the middle of another murder investigation. Someone
Kathleen Kelly
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bone White
"In Mundy’s Landing, bygone bloodshed has become a big business. During the rigorous winter of 1666, all but five colonists in the small Hudson Valley settlement died of starvation. Accused of unimaginable crimes, James and Elizabeth Mundy and their three children survived, but the couple were later accused of murder and executed."

Bone White is the third book in the Mundy's Landing Series and features many of the same characters including NYPD Detective Sullivan Leary, who solved the
Susan Snodgrass
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a good mystery and thriller. Wendy Corsi Staub delivers on all counts. This is book three in the Mundy's Landing series. Emerson Mundy's father has died and she comes to Mundy's Landing, her ancestral hometown to trace her past. She connects with long lost relatives and a closet full of skeletons going back centuries.

Former NYPD detective Sullivan Leary has moved to Mundy's Landing and is now a detective with the local police force. Sully solved the historic Sleeping Beauty murders the p
Beth Lechman
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one was the best of the 3. Sullivan Leary leaves the NYPD and moves to Mundy's Landing. While living there a young woman comes to town to find her heritage. When Emerson's fiancé is found dead they fear for Emerson's life as well. Sully is working for the police dept. in Mundy's Landing and her old partner comes to town as well. He won't tell Sully why and she is torn between her job and him.
Nancy
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes, definitely going to have to read more by this author.
Iyanna
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the storyline. The book was interesting from the first intro,but as you continue to read the book got bland,boring and soo confusing that I have to read some of chapters twice.I understand the past and future in the story,but
Emerson Mundy decline is unanswered,there should have been more to her decline, then her father's death bed confession.
Joyce
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
Police detective Sullivan "Sully" Leary has left her job and partner (and sometime lover) Stockton Barnes in New York, and taken a job with the police department in small town Mundy's Landing. Mundy's Landing is infamous due to the harsh winter of 1666 when all but 5 colonists died of starvation. Sully is slowly adjusting to life in a small town when Emerson Mundy comes to town in search of her roots. A suspected homicide occurs and Emerso
Hazel Rainfall
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This novel was well written and quite creepy. The plot is not overly obvious, which is refreshing.

I do wish that the main characters were not so stereotyped within their roles/careers. I did start to get bored after the fist 100 pages or so.I did not enjoy how rapidly new characters were introduced in the novel. It seemed as though the reader was bombarded with 30 characters within the first 20 pages (yes I am averaging). It does not help that a major part of this plot involves a family genealog
Ashley
I picked this up accidently thinking it was a different book with the same title. I had no idea it was the third book in a series until I started reading it. I don't know if that was the reason I was so confused or if it was because of all of the POV changes. There was Emerson, Roy, Sully, Savannah, the hangman, I don't know, maybe even the kid next door. So many times I'd think, hey, I thought that happened to someone else. Who's point of view am I reading anyway?

This was billed as a murder mys
Rhea
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The entire Mundy's Landing series is engrossing and suspenseful. The first, Blood Red, was thrilling and a definite page-turner. The second, Blue Moon, was emotional and scary. The third (and I hope not last), Bone White, continues in that vein with gripping suspense and a full history of Mundy's Landing that is filled with tragedy. I almost shouldn't want a 4th book because the people of this fictional town have suffered so much but I must have more. More Mundy's Landing and more Sully and Barn ...more
Linda
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this finale of the Mundy's Landing trilogy! Ms. Staub never disappoints. She hooks you from the first paragraph and launches all kinds of twists and turns until the ending. The quote on her books is "if you like Mary Higgins Clark you'll love Wendy Corsi Staub." Well I think Ms. Staub is like Mary Higgins Clark on steroids! Just keep writing them and I'll truly enjoy reading them. Great job!
Margaret Behling
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
In the final book of the Mundy's Landing series, the lineage lines of the Mundy family plays a significant role, as well as a rare genetic trait called heterochromia, a centuries-old skull, and an unsolved "hangman" puzzle. While I appreciated the connections, history, and symbolism once again, the lineage lines and names were a bit confusing and hard to keep track of. Not quite as nail-biting as the other two books, but still worth reading to finish the series.
Shannon Lawrence
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid thriller with fascinating historical details woven in. Some character motivations and details needed more fleshing out (why did this person do this or act this way?), but I enjoyed it all the same. Mundy's Landing is an interesting place. I started out of order, so haven't read books 1 and 2 yet.
Shelly
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-fiction
It is always disappointing to me when an elderly character starts to suffer from memory loss or dementia, especially when that character has had a recurring role in a series. I read to escape from reality, and a character suffering through dementia always makes me recall the worst thing I have had to deal with in my life.
Karen
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is the third in a series. Entirely too much time is devoted to the mysteries, characters and events in the first two books. It ends with a teaser for the next book. The references to earlier family history are the best part of the book; the contemporary villain is not very believable.
Sheri Jesse
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Different..I found this book to be very strange and had to force myself to finish it. It jumped back and forth between centuries (via letters thrown in periodically) and I couldn't really figure out why. I was totally blown away by "who done it" though; I wouldn't have guessed in a million years.
James Cooper
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book Two was much better!
Terry
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story, though not my usual type. Obviously part of a series; I didn't realize that when I started. But it works as a stand-alone as well.
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
please see my review on MyShelf.com
The BEAR
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read it in 2 days! Couldn’t put it down! The ending so unexpected! I’ve already ordered the second one! Great read!
Kim
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
This was a good book.
Ellen Stenzler
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Staub’s books are always quick, enjoyable reads. While this book DID have a killer, there were several other little mysteries sprinkled throughout that made it even more compelling to read.
Gmaharriet
This was a very complicated mystery with a somewhat disappointing ending. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but as the third of three in the series, I expected something more.
Danielle
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, top-reads
Linda Kirk
Jan 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
could not get into this book. Stopped reading!
Ellen Listens 24/7
Here’s a book for anyone who has a skeleton in their closet!
Tal
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The book was not as slow as the other ones. It was actually good. Then, the ending of the book just derailed me!
Heidi
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book proves yet again that Wendy Corsi Staub is an amazing author. Her books never disappoint!
Jenny Wiley
good book hope the series continues

• The Third to Die
  • Hidden Truths (Cape Charade, #2.5)
  • Abandoned (Max Revere, #5)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • What Doesn't Kill Her (Cape Charade, #2)
  • Death Waits in the Dark (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #4)
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • Death with a Dark Red Rose (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery #5)
  • Courting Trouble (Rosato & Associates, #7)
  • The Vendetta Defense (Rosato & Associates, #6)
  • Have You Seen Me?
  • The Perfect Match (Deep Haven, #3)
  • So Pretty it Hurts (Bailey Weggins Mystery #6)
  • Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • Last Girl Standing
  • The Pocket Wife
  • Hook, Line and Sinker (Deep Haven, #4.5)
New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than ninety novels, best known for the single title psychological suspense novels she writes under her own name. Those books and the women's fiction she writes under the pseudonym Wendy Markham have also appeared on the USA Today, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Bookscan bestseller lists.

LITTLE GIRL LOST (July, William M

Mundy's Landing (3 books)
  • Blood Red (Mundy's Landing, #1)
  • Blue Moon (Mundy's Landing #2)