Start by marking “The Song of Glory and Ghost (Outlaws of Time #2)” as Want to Read:
The Song of Glory and Ghost (Outlaws of Time #2)

The Song of Glory and Ghost

(Outlaws of Time #2)

From the bestselling author of 100 Cupboards comes the second book in a one-of-a-kind middle grade time travel series that is perfect for fans of Soman Chainani's School for Good and Evil books.

Sam Miracle never thought that his future could lie in the past. But after leaping through centuries at the side of a mystical time walker, Sam and his best friend, Glory, know that
Published April 18th 2017 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published April 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Song of Glory and Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Song of Glory and Ghost

G.M. Burrow
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
One of the marks of a great writer is what Owen Barfield called “presence of mind,” which he used to describe his good friend C.S. Lewis, meaning this: “What he thought about everything was secretly present in what he said about anything.” Wherever Lewis went, there he was. The truths he believed resided so deep in his bones, they flowed inevitably into every story and sermon and poem he wrote.

By now, N.D. Wilson has produced enough for the same to be manifestly true of him. His most beloved th
Douglas Wilson
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Fantastic book. Not enough action though.
Valerie Kyriosity
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I was determined to finish this before the release date, and have made it by the skin of my teeth.

About three decades ago, I introduced a friend to the novels of Charles Williams. "I'm not entirely sure what he's saying," my friend told me after reading one, "but I agree." That's kind of how I'm feeling about this latest from N. D. Wilson. I know there is so much more here than my feeble mind was able to process on this first trip through, but what I could grasp I gobbled up, and it was feast en
Barnabas Piper
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wilson has done it again - a whirling racing tale of good vs. evil. It's imaginative to the extreme, a rare imagination. The characters are ones you can love or hate as needed. A tremendous feat but also one I've come to expect from one of my favorite story tellers.
Jake McAtee
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The Song of Glory and Ghost" (somehow) superseded my love for "The Legend of Sam Miracle." My favorite aspect of this book was the glorious and powerful pictures of femininity portrayed in both Glory and Millie. There's bearded villains, Leviathans, crossbows, Neverland, and even a new Sam. Like the rest of NDW's novels, I highly recommend getting alone and reading the last 120 pages all at once.
Rachael
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
At a glance, I see I am in the minority here with my rating, and I get it. I really, really wanted to like this book and so much of this book I absolutely loved, but the rest of the book was a mess of “whaaaa?” and “how is this happening?” .

The pacing is...not great, and goes from dead slow to jackrabbiting around in such a way that you can’t tell which way is forward....and not just because of the massive amount of mind-bending time travel in this book.

Which brings me to...time travel. I thi
Megan Lane
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guys.
Really.
Summing up is not my strong point. This was grand, really. The first of Nate's that could be said to have a relationship... But it's like, cool and chill and not weird. There's a tease of a love triangle that is literally a joke, and that's actually pretty hilarious.
But neither of those are the point, of course. The point is giving of your life and time for the lives and times of others. The point is being brave even when it's lonely and costly and boring. The point is that bravery d
Becky
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
some of it was really beautiful. much love.
I do find it hard to follow along with some of Wilson's action scenes. they're kinda hard for me to picture, but maybe I'm just reading too fast? how the sand and glass tunnels worked was a bit confusing.
it was interesting and odd how he mixed so many different mythologies?
but I did really like it - not as much as the first though. but I think my love for Glory and Sam has grown, and probably the others as well. guess that's what happens when you get to
Naomi
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This one was SO AWESOME!!! And mind bending. And after reading the sneak peek of the next book I had to sit a minute while my brain exploded.
Caleb Ripple
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The. best. Me and my boys (6,5,& 3) LOVED this second installment of the series. We cannot wait for the next one!
Brian K
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved Book 1 so much perhaps I shouldn't have dared to read the sequel (as perhaps sequels must always disappoint, if only by nature of being different). Fun fantasy / time travel stuff again, but I was most impressed by the way the ending tied everything together oh so perfectly.
Audrey
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Raced through this sequel, and enjoyed it even more than the first (rare!). I liked the closure of each answered question, and that the plot wasn't riddled with "easy-outs", the usual plague of time-travel books. The end was woven together beautifully, and now I'm just waiting for the next N.D. Wilson book to come out!
Suzannah
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
There was so much to love in this book. Probably the thing I enjoyed most is that Glory, our spunky girl sidekick from Book #1, is the heroine in this book, with Sam Miracle playing sidekick in his own story. And the truly refreshing thing? Both of them are operating at full 300% awesome levels, because for them, it's not a competition. They're there to help each other, not put each other down. It's a dynamic I wish I saw more of in fiction.

There was plenty of other good stuff too. This book is
John
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Glory Spalding takes the spotlight in this fast-paced myth of timekeepers and time breakers. The few breaks in the action help advance the storyline by filling in the background that helps the reader make sense of the whirlwind of action.

Perhaps it is my own lack, as a reader, but I find large sections of Wilson's books almost incomprehensible and there are parts of this one that were like that. As odd as it may sound, Wilson is a good enough writer that I usually don't really care, because the
D. Ryan
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Loved it. Had to deliberately slow myself down so I didn't whiz through it too fast. Loved the setting and how it ended.
Piper
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you cry at the end of a book, you know it's good.
Donald Owens II
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am the definition of a die hard fan of ND Wilson: it would be hard to make me not a fan. I love the characters, setting, feeling and voice of this book, blah, blah, blah.... I enjoyed reading it. Outside of Idaho, he could hardly find a more sympathetic reader.

But to be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure what just happened. Don't ask me for a summary of the book. This may partly result from the fading memory of the first book, and I will grant that time travel is inherently confusing. But I
Nataliedoane
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm eleven years old and this book is even better than the first one, and I'm probably going to read it again!!!:)
Courtney Carlson
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
He's a great writer, I just wish his plots made more sense.
Jessica Evans
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Glory got her wish. She didn't want a life that was safe, but one worth writing a book about. And it was!
Seth Nelson
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! kept me wide awake during the long afternoons of harvest, while I was operating a combine.
Scott Guillory
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lot of fun. This will put your imagination into overdrive.
Valerie Kyriosity
June 2019: I started this on vacation. I've been home for nearly a week, and just remembered today that I'd left it unfinished. What is it about travel that makes me as forgetful as Sam in the first book after one of his episodes? I'd also completely forgotten most of the plot. But now I'm ready to finally read the third book.

I again very much liked this narrator, which makes me all the more bummed that an audio version of book three does not appear to be forthcoming.
Olivia
Okay so, if I had known beforehand that this was the last book (or so it seems??), that would have made this maybe less confusing XD

I really enjoyed reading this. :3 The characters are lovely and funny, and the action was great (though at times confusing. I've never understood time travel well and with all of their time hopping I was running to keep up XD). At first the main plot line seemed too stretched out. I wasn't seeing much of what I read on the jacket summary. It came into focus more at
James Aaron Kirkpatrick
When this book arrived in the mail, I reminded my chiddlers about Sam Miracle and his snake arms. My 6-year-old giggled her head off at the thought, then promptly started reading The Legend of Sam Miracle so she could get to this one. My 5-year-old immediately declared himself to be Sam Miracle and began stalking around the house looking for bad guys to fight. My 3-year-old announced that he was a hero just like Sam, only he had snakes for arms AND legs. And worms for fingers.

It's hard to talk a
Jon Anderson
Second in the series, this is another good yarn from N.D. Wilson. Evocative language and wonderful characters, the story works as a simple good vs evil tale but also raises bigger questions regarding how we will live the life we've been given.
LadySnowAngel
The Song of Glory and Ghost, the latest by N.D. Wilson, is as wild and imaginative as one would expect it to be. Full of unexpected plots twists and the battle of good vs evil, The Song of Glory and Ghost is a thrilling read.

I do think that this one was a little more violent than previous books. I recommend it for teens and up.
Amy
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
Olivia and I agree this is our favorite by ND Wilson. It's the least confusing, which Is surprising considering the time travel. Glory is just a fabulous character. Chapter 15 made me cry and cry.
Daniel
Overall, I enjoyed this book. However, the middle of the book where we read Glory's back story is unfulfilling and confusing from a storytelling perspective (with the exception of the bus station scene). The time travelling continuum is always tricky and rarely makes complete sense. Also, the constant glass tunnel descriptions just weren't written in a way that is easily seen with the mind's eye. I could rarely understand what was going on until after it happened.

The beginning of the book is gr
JebDButler
Yay!! I liked the first Outlaws and this one is even better. Why is it that Wilson's characters are more fantastic and simultaneously far more real than is usual in stories? How can time traveling kids with snakes for arms be so relate-able, and the story telling so engaging, that the fantasy ceases to draw attention to itself? Don't know, but I love it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Assassin's Daughter (The Inheritance Proclamation, #1)
  • Evangellyfish
  • The Gift (Chiveis Trilogy, #2)
  • Wise Words
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • The Charlatan's Boy
  • C. H. Spurgeon Autobiography: The Early Years, 1834-1859
  • Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4)
  • Looking for the King (Inklings, #1)
  • Bilbo's Journey: Discovering the Hidden Meaning in The Hobbit
  • Many Dimensions
  • Classical Me, Classical Thee: Squander Not Thine Education
  • The Adventurer's Guide to Dragons (and Why They Keep Biting Me) (The Adventurer's Guide Series #2)
  • Warrior (Dragons of Starlight, #2)
  • The Betrayal: A Novel on John Calvin

Outlaws of Time (3 books)
  • The Legend of Sam Miracle (Outlaws of Time #1)
  • The Last of the Lost Boys (Outlaws of Time #3)