Start by marking “The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)” as Want to Read:
The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)

The End of Oz

(Dorothy Must Die #4)

At the end of Yellow Brick War, Amy had finally defeated Dorothy. Just when she and the rest of the surviving members of the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked thought it was safe to start rebuilding the damaged land of Oz, they realized they’ve been betrayed—by one of their own. And Dorothy might not have been so easily defeated after all.

In the fourth installment of the N
Published March 14th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The End of Oz, please sign up.
Jaydin The third book ended in a cliff hanger, what with Glamora and The Nome King and everything, and honestly, I never want this series to end, for it is…moreThe third book ended in a cliff hanger, what with Glamora and The Nome King and everything, and honestly, I never want this series to end, for it is so good!!!!! (less)
mith Honestly, there are WAY too many novellas, so I get the confusion. The best way to read this series (if you're dead on on it) would be to follow how…moreHonestly, there are WAY too many novellas, so I get the confusion. The best way to read this series (if you're dead on on it) would be to follow how the series is set up on GR (like, when you click on the series name beside the title). https://www.goodreads.com/series/1118...
So it's Dorothy Must Die: Stories (Vol. 1) (consisting of No Place Like Oz (#0.1), The Witch Must Burn (#0.2), and The Wizard Returns (#0.3)). Then DMD: Stories (Vol. 2) (consisting of Heart of Tin (#0.4), The Straw King (#0.5), and Ruler of Beasts (#0.6)). Then the novellas Order of the Wicked (#0.7) and untitled #0.8.
Full-length novel wise, it's Dorothy Must Die, The Wicked Will Rise, Yellow Brick War, and untitled book 4.
The novellas are all a prequel arc so they're not necessary to read, only if you want to be fully immersed into the world.
Also, yes, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 consist of the prequels you mentioned, just bound up in a physical copy!(less)

hayden
Jun 08, 2016 marked it as maybe-reads  ·  review of another edition
i guess trilogies just don't exist anymore.

Candace Robinson
This was an excellent conclusion to this fun series!! This time we also get a point of view from Dorothy, and she's something else! Loved the relationship between Knox and Amy in this one! The author has excellent world building skills, and that part was well done! This whole series was the perfect blend of light and dark! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
3.5 Stars

I had been awaiting this final book in the Dorothy Must Die series for such a long time, but this book ended up being a bit disappointing. It keeps the same action as always, but it seemed unnecessary. I enjoyed seeing some old characters redeem themselves, but the new setting isn’t as impressive as the other books. I found myself unsatisfied with the ending, and would have liked one more magical journey to Oz.

This book is so action-packed! This final instalment of the Dorothy Must Die
Gaby (lookingatbooks)

Eh. I expected more. The first two books in this series are terrific. They're true gems. The third book fell a little flat but it still kept up the pace and it had a decent plot. But The End Of Oz was drawn out and unnecessary. Because this series was destined to be a trilogy. When I read Yellow Brick War, I think everybody was under the impression, that would be the final book. And when it ended, it could have been. All Danielle Paige would have needed was to write whether Amy stayed
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
I loved all 4 books in this series and right now I am bursting with joy because of the ending of this one. The Dorothy Must Die series is definitely one of the most entertaining series I’ve read. This is one of those series where the story and plotline take precedence over the emotional aspect of the books.
All 4 books followed the original storyline very well and didn’t break off which I really liked. The world building was absolutely fascinating, I loved seeing how Danielle Paige twisted the o
Annika Möller
Are you kidding me?? First I thought this was going to be a duology, then I got my hands on the third book and was super excited to finally get to the end of the series, and now there's a fourth book? This just feels like it's dragging on far too much. Danielle Paige is really milking it with this one.
Hayley
May 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed is an understatement to what I feel right now.

I guess I was feeling optimistic when reading this book, desperately trying to scrounge for something I enjoyed.

Having the finale of a series being the shortest book (it’s 270 pages, what?) in the series automatically had red flags swishing in front of my face and although I kept those alerts in mind, I wanted to see how it all ends, closure is the only thing I wanted from this series at this point.

And how convenient that everything wrap
Chelsea
May 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star
Mini Review: Jeez. What happened to this series?

Is it just me? My reading tastes definitely shift over the course of a year, but I thought this was utterly awful.

This book felt ludicrous in plot, and it was a predictable mess of a finale. We get a Dorothy perspective, which was laughably bad. It feels overwritten and like it's trying too hard.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but I think this series really fell apart, which sucks because it had one of the most promising first books that I've read.
Ricky
I can't believe this is it...the final book in Danielle Paige's dark, deadly, delectable, and diabolically amazing Dorothy Must Die series!

Now that we know who the real Big Bad is, the Nome King, it's up to Amy, Nox, and Madison to travel to the land of Ev and figure out a way to defeat him before he manages to subjugate the land of Oz as well. Of course, he's got a secret ally on his side, one who may not be such a good ally after all...but to reveal who that ally is would be a spoiler. (Let's
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

Let me first start with saying that the series is a roller coaster of emotions perfectly twisted together to form a lovely book series! The End of Oz was a beautiful end to this series! This time we also get a point of view from Dorothy, and she’s something else!

I loved the dual perspectives in this book, showing us a whole new side to Dorothy. I especially appreciated the way we saw events from both Amy and Dorothy’s point of view, and seeing them both figure things out a
rachel ☾
Aug 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
This series just crashed and burned with these last two books.
Sarah AlTheyab
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UGHH I I JUST WANT IT TO COME OUT
Alec
Jun 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Before Reading:

I still can't get over the fact that there is going to be a fourth book. Yellow Brick War was atrocious and should have concluded the series, but looks like Ms. Paige will get more of my money. I hope it returns to the innocent fun that was Dorothy Must Die, but that looks doubtful.

After Reading:

"'Three worlds, two pairs of shoes, sixteen villains ... It's too much....'"

Who knew that the book would be so self-aware? The direction in which Paige took the series saw a massive down
Chelsea
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went out and bought this as soon as it hit the stores and I read it in one day. I can barely describe how happy I felt afterwards. The book ended exactly as I had hoped. No I'm not a bleeding heart who expects all books to have a sappy traditional happily-ever-after ending, but I really wanted it for this one. I haven't loved a book couple as much as Nox and Amy (well, and Eleanor and Park too), (view spoiler) ...more
Bookishrealm
Update! Here's my full review: http://www.bookishrealmreviews.com/20...

3.5 Stars. Okay this was a hell of a lot better than the third book. Yes I still had my issues with it as in the fact that I still think the story could have done without the Nome King and Ev. While they are interesting aspects, they weren't developed enough to fit in with the story and kind of just felt like filler moments. I work think that the story could have been contained into three books but that's just my personal opi
Aimee
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of The End of Oz from HarperCollins New Zealand to review. This is the last book in the Dorothy Must Die series. I think.

This series has been predictable and really cheesy at times but I still found myself enjoying it. I haven’t read the novellas yet but I’m hoping to get to them soon.

I liked that Madison was in this book. I actually started to like her in Yellow Brick War. I liked that Amy and Madison’s friendship didn’t happen overnight and they still had their problems with
Matthew

When it comes to the magical world of Oz, I do not know what it is exactly that draws me every time nonetheless I will forever be grateful that L. Frank Baum created this beautiful fantasy land and Danielle Paige for temporary borrowing it and creating something fresh when it comes to Oz and Dorothy Gale. I grew up watching The Wizard of Oz and I believe it is one of the few films that blows me away every time. For this Dorothy Must Die series, without any
Alex Barndollar
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know that her original plan was to have a trilogy, and Goodreads had a lengthy page count for the third book. I'm wondering if Paige decided to split the book in half to space it out. That being said, I'm still hoping the final book is lengthy like the first one was. And the Wicked Witch of the West please!
BAM The Bibliomaniac
2.5 perhaps
This series really went downhill for me. It started strong, then just degenerated. Teens have brains, and I think that was forgotten.
Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, Dune, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe were all ripped off so originality was lacking.
Dorothy is really the only character I enjoy. I think I may be her.
Stacy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Warning- Spoilers Ahead

I gotta say, I really was disappointed in the way that it ended. I also was very unhappy with this story.

For one thing, the inconsistencies I kept finding while I was reading was awful. You can see in my progress at one point our author had no idea where our character was! I found a lot of things misspelled, wrong punctuation, and even missing words. The proofreader was falling down on their job.

I also found the story itself to just be...boring. This is supposed to be the
Beatrice Adams
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was counting the hours for this book to come out and it did not disappoint. In the book Dorothy has her own POV which I really loved. I got to know Dorothy more then I did in the previous books and by the end I could understand her a lot better and really liked her. Amy and Nox have always been one of my favourite book characters and in the book they made me so happy. I'm not going to spoil anything but the ending was perfect for them. Madison also became one of my favourite characters of the ...more
Nissandra Leigh
Hope this book is going to be better than the previous one
Catherine ♡
I don't know...this book just felt completely underwhelming. I actually loved the first three books in the series, and I agree with anyone saying that the series could've ended there.

I thought The End of Oz was unnecessary. It seemed to swerve away from the main story, and although I'm all for the introduction of a new villain, in this book it wasn't incorporated very well. The plot for this book seemed very drawn out, and it wasn't until the end did the story actually move forwards.

I actually d
Rissa
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here comes the bride... so we can kill her. Dorothys getting married, who says she not lovable?!

The end of Oz was a fast, humorous, predictable read with a semi happy happily ever after.

With the scarecrow, tin man, and lion all gone Dorothy is the only one left for Amy to find. But when she finds Dorothy, Dorothy has a plan of her own.
Alexander
Update 2

This book was exactly how I wanted this series to end!

Update 1
Yellow Brick War was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo good. I really can't wait for this book to come out. This is my favorite book series IN THE WORLD! The writing style is amazing and really grabs your attention. I can't wait to see how this turned out.
Gillian
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Yellow Brick War and it's so amazing! I was scared that it would end like that so I'm super excited for a 4th book! I can't wait!
Maya White
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: may-2017
Alright y'all listen up. I absolutely positutely LOVED Dorothy Must Die. The Wicked Will Rise was okay. Yellow Brick War was better... Then The End of Oz happened and it was like what?! How could it go from Dorothy Must Die which was amazing, to The End of OZ which was just eh. In my opinion this book was just completely pointless. It was 217 pages of pointless cutesy Amy and Nox moments (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed those) and 60 pages that could have been tacked onto the end of Yellow Brick W ...more
Stephanie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good! It was a great conclusion. I'm glad I finished this series but I'm also sad that it's over, I need more. I haven't read the novellas but I'll get to them some day :)
Read my full review here http://booknerd777.blogspot.com/2017/...
Jill
Jul 08, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
THERE'S ANOTHER ONE?!?!?!
Notlianantoy
WHYY!!???? WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-T

Edit: What. I am so done. I hate the ending, it’s not enough 😭 i need moreee
ALL Dorothy Must ...: The End of Oz General Discussion 1 3 Jul 17, 2018 06:48PM
Goodreads Librari...: Page count correction for The End of Oz 4 15 Feb 21, 2018 10:38PM

• Tinker Bell and the Pirate (Once Upon a Spell, #4)
  • Queen Alice (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #2)
  • Beauty & the Beast
  • Rose of the Oath: A Beauty and the Beast Novella (Legends of Light # 1)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • Roses in Amber: A Beauty and the Beast story
  • The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)
  • Prince of Love (The Royal Chronicles, #3)
  • Beauty and the Beast and Other Classic Fairy Tales
  • Inuyasha, Volume 04 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Faerie After (Bones of Faerie, #3)
  • Heart of Stone (Gods & Monsters, #4)
  • Banished (The Storymakers, #3)
  • The Morrigan's Curse (Eighth Day, #3)
  • After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)
Danielle lives in NY. Before turning to YA, she worked in television & was nominated for several Daytime Emmy's. Dorothy Must Die is her first novel.

Dorothy Must Die (4 books)
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
  • The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)
  • Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3)
“None of us are entirely Wicked or entirely Good. Or entirely evil, for that matter. We are made of what shapes us" -Lurline” 11 likes
“We must come to terms with the wounds of our past if we are to survive the future" -Lurline” 3 likes