Start by marking “Lumbersexual” as Want to Read:
Lumbersexual

Lumbersexual

If you had the choice, would you say yes to the bearded manwhore? Would you let him take you skinny-dipping? Would you let him kiss you by a waterfall? With that reputation?

Of course not. You have too much self respect for that, let alone all your trust issues.

But would it change your mind if you were sick of being in the friend zone? If you had the chance for a simple s
Published June 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Lumbersexual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lumbersexual

Start your review of Lumbersexual
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
What’s summer without a sexy, outdoorsy story. Lumbersexual is a fun read that will steam up your sunglasses and warm up your heart. You may want to plan your snacks accordingly while reading this short story. I was left craving s’mores, Cheez-Its and a backwoods romp.

Maggie Washington has graduated Cal Poly with a degree in Botany. She is spending her summer working at Yosemite National park putting her degree to work and doing some soul searching. She didn’t expect to find a sexy, bearded Lum
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I've become addicted to the Giving You series by Leslie McAdam from the moment that sun kissed, surfer Ryan broke Amelia's first rule in "The Sun and The Moon". Following "The Stars in the Sky" and "All the Waters of the Earth", I was excitedly waiting for the chance to be introduced to a sexy lumberjack and a bewitching botanist and their beautiful landscape in "Lumbersexual". In this novel we are taken away on a summer adventure with Maggie an
Samantha Ortegon
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Goddammit, he was another one of those guys who made me stupid.

He lit a brushfire in my body, blazing across my skin, through my very blood, warming me up in a way I'd never felt before.

My Review:

Lumbersexual had me from the prologue of the story, it is one that I did not want to put down once I started reading it. Leslie McAdam describes the beauty of Yosemite National Park and all the little things nature has gifted with her wonderful writing. I found Lumbersexual to be a great summer read.

Christine
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
Lumbersexual is a sweet and spicy romance set in picturesque Yosemite National Park that will grab ahold of you from the 1st page and not let go till "The End". Maggie Washington, recent college graduate, is packing up and spending a summer working in Yosemite National Park. Not sure what she wants to do with her degree this summer Maggie goal is to find herself what better place is there than Yosemite. Maggie hasn't had luck with men, always being friend-zoned or a fling but when tattooed, bear ...more
Leslie
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My college degree is in Forestry (lots of cute guys who wore flannel and hiking). When I was nineteen, I had an internship in Yosemite National Park as a wilderness ranger. I lived with eight roommates in a cabin in the community of Wawona (in the south part of the park). My job was to check wilderness permits, work in the ranger station, give walks in the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, and campfire talks about ethnobotany of Central California Miwok. We had free roam of the park for an entir ...more
Jayme
This isn't a standard novella to which I am accustomed, it isn't ekhm ekhm smut, it's more about finding yourself combined with finding love while surrounded by beautiful landscapes.

This is a book for those who love nature, backpacking and things like that. There are a lot descriptions of nature in the Yosemite National Park and I have to admit that it's strongly sells trip to the place. If I'd lived closer, I would gladly visited this place after reading the story. It paints a beautiful picture
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na-romance
Lumbersexual is a quick fun read that has me itching to go hiking and explore nature. I loved that it's set in Yosemite, a place this east cost girl has always wanted to visit. Court and Maggie were such fun to get to know. Court is a good-hearted, nature loving, mountain man with sexy tattoos and a beard. Leslie McAdam's magical talent with words brought these characters and Yosemite to life in a way that left me in awe and kept me up until I read the last words of this story at 4 am.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I mean… that cover, though. Holy. Shit.

And the title? Yep, that’s working for me, too.

Let’s not forget THIS description of Court, the forest ranger who doubles as a goddamn panty-melter:

Spiffed up in his uniform, but with an edge from his hair being shaved on the sides, he looked like the forest ranger equivalent of a hot cop who was allowed to have tattoos and a creative haircut. Kind of a punk rock ranger.”

Hot cop, forest ranging, punk rocker? Um, I’ll take two, thanks.

Basically, it all c
Lex Martin
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, poignant, and so sexy! LOVED this novella!
Michelle
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I stumbled across this book after seeing a very unique teaser and I instantly knew I had to read it. Plus... Lumbersexual – nuff said.

Maggie is off to Yosemite for a summer job, stuck between youth and adulthood – While Courtney “Court” Thompson is settled into his life – knows what he wants, or at least he thought he did – before Maggie.

Court is the park ranger who spends his summers wooing the temporary help, or at least he did before he saw her. Unsure if she can trust him, Maggie gives in an
Jules
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you find an author that sticks with you. Sometimes you find stories that stick with you. Sometimes you find characters that stick with you. Sometimes you find all three and you count yourself to be very lucky indeed.
And then there is Leslie McAdam. This book, I have no words. In such a short story she has created a world of flawed, imperfect, prone to mistakes characters who are endearing and will stick with you for a long time to come. A female character so strong, even if she doesn'
Book-Bosomed  blog
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/4 Stars

Maggie Washington just graduated college with a degree in botany and is spending her summer with a job in Yosemite National Park while she “finds herself” and figures out what she really wants to do with her career.

Court Thompson is a park ranger, outdoorsman, and known ladies man when it comes to the summer help. Is he only using Maggie for his usual summer fling or does he see her as something more?

I’ll admit I had my reservations about Court just as much as Maggie, probably even mo
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-author, novella
This book was a fun, sexy, hilarious read that was perfect for summer. Novellas usually annoy me because even regular-length novels leave me wanting more, but this was just perfect. It was a blast being able to experience a summer inside of the author's sarcastic, honest, sweet, and dirty mind. Four fun summer reading stars.
Mark
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: buddy-reads, romance
How did this happen? Long story, but it happened. BR with alicat ♡➹♡ and Margaux over at Maraya’s Cave Of Freaking Wonders

Anyways, romance is not my typical genre (this is only the second romance book I’ve ever read), so perhaps I’m not the best judge. Overall, I thought it was only OK….entertaining for a couple hours but nothing that really captivated me. I think I would have preferred if the romance itself was a bit more slow-burn, but of course this is a really short book so that wasn’t exac
Deb Markanton
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I simply cannot get enough of Leslie McAdam’s books! And this new one! Lumbersexual will climb into your heart, pitch a tent, and make camp. It’s a beautifully written, loads of fun, sexy as hell, page-turner! Her incredible talent for writing scenes in vivid detail brought summer in Yosemite to life and then some! As a matter of fact, I considered Yosemite National Park one of the main characters. I was right there with this eclectic group of forestry interns; sharing a house, talking roadkill ...more
Heather Blair
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous little novella

Fun & sweet, an unexpected N/A gem. Loved Court & Maggie. Definitely will be checking out more by this author.
Melissa Mendoza
Page Count: 125
Heat Level: 3.5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

How do you know whether you can trust someone?

Maggie Washington is used to relying on herself. Growing up in Iowa, her wild curls and parents who dumped her on her grandmother made it so she's never fit in. Skeptical of other people's motives, she's always been the fling or the friend. Looking to define her life after colle
Tales Of A Bookbug
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, novella
Review: Another wonderful,sexy read from Leslie McAdam!This was a perfect,short and cute summer read.
In this novella, we have Maggie, who has just graduated from college with a degree in Botany and is set to work at the Yosemite national Park for the summer.She hasn't decided what to do for the future and is quite anxious about it.But at the same time she's determined to enjoy her summer too.After meeting her housemates and going for a party, she meets Court.

According to everyone, Court has quit
Hanne
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
4.5 -- Botanic Nerd -- stars

After listening to and loving The Ground Beneath Our Feet by Leslie McAdam, I wanted to read a book by her. This book is well-paced, funny, hot and short. It put a big smile on my face.

Maggie just graduated college and she starts a summer job at a national park before she decides what she wants to do with her life. Maggie’s first party at her work was weird and memorable, just like Maggie’s roommates. At that party, she meets Court. Court lives and works at the park.
Pam Nelson
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: _finished-2016
5 Lumbersexual Stars

This book took me longer to read then it should have, but you know those authors you just have to have your favorite spot with no interruptions. Well Leslie is that author for me. So finally the star’s aligned or I should say everyone left me alone (haha) and I got to finish Lumbersexual with no interruptions in my favorite spot.

And wow I knew it was going to be good because I was at 31% for a while…. and the book was in my head, parts of it would pop in ever so often. But i
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
5 I WANT S’MORE STARS!!!

She had me at Lumbersexual. I knew I was going to love this book before I even started, just from the teasers! This is the first story I have read from Leslie McAdam and it certainly will not be the last. I am completely and irrevocably addicted!

This author’s eloquent writing made the story feel so real, I had to look around to make sure I wasn’t in the woods with Court and Maggie! I loved the interactions between the characters, especially the steamy times! Oh-god-yes.
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never wanted to rough it, until I read this story!

There is absolutely NOTHING that sounds romantic or fun about the outdoors to me. I mean nothing. I don't even like roasting marshmallows for s'mores because I might get bug bites. This story SOMEHOW made the outdoors and bug bites sound appealing. If it comes with a hunky, romantic, Lumbersexual, outdoorsmen... Then I'm in.

This story had instant attraction and heat between the mains, but beneath all of that this story was about Maggie finding he
Melyssa Winchester
This was a pretty unique read for me.
Short, sweet, and to the point, with minimal drama, featuring a hero that I have to say in my reading travels thus far, I don't recall ever experiencing before. Can't go wrong with a mountain man...or the beard ;)
Steamy short read with some pretty awesome visuals of a place I've never been, along with a little insight into them. Featuring a heroine itching to find herself after graduating college, who ends up being gobsmacked by a man well versed in nature a
Stacey
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great, quick and easy read. Lumber Sexual is a sweet and sexy novella, about finding love in the most unexpected places.

Maggie is off to her summer job, after graduating from college. She is hoping to find her path in life over the summer. What she does find in the meantime is Court. She has convinced herself that it's perfectly okay to let loose and have a fling over the summer, but quickly realizes that it has become more than just a fling. Is it possible that she's found her path
Kimberly
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maggie goes to Yosemite to put her new Botony degree to good use and hopefully find herself along the way. She does that and more, she learns to trust not only herself but others. She also finds love in the shape of a beautiful bear of a man named Court, who is a ranger at Yosemite.

This is a cute, sexy and sweet read and I really enjoyed it. I loved the illustrations throughout, they added something special to this endearing story. This is a short but satisfying read and I hope there will be mo
Kim Karr
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leslie brings summer to life in Lumbersexual. Yosemite National Park might lie in the heart of California, but I swear it's Court that makes it beat! I dare this gorgeous, flannel wearing, bearded forest ranger not to set your pulse racing with every page. Full of s'mores, sex, and sizzle, this novella is an real treat!!
Thia Finn
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wood and Lumber

Highly recommend this novella. The story is well written, fun, sexy, and fast. Ms. McAdam's writing is the best. Her wording is precise and spot on for focusing on a wonderful story between to hot for each other characters. If you're looking for a good sexy read, here's one for you!!
nicandbooks
Point me in the direction of a flannel-wearing, bearded hottie please!!

Holy moly!! This book right here is one big slap in the face of why I needed to jump on the Leslie McAdam romance train way earlier than I have. I already love the first two books in her Love in Translation series (Sol & Sombra) and I was kicking myself that I hadn’t read her previous novels - and I’m so glad I made it a priority because boy, oh boy, she is one talented lady and I am hooked!!!

Lumbersexual has one interesting
Escape into a Booksite
*4 Stars*

This was my first Leslie McAdam book, even though she's been on my list for ages. What a book to start with. This was fun and fast and easy to read.

I liked the main characters and I loved the fact that the book takes place in Yosemite National Park. I love the outdoors, so it was really easy to connect with that side of things for me.

Because this is a novella, there is no drawn out angst, no crazy over the top sexy time scenes (but yes we do get some!), and everything flows really nic
Tre Talbot
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Looking for a man that’s outdoorsy and oh so delicious? You need to be introduced to Court, this is a great novella that is filled with a great story line that will keep you entertained from the beginning through the very end. Maggie’s entire view on the things change dramatically once she crosses paths with Court. The chemistry is on all non stop and you can’t help but be pulled into their story. Great read that I highly recommend. This is my unbiased and voluntary review.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Surprise, Baby!
  • All About the D
  • The Lineup
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Spring Strings
  • Private Investigations (Young Lesbians, Book 3)
  • The Science of Sci-Fi: From Warp Speed to Interstellar Travel
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)
  • Next In Line (Wait with Me, #2)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #2.5)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Payback (Harris Brothers #6)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • The Return
Leslie McAdam is a California girl who loves romance and well-defined abs. She lives in a drafty old farmhouse on a small orange tree farm in Southern California with her husband and two small children. Leslie's first published book, The Sun and the Moon, won a 2015 Watty, which is the world's largest online writing competition. She's gone on to receive additional literary awards and has been feat ...more