Start by marking “Biblical Church Revitalization” as Want to Read:
Biblical Church Revitalization

Biblical Church Revitalization

There is a unique and special power and testimony in not just a vibrant local church full of life, but an old historic one that had lost its way, was on life support, and into which God saw fit to breathe life once again. Biblical Church Revitalization calls us to an intentional commitment to church revitalization in the face of dying and divided churches.
Published June 20th 2016 by Christian Focus Publications

To ask other readers questions about Biblical Church Revitalization, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biblical Church Revitalization

Start your review of Biblical Church Revitalization
Mike Crews
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very helpful

I found this book both theologically grounded and practically inspiring. It ha stirred my mind as well as my heart and soul.
Daniel Henderson
Excellent. Biblical. Necessary.
Connor Anderson
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A timely book.
Megan Triplett
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While this book is specifically written for Pastors, it was particularly helpful for me to read as a pastor's wife. Gaining insight into my husband's ministry and seeing ways that I can practically encourage him, is a sweet gift. I am thankful for this quick read which has given me needed perspective and increased my love for the local church.
Matt Kottman
This book was super-encouraging. I actually didn't learn much from this book, not because it doesn't have a lot of good things to say, rather I have given a lot of thought to the theme of church revitalization. It confirmed for me several things that I am focusing on. It is easy to approach church revitalization from a pragmatic approach. Make things more likeable for people and everything turns around. But this book focuses on loving well, shepherding well, praying well and of course preaching ...more
Justin Likens
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great book with practical helps on revitalizing an established church. There were only two reasons I rated it as four stars instead of five. First, there wasn't a tremendous emphasis on prayer. While there was a lot of mentions of depending on the Holy Spirit, it didn't truly talk about how we do that. Second, I wish I would have had this book during the first two years of my current pastorate. I could have avoided a lot of mistakes that I made. But that isn't the author's fault. ...more
Billy Bennett
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Biblical Approach

I'm a pastor coming up on my eighth year at the church where the Lord had placed me. I wish I had read this book when I started. We've come a long way but still have a long way to go. This book was a great encouragement for me to stay the course-- to preach the word, to pray, to love the flock, and to not give up.
Peter LeDuc
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pastor Brian Croft gives a raw, vulnerable, and personal testimony of the difficulties and joys of church revitalization. He calls for courageous pastors to step up—men who are secure in their identity in Christ and able to embrace their own weaknesses, men who will do the hard work of loving and leading despite hostility and hardship. Biblical. Practical. Encouraging.
Mark A Powell
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Transparent look at the transforming power of Christ to revive churches in decline, from the experience and heart of a man who has lived it out. Well done.
Jonathan
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Croft has given us a solid little book on church revitalization that may scare off those that are overly confident or don't have much need for Jesus, but it will greatly encourage those in the trenches, relying on Christ and his gospel. Being people of the Word, preaching the Word and worshiping with the Word are keys to revitalization. But what was striking to me as a replanter was Crofts wise calls for patience and steady, humble plodding in ministry.

In our weakness, love the church and
Matthew
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm thankful for the books on revitalization coming out now. So many churches are in desperate need, and God is filling the void with resource after resource. The difference is, Croft has been through the challenges that come, and the lessons gleaned will benefit all who read. Be challenged. Be encouraged!
Matt Skiles
Jan 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Revitalize: Biblical Keys to Helping Your Church Come Alive Again
  • Reclaiming Glory: Creating a Gospel Legacy throughout North America
  • The Gospel-Driven Church: Uniting Church Growth Dreams with the Metrics of Grace
  • Reformed Preaching: Proclaiming God's Word from the Heart of the Preacher to the Heart of His People
  • Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It's Impossible to Be Spiritually Mature, While Remaining Emotionally Immature
  • Holy Sexuality and the Gospel: Sex, Desire, and Relationships Shaped by God's Grand Story
  • The Prodigal Prophet: Jonah and the Mystery of God's Mercy
  • The Truth Behind Ghosts, Mediums, & Psychic Phenomena
  • The Gospel According to Satan: Eight Lies about God that Sound Like the Truth
  • A Guide to Church Revitalization
  • The Holy Bible: English Standard Version
  • Fifteen Dogs
  • Budgeting for a Healthy Church: Aligning Finances with Biblical Priorities for Ministry
  • Church Planting Is for Wimps: How God Uses Messed-Up People to Plant Ordinary Churches That Do Extraordinary Things
  • Romans: Exposition of Chapter 1 - The Gospel of God (Romans #1)
  • Simple Church: Returning to God's Process for Making Disciples
  • Starry Night
  • Discipling: How to Help Others Follow Jesus
Brian Croft is Senior Pastor of Auburndale Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky. Brian is the founder of Practical Shepherding, a non-profit organization committed to equipping pastors all over the world in the practical matters of pastoral ministry.