Start by marking “Blended” as Want to Read:
Blended

Blended

(Redemption #1)

Clichéd sentiments of love are not my thing. Instead, I give into raw temptation and thrive on the physical aspects of what men have to offer. Unemotional, carnal connections are what I live for, and they seem to keep me in a blissfully naïve state.

I’ve gone years with a different man in a different bed each night, but one glance from a ruminating stranger as he lifts my p
406 pages
Published September 19th 2016 by Sasha-Lee Brümmer (first published August 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Blended, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blended

Start your review of Blended
Sophie
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 soul searing, whiskey kisses!

Blended, is a beautiful, heart breaking, soul searing novel from Sasha Brümmer.
Blended bleeds angst, it surged every emotion within me, pushing them to my limit and well past it at times. The feels are seriously off the chain!! My heart broke so many times. My stomach dropped. I got angry, I got crazy. I cried, I laughed, I swooned. I just about experienced EVERYTHING! And it was breathtaking!

Blended, is a story of love, healing and slow burning passion. Hadley
Olga therebelreader
"I do not understand what brought me to her, or how life has handed me this deck of cards, but I refuse to argue with the queen of hearts. Apparently, my love is enough, and I’ll settle for that. For my cup of whiskey."

Hadley is young, sexy and beautiful. Emotional and sexual childhood traumas have turned her into a sex addict. She has a high sex drive, she’s emotionally vulnerable, she uses sex to medicate her emotional pain and feels the need for more sex in order to feel “normal”.

Wade is
Audrey Carlan
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the things I love about what I do is reading great new indie authors. Sasha Brummer is a definite up and comer in the romance world. I had the pleasure of reading an advanced copy of Blended her debut standalone novel. I will say it loud and proud, this was one angsty novel. If angst and heavy pasts are your gig, this is right up your alley.

For me, I most enjoyed the depth of the characters, specifically Hadley. She was the perfect example of a woman who has suffered and survived a bruta
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BLOGGERS!!!

Sign up for the following events for Blended:

Cover Reveal on August 23 - http://bit.ly/BlendedCR
Release Blitz on September 19 - http://bit.ly/BlendedRB

★☆★

Have you ever read a book and, when it was time to write up the review, thought to yourself, “How the ever loving hell am I going to put into words how much I loved this book?”

Well, that is my current dilemma. I loved this book so hard that I have NO WORDS!

There is so much in this book that I was not expecting. It made me feel li
Lindsay
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
An interesting twist. At first I thought this was going to be a romance book between damaged people who meet by accident but bond over a shared love of whiskey. but instead it turns out to be an important cautionary tale about how really expensive liquor causes brain damage in otherwise reasonable adults.

At least that's how I'm going to interpret it. These people are idiots, and the way they bolt down thousand-dollar bottles of the stuff in this book, I'm fairly sure that's the cause. Maybe real
Sasha Brümmer
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"Passion, anger, survival and hope...all BLENDED together!" - Alessandra Torre, New York Times Bestselling Author.

"Blended is an intriguing, angst-filled tale of hardship, broken pasts, and survival. In this book, Sasha Brummer proves love is not always given freely, it must be earned." - Audrey Carlan, #1 NYT Bestselling Author

"Blended bleeds angst, it surged every emotion within me, pushing them to my limit and well past it at times." - Sophie Broughton, Bookalicious Babes Blog

"A strong at
Alissa
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've never tried whiskey, but after reading this book I think I need to give it a shot! This was my first time reading anything by Sasha Brümmer, and it won't be my last. She had me instantly hooked from page one of Blended. I loved that Hadley wasn't your typical heroine, she was an in your face, brash sex addict. I loved her first meeting with Wade and everything that followed on their tumultuous journey.

I did feel though that as Hadley and Wade helped each other overcome their obstacles, she
K. Webster
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blended was a steamy and intense story about overcoming addictions by finding love instead. It grabbed me from page one and sucked me in. All of the characters were multi-dimensional and interesting. This story was well-written, angsty, and romantic-I highly recommend it!

"F**k whomever you want. I'm the one that will make you swoon."

And boy did I swoon. This story will melt your heart and your kindle!
✴ Cindy ✴
🥃 🥃 🥃

Plot: Wade meets Rye in an elevator in Las Vegas. She just lost her job and is moving in with a friend in Chicago. Wade just so happens to live in Chicago. He was in Vegas on business and indulging a sexcation. Don’t worry, it’s part of his legitimate ‘therapy.’

Rye worked as a black jack dealer and supposedly had enough money to live comfortably. Don’t know how. He recognizes the signs of sexual addiction and tries to cure her.

description

Presumptuous of him since she never asked for help. He was tr
• Island Queen Reads • Ofa •
Holy shiitake mushrooms! This book! I was kindly given an ARC for an honest review and holy shit, shit is about to get real. Blended is so gritty and raw and realistic, I felt like I was actually a character in this story. Addiction is dangerous and seriously, its tough shit to overcome. But to use this kind of addiction and turn it into something beautiful but real at the same time. MAGIC.

Waylon is absolutely everything I want in a book boyfriend; loving, possessive, needy and sometimes and as
Tia Louise
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gritty, emotional, and full of angst.

Blended started out pretty hard-hitting. I confess, it wasn't what I was expecting. BUT! That's not a bad thing, and certain characters who at first seem off-putting and unredeemable are explained. I grew to care about them and want them to find happiness.

So essentially, the story has lovely layers--like the whiskey Brummer does such a brilliant job describing. I swear, I wanted to go out and have a Glenfiddich more than once while reading--LOL!

The romance
Linda Cotter
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I finished this book earlier today, and I think I figured out what I want to say about it.
When I started this book, I didn't understand the disease Hadley and Wade were dealing with, and sometimes got frustrated with how Hadley handled things. I mean, she was so detached discussing the trauma she went through when she was younger, and it was shocking.
Seeing what it did to her future was heartbreaking. I felt for these characters, through all their trials and pain. And watching what they went
Roxs Reads
5 Amazing stars going out to Blended. I was totally enthralled by the characters and their amazing story. Prepare for your heart to be stolen, melted, stomped on, mended, torn to shreds, and put back together again throughout the journey the characters take to find and save themselves through their love and helping each other deal with their addiction. I received an ARC of this book to review on behalf of “2 Girls Who Love Books” blog.

Blended is a story of redemption and the debut sole-written n
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
*I received a copy of this book from Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review*

Thank you so very much Give Me Books Promotions for sending me a copy of Blended!! I am extremely honored and grateful!! :)

4 Take me to the Whiskey Library Stars!!

This was my first time reading Ms.Brümmer's work and I really enjoyed it! I liked the fact that it focused on serious subjects and how our minds can be scary places at times especially when it comes to memories of the past. It was heartbreaki
A.F.
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Damn it… This book should come with a warning. "Caution: Book will suck you in without your knowledge or consent. And burn your dinner."

REVIEW: 4.75 STARS
Wow. Where do I start? In the beginning I wasn’t too sure what I was in for because I read this with no background or synopsis. Before I knew it, I was so immersed in the story that I forgot to cook dinner. I caught myself driving and thinking about this book. The story stuck with me because it was different. It wasn’t all hearts and flowers o
Joanne
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When someone knows you better than you know yourself, you’re meant to be blended. Sasha Brummer weaves a tale proving true love can heal all wounds. Get ready to swoon over Wade Brass. He’s as delish as the whiskey he drinks.

Hadley has had a difficult life. She copes in a way that some may find unconventional, but it works for her. When faced with adversity she turns to what she knows, what calms and grounds her - sex.

Wade is a man who lives life on his terms. He's a smart businessman who knows
Phyllis Smith
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this story from beginning to end. It's a story of addiction, trust and love. From the moment Waylon met Hadley in the elevator, he was drawn to her. But Hadley has a wall built around her, as she battles her demons. There are miscommunications that they must work through. But they find they can blend together if they just remember their promise of 'I've got you'. ...more
the_overbooked
Holy wow, this is definitely going on my all time fav's. It had all the feels and I loved every single character. My heart feels full now that I've reached the end <3

PS, Sasha... please make this a series. Thanksbye. :)
J.D. Hollyfield
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Somebody get me a drink!

Loooved this story! It was just so beautiful, yet mouth watering at the same time! Bravo Ms. Brummer!
Shatia
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! I will say it took me a while but it was worth it! This was heartbreaking and emotional. Unconditional love and HEA at its finest. Hadley and Wade went through so much before and during their relationship. Wade realizes after talking to Hadley and observing her interactions with himself and other men that she doesnt value herself and clearly has an addiction. In their case it took one to know one as Wade has experienced his share of a sex addiction. These two were made for ea ...more
Heidi R.
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting and at times frustrating story of two broken people finding each other. I really had a hard time putting it down ad pretty much read it straight through.
Monique Tinline
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
   photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

What a book of emotions, ups and down, love and hate and trying to find yourself.

Rye and Whiskey otherwise known as Hadley and Wade were such amazing characters in there own right but together they were explosive and not always in the best way. These two fed off each other in every emotion both phycial and mentally and that made them so much stronger.

Living with an addiciton wouldn't be easy, living with a sex addicion would be hard (pun intended) but when you find that one person that you
Sara
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is just so...I'm not sure I even have words.

Briefly, Sydney has issues. Major emotional issues stemming from a bad childhood. Wade also has childhood issues, but he has learned to deal with his in a much more constructive way. They have a chance meeting in Vegas on an elevator that makes an impression on both of them. Then another brief encounter later that evening. Then they don't see each other again for a while and reconnect by chance. What happens after is a beautiful story of
Joy
I was given the opportunity to early read Blended. I have to say that I kinda love Hadley and Wade. Hadley was a little rough around the edges in the beginning but she really grew on me. And Wade, well it's hard not to love him. I enjoyed the story arc. I really loved the whiskey theme that flowed throughout. Sure this was one of his businesses but their love for the liquor was common ground between the two characters. We come to find out that's not the only thing they have in common. They also ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I thought I would enjoy this book after reading the blurb, so I'm delighted I enjoyed it even more than I expected. I was hooked from the first page, and by the third chapter I felt I knew the characters well.

Wade and Hadley make a stunning couple and everyone knows this except Hadley. Growing up with a troubled past and addictions she can't break, she convinces herself that she's no good for the likes of Wade Brass - CEO of Blended, and owner of half of Chicago. This is a man that knows what he
Sharon
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story about two people who struggle with addiction.

Hadley lost her mother to suicide when she was young, she was thrust into the foster care system where she was abused. The only good thing that came out of it was her best friend Lola.

Wade fought his addiction, got help but he occasionally gives into it, though never in Chicago, only in Vegas and that's where he meets Hadley and he's instantly attracted to her. When she shows up in Chicago at his Whiskey Club, she's just as attracted t
Christina Rhoads
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Whiskey and Rye... An unconventional love story with many twists and turns that needs to be read. Hadley had a rough upbringing that led to her shutting people out and to an addiction to sex. She meets the one man she can't shut out in Wade, but he wants to break her before giving into their primal needs. As I said earlier, this is not your typical love story, it is so much more. There is tons of sexual tension, lots of push and pull but through it all there is an undeniable pull between 2 b ...more
Lisa   cheney
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
i was giving this ARC for an honest review.
I did enjoy the book and when i started i didn't understand the disease that Hadley and Wade both were dealing with. with that being said i think it was well written i got frustrated with how Hadley handled things. I mean, she was so detached discussing the trauma she went through when she was younger, and it was shocking.
Melanie (mells_view)
When two flawed people fall in love...

I ended up enjoying this story. It started off a bit slowly for me, with a bit of a cliche fate type of meeting, but it picked up pretty quickly after the initial meetings and introductions to each character.

Hadley and Wade were both extremely flawed characters, but it was nice watching them heal each other. They were there for each other and fell in love with one another despite their flaws.

The side characters were really great. My favorites being Liam and
Sam Via
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Sure is fucked up. Which is totally my jam. Add to the fact that the heroine is totally chill, add a few trauma, men, and, her main bitches, and hateful ho's, we've got the perfect blended mix of a wondrous disaster.

Xoxo,
Empress
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)
  • Be Safe, Love Mom: A Military Mom's Stories of Courage, Comfort, and Surviving Life on the Home Front
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Hearts On Fire (The Santiago Trilogy #3)
  • Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1)
  • Hearts Divine (The Santiago Trilogy #2)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Rescued by the Rancher (Tall Pines Ranch, #2)
  • Angel's Halo: Avenged (Angel's Halo MC #7)
  • Nova (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana Chapter #3)
  • The Dugout
  • Slammer
  • Resist (Wicked Ways, #1)
  • Enchanting Sebastian (Big Sky Royal, #1)
  • Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)
  • No Tomorrow
  • Where Good Girls Go To Die (Good Girls, #1)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
A self-published author by night and all around busybody by day, Sasha is an international baby, born in gorgeous South Africa. Her cultured lifestyle is one that many don’t get to experience. When she’s not preoccupied with reading romance novels, she’s hashing out new ways to translate a titillating and libidinous scene onto a page.

Redemption (2 books)