Start by marking “Bird and Squirrel On Fire (Bird & Squirrel, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bird and Squirrel On Fire (Bird & Squirrel, #4)

Bird and Squirrel On Fire

(Bird & Squirrel #4)

Bird and Squirrel are finally home, but the adventure isn't over yet!
It's been a long, crazy trip around the world. Now the duo is back in their beloved forest, and Bird wants to throw a party! But Squirrel isn't in the mood to celebrate. His house needs a good cleaning, the river has been dammed up by a pesky beaver, and the forest animals are jittery about a growing
Published January 31st 2017 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Bird and Squirrel On Fire, please sign up.
James Burks You can read it in a day. Yes. A fifth grader would enjoy this book.…moreYou can read it in a day. Yes. A fifth grader would enjoy this book. (less)

Start your review of Bird and Squirrel On Fire (Bird & Squirrel, #4)
CarterboieoP2
good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good ...more
Theresa Grissom
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, graphic-fiction
I love Bird & Squirrel! Incredibly cute books. Have a huge waiting list in my library for this already. Keep 'em coming James Burks!
Christopher
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not as funny, but then lessons are more real. And Birdie is so cute! Had me worried at the end but then everything was OK.
Jess
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these so much. SO MUCH. Best yet in the series.
The true friendship between bird and squirrel (supportive, willing to call the other out when wrong), the way the characters are evolving (Squirrel hopping into danger because he thought someone was hurt), the jokes and humor that are never mean, the FEELS, the well-drawn panels, etc etc etc.

Just, it made me happy.
Ann
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm obsessed with this friendship. Bird and Squirrel are freaking awesome.
Michele Knott
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a new favorite Bird and Squirrel. I may have laughed out loud. On every page.
Jennie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paula
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This last installment of the Bird and Squirrel series finds the duo back in the forest with Squirrel eager to return to his safe home and life. They meet a new Squirrel, Red, who seems to have designs on Squirrel. Bird plans a party to Squirrel’s dismay. But soon troubles begin when they find their water supply has been dammed up by a mean Beaver. They are briefly held captive by menacing rats. And a forest fire threatens to destroy them all. Needless to say, all ends well and Squirrel discovers ...more
Nancy Kotkin
It's been a while since I've read a Bird and Squirrel graphic novel and I had forgotten how funny and endearing these characters are. Squirrel experiences some real growth in this fourth book of this series. The ending is a big leap forward in time, but it's sweet and satisfying. The full-color art is bright and the story is fast-paced; throw in the humorous dialogue and you've got kid appeal galore.
JoAnne
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bird and Squirrel have finally made it home! We are introduced to Red, a feisty female squirrel, along with a whole new set of obstacles for our favorite best buddy duo to overcome.
I read this book with my 5 year old daughter, and I fully admit there were a few tears shed near the end of the story; a superb ending! This series of graphic novels is fantastic!
Emily Ross
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I taught a special summer course on GN's when James Burks was writing this story 2 summers ago. He was kind enough to Skype with my class for free! We were so excited for this book to come out, but GN take time and I didn't realize how many pages this would turn out to be! It is a great installment in the story and adds some new characters. It kind of felt like he was wrapping up the series, but as I searched to add this book I see there is a #5, yay!
Brooke Knuppenburg
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this story because it was a fast read! The story continues to develop, and makes you not want to put it down. From the beginning, you can tell it will only get crazier. The images and small text blurbs make it such a unique read for kids!
Stacey
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My son is in grade 2 and LOVES this series. He put the latest one on pre-order and it arrived today. He just read all 189 pages and it did not disappoint one bit. He just told me that if he could give it 10 stars, he would :) Highly recommended!
Destiny Henderson
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! That doesn't give you a lot to work with for a review, so I guess you will have to read it for yourself. :)
Alyssa Tabor
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Gah! Really tugged on my heart strings! Maybe that's why I like this series so much. It is silly, yes, but also has depth.
emyrose8
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-my-library
So sad this series is at an end! This book amps up the tension by introducing a love interest (hehehe!) and having an ultimate disaster... there was a huge twist at the end!!! (I kind of saw it coming, but at the same time, I didn't). It was good.
Kris
Love! Bird & Squirrel rock. Just added this series to my library, can't keep them on the shelves. Like Elephant & Piggie for big kids.
Heidi Kuipers
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Discovered this book recently at our local library. Sat down and read it with my almost 7 and almost 5 year olds tonight. We ended up reading all 190 pages... can't wait to read another...
Rachel Coyne
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series. A great odd couple buddy adventure story. Excellent illustration
Pam
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
Graphic Novel
Younger readers will enjoy the continuing friendship and adventures for these two characters plus the friends they meet in each book.
This time Squirrel meets a fellow squirrel and they take on the rats and a beaver who blocks the river.
Brett C
I recommend this series
Allison Renner
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, tween, graphic
I bought some new graphic novels for the school library, and I always like to read them first if possible. I read these before school started and am so excited for the students to read them! I think the 1st-3rd graders will love them, but even the older students will like them for a laugh.
Beezoo
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I WISH THERE WERE MORE OF THESE BOOKS!!! SO SAD!!! :(
Christina
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this friendship and the squirrel had an amazing character arc in this volume. If you are like me and get unreasonably emotionally invested in Literature, have a box of tissues ready.
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series is one of my very favorites. It has helped immensely to get striving readers excited about books. Incredible work, James Burks!
Margie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When readers connect with characters, for whatever reason, it's a bond which lasts a lifetime. They will want to read the stories in which these characters find themselves over and over. Each time they are read it's as if it's the first time but the experience is far richer for those characters have become friends. This is the huge attraction of sequels, trilogies and books in a series.

If the characters are part of a dynamic duo and happen to be as different as night and day, they become even
Phoebe
Do you or did you watch Nickelodeon cartoons? This graphic novel is for you! Silly and rambunctious with two zany best friends who are just trying to stay out of trouble ... or ARE they? Character development, pacing and plot are all consistent and well composed, if a bit conventional.

My favorite aspect of this surprisingly long story is the character design —the two squirrels with the not-quite attached tails, the beaver and his inanimate log friend, Bird’s goggles. Also, I appreciated the
Shannon Au
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and adventurous...
The violin part was funny...
Kay
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was able to steal a copy from the publicist for an early read.
I love Bird & Squirrel, and On Fire did not disappoint! Probably the best Bird & Squirrel yet.

Colors and art are a perfect 5, but it's really the story and that twist ending that deserve the perfect rating. On Fire is the adventure that happens when Bird & Squirrel return home. Burks gives us a nice existential crisis by questioning what's important and what really is home?
(When did Bird & Squirrel become so deep all
Chris
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic, j, light, humor, adventure
I enjoyed these so much I read the first five volumes (all there are so far) in a row. Excellent "buddy" humor and surprising character growth over the course of the series--it's not just the same jokes repeated endlessly. I'm getting ready to start them with my kids.

• All Paws on Deck (Haggis and Tank Unleashed #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • Then Everything Went Wrong
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • The Great Big Boom
  • Saving the Whole Wide World
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • It's Me. (Catwad, #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • Super Rabbit Boy Blasts Off! (Press Start! #5)
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)
  • A Friend For Dragon
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
I've worked as an artist in the animation industry for companies like Disney, Warner Brothers, and Nickelodeon. Projects I've worked on include the Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, Space Jam, the Iron Giant and the television shows, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Ni-hao Kai-lan, the Dinosaur Train and most recently on Cartoon Network's PowerPuff Girls.

I also write and

Bird & Squirrel (5 books)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run (Bird & Squirrel, #1)
  • Bird  Squirrel On Ice (Bird & Squirrel, #2)
  • Bird  Squirrel on the Edge! (Bird & Squirrel, #3)
  • Bird and Squirrel All Tangled Up (Bird & Squirrel, #5)