Start by marking “We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of Jonbenet Ramsey Twenty Years Later” as Want to Read:

In We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later, Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist Paula Woodward offers an unprecedented insider perspective on the twentieth anniversary of one of the most heinous, sensationalized, unsolved crimes in American history.

Here for the first time, Woodward publishes exclusive police reports from th
Published October 13th 2016 by Easton Studio Press

To ask other readers questions about We Have Your Daughter, please sign up.
Emily Trettel The author unambiguously supports the intruder theory throughout the book. Much of the book sets up the argument that between the early police…moreThe author unambiguously supports the intruder theory throughout the book. Much of the book sets up the argument that between the early police bungling of the investigation, the political posturing, and the media circus, opportunities to apprehend the real offender were squandered. Her final conclusion seems to be that The killer is at this point unknown to investigators and will likely only be discovered by a tip, confession, or additional crime leading to a DNA match to the unidentified male touch DNA found on JonBenet's garments. This book does not take a position on who committed the crime although it offers a few broad profiles of an offender. Most of the book argues the parents are innocent and the case was mishandled. (less)

Jill Crosby
Dec 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
If you're looking for an objective look deep into the unsolved murder case of JonBenet Ramsey, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. Television news journalist Paula Woodward, who covered this tragedy from its beginning 20 years ago, goes to disingenuous lengths to BLAME THE MEDIA (of which she was a member), the Boulder Police Department, Colorado's governors, the FBI, probably even the Warren Commission and the Spanish Inquisition (I got tired of reading the unending litany of allegations and screw-ups; I sk ...more
Erin
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is information overload, everything you ever wanted to know about the JonBenet Ramsey case. We Have Your Daughter is an in dept and unbiased look at the case. It doesn't solve the case but you get a better understanding of why it remains unsolved. The Police Botched The Case & continue to botch it by not investigating any suspects who are not the Ramsey's. The cops decided day one the parents did it & didn't look for any other suspects. I don't know who did it & I doubt I e ...more
Amy
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book. I was so excited to find that my local library had it and I immediately requested it. That excitement quickly turned to disappointment. There are several inconsistencies and contradictions. Some of the information within the book was retracted by the author on her website. Which I found it to be ironic that she dedicated a portion of this book criticizing the media for reporting false information when she was, also, reporting false information within the same b ...more
Jessica
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime
This book is not going to help solve the case of who killed Jon Benet but it lays out all of the evidence and facts for the reader to consider. Interestingly enough, much of what I thought I knew about the case turns out to be wrong. I always thought for sure the Ramseys were in on the killing and now not so much. If you are at all interested in the case, you'll want to check this out. It's not a thrilling page turner, but the evidence and backstory presented is pretty interesting and there's no ...more
Kirk
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exhaustively researched on point examination into one of the most publicized and scrutinized murders in modern American history. A riveting read, filled with never before released information and interviews. Woodward leaves the reader with a true understanding of the manipulation, errors, and events that dammed a family in the court of public opinion. While the author has taken some criticism for being “ pro-Ramsey “ she does nothing but present the facts of the case, and leaves it up to the ...more
Elisabeth
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent (though sometimes very dense) accounting of the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation by a reporter who was with the story from the beginning. It doesn't purport to "solve" the case, except to emphasize that it was almost certainly NOT the parents. The book is especially excellent at highlighting the plethora of straight up false statements to and by the police department and media. Importantly, it relies on original sources, like actual copies of police reports, and demonstrates absolu ...more
Erin
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a journalist, this book answered some of the questions I've had regarding the sensational-yet-tragic murder of JonBenet Ramsey. The killing occurred when I was in j-school, and we reviewed the media coverage in several of my classes. It has always been a story that interests me, partly as a journalist and partly as simply a human being.

So . . . do I have a strong opinion on who took the life of that darling 6 year old on Christmas night 1996? No, not really . . . but evidence and police recor
Shanda Carlsen
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think Paula Woodward did an excellent job writing this book, having given more detail into JonBenet and who she was in her short life, and John and Patsy's real emotional state and reactions to her kidnapping/death instead of the edited stuff the media put out over the years making them appear uncaring so to speak. Paula allows the reader to gain more perspective into the case and into the lives of the Ramsey family with some clear cut information to allow the reader to see the case from a dif ...more
Helen Carolan
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Not sure what to make of this book.Ms Woodward befriended the Ramsey family early on in the investigation and she freely admits that they had many informal interviews and chats. As a result her book is somewhat biased towards them.The media of which she is one and police come in for a great deal of blame. There are no new answers in this book and Ms Woodward's judgement being so close to the family seems to be questionable. A disappointing read.
Pat Lampe
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a rather tedious book to read, but the author really did a good job of researching the case. I am unable to guess who may have done it, but the evidence seems to indicate an intruder. I was not aware of how brutal the murder was and I cannot imagine her parents doing something like that. Thanks to the Boulder PD and the politics of the day, her parents went through hell. Very very sad.
Karen Butler
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally!

I am grateful that someone has finally given an unbiased view of this event and hope that maybe a citizen of Boulder will read this book and remember something about Christmas in 1996 that they thought was inconsequential at the time that will help solve this murder.
Pug
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I wasn't daunted by a 500-page book, because this unsolved mystery is such a fascinating story/case. I was really looking forward to rehashing the facts and getting all the new information. And boy, did I! About half-way through, I was over it... the author had moved away from the murder and onto the investigation, and I got really bored slogging through all the minutia about ThisDetective and ThatDetective. I did learn a lot, and have a new perspective on this case, but I'm glad to be finished.
Christine Whittington
I can’t imagine losing a child. It is even more difficult to imagine the horror of having one’s child murdered at home, then being accused by the authorities and the court of public opinion of having murdered my own child, with the accusations continuing for more than 20 years. Still, there are many questions about the death of JonBenet Ramsey. In “We Have Your Daughter,” respected investigate reporter Paula Woodward attempts to resolve some of the questions through interviews, evidence, and doc ...more
Margi
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Filled with a lot of information I had never read or seen before. I applaud the diligence of the author's research. Glad I read this with the 20th anniversary coming up. This book definitely swayed my thoughts on the case. It is so sad that 20 years have passed and this case is still cold.
Gloria Windholz Robbins
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was factual. The author did much more than the other books on this subject in that it left you with both sides of the story. I have concluded for myself that the family was treated so badly by the media without a trial.
Suzin
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't really learn anything new by reading the book. However with that said it was an intriguing and interesting read.
Bert Z
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've always wanted to read a book about the JonBenét case, I've seen countless documentary specials and movies on the subject but never read a book. When it comes to a case like this that has 2 very strong sides I've never seen a book that looks as though it's not bias one way or another. Perfect Murder Perfect Town is supposedly non-bias but it's almost 20 years old now so majorly out of date.

A friend of mine who knows a lot about the case informed me that this would be a good book to read as i
Emily Trettel
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Despite laying out if fairly compelling case for the intruder theory, this book sags under the weight of its own pre-judgment. Many of the errors it accuses others of -- principally, drawing absolutist conclusions from ambiguous pieces of evidence-- the author commits in reverse. Much of the flogging of the police department and politicians of Boulder does little to move the ball down the field; it serves only to excoriate the players. While this criticism is well deserved, the police errors in ...more
kylajaclyn
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Every time I think I've finally decided that the Ramsey's did it or that an intruder did it, I switch over to the other side again. This book did inform me of quite a lot I didn't know about the case, including the fact that there were many, many points of entry to the house the night of JonBenet's murder. It's always been fascinating to me that people think there are only two options: either the intruder entered through the basement or it had to be the parents.

Still, no matter which way you le
Janell
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Chantel recommended this, and it really was an eye-opener. It reminded me of the book 'Columbine'-- I thought I knew everything and really knew nothing. I take everything with a grain of salt, because this author obviously has her opinion set about the Ramseys, but she was there much more than I was, and a lot of the evidence was really misrepresented in the press.

The author compares the actions and information from the police, etc, to policies and procedures that are best practices, and they r
Amy Norenberg
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally

I have followed the Ramsey case with careful, deep interest and much compassion for many years. The inconsistencies from the BPD, and the outrageous leaks to the media were and are infuriating. Finally, in one book, we have the BPD's own reports and following (contradictory) statements. Recorded, provable cooperation from the Ramsey family with authorities is presented in conjunction with BPD declarations to the press of "non-cooperation." Fact after fact, opinion upon opinion -- the aut
Brent
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Woodward puts a knock on biased journalists, but has no problem engaging in the same. The book is a good review of the past 20 years, but her constant pushing of her opinions got annoying. Just put the facts out there as you know them and let the reader decide. She has a very large pro-Ramsey bias. I know both sides of this are pretty ensconced in their beliefs. However, she needs to stop trying to call out reporters for doing the same thing she engages in throughout the book.
Montana Getty
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book can be quite repetitive in stating that reporters and police were wrong. Although there is lots of interesting information that needs to be heard and shared with the public. Very interesting read!
Judie Fisher-Crowley
Interesting.

The author was very thought-provoking. I have never felted the Ramsey were guilty of the crime. The sad thing is if the killer stepped up,they the boulder cops would have trouble convicting anyone as the evidence is so contaminated.
Chantel
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As a true crime fanatic, I can say that this is one of my favorite true crime books of all time. It's so well researched and written, and it is incredible to me how many half-truths, misunderstandings, and straight up lies I believed about those case before reading it!
Momofljm
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating yet horrifying examination of the case and everything that went wrong during the investigation. I remember co-workers saying horrible things about the Ramsey family based on media reporting, and this book told a completely different and very compelling story.
Faith
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I never believed that the family had anything to do with the murder of this little girl. This book gives you a very informed and documented order of the events as they happened.
Stephen Zerance
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books written on the case
Alex Graves
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
It seemed mostly based on the intruder theory which I don't believe.
Paromita
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are so many sides to this story...I really appreciated this one tho, the father did sound sincere so this puts me into a dilemma.
Obsessed with Tru...: This topic has been closed to new comments. We Have Your Daughter by Paula Woodward 1 14 Sep 09, 2016 03:39PM

• Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?
  • The Professor and the Prostitute: And Other True Tales of Murder and Madness
  • Into the Water
  • Homegrown Tea: An Illustrated Guide to Planting, Harvesting, and Blending Teas and Tisanes
  • Alien Disclosure at Area 51: Dr. Dan Burisch Reveals the Truth About ETs, UFOs and MJ-12
  • Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approach
  • Hunger Pains: The Modern Woman's Tragic Quest for Thinness
  • Better Than College: How to Build a Successful Life Without a Four-Year Degree
  • To Kill and Kill Again
  • Killing for Sport: Inside the Minds of Serial Killers
  • The Murder of Marilyn Monroe: Case Closed
  • Between Good and Evil: A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
  • Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up
  • Too Pretty To Live: The Catfishing Murders of East Tennessee
  • Portrait of a Monster: Joran van der Sloot, a Murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery
  • Memories of Evil