Start by marking “Případ Pegasus” as Want to Read:
Případ Pegasus

Případ Pegasus

(Lang Reilly #1)

Tajemství zaváté prachem staletí může otřást samotnými základy církve.
Řád templářů údajně zanikl roku 1312. Ale co když ne? Možná stále existuje a střeží tajemství, které by mohlo otřást vírou milionů lidí…

Americký právník Lang Reilly přijde během podezřelého výbuchu v malebné pařížské čtvrti o sestru. Pustí se do pátrání po skutečné příčině exploze, jenže někdo si očividn
Published 2016 (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Případ Pegasus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Případ Pegasus

Start your review of Případ Pegasus
Jessica
Sep 12, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-recently
While James Rollins does Dan Brown a few steps better, Gregg Loomis is left in the dust as a thriller/adventure wannabe. I want a novel to grip me at my core. When it comes to this, Loomis fails to deliver. The plot is ok, but the writing is trite, and even though I wanted to find out how he finished the story, in some sense I couldn't wait for it to be over, simply because the writing is just so bad. The characters are not portrayed too badly, but there is no real depth to the story line, and t ...more
Anna
Jul 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very bad..I am wondering why all these type of writers are going back to Jesus, his "wife" or "children". A few "hero" fighting with some dark people/organisations. Then they find the "truth" but decide to save it to themselves in order to save all the others' soul. It's actually very funny. Don't you think it is enough now.
Jane Keeler
Too similar to The DaVinci Code, but not as well written. Really ticks me off when typos go to print ... why isn't accurate proofreading included in the cost of the publication?
Molly Jo
If you liked The DaVinci Code, chances are you'll enjoy The Pegasus Secret. Some type of story and similar information presented in a totally different package. It seems that there has been a string of novels centering around a Grail Quest plot line: the main character must overcome a series of tasks to prove they are worthy of discovering the Holy Grail. What the Grail is varies from story to story, but the origins date back to Arthurian legends.

Loomis centers his story around a painting by Nic
Nora
Jan 07, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lola Et La Vie
I was determined to finish this book. It was not bad enough to stop reading it, but I found it hard going. The story is a re-hash of the stuff that Dan Brown tends to do. I did not mind that so much, as I remember quite enjoying the Da Vinci Code. In this case, the main character Langdon Reilly stumbles across a hidden map in a copy of a 17th century religious painting after his sister and nephew are killed. A chase ensues.

At no point did I feel thrilled or excited by this book. It felt stale fo
Kati
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would've enjoyed it more if Lang wasn't just so dumb. Has he ever heard of gloves, so as not to leave his darn fingerprints everywhere, considering he's being hunted by the cops? And to forget an actual umbrella at the scene of a crime? Dude! If he were a complete amateur, sure. But he did work for the intelligence service, he did go through the training. And to see a cross in a circle and to go, "Oh, look, four quarters of a circle!" instead of, you know, a darn cross in a circle?! Now that n ...more
Cathy
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A poor man's Da Vinci Code that had some interesting parts but overall lacked the edge-of-your-seat writing that is a prerequisite for a thriller.
Jeff
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While plenty of others have mentioned the similarities in this book to works by Dan Brown, I'm not going to do that. Dan Brown didn't originate any of his theories on the Holy Grail or early Christian conspiracies. Dan Brown took all of his ideas from hundreds of years of Holy Grail lore and speculation. Saying this book is a rip off of Dan Brown is like accusing all medieval fantasy of ripping off Tolkein who borrowed his story influences from various areas of mythology. That being said, the Da ...more
Sharon Gallup
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. it is one of those stories that jumps from today murder mystery then back to a thousand years ago. it is about a woman and her son are murdered in Italy and her brother in America wants to know why she was murdered. She collected religious pictures and before her death she has purchased a picture and had it sent back to the states. It arrives after her death and her brother finds it a strange picture. After he receives it people around him start to be murdered and he feels ...more
Ben Boulden
A fast-paced thriller with more in common with the 1990s thrillers by David Morrell and Daniel Easterman than Dan Brown. Not as good as Morrell's, overall, and with better pacing than Easterman's. Fun and light with a nice twist at the end. I'll be visiting Lang Reilly's world again.
Sandee Dibb
Fast read and fun in a Dan Brown sort of way. :)
Becky
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
I see what the author was going for here but fell well short of the mark. I did not like this book at all. That's disappointing because I'm super interested in the subject matter.
Harold Kushins
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pegasus Secret

A typical thriller with twists in the plot with the hero getting all of the lucky breaks to solve the crime.
Shelly Boltz-Zito
Wonderful book

What insight, what a story, what twists and turns! I had never read anything by Mr. Loomis but when I saw the headlines comparing it to Dan Brown's books I knew I had to try to. So glad I did. What a wonderful compelling story with more twists and turns than a rollercoaster!
Dennis
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book overall. Different take on Dan Brown I thought. I didn't get the whole need for the dog thing at the end. But all and all a good story. I'm going to try one more of his books and go from there.
skw
Note to self: When you read the next book in this series (and you know you will), DON'T do it on a night when you have to get up and go somewhere the next morning. Also, when you read the next book in this series (and you know you will), MAKE SURE there's enough room on your DVR so you don't have to worry about it filling up. In fact, when you read the next book in this series (and you know you will), clear your calendar altogether because you KNOW you won't be able to put it down till you finis ...more
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
The only good thing this book had was... Sintra.

The setting for the last 20 or 30 pages is in Portugal. Mainly in Sintra. It sure gives the feeling that the writing has been here or at least has google maps uptaded. The information on IC19 traffic and Sintra "little" villas are great.

About the book itself. You've got two stories in the same book. One divided in 6 parts, each with 5 or 6 pages, inbetween the main story, about a servant of Templar Order (until the end) and the other nowadays as a
Sandra
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful. I learned a lot about Greek mythology. I don't mind foul language but its use in this case was gratuitous.
RumBelle
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, thriller
The Shepherds of Arcadia painting by Poussin has been at the heart of many Da Vinci code type thrillers. In those books however, the painting is part of a wider puzzle. In this book the painting is the puzzle.

In this first book in the series we meet Lang Reilly, a lawyer thrown into a puzzle surrounding this painting after the death of his sister. His sister was sent the painting, mysteriously, and not soon after was killed. Lang is determined to discover why, solve the puzzle, and find some ju
Yomna  Meles
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is a perfect welding of mythology and adventure. it quickly drags you into the story and you actually become one of the characters in it. how far it is based on real things makes you feel suspicious i mean the painting is there, the manuscript is real and the corporation itself exists. i somehow didn't like how he ridiculed some faiths and religious practices and mentioning it more than once. Other than that it's a very interesting book that won't satisfy your curiosity because it'll k ...more
Paula Howard
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lang Reilly, is ex-CIA and currently an attorney. He gets word that his sister and nephew have been killed in a bombing incident. This propels Lang into the world of modern day Templars and their need to keep secret the location of religious artifacts that the Catholic Church can't allow for Christiany to learn.

Gnostic Gospels
Templars
Catholic Church

All this make for great adventure.
Fantastic read.
Theresa M Desautels
Die Hard meets Da Vinci code

This book was similar, in so many ways, to Da Vinci Code, including name similarity. There is also a scene, "give me my ", no, not detonators, but of great importance to the plot. Not as complex and a lot shorter, a relatively quick read. Might make a decent action click, maybe with Christian Bale. Good looking, but not too rugged, could pass for the intellectual dude. Worth what I paid for it. I bought the sequel at the same time.
Carol
Found a new hero

It is always good to discover a new author (to me) in a genre I read a lot. Greg Loomis's first story that I read was a satisfying read that kept me engaged, if not on the edge of my seat, to the end. I would have liked more detail about the resolution of his various predicaments at the end, but I will surely move on to read more novels featuring protagonist Lang Reilly.
Jenny T.
Oct 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This book was definitely marketed following the success of "The Da Vinci Code." The plot involves a lawyer, Lang Reilly (ex-CIA), who is avenging the death of his sister & nephew. The story has more action than historical fact, but still explores the role of the Templars and questions about Roman Catholic beliefs. Best line of the book, "Illigitimi non corborundum." ...more
Donna Hulsey
Very interesting story about a group of men who were killing people to keep a secret from getting out. The secret is about the death of Jesus, and the men have been collecting extortion money from the pope for hundreds of years to keep the secret. The hero, Lang Reilly, has lost his sister and nephew in England. He determines to find their killers.
Edward
Apr 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid thriller. The premise - a historical secret that threatens modern Christianity - is not unique. But the writing and the pace is good, and the main character is developed just the right amount for a thriller. If you like this sort of plot, which I do, then I'd recommend the book.
Cr79
Dec 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Started this book thinking it was going to be Dan Brown-ish enough for me to enjoy. Nope. Nope. I skipped to the end halfway through the book and as I'm typing this, I can't even remember what happened. Other people may enjoy it more, I was left disappointed.
Walt Mccluskey
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pegasus Secret

Well researched and twists throughout the story. Even though it may have kept you guessing, the ending was logical and tied it all up nicely. I will have to see if Loomis does the same in my next reading.
Christianne Clark
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving adventure story

Many twists and turns in the plot line. I liked the interplay between past and present ages and the definitions for certain words and phrases.

Will definitely read more from this author.
Mistakes 1 4 Jul 01, 2014 07:22AM

• Avenger
  • Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
  • Engelspapst (Engels-Trilogie, #1)
  • Den döda vinkeln
  • Medusa
  • Val
  • Sutler
  • De erfenisjager
  • Engelsfluch (Engels-Trilogie, #2)
  • Broken Skin (Logan McRae, #3)
  • Tyrannosaur Canyon (Wyman Ford #1)
  • The Night Agent
  • The Fifth Gospel
  • Deep as the Marrow
  • Age of Assassins (The Wounded Kingdom, #1)
  • The Templar Legacy (Cotton Malone, #1)
  • End Time
  • Never Say Die
Gregg Loomis is an American author of thrillers. Born in Atlanta, Georgia, he spent his youth traveling the world, and has worked as a commercial pilot, a racecar driver, and a lawyer specializing in commercial litigation. He published his first novel, the bayou thriller Voodoo Fury, in 1991. His greatest success came in 2005, when The Pegasus Secret introduced the world to lawyer Lang Reilly; Loo ...more

Lang Reilly (9 books)
  • The Julian Secret (Lang Reilly #2)
  • The Sinai Secret (Lang Reilly #3)
  • The Coptic Secret (Lang Reilly #4)
  • The Bonaparte Secret (Lang Reilly #5)
  • The Cathar Secret (Lang Reilly #6)
  • The Poison Secret (Lang Reilly #7)
  • The Nassau Secret (Lang Reilly #8)
  • The Elizabethan Secret (Lang Reilly #9)