Start by marking “You'll Think of Me (Thunder Creek #1)” as Want to Read:
You'll Think of Me (Thunder Creek #1)

You'll Think of Me

(Thunder Creek #1)

In a small town in Idaho’s idyllic wine country where the past looms large, can two people realize their individual dreams for the future … together?

Abandoned once too often, Brooklyn Myers never intended to return to Thunder Creek, Idaho. Her hometown holds too many memories of heartache and rejection. But when her estranged husband Chad Hallston dies and leaves his
Published April 11th 2017 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 2017)

To ask other readers questions about You'll Think of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You'll Think of Me

Start your review of You'll Think of Me (Thunder Creek #1)
Hannah
This one's just a really fun contemporary romance that delves deeper than the average one. Brooklyn was a great heroine to follow along with and her daughter was a pistol. I loved all the richness of description in the small-town scenes, which made it feel as though I were right there with Brooklyn and Derek. I'm quite in love with the town of Thunder Creek and am glad to see there's another book set there.

The conflict in the story was believable and not contrived, something that's hard to come
Julie Carpenter
What a beautiful cover that is, don't you think? I love the rays of sunshine coming down onto the fruit tree and the cute couple standing off to the side. At first I kept trying to figure out how the title fit the book, but I think I finally figured it out at the end. I won't spoil it for you but I will say that looking back after reading Brooklyn's story it makes perfect sense. I really wouldn't have realized it until the end so if you read this and figure it out before me *clapping hands*, ...more
Brittany
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You’ll Think of Me was packed with emotion! I loved the two main characters, Brooklyn and Derek, as well as Brooklyn’s daughter, Alycia. The author really captured the feelings of these individuals and wove a story that I could hardly set down. I simply couldn’t stop turning the pages to find out what would happen next!

I liked that Brooklyn and Derek had a past, although not a romantic one. They knew each other from their teenage years. I felt for both of them as they began to get to know each
I knew going into this book that it was Christian fiction, which I do enjoy on occasion. Its nice to move away from the hot and spicy books every now and then and read something that deals move with the actual romance between the couple, then the physical relationship. That being said, this book delves a little too much into the preachy side, and into an area that bothers me in Christian fiction.

That is when the characters rely on God to make their decisions for them. I am not a Christian, and I
Lyn
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Robin Lee Hatcher's contemporary romances set in her native Idaho. This is such a sweet story of two hearts that need mending and a little girl who deserves a father's love.

I love the small town atmosphere Robin creates (Yes, I know RLH-and I received this book for review but it's my honest opinion.). Two characters, however, are hard to understand: Brooklyn's father who would rather nurse a grudge and wallow in bitterness that love a daughter and granddaughter.

He's kind of a
Maureen Timerman
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
The author the characters so real in this book, I felt I was watching a movie, or looking at real life. My heart broke for the young Brooklyn, all that happened to her, and then she raises a wonderful daughter, really correcting all the wrong parenting that happened to her. We find the difference is that she has become a Christian, and she really lives her faith.
A childhood friend, or acquaintance, comes to her rescue as she returns to Thunder Creek, Idaho, and you can see how he, Derek, is
Susan Snodgrass
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Robin Hatcher's books for a very, very long time and I've never been disappointed in one. Not a one. My all time favorite of hers and one that has been read more than once is The Shepherd's Voice.

This one, set in Idaho, is another wonderful addition to her impressive arsenal of books. Hatcher always writes with a great depth of emotion and stirring spiritual elements and lessons for the reader to take away. This one included how believers deal with fear and rejection. Fear
Robbie
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn Meyers was determined to make life better for herself and her ten-year-old daughter, Alycia. That was her main reason for not returning to Thunder Creek, Idaho. That and her cruel, abusive father. However, when she receives an unexpected, much- needed gift after the death of her estranged husband, Chad Hallston, she knows she must return.

Derek Johnson isn’t too happy about the news of Brooklyn’s return. He blames her for Chad leaving Thunder Creek, and in a small way, he figures she led
Kav
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring romance that tugged at my heartstrings as I lived each exhilarating moment with Brooklyn and Derek.

Brooklyn is a real overcomer though she is still taunted by her harsh upbringing. But she fights her way through as she strives to make a better childhood for her own daughter. For the most part, she's got this, even though returning to her hometown has stirred up feelings she thought buried long ago.

Brooklyn's arrival challenges Derek on so many levels. (And can I insert major
Rebekah Tooley
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, but sorrowful book filled with pain from the characters. I really felt for all of them. I'd love to get my hands on more of Thatchers books!
Maria
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
This book for me was all about the pleasure of burying myself in a well written story, a fictional world with well defined and relatable characters and a realistic small town setting. I loved Robin Lee Hatcher writing style, she’s a good story teller that knows how to captivate the reader.
It’s a romantic story about a couple, but also a story about a place and a small community.
I especially liked how slowly the couple turned from
Madison
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A charming and relaxing romance, You'll Think Of Me is a story of starting over and creating family.

Brooklyn knows what it takes to stand alone. So when she receives a letter from her estranged husband's lawyer stating that she and her ten-year-old daughter have been left his family home, Brooklyn is wary of returning to her hometown. But returning to Thunder Creek isn't the hardship she imagines. She is soon surrounded by caring townspeople including her neighbour Derek, who has his own
Just Commonly
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes I think we live in a library. . ." is one of those sentences I love to read in any story. And I love it in Robin Lee Hatcher's latest release, You'll Think of Me. Possibly because it refers to a pretty cool kid, Alycia. Reading should be nurtured when they are young, and this kiddo is pretty fun to be around! You'll Think of Me is charming with a good dose of reality. Robin Lee Hatcher is not afraid to deal with the tough issues like abandonment, forgiveness and bitterness. She ...more
Robin Hatcher
Feb 13, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Publishers Weekly: “Hatcher, award-winning author of more than 75 books, (The Shepherd’s Voice) once again takes readers on a journey of hope, patience, and love with her story of a deeply wounded woman who has no choice but to return to her childhood hometown … These characters, and the reader, are in for a heartwarming journey of redemption, forgiveness, and embracing the future.”

RT Book Reviews: “This story, infused with the wonder of God’s love, will have inspirational romance readers
Rachael
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I did enjoy the book, and I enjoyed the little one. I have found that in many of these reads with kids, the kids are such a redeeming quality in the books. Author's usually do a great job with the character making of children. Perhaps because Mothers can do just that!

I guess the "hometown" girl theme is just one I've read a lot this year so this one didn't connect. It's a quick beach read and enjoyable, but the plot was the individual leaving town..never wanting to return...Returns...and you
Michelle
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think that Robin Lee Hatcher is a talented author and this story had some great characters. Hatcher has way of writing about life through her characters in a way that adds a lot of depth. Real life issues and all in a wonderful setting! Some of romance in this particular book just didn't seem to click for me. I felt at times that it seemed rushed/shoved upon the reader and wasn't quite as natural as I would have liked. It made some of the parts of this story a bit predictable and slower for me ...more
Amy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You'll Think of Me is a pretty good read. Brooklyn is a type of character that I can relate to, which made me want to keep reading. At times, the story had some emotional moments that I, again, related to. Great book.
Highly recommended.
5+ stars
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Robin Lee Hatcher is a new author to me, but I can assure you she wasn't a stranger for long. I was drawn to this storyline from the very beginning and could picture myself moving to Thunder Creek. I love the small town feel in novels, but sometimes they can be hard to pull off. Not the case here. I felt at home with the residents, and to be honest really felt like part of the family. The descriptions were wonderfully written and remained in my mind into the wee hours of the night.
I have to be
Rebecca
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
"She would not let uncertainty change her course. She would not let fear rule her heart. She wouldn't be ruled by her past."

Brooklyn Myers has worked very hard to become on overcomer; refusing to let a sad childhood, a husband's desertion and the challenges of being a single mom, destroy her spirit. When a voice from the past offers her a second chance and the opportunity to return to her home town of Thunder Creek, Idaho, she swallows her fears, packs her meager belongings and leaves Reno,
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
YOU'LL THINK OF ME is the first book in Ms. Hatcher's newest series. I got the second book to review and decided since I had this one buried in my to-be-read pile (on my kindle) I needed to read it first -- just in case they aren't stand-alone.

Brooklyn is a hurting woman, no mother, a father who is a bitter, angry, hurting man, and a husband who abandoned her as soon as he finds out she's pregnant. To be fair, he does step up to the plate and will his deceased parents' house to him when he
Beth Erin
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review on Faithfully Bookish 9/12/17

Prepare your heartstrings, reader friends, this sweet story will pull them in a beautiful way! Despite the scars left by her past, Brooklyn has pulled herself up by the bootstraps. She is an all-out dedicated and devoted single mom to her daughter Alycia!

Derek is obviously a natural-born protector, both his position as a deputy and conscientiousfarmer attest to that fact. Derek also gets triple brownie points for his strong relationship with his Gran
Lucy
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a beautiful story filled with the angst of rejection and being a single mother. Past hurts shape us and our preconceived notions that put others in the same box without giving them a chance. This story shows how letting go and letting God work in our lives for His perfect plan can be so much better. I loved the character development and the tenderness of the story. We all need people like Ruth Johnson in our lives when we are hurting. These characters and setting keep you engaged ...more
Anna
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet little read, perfect for summertime. It did cover some difficult topics, such as growing up abused and abandoned, domestic abuse between a husband and wife, and a child lost in the woods. But it was heavy on faith, family, acceptance. trust, and community. The romance was light and clean.

I listened to the audio version. The narrator was obviously just a reader, not a performer, and she had a lovely voice. But her inflections and pauses were sometimes off enough to be disconcerting. And
Cheryl
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant story about Brooklyn who eloped with Chad to get away from her father. As soon as she got pregnant Chad left her. After ten years Chad dies and leaves her his family's farmhouse. She decides to run a bed and breakfast, which upsets her neighbor who wanted to expand his organic farm.
Denise Hershberger
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a super sweet love story. I really liked both Brooklyn and Derek. I admired both of them for their strong work ethic. And I'm always a sucker for a story with a cute kid in it too.

I would have liked a little more of an epilogue at the end to see how things progressed after the happily ever after but all in all I really liked the story. I like the stories set in small towns because I'm a city girl and it is fun to see a glimpse into idyllic small town life without having to live in one.
Dianne Sidebottom
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Derek n Brooklyn's story. All about perspective of the past n present n returning home. Trouble the dog was the glue in this story. I read Robyn's facts on daughter n father's missing relationships. Robyn, today on fb mentioned her grief n loss over her dog who died of heart failure. Hoping you will be comforted n have great memories to reflect at this time. God grant peace n strength at this time for you Robyn. Thank you for writing books.
charmaine White
Nice Story

A really good read.It's a year jerker but still a nice read.There's suspense and mystery with all the love you could ask for.I enjoyed this book.
Karen
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful story of survival and God's love for each of us. The characters in this book are the example of grace and acceptance, and demonstrate how far love and kindness can go in this world. Beautifully written. *I received an advanced copy of this book*
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)

My Thoughts:
I love Ms. Hatcher's writing style. She is one that will pull you in from the very first page. She'll grip you, captivate you and keep you in the center of the story and not let you go until you've turned the last page. Sitting there reflecting on what you've just read. Her writing never bores the reader and keeps them highly entertained and filled with lots of emotions!

I loved sweet Brooklyn. Bless her, she is broken and doesn't know who to trust or how. My heart wept for her

Susan K
Romance, Clean, Christian
This was a lovely read. Seeing Brooklyn and Derek's fall as they become neighbors, then friends, then finishing their fall, along with Brooklyn's daughter, Miss Trouble the pup, and all the local characters, tragedies and triumphs woven together to make a lovely read.. A little bit of everything, and a lovely dash of romance for this sweet couple.
Friends who hadn't parted on the best terms, get to know one another through a series of encounters and incidents, and manage
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 30, 2016 07:42PM

• Sweetbriar Cottage (Blue Ridge, #0)
  • Blue Ridge Sunrise (Blue Ridge, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Honeysuckle Dreams (Blue Ridge, #2)
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • Summer by the Tides
  • Sandpiper Cove (Hope Harbor, #3)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Pelican Point (Hope Harbor, #4)
  • The Sky Above Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #2)
  • A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue, #3)
  • Justice Delivered (Memphis Cold Case #4)
  • Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)
  • Storm Front (Montana Rescue, #5)
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • Justice Betrayed (Memphis Cold Case #3)
  • More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1)
  • Driftwood Bay (Hope Harbor, #5)
Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of 80 novels and novellas with over five million copies of her books in print. She is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love.Her numerous awards include the RITA Award, Christy Award, Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Reader’s Choice Award, and the Faith, Hope & Love Reader’s Choice Award, and she is also the ...more

Thunder Creek (2 books)
  • You're Gonna Love Me (Thunder Creek #2)
“She had long ago learned not to refuse when God brought a need to her attention.” 1 likes