Start by marking “The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #3)

The Noble Servant

(A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)

She lost everything to the scheme of an evil servant. But she might just gain what she’s always wanted…if she makes it in time.

The impossible was happening. She, Magdalen of Mallin, was to marry the Duke of Wolfberg. Magdalen had dreamed about receiving a proposal ever since she met the duke two years ago. Such a marriage was the only way she could save her people from sta
Published May 9th 2017 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Noble Servant, please sign up.
Melanie Dickerson Sorry I didn't see your question sooner! Yes, Steffan is the Duke of Wolfberg, and Magdalen met the duke at Thornbeck Castle. This is the third book i…moreSorry I didn't see your question sooner! Yes, Steffan is the Duke of Wolfberg, and Magdalen met the duke at Thornbeck Castle. This is the third book in the Thornbeck series, a.k.a. "A Medieval Fairy Tale" series.(less)
Melanie Dickerson Hi, Kendra! Sorry I'm just now seeing your question. Yes, the book is still set to release May 9, 2017. To be honest, I am still working on it, starti…moreHi, Kendra! Sorry I'm just now seeing your question. Yes, the book is still set to release May 9, 2017. To be honest, I am still working on it, starting my first round of edits, but this is the summary that's up on Amazon right now. It's pretty accurate:
Since meeting Steffan, the Duke of Wolfberg, at Thornbeck Castle, Lady Magdalen has not been able to stop thinking about him. She knows—as a penniless lady with little to offer in terms of a dowry—she has no real hope of marrying such a highly titled man, so it comes as a great surprise when she receives a letter from him, asking for her hand in marriage.

But all is not what it seems at Wolfberg Castle. Steffan has been evicted by his scheming uncle, and his cousin has taken over the title of duke. Left for dead, Steffan is able to escape, and disguised as a shepherd, hopes to gain entry to the castle to claim the items that will prove he is the true Duke of Wolfberg.

Journeying to the castle, Magdalen has no idea what awaits her, but she certainly did not expect her loyal maidservant to turn on her. Forcing Magdalen to trade places with her, the servant plans to marry the duke and force Magdalen to tend the geese.

Without their respective titles—and the privileges that came with them—Steffan and Magdalen are reunited in the shepherd’s field. Together they conspire to get back their rightful titles. But they must hurry . . . or else they risk losing it all to the uncle’s evil plan.(less)

Start your review of The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #3)
Amy
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I said I wasn't going to read any more of Dickerson's fairy tales; at least, I'm pretty sure I did. However, this book is a retelling of the Goose Girl fairy tale! I had to read it! How is a girl to resist that?
Unfortunately...I should have found a way. The story was pleasant enough to finish but quite shallow. The characters fall in love by pining over appearances. They repeat, and repeat, and repeat the same things and lines over and over to themselves and to each other.
Overall, the book was
Alyssa
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I actually really enjoyed this one! I think this may be the best MD book I've read so far.
Shahzoda (PlatinumWriter)
I Received this ARC from Thomas Nelson Fiction via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
And trust me, this review will be brutally honest.
Now, I hate writing scathing reviews almost as much as I like reading them but I’ve learned that in life, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I didn’t find The Noble Servant to my liking and I feel like I have to justify my reasoning, seeing as there are many positive reviews for this book.
First of all, I think I may have started reading it on t
Tina
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
The Noble Servant #3 A Medieval Fairy Tale by Melanie Dickerson

We step back in time of 1365, Barony of Mallin, the Holy Roman Empire replete with fair maidens, dashing lords—often wielding swords, ancient castles, danger, intrigue and...geese.

Hopes and dreams don’t go as planned for Duke of Wolfberg or for Magdalen of Mallin as those who plot against them put their evil plans in motion. The author certainly captures good versus evil within the characters very well. Both Steffan and Magdalen fin
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*sigh*

About this book:

“She lost everything to an evil conspiracy . . . but that loss may just give her all she ever wanted.
But all
Melanie Kilsby
Endearing characters, sweet scenes and great plot twists!

This was mainly a Goose Girl Retelling with a parallel story of the Prince and the Pauper through Stefan, the Duke of Wolfberg. I loved how each had their own story line and when they came together they had to build their relationship, getting to know one another. I personally enjoyed the pace of the book and thought it was reflective to the story of the Goose Girl and appreciated how this relationship had time to grow. True to Melanie's w
Julie Carpenter
I love the story of The Goose Girl and didn't realize that was what this book was about. I'd previously read and listened to (multiple times) "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale and absolutely loved it! This was a fun retelling by another favorite author and it did not disappoint! This one is more of a Christian fiction than Hale's retelling but I loved how it was done.

I'll post my full review when it gets closer to the release date! I can't wait for Melanie Dickerson fans to read it.

----------Fu
Rissa
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook
The noble servant 3.5⭐️

It was a really easy read and quite cute as all are of Melanie Dickersons novels.
Deborah O'Carroll
Melanie Dickerson does it again! Another extremely enjoyable novel from a talented author. :)

I always enjoy Melanie Dickerson’s fairytale novels, and this one was especially enjoyable for some reason! :) It’s the final book in the trilogy which began with The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest and The Beautiful Pretender, and it tells the story of Magdalen, the friend of the heroine in The Beautiful Pretender, which I was very excited about. However, each of the books stands alone (aside from a few r
E.F.B.
I am giving this book 3.5 stars because I liked it just a little less than the first two books in this series (I gave The Huntress of Thornbeck 5 stars, and The Beautiful Pretender 4 stars), but I did not dislike it. It was a light, enjoyable story.

Quite frankly, neither the Goose Girl fairytale, nor the Prince and the Pauper fairytale have ever been my favorites. They can be fun, but by nature of being so straight forward (how many different ways can one have one’s identity stolen or trade plac
Grace Morris
I won a copy from a giveaway. The author or the people running the giveaway did not pay me for a review and all the thoughts here are my own honest opinion.

This was a fun book in the series! Magdalen was a great character in the second book in the series, so it was wonderful having to read from her point of view. So here is what I thought about this book.

The Cover:

Though I thought that this cover is beautiful with the blue dress, yellow skies, and green and white ground, and the geese! I would h
Tammie

First I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher Thomas Nelson for giving me a copy of this book.

3.5 stars. The Noble Servant is the third book in the Medieval Fairy Tale series. I haven't read the first two yet, but this works fine as a stand-alone. The story begins with Lady Magdalen traveling to marry the Duke of Wolfberg in an arranged marriage. Magdalen had met the Duke once two year
Kelly Tyree
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about The Noble Servant. It is a book that draws you in and you just enjoy the characters so much.

Lady Magdalen lives at home with her sisters and her mother. Magdalen's mother treats her poorly and insists she marry well so that she can bring economic relief to her community. Magdalen is surprised to receive a proposal of marriage from the Duke of Wolfberg. They danced two years ago but she had not heard from him since then. As she heads to his castle, her serva
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)

The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson

This story grabs the reader immediately and pulls them straight into the medieval era and Magdalen's life. Dickerson possesses magic in her fingertips because she weaves such a spellbinding tale that the reader cannot put it down! Magdalen's character drew me in with her sweet disposition and her kind and beautiful heart. I had no idea how she would resolve her situation but I knew she would persevere somehow because she never gave up. Her kindness towards o
Cara Putman
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a sweet step back in time to medieval Germany. Magdalen has been forced from her rightful position by a servant and now works as a goose girl. The duke has also lost his position. Together they must try to save their positions so they can save their countries. The plot has threads of danger, romance, and intrigue. It was a sweet story, and one I enjoyed. It is also a retelling of a Grimm tale I wasn't familiar with. Perfect for teen readers and those who enjoy a great story.
Brittany
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Noble Servant was an entertaining fairy tale with a light romance and some villains who were up to no good! This wasn’t my favorite of the author’s novels that I’ve read, however, I did enjoy it and found it to be a rather easy and fast read for me. I also appreciated that it was a clean story and definitely appropriate for teen readers, as well.

I liked the two main characters, Magdalen and Steffan, and enjoyed watching them work to overcome not only those who were plotting against them, but
Galaxy Adventurer
*4.5 stars*

I really enjoyed this book, but I don't think it's my favorite Melanie Dickerson book. It felt more like her Hagenheim series than the Medieval Fairy Tale. And even though I love the cover, it matches the Hagenheim series more as well.
But other than that I didn't really have any other problems with it :)
I loved Magdalen, she's so loyal to her friends, and kindhearted.
I loved Steffan, he's amazing, and I loved his character growth <3
I loved Lenhart, he was so sweet <3 <3
Now Agnes, (vie
Marguerite Gray
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What is it about fairy tales retold that I love? Melanie Dickerson's characters are real men and women with life challenging problems that resonate with good versus evil situations. This story of the goose girl captures the imagination and brings the reader into a fragile world where deception has the possibility to rearrange lives and to delineate social lines.
Raechel Lenore
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
3.5

A continuation to Melanie Dickerson's Medieval FairyTale Series, "The Noble Servant" tells us the tale of Lady Magdalen whom we met in "The Beautiful Pretender". While reading TBP, I was looking forward to reading Lady Magdalen's tale, and so as soon as this came available for review, I grabbed a copy. :)

I found the middle and end of the book the most engaging, though perhaps a little predictable. Still, I enjoyed the book and am sure fans of Melanie Dickerson will enjoy it as well.

I did have
Kara
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: got-review-copy
my rating is 3.5-4
Journey. Betrayal. Survival. Faith. Vindication. Oh and some geese! This was a wonderful story, but for some reason it just didn’t grab my attention until almost halfway through and this is the first time I’ve experienced not relating to the main character in a Dickerson book.

I loved Magdalene’s faith, her heart, and her dedication to her people. Yet I really didn’t see her character growth until much later. She couldn’t believe the evil that forces her to become a servant and
Tricia Mingerink
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a good, sweet read that was easy to pick up and put down while reading over breakfast while not making me late for work.

I was looking forward to this book ever since I read The Beautiful Pretender, which is my favorite Melanie Dickerson book outside of her Regency ones, and I was looking forward to this even more when I realized it was a Goose Girl retelling.

This book delivered...mostly. Magdalen and Steffan made a cute couple, and there were a few harrowing moments
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Lady Magdalen is a woman with a good heart. She agrees to travel for days to marry a man that she met at an event two years ago. The book is set in Medieval times, so this is no small feat. She means to marry him to help her people from the escape the poverty they are experiencing, since the copper mines no longer produce.

She is faced with treachery right from the beginning. The funny thing is that this book is full of treachery. Few are who or what they seem.

Steffan is the Duke returning home a
May 17, 2017 added it
THE NOBLE SERVANT was a very good book. The beginning of the story started with adventure and I really liked that. It was a very fast-paced adventure all the way through.

The characters were very well-written. I really liked how they expressed their feelings. I loved the prayers they said when they got upset.

There was a lot of distrust on both sides and they learned to get over that. The villains seemed to lack backbone, they were doing sneaky underhanded things and didn't want to directly face
Abigail Harris
And I read this one this morning . . . RTC
Camille
While I’m in the process of revising my own fairy tale retelling of The Goose Girl, I couldn’t resist reading Melanie Dickerson’s own adaptation and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was clever how rather than the plot focusing on just one character being usurped, both main characters find themselves pushed from their rightful place and must rely on one another in order to regain their position.

I loved Magdalen, the Lady of Mallin, and thought she was a fantastic heroine with her sweet disp
Melissa
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story from one of my all-time favorite authors. This was an exciting tale with fantastic characters and a storyline that kept me intruiged throughout. There was a great mystery element as well that was an added bonus. Melanie is a can’t miss author for me and this story is a perfect example as to why.
Shantelle
When I got The Noble Servant, I thought, How lovely it is to be reading another one of Melanie Dickerson’s novels! Something about this author’s writing style makes me smile as I start reading. And fairy tale retellings set in the medieval Germany world are just something I can’t pass up.

This newest release is a non-magical retelling of The Goose Girl and The Prince and the Pauper. Lady Magdalen is on her way to marry the Duke of Wolfberg when her maidservant, Agnes, and Agnes’s father, turn Mag
Lexi
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was flippin' AMAZING!!!! I mean good grief, Charlie Brown! Melanie Dickerson, do not EVER stop writing.
I was enthralled with the story from page 1 (as usual). I had never heard of the goose girl story, but I love it. One of my favorite things about Melanie is her ability to emotionally connect me with her characters. I am a sucker for good character development, and this story does not disappoint.
Lady Magdalen was such a sweet character, and Stephen was *sigh* swoon worthy. They were
Elizabeth Dragina
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the retelling!! It totally points to the fact that we all have to learn to be Servants to one another, for by serving others we please our heavenly father! I loved the story it reminded me to not try and serve myself above others, but that others should come first!

Melanie Dickerson is the BEST author that I have found in Christian Romance!! I have always wanted to have the Disney Princesses have a Christian twist to them and she took those stories and made them her own!! I am looking for
Coffee, Chapters ...: The Noble Servant 10 23 Jul 30, 2017 09:16PM
Melanie Dickerson...: The Noble Servant 44 39 May 04, 2017 05:46AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 29, 2016 12:16PM

• For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • An Uncertain Choice (An Uncertain Choice, #1)
  • The Vow (An Uncertain Choice, #0.5)
  • A Worthy Rebel (An Uncertain Choice, #5)
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
  • Always (The Lost Princesses, #0.5)
  • Foremost (The Lost Princesses, #2)
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • Hereafter (The Lost Princesses, #3)
  • Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • Dauntless (Valiant Hearts, #1)
  • Chivalrous (Valiant Hearts, #2)
  • Love in the Ballroom (Women of Worth #5)
  • Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope, #2)
  • A Stranger at Fellsworth (Treasures of Surrey, #3)
  • Unending Devotion (Michigan Brides, #1)
Melanie Dickerson is a New York Times bestselling author, a two-time Christy Award finalist, two-time Maggie Award winner, Carol Award winner, two-time winner of the Christian Retailing's Best award, and her book, The Healer's Apprentice, won the National Readers Choice Award for Best First Book. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). Mel ...more

A Medieval Fairy Tale (3 books)
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • The Beautiful Pretender (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #2)