Start by marking “For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)” as Want to Read:
For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)

For Love and Honor

(An Uncertain Choice #3)

Lady Sabine is harboring a skin blemish, one, that if revealed, could cause her to be branded as a witch, put her life in danger, and damage her chances of making a good marriage. After all, what nobleman would want to marry a woman so flawed?

Sir Bennet is returning home to protect his family from an imminent attack by neighboring lords who seek repayment of debts. Without
Published March 7th 2017 by Zondervan (first published March 2017)

Start your review of For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
Storm
Jun 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
WOW all I can say is, Jody Hedlund has some of the most beautiful covers!! Can I have that dress? PLEASE???
Beth
For Love and Honor is a fun, quick read that is a lovely way to while away a few hours in a world of knight, ladies, chivalry and danger. Sir Bennet is an excellent knight, but he also has an appreciation for beautiful, sacred relics and works of art. Lady Sabine is a collector as well as practical in nature, in the habit of keeping to herself because of a birthmark found on her arm. Sir Bennet has returned to his family home in order to pay the debt accrued by his older brother; in order to do ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is marketed as YA, but it's wonderfully interesting for all ages, in my opinion. I've loved Jody Hedlund's writing since her very first book and I haven't missed one yet.

Set in the Middle Ages, my favorite time period for a novel, Sir Bennett must marry a wealthy woman to pay the debts his older brother has incurred or face a war from his creditors. Lady Sabine is definitely a wealthy noblewoman, but she has a blemish that many fear mark her as a witch.

From here this book just gets better a
Katiria
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
*** Review For Love and Honor on Kati's Bookaholic Rambling Reviews ***

*** I received this book by the BookLook Bloggers Program, thank you so much, thank you so much too Zondervan publishing for the opportunity too read and review For Love and Honor! ***

I absolutely love historical romance and after reading For Love and Honor I wish I read more of them. Because I absolutely loved and enjoyed this amazing book. For Love and Honor was a great clean romance
Galaxy Adventurer
*4.5 stars*
Rissi
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of YA historical or Fans of the 'Uncertain Choice' trilogy
For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund – Medieval Fable Echoes ‘Beauty and the Beast’

The third, and presumably final, novel in Jody Hedlund’s YA historical series rounds to its end with its final Knight, Bennet, finding his own story. In this story there’s a distinct fairy tale quality that doesn’t overshadow the story’s quiet nature, but rather enhances it. There are nods to the Beauty and the Beast fable because of the secret Sabine hides, only the difference here is that Bennet doesn’t know what
Melanie
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
For Love & Honor is the third book in this series and definitely my favorite. I loved the story and it was interesting throughout. The romance was sweet and I loved the humorous banter.

The setting was great and I liked the fight scenes. Also, the last part was the book was intense and almost impossible to stop reading.

All in all, very good and I recommend it. Not sure if this is the final book in the series, but (if so) it was a great way to end things.

*I received a complimentary eBook copy fo
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Oh my goodness. What a delightful heroine is Sabine! Her sense of humor speaks my language and had me smiling often while I was reading. Along with her wit, her insecurity about her appearance makes her real and honest and relatable.

Sir Bennet may not have outward blemishes but he’s not without flaws. Or insecurities. Yet, I’ve been waiting for his story ever since we first met in An Uncertain Choice, because he is so loyal to those he loves and respects. Which is why he finds himself in the pr
Carissa (also The Regency Woman)
I didn't think it possible. But I actually enjoyed For Love and Honor. Considering how much I detested, and yes I know it's a strong word but very true, the first two books in the series, I wasn't holding out much hope.

Lady Sabine is wealthy, considers herself plain, practical, and hides a skin blemish that could very easily get her accused of witchcraft. Sir Bennet is the younger son of a family whose eldest son suffered great personal loss and in his grief managed to gamble enough of the inher
Brittany
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have loved each of the stories in the An Uncertain Choice series. The books can be read as stand alone novels or enjoyed as a collection. They are perfect for teens and adults, alike. As wonderful as each novel has been, For Love and Honor is my favorite of the three!

The way Lady Sabine felt about herself throughout most of the novel really caught at my heart. Not only did she view herself as plain when compared to others, she just knew that no one could ever love her with the terrible skin bl
Irene Sim
UPDATE 04/26/2017
For readathon-2017: 6/26
In the category: "A book that takes place before 1800"
Woman author: 4/14
************

What I love the most about reading a clean romance is that when you remove all the hotness, lust and sexiness (even though they have their uses at times) of many romances, you are left with a huge dosage of pure, undiluted, heartwarming feelings. And in this series, Jody Hedlund left me with a full heart.

"She was a cool drink for my parched soul."

I loved Sabine and Sir Be
Hallie Szott
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The third Noble Knight, Sir Bennet, gets his chance for love (in the most unexpected way) in Jody Hedlund’s A Daring Sacrifice. With all the beloved elements of An Uncertain Choice and A Daring Sacrifice, this novel takes readers on a medieval adventure, full of danger, deception, and romance.

Full review posted on Book by Book.

Thanks to Celebrate Lit, I received a complimentary copy of For Love & Honor and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive revie
Joleen
April 1391
Hampton, England

Synopsis:

During this time period Lady Sabine's skin discoloration could mean a death sentence if seen. She would be called out as a witch, and not much could exonerate her nor save her from being burned at the stake.

Her grandmother has devised a way for her to marry; unfortunately it's to a man who needs her money to save the family estate, which his older brother has put in extreme debt.

Sir Bennet returns home to find he has possibly only a month to protect his family
This was an ok read. The story had potential, but the telling of it was a little lackluster. First person narratives aren’t my favorite so I️ don’t think that helped things. The historical aspect of this was fair but unfortunately undermined by the modern language spoken by the characters.

Despite all that, I️ appreciated how clean this was and how there wasn’t really any OP drama. The H was a genuinely good guy and the h, even with all her tstl moments, was likable and tried to make the best of
Rebecca
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
"They're priceless treasures. Each marking or chip makes them even more special."

Can Lady Sabine ever consider herself free of blemish; constantly hiding her marked skin beneath the covering of her gloves? Will it be her demise; being that her fellow countrymen think such disfigurement is a sure sign of witchery? Can it prevent her from a suitable engagement; denying her marital bliss in spite of her kind nature, independent spirit, considerable knowledge of the arts; not to mention her vast fo
Caitlyn Santi
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been loving these books ever since the first one released and I remember being so excited when I learned that we would get a chance to see each of the three handsome knights find love and happiness! While I was thrilled at getting to read Bennet's story I was also a bit saddened that this is the last book in the series (At least as far as I know) forcing me to say goodbye to these characters that have become like friends to me!
I really liked Sabine, and thought she and Bennet were a perfect
Amy
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read every book Jody Hedlund has ever written, and while I've enjoyed them all, I do believe the three books in this YA medieval fantasy series are my favorites. Packed with action, adventure, daring rescues, chivalric heroes, brave heroines, swoon-worthy romance, and strong themes of faith and sacrifice, these stories really do have it all, and For Love and Honor is no exception! Hedlund's truly hit a stride with these books, and I hope this won't be the last!

I received and advanced read
Emily
Lady Sabine has kept a terrible secret, a skin blemish that could have her branded as a witch and burned at the stake or drowned. Because of this secret, she has given up on her dream of marriage because she cannot let herself hope that any man will see beyond it to who Sabine really is. So when her grandmother cooks up another matchmaking scheme, Sabine is ready to deflect it … until she starts feeling attraction to the man, Sir Bennet.

For Love and Honor is yet another of Jody Hedlund’s fantast
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is the third book in this series that I LOVE. I've been waiting and watching for this book- it was a pre-order, auto buy for me. It's one of my favorite series. You don't have to read them in order, but there are some cross over characters that you may appreciate more if you do.

The characters really make this story shine. They are perfectly imperfect. Strong with weakness. Insecurities, but still courageous. I loved them.
Kara
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preordered
Wow, I have simply loved this series!! This one might be the most beautiful cover of the three and ALL three have gorgeous covers :) Lady Sabine is another fave character of mine, her quick wit and sense of humor was delightful! Sir Bennet is truly an honorable man and has such growth from the beginning to the end. Also LOVED an appearance from the other knights and the Duke of Rivenshire, they arrive JUST in time and are perfect in the story!!

My favorite character was Sabine's grandmother, for
Bekah (WillBakeforBooks)
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Lady Sabine is a rich noblewoman who has spent her seventeen years hiding a secret, a birthmark on her arm that could label her a witch in such superstitious times. Sir Bennet longs for a deep and true love like the ones his two knight friends found but feels a duty to his family to marry for money. His grief-stricken brother gambled himself into massive debts and the people he owes are coming to collect. Trying to avoid a war and protect his family, Bennet strives to win Sabine’s heart. At the ...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance, ya
This book is sweet as can be.

Lady Sabine isn't a beauty, and she has a large purple birthmark on her arm that labels her as a witch. Lord Bennett is as handsome as a man can be, but he's also honorable, passionate, and loyal. When the two of them get pushed together by circumstances beyond their control, they're surprised to find themselves falling for each other.

This is a good book to read if you like Melanie Dickerson's YA novels. It has the same sweet feel to it. It's the third book in a seri
English
I shall humbly admit, the first two thirds of this book were an improvement on the last two, without all the silly, historically inaccurate rubbish that marred the two previous titles, and the disturbing obsession with torture. It was actually rather enjoyable with some of the banter between the two main characters, Sir Bennett and Lady Sabine. I would even go as far as to say that some of the details were quite credible, with Sabine’s interest in reading and some of the works mentioned. There w ...more
Dawn
My Thoughts:
I think I've read everything that Jody Hedlund has written. This is the third book in the author's young adult series.

I really enjoyed this book. It is helpful to have read the others first because that's where the reader is really introduced to Sir Bennet. I loved how he was determined to care for his family. I also loved Lady Sabine. I thought she was witty and a good match for Sir Bennet.

This was a fast read. I love to read about knights and their ladies. Since I knew that this
Camille
I read the first book in this series, An Uncertain Choice, nearly two years ago, and while I enjoyed the sweet story it was marred with excessive descriptions of torture that made me hesitant to pick up other books in the series. However, when I found out For Love and Honor was a story free of such gruesome details, I decided to take a chance to re-immerse myself in this medieval world of gallant knights, fair ladies, castles, chivalry, and danger. I’m really happy I did.

Sir Bennet, a younger s
Deborah O'Carroll
I was RIDICULOUSLY pleased when I finished reading this and realized I didn't HAVE to review it, because I got it from the library = no obligations!!!

(Seriously, the amount of relief I felt was absurd. I think I need to take a break from being a book blogger or something. XD)

Consider the irony of the fact that I ended up writing out my brief thoughts anyway. >.<

I'm a sad case. Send help.

Aaanyway...

My brief thoughts for anyone who's curious:

• Loved the sarcastic banter and dialog!
• Not so keen o
Gracelyn Buckner
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

This is definitely my favorite in this series! Really great read!
Elizabeth Dragina
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book like the rest of Jody Hedlund's work. I love the cover and the story line. The drama in this book kept me excited because I love drama.
The Overweight Bookshelf
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full post: http://www.overweightbookshelf.com/20...

Do you ever read a story and think of a character, "Oh yes, we would be best friends." Sabine is a heroine who speaks my language (fluent sarcasm), and leads with her heart and intellect. She is a medieval heroine for the modern reader. Sir Bennett it is the epitome of an honourable knight, and his brain rivals the appeal of his brawn-although he is very handsome indeed. Readers will be enamoured by the breadth of his devotion to his family and
Betty Strohecker
This final book in Hedlund's medieval trilogy was a real delight! Three of the finest knights of the realm were introduced in book one when the Noblest Knight, the Duke of Rivenshire, presented them to Lady Rosemarie in a contest to win her affection. Now, we have Sir Bennett's story, who is called home by his mother to save Maidstone Castle, put into extreme debt by his brother, the heir. Sir Bennett's mother believes the only answer is for him to marry a wealthy young woman, which he is totall ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 25, 2016 11:11AM

• The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #3)
  • The Princess Spy (Hagenheim, #5)
  • The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • The Warrior Maiden (Hagenheim, #9)
  • The Silent Songbird (Hagenheim, #7)
  • The Orphan's Wish (Hagenheim, #8)
  • The Beautiful Pretender (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #2)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3)
  • The Golden Braid (Hagenheim, #6)
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • Magnolia Summer (Southern Seasons, #1)
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
  • The Headmistress of Rosemere (Whispers on the Moors, #2)
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Full Steam Ahead (Full Steam Ahead, #1)
Jody Hedlund is the author of over twenty historicals for both adults and teens and is the winner of numerous awards including the Christy, Carol, and Christian Book Award.

Jody lives in central Michigan with her husband, five busy children, and five spoiled cats. Although Jody prefers to experience daring and dangerous adventures through her characters rather than in real life, she’s learned that

An Uncertain Choice (5 books)
  • An Uncertain Choice (An Uncertain Choice, #1)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
  • A Worthy Rebel (An Uncertain Choice, #5)