Start by marking “The Secrets of Master Brewers: Techniques, Traditions, and Homebrew Recipes for 26 of the World’s Classic Beer Styles, from Czech Pilsner to English Old Ale” as Want to Read:

Best-selling author Jeff Alworth takes serious beer aficionados on a behind-the-scenes tour of 26 major European and North American breweries that create some of the world’s most classic beers. Learn how the Irish make stout, the secrets of traditional Czech pilsner, and what makes English cask ale unique by delving deep into the specific techniques, equipment, and geograp ...more
Published March 21st 2017 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Master Brewers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Master Brewers

Brian's Book Blog
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Great Story and Reference

As someone who still really needs to take the dive into home brewing – I knew I had to read this book. I don’t know what’s holding me back (other than the fact that I work a full-time job and write both a book and a beer blog in my downtime. Along with being married and wanting to start a family). But, homebrewers always find time to make their beer and I really want to get into it. I think if my dad was closer we would have already done numerous batches together and f
Stuart
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alworth goes into his usual detail on beer styles, shattering myths along the way, and then shows you how to brew the kind of beer you were just reading about. History and beer recipes, the perfect combination.
Todd Voelker
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best brewing book I've read for taking the next step from amateur home brewing to a more serious pursuit. By diving deep into various tradition styles, you learn a ton about specific techniques.
Natasha du Plessis
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is not for the novice home brewer this is something that Jeff mentions at the start of the book and also something that is true. I loved how he divided the book into the different beer brewing countries and their styles. He gave first hand knowledge of each style by talking with the brew masters themselves. I loved the writing style as well as the description of the beer styles as you can nearly taste the beer as he describes it.
Very well written and a book that I will certainly revisi
Mary Reagan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Some good insight into beer styles. I did the audio book and some of the sections weren't as audio friendly as others. But overall a great listen.
Michael Travis
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beer
A great source of brewing info with a nice collection of recipes. You travel the world gaining an understanding of the different styles and methods of brewing.
Glitter Glidden
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the experienced brewer, this well-rounded book clearly divulges the tips & tricks (e.g. recipes & notes) for making a range of beers as well as reviewing beer-types and trends by region.
Eric Hinson
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read, lots of great info. Cheers to Jeff for sharing the secrets.
Marc