Start by marking “Snotgirl #1” as Want to Read:
Snotgirl #1

Snotgirl #1

(Snotgirl #1)

WHO IS LOTTIE PERSON? Is she a gorgeous, fun-loving social media star with a perfect life or a gross, allergy-ridden mess? Enter a world of snot, blood, and tears in this new ongoing series from New York Times Best Seller BRYAN LEE O’MALLEY (Scott Pilgrim) and dazzling newcomer LESLIE HUNG!
Paperback
Published July 20th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Snotgirl #1, please sign up.
Christy yeah, the entire snotgirl storyline is fiction!

Shannon
I'm really hoping there's more to this series than just "vapid girl has allergies."
Sam Quixote
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
After the brilliant Scott Pilgrim series and the hugely enjoyable Seconds, Bryan Lee O’Malley’s earned a lot of trust from me. So when I heard his next project was Snotgirl, about a fashion blogger with allergies, I was excited because I thought O’Malley would take this seemingly uninteresting concept and spin gold out of it – and unfortunately he hasn’t. Snotgirl is the first O’Malley comic that was both very boring and unexpectedly quite annoying to read.

There’s not really a lot to say about
Coleen (The Book Ramblings)
Aug 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sequential-art, 2016
The only aspect of this comic that I enjoyed was the artwork. The first issue is always the set up for the story line and introduction into the characters, which is sometimes difficult to pace everything out properly, but it just felt all over the place and just a big mash-up. The ending came out of nowhere, and wasn't what I expected, but the only aspect of this issue that would ever-so-slightly spark my interest in knowing what happens next. Although, at the same time, I don't care to pick up ...more
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
THAT ENDING THOUGH.

This was... different. Lottie seems like a really complex character. There were moments where I disliked her, but then moments where I really connected to her. It's cool having a MC the same age as me too. The story seems really unique and the art and colours are absolutely stunning. I'm definitely excited to keep reading this!!
Maxine Marsh
You will not be able to explain why you love this comic but you will. Badass ending, they don't catch you like that anymore. Give this a chance, one issue and you'll be intrigued in the weirdest way.
Jeannette Nikolova
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

As gross as the title sounds, Snotgirl is absolutely the best first issue I read from this year's Image comics Humble Bundle.

For starters, the art is gorgeous! Even when it's kind of disgusting, it's also drawn with style.

I had theories about the plot, but I didn't manage to crack what's actually going on with Snotgirl, but it a completely positive way, because I'm now very excited to continue reading on.

And also, happy to say that Brian Lee O'Malley is
Victoria ♡
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-comics
I decided that in 2018 I'm gonna start reading the first issue of a comic online before I dive in and buy a volume...

I wasn't gonna read Snotgirl when I saw it in a bookshop but after reading the first issue it's really different than I expected!! That ending though!! I'll probably be carrying on with this one!
Kelli
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: single-issue
Totally weird and about everything I hate (fashion, unnecessary drama, allergies?) but for some reason I can't look away and I need more! The same pop culture, lighthearted yet serious feel that O'Malley brought to Scott Pilgrim, but this time our protagonist is a selfish (but endearingly so?) fashion blogger surrounded by all kinds of other caricature type friends that we all know. Her ex is dating one of her former interns, which is unacceptable, but Lottie is trying to focus on the positive w ...more
Kim
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Ummmm what?? That ending???

Okay so I wasn't liking this at all. I felt kinda grossed out and didn't like the main character's personality at all. I know we were seeing how many insecurities she had which was supposed to make her more relatable I guess, but she is truly ugly on the inside and I just can't commit to reading a series based on that.

But that damn cliff hanger!!! Unffff I wanna know what happens!! 😫
Kevin
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Really wasn't loving this book, I'm not the Fashion Blogger type, but that ending will have me coming back for issue 2.
Stacy
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-for-work
I liked this. It has an unnatural quality of sharing characters who resemble people I know in my life. There is a believable selfishness that exists in our protagonist, that exists while also driving me to be fond of the character, too. I say this because these themes aren't common nor easy to produce in a project. There was some confusion at the end (and a twist, DID NOT SEE IT COMING) about what happened. I had to reread the last few pages because passive reading left me unprepared for the con ...more
Amanda
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I was expecting to be a little jolted by the fact that we're getting a Bryan Lee O'Malley story but for the first time, not Bryan Lee O'Malley's art work to go along with it. And I have to say, Bryan Lee O'Malley and Leslie Hung are a dream team.
Luna Valentine
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have one thing to ask

What did I just read?
TRACE
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I admit I might be a lil biased because I know Leslie - but hell nah, I know I would have loved this regardless. It feels so damn good on my eyeballs and is relevant to everything that is me. It is on brand, if you will....................
Lorena
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: hq-mang-s
Jeez, I love Bryan Lee's comics, his drawing, his stories...

Snotgirl is as funny as Scott Pilgrim (which I have to finish the series asap), so if you have read SP and enjoyed, you should give Snotgirl a chance :)
Eleanne
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm overall confused but I want to keep reading because there was a huge cliffhanger at the end...
Damarcia ♡
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: irl-book-shelf
I had heard so many good things about this comic, and after quickly glancing through it in the store and falling in love with the art of it, I knew I had to buy myself a copy to see if it was worth the hype. Personally, I enjoyed it a whole lot. Lottie seems like an interesting character. It's only the first issue so we still don't really know too much about her besides her age, the fact she's a fashion blogger, and that she has allergies (also, why is this important for us to know? hmmm.) The e ...more
Racheal
Aug 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Holy WOW does this feel out of touch. It's super "ikr idek omg lolololllollol", plus the main character is a "fashion blogger" without ever acknowledging that that's...not really a thing anymore. Of course there are people still living the entirety of their unrealistically perfect lives online, but "fashion bloggers" had their heyday in about 2009. This reads like a story written by guy who read a bunch of teen manga from the mid 2000s and decided to write what he thought would be a hard hitting ...more
Daniella
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
HOLY COW, THAT WAS WAY BETTER THAN ANTICIPATED!

I love Bryan Lee O'Malley's work on Scott Pilgrim and Seconds, but this was wild. Only the first copy and I'm in love with the art, I'm dying for more backstory, I'm really interested in the characters, and I need the next issue right now! (Why does it not come out until late August...)

Would recommend to anyone who likes comics, quick reads, and lighthearted-while-also-lowkey-serious reads.
Joansie
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I came here for Bryan but Leslie also killed it. (Pun intended.) While I'm not particularly interested in fashion (don't understand it) or allergies (just CAN'T stand it) I did, somehow, enjoy this issue. The dialogue, whilst being a little smug, was still fun and had a clueless feel to it but the ending flipped me over and spun me sideways in a jolt of shock horror surprise. What on Earth just occured?! Excited to see where this one goes with #2..
Jessrawk
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
A gorgeous, superfun read for the first in the series. It has that O'Malley flair & seriousness that makes you fall for the main character immediately. Excited to see where this weird little venture goes.
Tiffany Fox
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Don't know how I should feel about this title! I don't normally go for the girly story lines but this one has me wanting to know what happens next.
Bambi Hyde
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for this and it didn't disappoint. The art is gorgeous and Lottie is so flawed but likeable. I will definitely be continuing this series.
Stuart
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great first chapter cant wait for the next one!
Anna Heidick
Nov 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
One thing that slightly bothered me about this comic, is it seems like the writer thinks you're a moron. Trust me, the writer who made this issue must think their readers need stuff spelled out to them over and over again. Primary example that's not really a spoiler: They want you to know the main character is a 'fashion blogger'. 1st page, image of Lottie's fashion blog, 3rd page big bold text with 'Lottie Person Fashion Blogger Style: effortlessly chic', 4th page Lottie is sort of friends with ...more
Trisha
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: INFP mammals
I badly wanted to read this without knowing its background because of its art and BRYAN LEE O'MALLEY (!!), but I actually read the synopsis before reading this (plus interviews with Leslie Hung and Bryan Lee O'Malley), and being my first time to read a comic book, I think it's not okay to start reading comics with Snotgirl, or maybe if I have to check out Bryan Lee O'Malley's work, I really have to start with Scott Pilgrim. You may also find it dumb for me to have this as my first comic book but ...more
Mat Brewster
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim series is some of my favorite comic books ever. Its funny, quirky, at times even moving and it vibes well with 80s and early 90s gaming culture that I grew up with. I’ve also read his book Seconds which I devoured in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed.

This is why I did a blind buy on Snotgirl even though that’s a terrible title and a precursory look showed it to be a very different sort of book from those others. Having just finished Vol. 1 I am honestly not su
Curtis
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-goals
Not surprising that BLO nails what it's like to be an insecure millennial (ex issues, social media obsession, etc) - again, in this original series.

This time he takes on a fashion-blogger character with very aggressive allergies.

His dialogue and supporting cast are very fun and relatable.

The artwork by Leslie Hung is fabulous , a hyper realistic but anime-ish vibe. (I'm gonna keep an eye on her work from now on.)

And let's not forget, Mickey Quinn's colors, the unsung hero of Snotgirl.

SG # 1 wil
Ronnie Catcus
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
The art is pretty. But the story felt out of touch. With translations of basic text chat phrases everyone learned at least back in 2004 (literally explaining that 2 = to and g2g = got to go) and the main character is a fashion blogger, which isn't really much of a thing now? It felt outdated despite references to Snapchat so clearly it's meant to take place around the time it was originally published. On top of it all this wasn't compelling. The ending of this issue felt random and didn't encour ...more
Mariah
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Snotgirl was a comic I liked, but didn't love.

Liked: I liked the art work and how bright it is.

Disliked: Lottie seems like a hard character for me to like. She is very preppy, seems addicted to social media and talks like a valley girl. Not my favorite character. I will admit seeing her struggles with allergies shows how we present a perfect life on social media without showing our insecurities which is accurate with social media.

I am interested to continue on with the series, but wouldn't bu
« previous 1 3 next »

• Saga #39
  • L'Incal: Ce qui est en haut (The Incal, #4)
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. IV of X (V for Vendetta, #4)
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more

Snotgirl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Snotgirl #2