Start by marking “After Hours (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 2)” as Want to Read:
After Hours (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 2)

After Hours

(Poppy McGuire Mysteries #2)

The second book in the Poppy McGuire Mystery Series!

While life in Sunset Ridge is quaint and charming during the day, what happens after the sun goes down might shock the citizens of this small town. Things are heating up in Poppy McGuire's home town, and it isn't just the July weather.

Poppy and her new partner Alex have their eyes opened to the realities of Sunset
Published May 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about After Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Hours

Start your review of After Hours (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 2)
Sandee
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ereader
I didn't enjoy the first half of this book. The character Poppy explains everything. She explains not only what she saw and thought but why she had each thought. She even explains the expressions on Alex's face and why a person's name caused her misjudgement of their age. We are also told, over and over, that Poppy and Alex are opposites. However, once you get through the first half of the book, there is some improvement. The over-explaining slows down and they focus more on the relationships, ...more
Denise
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
'After Hours' was a good addition to a fun series. I enjoyed the story line and how it played out. Poppy is always a fun, honest and intriguing character. I love her tenacity. She gets an idea and runs with it. Alex is a great detective and between them, they make an awesome pair. I look forward to reading more.
JOHN P LINTZ SR
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good mystery and a good read.

I like the characters. Poppy McGuire, amateur detective and full time journalist is full of self doubt and insecurity as she solves a murder mystery with her self-assured Detective partner who is trying to live with the lost love of his recently deceased wife.
Ellen White
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Murder at the hook up hotel, guess this little town does have a seedy part.
Was he staying there because of what he was selling, and who was buying his items, Looked like, jealousy, revenge killing. Interesting, good plot of what led to this happening.
Trudi Jorda
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
An enjoyable read with a non detective and a real detective teaming up to solve crimes and to find a way to deal with the pain of loss. Two different people with two different ways to solving crimes and two different ways of solving their individual losses and solving crimes! Enjoy!
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poppy McGuire

Very entertaining book, second in the series, was free so I downloaded the book. Surprised how entertaining the storyline is. I loved the characters and storytelling. Can’t wait to read the others books.
Neena Christianson Martin
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jealousy

It seems like all the suspects in the latest murder have one thing in common--jealousy. Including Poppy when her friend Bethany decides to go for Alex. Their little town is turning into a hotbed of crime.
Anne
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book(the first one I've read by this author) it was well written with very believable characters. I enjoyed the little hint of romance but it didn't take away from the mystery. I look forward to reading another book by this author.
Yvonne Meyer
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goid series.

Love these books by this author. Love the characters and their interactions with each other. These books offer drama, mystery, family and a little romance too.
Rita Dempski
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoy

This book was well written. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did. Happy reading my friends.
Edna Ritchie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Murder two

Good news this is better than the 1st one so keep reading it got better. Have to go back and fourth at one point then it's up to you.
Ed Carpenter
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Which way did she go?

I loved this book. It was a fun mixture of mystery, detective work, romance(almost), and hard to put down. I recommend it to anyone who likes a few twists.
E
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fun cozy mystery and a Kindle freebie.
Sherry McWilliams
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and interesting.
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Second book in the series and I recommend starting with The 11th Hour, book 1. Popp and Alex are at it again. Their partnership is set now and they are still fighting their way through their feelings, but as far as murders go, they are on their game. This time, a traveling salesman is murdered in his hotel room on the outskirts of Sunset Ridge. This isn’t your Hilton or Four Seasons, this is the place you go and can pay for a few hours of privacy with the person who’s not your spouse.
As Poppy
Crystal
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
As Poppy
judy frymyer
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
It could be a little scarier and not a

all ays the same story. I amgetiing ready to read the last book, for two reason I try to all ways fi ish hat start a and I am home sick in bed. Nothing better to do!
Kim
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

Alex and Poppy are at it again. I love seeing their relationship build even if they can't seem to figure it out. Bethany may not be what she seems time will tell. I can't wait to see what happens next with Alex and Poppy.
Valerie Hodge
Mar 07, 2018
Isabella
Apr 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Starboard Secrets (Cruise Ship Christian Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Dial P For Poison (Movie Club Mysteries, #1)
  • You've Got Tail (Peculiar Mysteries, #1)
  • Case of the Green-Dressed Ghost (Dr Ribero's Agency of the Supernatural #1)
  • Murder in the Aisle (Merry Summerfield Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Murder at the Mayan Temple (Starling and Swift Mystery #1)
  • Spirits, Stilettos and a Silver Bustier (Pyper Rayne, #1)
  • Serving Up Suspects (Little Dog Diner Book 2)
  • Dishing Up Deceit (Little Dog Diner Book 3)
  • Dead and Breakfast (New Orleans To Go Cup Chronicles, #2)
  • Murder Over Cocktails (Nikki Hunter Mysteries, #2)
  • Death in Room 7 (Pine Lake Inn #1)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Creek Crisis (Ollie Stratford Mystery #2)
  • Bitter Roots (Bitter Root Mysteries, #1)
  • The Haunting of Bell Mansion: Book 0
  • Death By Rum Balls (The New Orleans Go Cup Chronicles #4)
  • Ghostly Ordeal (A Harper Harlow Mystery, #12)
Anina Collins has always loved a good mystery. As a child, her favorite books were Nancy Drew books passed down from her grandmother, and as she grew up, she moved on to Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and their famous detectives. She currently lives in North Carolina and writes her Poppy McGuire Mystery series.

Poppy McGuire Mysteries (4 books)
  • The Eleventh Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 1)
  • Top of the Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 3)
  • The Darkest Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 4)