Start by marking “Flashpoint (Drive Maker Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Flashpoint (Drive Maker Trilogy #1)

Flashpoint

(Drive Maker #1)

What is the cost of peace?

Guilt-ridden over her role in the cataclysmic Order War, Taylor Ghatzi decided to retire from galactic politics and dedicate her life to the Emergency Service—until a deadly terror attack strikes her home world, and she may be the only one able to unravel the mystery behind it.

Meanwhile, Cherran DeGuavra, the son of the most important statesman
Paperback

To ask other readers questions about Flashpoint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashpoint

Start your review of Flashpoint (Drive Maker Trilogy #1)
Meenaz Lodhi
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For a novel writer, Adam's story is original and well written. The political unrest galactic wide is thought provoking, the characters are well defined, full of action and mind advanced humans, a great combination!
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the first book in a sci-fi space opera trilogy and is an excellent first book by a young author.

The galaxy is still healing from the Order War which claimed billions of lives in the quest for freedom from the repressive Galactic Government. Ten years ago marked the final battle, and General Taylor Ghatzi, a powerful telekinetic female humanoid, was on the front line at the point of the Pyrrhic victory. It's where Taylor lost her friend and partner, Prince Steve.

Now, the galaxy is
David Huelsmann
I was an inveterate science fiction reader. In fact that was about all I would read. Now that I am older my interests, of course, have broadened quite a bit. Unfortunately, this science fiction novel is just about as bad as it gets. Termed are thrown in willy nilly without any definition. People pop up all olver the place that the author seems to assume you know. Simply just no worth reading at all.
The Mysterious Reader
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Space Opera on a grand scale with action, adventure and high level politics and intrigue, this is a great start for a series - and at a low, low bargain kindle price (zero) that (really) can't be beat!
Patricia Kearns
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue in the skies

A tale that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Aliens enslaving a planet. Power struggles, murder and
a war on the brink. It a race against time to unravel all the plots.
If you like adventure with plenty of action, you are going to love this
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this Sci-Fi book. One thing's for sure: I'd love to own an SX-7! I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy. :)
Kristine
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Flashpoint was hard to get into at first but it was also my first space opera reading. After you got some of the characters down, things started flowing smoothly from there. Some authors let you read about space... Adam Quinn successfully made me feel a part of space. I really did enjoy it.
Cherie
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Taylor Ghatzi must re-enter the world she'd left behind in order to stop another galaxy war in Adam Quinn's Flashpoint. Most of this space opera novel is told from Taylor's point of view. A telekinetic now working in emergency services, she embraces her military background, which makes her a strong character, although sometimes I felt a bit distanced from her. She lets down her mask, though, by the end. The other view point is from the diplomat Cherran DeGuavra. Cherran easily became my favorite ...more
AK Mama Reads
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the scifi book I've been missing all year. Imagine if Starship Troopers was written by L Ron Hubbard and Christopher Nolan, then you'd have an inkling of the tone of this book. Though not the plot because it's completely original and action packed, sans giant alien bugs. There are definitely aliens. But they aren't generally some slimy dudes, they are much more like humans. Sometimes indistinguishable, sometimes not. Although the jargon does take some getting used to, I liked the ...more
Julie Stafford
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definitely a Space Opera
I have never read a space opera before so I really didn't know what to expect. Adam Qinn introduces you to a world he created that is definitely exciting, interesting and moves quickly. His characters are fully fleshed out almost immediately. And as the story progresses he continues to fill in the world he has created. It took a bit for me to understand what was happening and to get into the story. But once there I didn't want to leave it. He does use a lot of words I had
Trisha Perry
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Taylor goes back and tries to save her homeworld from total destruction doing the one thing she never wanted to do again, but she might be the only one that can stop it. But there are also other political tug a wars going on across the galaxy that might do even more damage if not handled right and by the proper people. Can the son of a dead politician help prevent another huge mistake from happening?

This book sends you to many places and you meet a lot of people, and if you can keep them all
David P. Duffy
Low-Brow, Low Budget SciFi Dross

"Flashpoint (Book 1 of the Drive Maker Trilogy)," is a low-brow, low budget, amateurish SciFi dross. The writing is immature and juvenile in execution, while the storyline arc is inane.

Set 10,000 years in the future, humanity is throughout the galaxy, aliens abound, telekinesis is routine, swords are still basic weapons, and knockoffs of Jedis float around. There are competing and combative sects following the breakup of a Galactic Government.

It is corny and dumb.
Samantha Sterling
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This first installment of the Drive Maker series kicks things off in high gear! Adam does an excellent job of building a futuristic world that still reflects many of the norms that are relevant in society today, which makes it easy for the reader to imagine the evolution from our time to Taylor's time. Taylor, the heroine of this story is a relatable character that struggles to overcome her aversion to the spotlight that her name constantly brings her, all while doing everything that she can to ...more
Hmr28
Sep 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Dnf
Lisa P
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A space opera, set in a plausible future filled with political intrigue, different species, and special abilities. This is told mainly from Taylor's point of view. The book has a really good pace, good world building, great characters and some of their backstory, action, tech, and humor. Good start to the series.
Heidi
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The author gave me this book in return for an honest review. It took me a while to get into this book, there are a lot of acronyms I found distracting. By about 20% I was hooked and couldn't put it down. There is a lot of action. I enjoyed the characters and I am hoping to get to know them all a little better in the next book. Overall a very well written book, with enjoyable characters
Jamie
Kimberly
Nov 03, 2016
Susan
Apr 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This was the first book by Adam Quinn that I had read so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was an interesting SciFi story. For a debut novel it was pretty good. I plan on reading the next book in the series to see what happens.
Kelli Santistevan
Jun 23, 2017
Frank Bertino
Sep 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Death Ship (Danforth Saga, #5)
  • The Mis-Education of the Negro
  • Wiggly the Worm
  • The Willie Lynch Letter: aka The Making of a Slave (Annotated)
  • The Templar Concordat
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
  • Back Story (Reed Ferguson Mystery #10)
  • Scrapyard Ship (Scrapyard Ship, #1)
  • Duel in the Dark (Blood on the Stars, #1)
  • Yucatán Dead (Kate Jones Thriller #2)
  • Death Comes eCalling (Molly Masters Mystery #1)
  • Quarterdeck
  • Farewell, My Deuce (Reed Ferguson Mystery #4)
  • The Deep Blue Alibi (Solomon vs. Lord, #2)
  • Ambrosius (Leader of Battles, #1)
  • The Rifters
  • The First Pharaoh
  • The King's Justice (Stanton & Barling, #1)
Adam Quinn is a Chicago-based author of science fiction and space opera. When he’s not writing about the technology of the future, he’s studying engineering so that one day he can help create it.

Looking for more of Adam’s work? Check out his facebook page , or his website at adamquinnauthor.com to learn about all his current work, and subscribe to his newsletter to make sure you’re the first to

Drive Maker (3 books)
  • Pressure Point (Drive Maker Trilogy #2)
  • Zero Point (Drive Maker Trilogy, #3)