Start by marking “Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)” as Want to Read:
Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)

Roman

(Cold Fury Hockey #7)

New York Times bestselling author Sawyer Bennett steams up the ice all over again as the Carolina Cold Fury hockey team’s hottest bad boy gets his first taste of something good.

In a league full of troublemakers, Cold Fury defenseman Roman Sýkora stands out—at least when it comes to negative publicity. When he’s not chilling in the penalty box, the sizzling Czech ska
Published February 21st 2017 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Roman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roman

Christy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!!!

photo 50B49C07-1316-4212-AB8B-DBA1745D54EB_zpsxldepury.jpg

Roman is the seventh book in Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury series. If you’ve read the first six, you know that the Brannon’s play a large role with the Cold Fury team. Brain Brannon and his daughter Gray (from Ryker’s book) run the show. They both have a big part in this story. In fact, this book is different from the others because it’s not just from Roman and Lexi’s POV. It’s from Roman, Lexi and Brian’s POV.

Lexi Robertson has recently moved to North Carolina. After losing her mother less than a
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sawyer Bennett Fans, Hockey, Romance
4.5 Multi-Layered and All of Them Good Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free >t's Live!!!

Disclaimer: My intoxication with this cover caused me to breakdown and learn how to insert a graphic for my review. I am not ashamed to say.... Damn...Whoever this fella is...He was the perfect Roman for me. Period.

We are so lucky in our lives because we are exposed to so many cultures every day. We meet those who have been raised differently from us and with this interaction... it opens our eyes and hearts to new understanding of others. SawyerPeriod.
WeLive!!!

Disclaimer:
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{Netgalley ARC}

photo tumblr_mz3sl9yBxn1rwh0pyo1_500_zpstip5htbv.gif

ROMAN is book seven in the Cold Fury series and I’d dare to say that it became one of my favorites! It has a sexy as hell, bad boy NHL player and an eccentric Heroine who you can’t help but root for to find her HEA. Not only do we get two new main characters, but we have a couple of secondary characters whose budding romance almost outshines the storyline
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

I enjoyed this one. Not as much as MAX, but it was still an enjoyable read for the most part. That said because of the two different romances taking place at the same time I was left feeling disconnected from both of them.

Roman and Lexi were sweet together, but I didn't feel any overwhelming passion between them. Everything just seemed to be resolved easily or swept under the rug. Hell, the sex wasn't even that hot. Brian and Georgia although cute together, in my opinion, should have been a se
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.75 STARS

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

3.75 is such an ambivalent rating and I usually only use the .75 ones when I'm really torn about it. I love Sawyer Bennett's flavor of low angst stories and I enjoyed Roman quite a bit.

Just before her mom passed away more than half a year ago she told Lexi the truth about her father. Equipped with the knowledge that she is Cold Fury's owner's daughter she moves to Raleigh. Whil
Sabrina
3.5 Stars

Roman is Cold Fury's badboy player that's usually making headlines with his gives-no-shit attitude and penchant for causing trouble. Even being threatened with suspensions and being dropped from the team hasn't changed him. When he meets free spirited Lexi Robertson, though, he realizes that he can't keep going on without caring about rules. He wants her in his life, but Lexi has brand new family drama taking over her world and there may not be room for Roman. Unless he can change her mind.

3.5 Stars

This book felt really different from the others in the series, and I liked the change. Roman and Lexi's characters were very likable and they didn't have any drama between them. I loved that once they accepted that they wanted each other there wasn't much that could keep them apart.

Lexi was a fun heroine to read about because she was just so comfortable in her life. She didn't need much to make her happy and it made me smile to see her so excited over small things. She was the perfect girl for Roman who needed to learn how to relax some, and I liked seeing the changes she brought out in him. Once they were together there was barely even a mention of his playboy ways which I really liked.

What kind of disappointed me about this book, though, was the fact that so much was going on. In the beginning I liked having the little side story of Lexi and her family, but near the end I was over it and wanted more of Roman. His character, at moments, got pushed into the background because of that second story and I would have rather he be more focused on.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed this story and will recommend it for any fans of a hot badboy changing his ways. This book can be read as a standalone with no issue but I hope you'll read the other books in the series since they're all so good.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
Claire Robinson
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 - The next chapter in my life is starting... Stars!

We return to the Cold Fury Hockey team for the seventh book in Sawyer Bennett’s ever popular series.

"I admire honesty."

This is one of those books that I didn’t struggle to read, but at the end of it didn’t really have any overwhelming feelings for it either way. Gray Brannon was the only person who actually pulled any sort of reaction from me, and that was utter dislike, which if I am honest wasn’t a huge surprise as I disliked her intensely in Ryker. Roman and Lexi were pretty cute as a couseries.
"I
Dali
A sweet, sexy and endearing hockey romance.

NHL defenseman Roman Sýkora marches at the beat of his own drum on and off the ice. No matter how much bad publicity he gets from tabloids though, he’s committed to give his all to his team. But management doesn’t agree and is pressuring him to tone down on scandals and cut back on his penalty time. The good news is that a spirited ukulele playing barista has captured his full attention, eliminating problem one. The bad news is that she’s the owner’s newfound
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, sports
3 Warm Me Up Stars

Roman is a standalone and is part of the Cold Fury Hockey series. You can read the books out of order and still understand what goes on. I actually have read the books out of order and was perfectly fine.

Roman is kind of his own island. He isn’t cold, he just doesn’t have a need to surround himself with people, but all and all he is a good man. He just gets into a lot of trouble.

I didn’t have a huge connection with Roman, but I found him very likable. He has a bad reputation and it kin
Nicola
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
With so many books in a series, there's always the risk of things become a little flat and repetitive. And whilst Roman is taken in a slightly different direction to others in the series and it worked, it still entered the realms of being on the flat side.

"Roman Sýkora is one of the team’s bad boys. Maybe the baddest."

I'm inclined to disagree with that statement, as other than rubbing the Cold Fury's General Manager up the wrong way and a couple of scuffles on the ice, he wasn't really channelling the
NiCoLeTa E.
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4 "Family or Love???" stars***

It's a common secret that i love the "Cold Fury" series, but I have to admit that my biggest love is for the first four stories...
After those, I wasn't so fond to read about the rest of the players, maybe i was a little bit tired, but every time, at the end, i was changing my mind and I was happy that i continue reading for those hot players...
And, hell yes, Roman's story was also very good!!!!

***4 "Family or Love???" stars***

And, hell yes, Roman's story was also very good!!!!

Roman was a troublemaker inside and outside the ice... He didn't care for what they were saying about him and his lifestyle, even though that he was facing problems with the management of the team because of his crazy behaviour....

Lexi was about to make a big step in her life since she was about to claim a father and a sister after many years without any of them... So, she has to focus there, but love unexpectedly comes to her life...

Roman and Lexi felt an attraction since the first time they met and they wanted to know each other better, but there were some complications that were standing between them...
Will they manage to overcome all the obstacles that are standing in their way???
Will Roman change his ways in life, not only for Lexi, but for his team also???
Will Lexi choose love above family??? Or the opposite???

I really liked both Roman and Lexi...
They had a great connection between them and they did only good to each other...
Roman was different with Lexi... He was a little bit misunderstood character and i really liked what we discovered about him...
Lexi from the other hand was the joy of life... She just wanted a family, somewhere to belong and she was so damn happy for that.... I really loved her character.... She was so sweet and generous...

I also loved in this book, Brian....
God, he was such a discovery!!!! I knew from book four that he was a very good dad, but here he gave his all!!!!
And i loved the romance between him and this crazy woman, Georgia!!!

***ARC generously provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Irene

I really enjoyed Roman by Sawyer Bennett.

Roman and Lexi were likable, passionate and endearing characters.
From the first meeting I found myself connecting with them. They entertained me with their flirting and the way they would tease each other. I was very happy watching their relationship unfolded and knew with all my heart that these two had found true love.

Going in I wasn't sure how I would feel about having a 3rd POV, but to my surprise I loved it!
It was fun and enjoyable hearing from Brian Branno
alyssa
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads, 5-stars
5 Stars!

I just realized that I never wrote a review for this book and it's been two months *face slap* of course, I don't remember much but what I do know is that this book was freaking amazing and if you haven't read this series yet, I suggest you pick it up asap! :)

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ / 5 stars
Lead Male Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ and a half / 5 stars
Lead Female Character: ★ ★ ★ ★ and a half / 5 stars
Plotline: ★ ★ ★ ★ and a half / 5 stars
Genre: romance, sports (hockey)
Will I recommend this book to others?: YES
Will I reread this book?: YES
Overall s/>/>Lead/>Lead
Beverly
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury series is one of my favorites. I love how each book features a different couple, but as the series has progressed so does their little family. When the series began all the players were single and seeing them paired off and building families just gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Roman is new to the story, but we quickly realize he is the team bad boy, the bruiser. In hockey it’s okay to be rough and fight, but his reputation off the ice is getting to be a little much in
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! When I started this book, I wasn't sure. I had a hard time getting into it. Once I did though, LOVED IT! See full review on The Book Disciple
Syndi
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is different. It consists of 2 love stories between 4 characters. Bryan and Georgiana, Roman and Lexi. I think the author wants to contrast the love relationship between older couple and younger couple.

In Van, I do like it more because it has some dark aspect on it. But in Roman.... its flat. All of the characters are flat 1 dimensional. All of the chemistry is forced. Remembering that this book is intent to be a light cheesy read, I guess its OK read.

3 stars
Liz
“Will you fuck me already?”
description

Roman is the seventh book in the Cold Fury Hockey Series. Roman Sýkora is Cold Fury's bad boy. A gifted player on the ice (and off), he never expected to fall in love with a free-spirited spunky girl next door. Lexi Robertson has come to Raleigh for one purpose. She wants to meet her father and half-sister. Lexi recognizes that their connection to the Cold Fury Hockey team may make them unwilling to accept her as part of their family (knowing that they are wealthy and she is not).
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I’ve come to one conclusion: Sawyer Bennett is not human. It seems like she adds to her impressive arsenal of work every couple months with books ranging from romantic suspense and erotica to lighthearted contemporary romance. How is that even possible? How, I ask you?! I don’t know, but as long as she keeps cooking up these sweet sports romances with a hint of spice, I’ll keep gobbling them up like candy. Roman was a tasty treat for me.

Roman is the bad boy of the Cold Fury professional hockey team. His scan
Geri Reads
DNF at around 40%.

I didn't feel invested enough in the romance to continue. I needed to feel something for the characters. Unfortunately, Roman and Lexi felt very generic and bland. I couldn't muster any empathy for them to invest in their romance.

**ARC provided via Netgalley
BookLover
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

“all I can do is smile at him and say, “I know. I felt it too.”

This latest instalment into all that is the Cold Fury Hockey series was very different. Instead of focusing on one couple’s story, Roman had three very distinct, yet related stories all happening at the same time. Readers were treated to the story of how troublemaker Roman Sýkora had his "bad publicity" ways knocked out of h/>
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

Great addition to the Cold Fury family. Never met Roman before he was an in your face character. He's an enforcer on the ice, and doesn't apologize for all his fights. Lexi has come to town after finding out Brian Bannon is her father and Gray her sister. Lexi and Roman's relationship builds and isn't without some bumps in the road, but in the end love conquers all.

Loved the side romance with Brian and Lexi's second mom, Georgia. (thank yo
Liv ☾
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!

☾Aweee Lexi and Roman's story was so uncharacteristically adorable! With all this bad boy talk, I definitely didn't think it was going to be as cute and romantic as it was.

☾Roman is the bad boy of the team, always getting in fights, being fined every time he gets into it with another team over something stupid. After being given an ultimatum by Gray, his boss' daughter, he tries to clean up his act. That's before he meets Lexi - unbeknownst to him, is Gray's sister...yikes!

Bj
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Family, Business, & Love" Stars!

This being the 7th book in the series, I can honestly say that the Cold Fury Series has become one of my favorite sports romance series of all time! Every single book that I have read in this ice hockey based romance has been top-notch: both complex in its character and plot development and touching and heart-felt in its romance. Not to mention that each book is fresh and unique in its storyline (no cookie cutter series driven formula here!) R
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this book. I was surprised by how many things were happening during the story and how nicely everything worked together. Although this is the seventh book in the Cold Fury Hockey series, it could be read as a stand alone novel since each book in the series really does tell its own story. Readers of the series will enjoy seeing characters from previous books play an important role in this installment. This was a st
Alex ♈
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe, unlikable-hero
Me lonely here #Team Gray from the beginning till the end.

She wasn’t the heroine in this book, but to me Gray’s character was more important than the h’s one.
She didn’t annoy or irritate me; I could understand and follow all her actions and decisions and was always on her side.

Freaking minority again :-(

I never pretended to be a good girl and I confess honestly: if some person came to my (rich) father and claimed to be his child I would go ballistic.

To me Grace was more mature and open minded
Joëlle
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
*** ARC kindly provided by the publisher Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept, via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ***

Sawyer Bennett never disappoints! This was another amazing book in the Cold Fury series. The next one 'Lucas' is already waiting on my Kindle.

This was a fun and hot mixture of sports, romance and family drama.

Lisa
Sep 06, 2016 marked it as to-read
Isn't it amazing people rate a book that hasn't even come out yet? there is one person on GR who feels the need to give one star to books for some reason. (view spoiler)
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Yay! Another super sweet and safe read! I loved Roman. Although we hear he's a bad boy and a bit of a player, I never really saw him like that. He was actually pretty tame. We are told he has a wild past but we never see him act or think anything remotely like that.

Ever since his meeting with Gray, Roman knows that he needs a change. Not so much on the ice, because he feels he is perfectly capable in his role as enforcer. Meeting Lexi is is a bit serendipitous. They meet and instantly click. Th
FMABookReviews
Roman Sykora is a bad boy, a man whore, and a fighter. He is unapologetic about his ways and sees no reason to change. Either you like him for who he is, or you don’t. He doesn’t care. He isn’t going to change for anyone, not even for the Cold Fury Hockey management.

Leaving his home country as a teenager to play hockey, he’s never had much of a family. Roman’s always had to look after himself. When the ukelele playing barista rocks his world, he decides that letting someone in may not be so bad after all.

Enter Brian Brano
Beth
Roman is known as a bad boy with a rep that is difficult to dissuade with all the negative press he’s been getting. That press has caused some waves with the management, Grey Brannon, of the Cold Fury Hockey Team.

Lexi has been working in a local bar, getting up the nerve to meet her biological father, Brian Brannon, which happens to be the owner of the Cold Fury Hockey Team. She doesn’t want anything from him, just wants to make that family connect. Brian didn’t know he had another daughter so it comes a
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer тυeѕday~ Roman 1 17 Feb 18, 2017 02:18PM

• Back Check (Aces Hockey, #4)
  • Delayed Call (Assassins, #13)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)
  • Game Play (Power Play, #1)
  • Hooked
  • Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)
  • The Ace (Men of the Show #2)
  • Tempting the Player (London Legends, #3)
  • Play Date
  • Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2)
  • Score (San Francisco Thunder, #1)
  • Loving Him Off the Field (Santa Fe Bobcats, #2)
  • Out of the Game (In the Zone, #3)
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. Fro

Cold Fury Hockey (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1)
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
  • Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)
  • Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)
  • Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Lucas (Cold Fury Hockey, #8)
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)