Start by marking “Finn (Hell Squad, #10)” as Want to Read:
Finn (Hell Squad, #10)

Finn

(Hell Squad #10)

In the aftermath of a deadly alien invasion, a band of survivors fights on…

For Hawk pilot Finn Erickson, flying is in the blood. Since the aliens decimated the planet, he spends most of his time flying Hell Squad into combat. With communication to other survivor bases cut off, he has no idea if his family is still alive and feels their loss keenly. But helping to fight ba
Published April 25th 2017 by Anna Hackett (first published August 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Finn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finn

Mei
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
Interesting addition to the series and a very unexpected twist in Finn and Lia’s relationship! LOL

(view spoiler)

I’m still wandering how they will destroy the Gizzida… I really hope they’ll do it, obviously, but I cannot imagine how!
Marta Cox
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Well it's high time that Finn got his own story because the author has been tip toeing around him and what's clearly mutual attraction with Lia. It's been fun spotting them on the periphery of other stories but after 'that' kiss in Niko I just knew it had to be something special . Seeing the sparks that fly between these two as they both deliberately push each other's buttons has been entertaining to say the least but I had no idea just what a dance the author would lead this couple on!
So here w
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Finn and Lia were not fond of each other, but a lost bet translated that fire into a night of kinky role playing sex. The worked together and tried to fight the attraction with Finn saying some hurtful things under the influence of pain meds but it was all forgiven pretty easily then,again suddenly they're in love. Plot wise new things are happening as they try to contact other survivors, the alien kracken was just a little too OTT but still an okish read.
Paraphrodite
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2018
4 stars.

So this is flyboy Finn and drone flyer Lia's story. There's been an ongoing disagreement between the two over whether drone flying is actual flying but I think Lia proved Finn wrong.

Another exciting installment to the series, but I'm starting to look forward to the survivors kicking the aliens off the planet soon...
Marlene
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

In this tenth book in the Hell Squad series, we finally start seeing the human survivors take the fight to the alien Gizzida, and it is awesome. Meanwhile, just as in all of the previous entries in the Hell Squad series (start with Marcusand ENJOY!) the story tells its tale of kicking alien ass and not bothering to take alien names through a hot and steamy romance between two of the survivors of the alien invasion.

Finn and Lia are both pilots, not that anyo
Sue Riley
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good, action packed sci-fi romance with humour, steam, HEA and substance
Recommended to Sue by: I love Anna Hackett's books. She's one of my all-time favourite authors
Finn Finn Finn Anna Hackett

Reviewed by SFF Dragon*

A risque bet leads from constant bickering to love and a happily ever after in this action packed sci-fi romance. Very steamy.

Have you ever watched a movie where the building tension was so great that you were on the edge of your seat with your hands over your eyes, desperate to know if the good guys got away, but with your pulse hammering and your heart in your mouth, you just couldn't bring yourself to look? Well 'Finn', the tenth book in Anna
Angela
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This different perspective was refreshing in that we are still in the fight of our lives against the Alien invaders but, we are coming at them with some sexy flyboy/girl ingenuity and fortitude. Finn always seems to be that happy go lucky kind of guy in the series but, here we get to see some real depth to his character. And I love how well rounded it made him; He's a keeper. It was also very touching for him to get that last little surprise as a reward for all he endured....gave me a wee tear i ...more
Kelly
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ten books into this series and things continue to heat up. Both between the couples AND the survivors' fight to win back their planet from the Gizzida.

Between you and me, Finn and Lia are definitely doing the steamy things right. They snipe at each other. They worry about one another. They spend some quality sexy time once they get over their issues.

Of course, getting over those issues does take a while. You know how it is. In the aftermath of an alien invasion, people sometimes guard their hear
Ashley
A lot happens in this book. New aliens and weapons. Communications between bases are being reestablished.

Lia is a strong and competent pilot, for both planes and drones. Finn is confident in his abilities, but doesn't become so cocky that he is annoying (thankfully). Finn and Lia have been butting heads since the Blue Mountain Base. Their constant bickering about who is a pilot is just hiding the lust between these two. The romance begins quickly and feelings quickly develop. This was a perfect
BreRile
Finn and Lia

Finn's the hot shot pilot who ferries the Hell Squads and Lia a drone operator. Their bickering masks deeper emotions. One thing I didn't understand is Finn's lack of respect for her flying ability. While she's a drone operator she was a commercial pilot before the invasion. Otherwise the book is good and follows the same formula as the others.
Amber
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I loved the adventure in this book! It was awesome reading about all of their determination and the action packed ass kicking they are giving the raptors.

Lia & Finn were perfect together. They're both competitive and have a love for flying. So when they got together it was just hot and pure perfection.
Kara Prem
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hawk pilot Finn and drone pilot Lia work to figure out what the aliens have hidden in an area where the drone signals (and everything else) are scrambled. Additionally, they have to take on a mission to deliver equipment to the middle of the ocean in hopes that they can re-establish communications with the rest of the human survivors. Some tense moments and a hot love story.
sharon e hochstetler
Release the kracken!!

Ok. I have read the series in order up to now. I have a few favorites but really. This one almost had me yelling out loud in my office break room. So many things going wrong. New weird alien creations. But man that was great read!!!! Loved this one!
JML
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great addition

Another solid entry to a fast paced exciting sci-fi series. I enjoyed Finn and Liz's story the attraction a nd passion was not and the developing relationship fun to watch unfold. I can't wait for the next one ☺
Kelly
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Well this one was jam packed full of action!!!! I loved that as things got worse and worse they had each other and the family thing at the end was wonderful. And that last page, perfect!!!!
Niki
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, and so unexpected!

I think this is my favorite book in the series so far. There’s so much action and unexpected twists, I felt like I was on my toes the entire time! Add in the super sexy scenes, and this book had it all!
Pam
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This book kept me on the edge of my seat. It was hot, emotional, suspenseful, and action packed.
Dsrtedlt
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Set in the future in Australia, this is a military, sci fi, romance, action, adventure series. Both men and women will love a global military fighting the invading alien race and rebuilding their almost destroyed world. I was reluctant at first in reading the series and fell in love with it! Marcus is the first book and its free on amazon, how can you go wrong! Try it!
CAROLE RIDDELL
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hell squad

Another great read from Anna! I must say that I'm enjoying this series immensely and can't wait to read Decline story.
Lillianne Arai
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

Lot of action in this one. Very fun read. I’m getting a bit concerned. The bad guys keep multiplying and getting better weapons.
Megan
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!
Claudia Rosa
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Page-turner! 👏🏼Action, danger, romance, hot love scenes, excellent plot, lovely characters, well-written ... Awesome series!❤❤❤❤❤ ...more
Book Gannet
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Like many Hell Squad fans, I suspect, I’ve been waiting for Finn’s story for a while. I’ve been curious about the Hawk pilot since his very first appearance back in the beginning of this series, and now, finally, at last his chance has come.

Before I go any further… I had no idea Finn was Norwegian! Yes, I guess his name, Finn Erickson, is a bit of a Nordic clue, but there is nothing about him that remotely suggests this. Nor did it come across in this book, sadly. I mean, it’s great a
Sherill
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

FINN-{Hell Squad #10} HORRIFIC DANGER & FIERY ROMANCE

WHAT YOU’LL FIND IN THIS THRILLING STORY; a cast of remarkably impressive and engaging characters; intriguing storyline, picturesque and powerful vivid scene descriptions, phenomenal banter, camaraderie, full of action, gripping suspense, horrific danger, life-threatening incidents, gut-wrenching moments, surprise reveal, skyrocketing heart-throbbing sensual romance, and a heart-melting conclusion leaving you wanting more.

The arrogant Fin
Jane
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
The flyboy and his drone girl

In this story we meet Finn, the Hawk-pilot, and Lia, the drone pilot. We were already glimpsing a bit of their smoldering passion while hunting down the drone destroying gyr and saving the little gyr.
Finn and Lia are teasing each other in an amicable way about their chosen profession, she calls him a flyboy and he taunts her that flying a drone is not really flying and not challenging. IT all starts with a bet that instantly brings both on track. While on a mission
Jenny Delandro
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment in the human war on the alien invaders...
This time we focus on the central coast of NSW.... near my holiday house :)
Finn is shot down near a big enemy factory and manages to land his damaged copter but suffers burns and amnesia..
nanos fix his burns but he needs lots of charm to mend broken bridges...
Lia gets to showcase her jet pilot skills as she helps Noah put a communication amplifier into the ocean...
a lot of activity is seen around the new factories.. new weapons &
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Hell Squad #10
Rating: 4 stars - it was enjoyable

Hawk pilot Finn Erickson and drone pilot Lia Murphy are in a constant battle to prove who the better pilot is. After a one night stand and a mission together they're forced to admit there is more to their feelings than animosity. But both have been hurt in the past and aren't looking for a relationship.

Once again, I am loving this alien invasion series and how it just keeps developing. Finn focused on getting communication with other surviv
Mary Clark
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lia had been a commercial pilot before the invasion and had met a few combat pilots. Finn, a Hawk pilot, fit the mold, confidence bordering on arrogance. Lia has always believed in herself and her ability to fly, so she happily accepts Finn’s challenge, not sure if she wants to win or lose. Finn knew he should stay away from Lia; she has been a fantasy he never knew he had, but now he has made this crazy bet and there is no way of getting out of it. What were the aliens protecting? With the dron ...more
Claudia
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sf-romance
So the story continues with Fin and Lia.

The previous book gave a clear indication that Fin and Lia have some chemistry and indeed they have.
Fin is a hawk pilot, cocky, confident and Norwegian. Considering that the misfits are a combination of different nationalities I shouldn't have been too surprised.

Lia was a drone pilot and a former caption on commercial airplanes.
This time, the teams are looking for ways to remove the technology blocking their communications with the other surviving bases
Lee
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sfr
If you’re new to Hell Squad, I’d say start at the beginning, not here. If you’re not, this entry is pretty much what you’d expect: hot love scenes, excellent action movie sequences featuring cool monsters, good friendship moments, and tight plotting in a short novel. Hackett highlights the aviation aspects in Finn and throws plenty of danger Finn and Lia have to escape from.

Finn and Lia are empathetic characters with some baggage they have to deal with a hot rivalry that takes its eventual cours
« previous 1 3 next »

• Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Damage Control (Valiant Knox, #2)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death (Agamemnon Frost, #1)
  • Solar Storm
  • Phase Shift (Chaos Station, #5)
  • Mated with the Cyborg (Cy-Ops #2)
  • Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five Universe, #4)
  • Mission to Mahjundar
  • Song of the Navigator
  • Star Kissed
  • Accidental Alien Part 1 (Accidental Alien, #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance
  • Changing Worlds (Worlds, #2)
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to m

Hell Squad (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Marcus (Hell Squad, #1)
  • Cruz (Hell Squad, #2)
  • Gabe (Hell Squad, #3)
  • Reed (Hell Squad, #4)
  • Roth (Hell Squad, #5)
  • Noah (Hell Squad, #6)
  • Shaw (Hell Squad, #7)
  • Holmes (Hell Squad, #8)
  • Niko (Hell Squad, #9)
  • Devlin (Hell Squad, #11)