Start by marking “Joy Ride (Big Rock #5)” as Want to Read:
Joy Ride (Big Rock #5)

Joy Ride (Big Rock #5)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  5,037 Ratings  ·  546 Reviews
From the #1 New York Times Bestselling author of FULL PACKAGE and BIG ROCK, comes a hot & hilarious new standalone romantic comedy…

Let’s be honest, ladies. A good man is a lot like the perfect car. You want a hot body, an engine that purrs, and superior performance under the hood...for the best joy ride of your life.

I’m at your service. Ready to go all night long.

But t
Published May 1st 2017 by Lauren Blakely Books

To ask other readers questions about Joy Ride, please sign up.
Lauren Blakely Yes! Max Summers is the hero and Henley Rose Marlowe is the heroine :) Max has been in Well Hung and Full Package, but this is Henley's first…moreYes! Max Summers is the hero and Henley Rose Marlowe is the heroine :) Max has been in Well Hung and Full Package, but this is Henley's first appearance(less)

J. McCoy
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m waving the checkered flag! I surrender! I bow down to Max and Henley and all of their sweet, sexy, smartass hotness! As always, Lauren has given us a pair of sexy characters that are fiery, irresistible, full of passion and perfect for each other in their own unique way. These two were so much fun to read. The back and forth banter between them left me with a goofy smile on my face. Once they gave in to their feelings and let things happen… holy moly, talk about combustible! *fans self*

Roman
Dena
Ms. Blakely's creativeness and mastery really come into play with Joy Ride. She brings us another sexy man to swoon over and a female character any woman would love but the approach she takes with Joy Ride will blow your mind. It's unique and has a whole lot of hating making this a flirty and charming story.

Max Summers is a mans man. He's a mechanic and can pimp rides like no other in town. What happens when his student becomes his rival? A whole lot of HATING!!! Henley is a strong and intellig
Shayna
I have been completely in love with Lauren Blakely's brand of funny since she branched out in this genre, and JOY RIDE just solidifies the fact that this woman CAN DO NO WRONG! Sexy, refreshing, and just downright hilarious, Max and Henley's love story was EVERYTHING I'd hoped it would be. Laced with comedic banter and sexy innuendos, JOY RIDE quickly became one of my FAVORITES from the blooming queen of rom-coms.

"Oh God," she murmurs as she stares at my cock.

"Like what you see?"

"That's a lot
Lauren Blakely
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
JOY RIDE is here! It's available everywhere! I had a blast writing this book and I hope you all love Max and Henley too!!
✦Amazon US ➜ http://amzn.to/2qf0QKT
✦Kobo ➜ http://bit.ly/2lqPV2A
✦Google Play➜ http://bit.ly/2mRsjRW
✦Amazon Paperback➜ http://amzn.to/2mqdbO0

✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from author for an honest review

♫ She said hello you fool I love you, C'mon and join the joy ride ♫

I have been singing and whistling (well, trying to whistle) this song since Joy Ride turned up on my kindle.

And Joy Ride was every bit as enjoyable as I thought it would be.

If you have read the earlier books in this series, you will have met Max already - he is the brother of Chase from Full Package.

I loved everything about the growly, sometimes surly car customiser. I mean really thou
Monica Horne
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can I just tell you how much I absolutely adore Lauren Blakely?? As one of my all time favorite Authors, she never ceases to amaze me!

I love a good enemies to lovers story, so when I heard that Joy Ride was going to be just that, I knew I HAD to read it.

Max and Henley were a match made in heaven by the automobile Gods! They may not like each other, but when an opportunity arises to work with one another, let's just say, sparks begin to fly.

This story had everything you'd expect to see from a
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Max.
We already met him in the previous book. He's Doc Chase's brother - from Full Package. And also Mia's brother - she'll be the heroine of the next book Hard Wood - with Max's buddy neighbor Patrick!

Max is making his money by sprucing up super-exclusive cars for rich clients.
Five years ago he fired his apprentice Henley. The prettiest and most talented girl he ever met. And she loves cars just as much as he does. But he fired her - we don't yet know why.
But now she's back in NYC, making a name
Caroline F
God! This story! I loved it HARD!!!

“She’s five years older and twenty-five times hotter. Yes, her hotness has squared with the years.”

Max Summers and Henley Marlowe parted on bad terms, five years ago. And, now she’s back. She’s in his city, in his business, and in his life. She’s one of the most talented people he’s ever worked with, and also the most beautiful temptation of his life.

When they’re forced to work together, all the sizzling love-hate chemistry between them combusts into something
Lacey Black
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lauren-blakely
I've been dying for this book! Ever since Lauren announced she was doing a sexy gear head, grease monkey hero, I WANTED HIM! And dayum, does Max Summers deliver!

Let's start with Henley. First off, her name alone screams bad-ass heroine. And she doesn't disappoint. Not afraid to go toe-to-toe with her nemesis, Henley is fierce and won't back down. But she's also soft and wants to be treated like a woman, even though she spends her time under the hood of a car.

Now, back to Max. Holy hotness, Max i
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Lauren Blakely has done it again! She's written a sassy, sizzling read that kept me glued to my Kindle. Max and Henley were the epitome of a love/hate - enemies to lovers relationship that I found absolutely enthralling. You could feel the ripple effect of their chemistry come right on through your kindle. I couldn't get enough of them, of their snippy one liners or the flirty, sexy, mischievous innuendos that had me feeling ALL THE THINGS! In fact, I think that Max and Henley should be
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Lauren Blakely is one of my top favorite authors, and I’ve loved every book of hers that I’ve read. But it’s her male point-of-view romantic comedies that are my absolute favorites. It’s the way that Blakely gets into the heads of her heroes and communicates the story through their thoughts, reactions and emotions to her readers. It feels authentic, it’s well executed, and it’s wholly addictive. I’d even go so far as to say that they’re one of my guilty pleasures. So, when one of her
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Trish's Review List

- OMGAWD make sure everyone knows how unbelievably awesome this book is. How it is packed with so many FEELS it will have them laughing, snorting & sighing their way from cover to cover. Give huge, HUGE credit to the mighty talented Lauren Blakely for delivering yet another amazing set of characters whose personalities shone so bright independently but literally exploded like fireworks on the Fourth of July when they game together.

- Talk about how effin hot, smart, funny,
All Booked Out
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh THIS ONE!!! This one!!!! I always say I am looking forward to a Lauren Blakely , but this one!
I am on the floor as I am overcome with swoon and meltiness right now!

I am all about the Joy of his Ride!!!

To say I have been looking forward to this one since I heard the title would be an understatement! I have been waiting for him not ever so patiently. I am delighted that Lauren wrote the nuts out of this!

Henley and Max are a match made in heaven, she is back in town as a competitor, last seein
Jess
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a long standing Blakey fan and a lover of all of her amazing male leads, I have to admit, and I apologize to all the other hotties in this group, but I have to say Max is by far my favourite of the Lauren Blakely boys. JOY RIDE was all I wanted it to be-and more.

At some points during my read, I would have to remind myself to breathe. I was so utterly consumed with what I was reading, with the compelling chemistry between Henley and Max, that I would start going blue! I was so drawn in by the
Dena
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Ginny Rose
Cars is a competitive business...
Especially when both are talented mechanics.
There's a lot of heat behind a bitter past. There's animosity as well as admiration.
There's respect, mutually, under the hood. There's roughness under the sheets.

If you were curious about who Max was when you met him in Full Package , let tell you, he's so worth the wait. He's all business and when it comes to cars, the man does not cut corners. But he's also a man who has learned from experiences, Henley is one of
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Are you ready for a ride? You might hit a few bumps in the road with a grease monkey, a real monkey, a sharpie pen and find yourself craving cinnamon rolls. Let’s not forget this ride contains some hot sex on the hood of a classic car. Buckle up and get ready to take a sexy and fun Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely.

Who knew car parts could sound so hot? Not me. I’m still laughing thinking about Max and Henley’s banter and all of the car-related double entendres. Lauren Blakely’s signature flirty and fu
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
An enemies-to-lovers romance by Lauren Blakely? This author some pret-ty steamy books so can you just imagine the sexual tension?! Well, now you don't have to because you can meet Max and Henley for yourself in Joy Ride. The two custom car builders liven up the pages with their fierce rivalry. These two are just as likely to exchange heated words as they are to rip each other's clothes off. If I could, I'd read a Lauren Blakely rom-com every day of the week because they're just that good. Who el ...more
Rebecca
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To-Do List:

1. Figure out HOW Lauren Blakely continues to write her alpha males with the perfect mix of cockiness, manliness, and filthiness.

2. Determine HOW Blakely can so easily provide her readers with the male point of view – one that masterfully displays her hero’s personality and realistically gives insights into his honest perspective on all aspects of life.

3. Revel in the witty banter and electric chemistry between Max Summers, the King of Manhattan’s Custom Car Business, and Henley Rose
Krystal Amora Book Reviews
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely
There are not enough descriptive words to express my love of this book. I am a classic car girl (not as much as Henley) who loves the thrill of the hunt when restoring a classic car. What happens when you put together a ruggedly handsome car guy with a fiery tiger who has the need to make it in a man’s world? You get four stroke internal combustion!!!
That’s right this book is full of sexual innuendos, as only Lauren can provide, that are all car related and let me clue
Elizabeth Swain
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Joy Ride is a laugh out loud and revving your engine hot read…. you might just blow a piston! Lauren Blakely always does this for me. She just knows how to write a man so that he is a real man!
Max Summers doesn’t do relationships, just epic one-night stands. Max is full of Ego and has all the tools to prove it; in and out of bed. He likes fast cars and his woman the same. The only girl to get under his skin... he fired!
Henley Rose Marlow is in the authors beautiful words "The Wile E. Coyote to
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lauren Blakely Fans, Romance
5 Vroom-Vroom, All Hot and Bothered Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free- It's Live!!!!
Blakey Makes Me Happy when I read her. This particular group of Stand Alone/Interconnected books work on so many levels. There is the consistent friendship of all of the past characters... through business, relationships or as family to add to the main story each time. Like there is a grounding...And each book is unique to the characters she has created. It would be so easy to fall into a repeat situation... But for me
Melinda
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely

Let me preface this review by pointing out that when I reviewed Full Package and we got a teensy peek at Joy Ride, I was very clear in claiming Max as my own. That hasn't changed! In fact, I'm even more determined to assert this statement to one and all! He's everything I expected him to be. Everything! He's the King of the Manhattan custom car business and the self-touted King of Pleasure. He makes engines purr and women scream: he is just. that. good.

Blakely is an a
Janice
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Review of Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely

Definitely my kind of guilty pleasure - 5+++++ stars

If you've read any of Ms. Blakely's other books, you will see several characters from other books, which I just LOVE. Max is the older brother of Chase, from Chase and Josie's story and they have a sister, Mia. Chase alluded to 'the one that got away' from Max so I was really happy to see him finally get his own story so we could learn more about him and his lady. As this book opens, Max is at a car show wi
Reflections of a Book Geek
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author, r
5 Stars

I love a good enemies to lovers romance story and this one definitely didn't disappoint! This book was told in Max's POV throughout but there are a few times we get little notes from Henley!

Max and Henley have a tumultuous relationship, after firing Henley as his apprentice five years earlier she saunters back into his life as if nothing ever happened. When he realises they are going to have to compete for work he isn’t too impressed with her reappearance in his life. Throw in the fact t
Jennifer Miller
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to reveiw it ***
** 100% Spoiler-Free Review **

It's no secret that I am a HUGE Lauren Blakely fan. I mean H-U-G-E! Anything this woman writes, I jump at the chance to read. Her heroes are swoon-worthy, her heroines are adorable and the stories are always sexy and beautiful. I've been addicted to her most recent rom-coms because they have just the right combination of heat and swoon alongside perfectly balanced, laugh-out-loud moments that are thoroughly e
MJ
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books, arc
Queen Feelgood has struck again. Yes, that is my name for Lauren Blakely and she has once again given me the definition of happiness in a book. Joy Ride is exactly that. Pure joy. Pure love. Smart humor combined with scorching heat. A heroine in Henley Marlowe who I have a serious girl crush on. Who exemplifies the perfect combination of sexy siren and expert grease monkey. I mean, the woman loves tools, while also loving the color pink. And she gives Max Summers, both the man of her dreams and ...more
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4.5 stars!

Review, Excerpt, & Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

If anyone can write an amazing and convincing story told in the hero’s perspective, it’s Lauren Blakely. Honestly, I love all of her books, but the male POV stories have a special place in my heart!

Boss-apprentice turned rivals Max Summers and Henley Marlowe battle in becoming the best car builder in New York. When Max fired Henley five years ago, neither expects to work against each other, let alone together again for a project the
Jacquie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SNAP-ON TOOLS!!!....Hmmmmm, that does sound vaguely dirty, but I SWEAR it wasn't intended to!! ;) What I mean is, Lauren Blakely is THE QUEEN of the male POV! NOBODY does it better (cue Carly Simon :D ) What I also mean is, Max is my newest BBF and I WON'T let him go....unless Lauren MAKES me!

This book is a hilarious, sexy-as-H-EEE-DOUBLE-ELL romp that somehow warms the Cock(les) of your heart! It's totally sweet and I adore BOTH Max and Henley...sworn enemies, former boss-and-employee and
Jenn_COBB - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo ARC REVIEW_zpsxzwrevez.jpgJoy Ride by Lauren Blakely – 5 stars
Irresistible, Passionate Love Comedy!

This is Lauren Blakely’s playground and she rules these stories like no other!
You are welcome to join and play if you can take all the hotness, naughtiness and loveliness!

I will start by saying how happy I am to have this author in my life and how much her books always make my heart swoon and my soul smile.

With her it’s a very clear moto, Satisfaction guaranteed each and single time.
The writing is flawless as one is use
Fifty Shades of R...: May 2017 BOTM ~ Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely 1 17 May 06, 2017 05:01AM
A #1 New York Times Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's hot, sweet and sexy. She lives in California with her family and has plotted entire novels while walking her dogs. With fourteen New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Lists more than 100 times, and she’s sold m ...more
More about Lauren Blakely

Big Rock (6 books)
  • Big Rock (Big Rock, #1)
  • Mister O (Big Rock, #2)
  • Well Hung (Big Rock, #3)
  • Full Package (Big Rock #4)
  • Hard Wood (Big Rock #6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Have I mentioned the last time I saw her she marched out of my shop in a blaze of angry glory?
Might be because I fired her sexy ass five years ago.
Yeah, there's some bad blood between us.”
1 likes
“She makes me lose focus. She makes me want to be with her. She makes me fucking feel. And that’s the problem. I feel something for her. But I want her more than I don’t want all the fucking complications” 1 likes