Start by marking “His Desire (HIS, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Desire (HIS, #1)

His Desire

(HIS #1)

Romantic Suspense BESTSELLER • Will his stubbornness prevent him from trusting the woman he desires? In Sheila Kell’s provocative novel of suspicion and need, a handsome security specialist and a feisty FBI agent are tied by grief and attraction… and the fervor of the unknown.

He’s stubborn. She’s independent. Together, desire will determine their future.

Hamilton Investigat
Published June 2016 (first published November 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about His Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Desire

Book-Lover Book Blog
What more could you ask for in a book? Hot alpha(s), strong, stubborn woman, love, passiong, Steamy scenes? I tell you what...H.I.S has ALL of this and MORE! This book keeps you guessing til the very end. The suspense was killing me half the time, my heart pounded...I swear I almost cried at a few places as well. I found it super hard to put it down and return to normal every day life.

The Hamilton brothers are all super sexy, but Jesse, head and founder of H.I.S, is the hottest of them all. Who
Christine Ardigo
Sheila Kell's first novel, HIS Desire, has me hooked on Romantic Suspense novels now! The book had me guessing until the very end, and then still surprised me. She also managed to keep the suspense high, and the romantic tension between Kate and Jesse even higher. I fell in love with Jesse and his tough, yet sweet charm. I loved reading about a tough female character, too.
Sheila also managed to draw you in to both their lives and by then end you felt as if you knew the two of them for years. Th
Kelly Resseguie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this suspenseful roller coaster ride of a story. It keeps you guessing until the end. The way she weaves the story makes the reader so invested in the characters. The first time author hit this one out of the park. I can't wait for more from her!
Debbie
Working with AJ as FBI agents, brings Kate into contact with Jesse, AJ's eldest brother and head of HIS security.Both feel an instant attraction, but neither act on it. WHen a case that both the FBI and HIS are dealing with turns deadly, and it looks like Kate is the target, Jesse steps up with HIS security to ptotect Kate. And thrown together, they finally give in. But both are carrying secrets, will they be able to overcome them?

I came across Sheila Kell on Facebook a while back, I'm not quite
Judyrudy
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sheila Kell’s debut novel, HIS Desire, starts off her writing career with a bang! HIS Desire is a romantic suspense novel that keeps you guessing from page one. Jesse Hamilton, a former FBI agent, is head of Hamilton Investigation Security, Inc. (H.I.S.). Kate Ross is a FBI Special Agent who is partnered with Jesse’s brother, A.J. Hamilton. She is injured in a drive-by shooting. Jesse becomes her bodyguard when he fears her life is being targeted by a ‘hit man’ known as the Facilitator.

Kate fig
Dagmar Bancroft
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an exciting book which I thoroughly enjoyed reading, it was an rollercoaster of emotions for me ( would have loved to be the leading lady, lol) . It had me guessing till the end and what a twist that was, would never have guessed the end. I loved the characters and was fully into the book by the second page and couldn't put it down. I love Sheila Kell writing style and can't wait for more from her. This is a 5 start rating book for me.
Louise Bailey
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow what a difference. I've not read books like this before. hot mmm. the way the storyline comes together because of the threat to her life ended up bringing her happiness. so can't wait for the next book.
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)

Being a tour host for Hot Tree Promotions, I was granted the chance to sign up to be apart of this fabulous tour. When I signed up to read and review this title, I had no idea that this was the author’s debut novel, not that it would have affected my decision either way. My choice was based on the fact that this title came under the romantic suspense genre. By now you can guess I an avid fan of this genre.

On completing this title I have to say that Ms. Kells got it right. ‘H.I.S. Desire’ has the
Mandie Foxylutely
I love a good romantic suspense story that is filled with hot alpha military and agents to hook my hero star upon and a strong female lead to inspire me. The Hamilton brothers, especially Jesse, and Kate were therefore a welcomed casting for this book.

Kate is an FBI agent alongside her partner AJ Hamilton and it is through AJ she comes to meet his brother Jesse, himself an ex agent and now chief of the Hamilton Investigation and Security (H.I.S) Their interactions at best are full of lustful, li
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Hot Tree Promotions as part of the blog tour in return for a fair and honest review.

When we first meet Kate and Jesse, they don't exactly get along. Jesse comes across as quite arrogant whereas Kate isn't prepared to accept his attitude and so dishes out one of her own. As the story gets going and you understand more about how these two know each other and the details behind H.I.S. then it just rockets away. The story is fast paced, well written and plotted out to the n
Missy Harton
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW...SUSPENSEFUL 5 STARS!!!
I was gifted this book for an honest review.
If you're looking for a good story that contains suspense, drama, loss, and love...this is a MUST read for you!! Excellent character development; wonderful storyline...this WILL grab hold of you and take you on an adventurous ride!

Kate and AJ are partners and work for the FBI. AJ's brother, Jesse is former FBI, but now he has established his own business...Hamilton Investigation and Security.... H.I.S.
When Kate and Jesse ar
J. Parkins
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
H.I.S. Desire is a fast-paced romantic suspense with just the right mix of intrigue and romance. The chemistry between Kate and Jesse is volatile, swinging from heated arguments to fan-worthy lust in a heartbeat. All the characters are well written and the plot moves quickly, keeping the reader engaged and guessing.
I LOVED H.I.S. Desire and can't wait to read the rest of the books in the H.I.S. series. Fabulous debut novel, Ms. Kell. Keep them coming!
Book Boyfriend Heaven
His Desire by Shelia Kell
I was gifted this book for an honest review, and I have to say honestly that I had a hard time putting it down. FBI Agent Kate Ross and her partner AJ Hamilton are the best of friends; the only downside is that she cannot stand AJ’s brother Jesse who co –owns H.I.S. or Hamilton Investigation and Security, Inc., with the rest of his brothers.
Unfortunately a case has brought Kate and Jesse closer together than she ever wanted to get. This story has so many twists and turn
Ju Ephraime
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FBI agent, Kate Ross is constantly having to prove herself to her partner’s brother, Jesse, an ex-FBI agent. They seem to have a love hate relationship going on. Jesse uses it to cover up the fact that he’s attracted to Kate and Kate is determined not to let Jesse know she is attracted to him. This makes for a very violate atmosphere every time the two are in the same room. Matters came to a head when Kate is shot while in Jesse’s company, then when Kate is almost killed by a bomb going off in J ...more
Kacey Hamford
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book from new author Sheila Kell.
Jesse is an alpha male who is set on getting his own way, and he had his sights set on Kate. She however was not use to being told what she could do and when. She is strong headed and wants to be loved.
The chemistry between these two is great and this book has you wishing to be Kate.
I love that H.I.S is a family run business and we got a small glimpse of the family. I cant wait to read more about the brothers and their lives. I hope that Kate and J
Anne
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A interesting story line that promises to continue to be entertaining in upcoming books, as well as keeping you on the edge of your seat, or bed, because of the steamy content. H.I.S. can investigate for me anytime!
Susan Parkes
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an A.R.C for an honest review, this is the first book that I have read by this author and it was definitely a pleasure.

Kate is an FBI agent, her partner is AJ Hamilton and they have a great working relationship. That can not be said for Kate and AJ’s brother Jessie. Whenever these two are in a room together, Jessie always talks down to Kate and belittles her, this then gets her temper up and she thinks he is an ass!! Jessie does this because he is attracted to Kate, but Jessie
books are love
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting very interesting. Have some lingering questions I hope later books in the series can answer such as what is the underlying tension with AJ and Jesse about? Why doesn’t Devon go in the field? What happened to Devon to have him make the quiet comment or I Dont remember?

The biggest thing you will see besides the two main characters moving on from their guilt by finding love with another is the lengths people go for money and greed. Here it isn’t a power thing about money and greed. Gree
Maureen
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Sheila Kell and I really liked it. It had a good pace and the characters are believable. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Island Girl Romance Reads
5 stars!!

Just finished reading this book and really loved it! This is how I love my books, Hot Alpha males and lot of suspense and a heroine that didn't work on my nerves ;)
Sahara Foley
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FBI Special Agent Kate Ross is thrown together with ex-FBI agent Jesse Hamilton, now working for a private security firm called H.I.S. They are tracking down a hitman known as The Facilitator. The Facilitator has a personal vendetta against Jesse, but, for some unknown reason, is targeting Kate. Who has hired the notorious hitman, and who is the actual target?

There's a lot of conflict and action in this fast-paced, romantic, mystery thriller. I loved Kate and Jesse's characters and the steamy dy
Michelle
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves mystery romances
Recommended to Michelle by: Hot Tree Promotions
Shelves: kindle, own, series, arc
Sheila Kell’s debut novel, HIS Desire, kicks off her writing career with a winner! HIS Desire is a romantic suspense novel that keeps you guessing from beginning to end. Jesse Hamilton, a former FBI agent, is head of Hamilton Investigation Security, Inc. (H.I.S.). Kate Ross an FBI Special Agent whose partner is A.J. Hamilton, Jesse’s brother. When injured in a drive-by shooting, Jesse fears her life is being targeted by a ‘hit man’ known as the Facilitator.

Kate fights Jesse’s to be her bodyguard
Sharon Gibbs
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'd like to start by saying this was a great read and I recommend that you put this on your to be read list. It didn't take long for me to enter the world of Kate and Jesse. The more I read, the further I became involved in their world where I cried, giggled and fell in love with all the characters.

A great First novel for Sheila and the best Indie Author I've read for a while.
I look forward with anticipation to the next book in the H.I.S. Series.

Merged review:

I'd like to start by saying this wa
Missi
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an exciting romantic suspense that pulls you along until the last page and then throws you again!
Take a storyline full of suspense and romantic tension that keeps me guessing until the end but then still managed to surprise me. Add in a Hot, Sexy Alpha Male and a Strong, Stubborn woman are my idea of the perfect characters. Combine that with loving, passionate steamy sex scenes and this book is like winning the lottery! Jesse’s tough but sweet charm had me instantly falling for him. The
Twin Opinions
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a suspenseful book! I was so on edge for all of this! I feel like i got lost in this book and I just can''t find my way out of the story. I can't get the Hamilton boys out of my head! I am very excited for this series. With a start like this I am hooked. Jesse is amazing and so protective. I loved his character from the start. Kate is great too. I love that she didn't just lay down and say protect me. She is strong too and when the two but heads it makes the book that much more interes ...more
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
♦♦♦♦ I received an arc in exchange for an honest review ♦♦♦♦

This was the debut novel for this author and what a read it was. Be prepared for your emotions to be all over the place in this book.

There are alot of twists and turns and you think it will go one way and it goes in the complete opposite direction.

Its a read which will have you fully engrossed and not want to put it down.

IzzyISH
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Oh my! HIS Desire is the amazing debut novel by author Sheila Kell. HIS Desire is a romantic suspense novel that will draw you in from the beginning until you reach the end of the book. The main characters, Jesse Hamilton and Kate Ross, have known each other for quite a while. Jesse is a former FBI agent and now head of Hamilton Investigation Security, Inc. (H.I.S.) Kate is an FBI agent and partner to AJ Hamilton: Jesse’s brother. Whenever Jesse and Kate encounter one another, there is nothing b
Tina Lee Harris
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

This story had lots of twist and turns and the ability to shock you with the truth. I did not see that coming at all. The chemistry between Jesse and Kate was almost touchable on the pages of the book. I am looking forward to more in this series about the H.I.S. family.

Kate Ross is doing what she loves being an FBI agent along with her partner A.J. Hamilton. This has her seeing his oldest brother Jesse a lot; Jesse is a hard ass but oh sexy as hell. When Kate is put in danger Jesse steps
Daina Lazzarotto
I love this book. It is action packed from the beginning. This story follows the lives of Kate Ross, a stubborn, pig headed pain in the ass FBI Agent and Jesse Hamilton owner of HIS, which is a protection services company.

Kate's partner is A.J, whose brother is Jesse. Jesse and Kate are shot at and they aren't sure who the target is, so after a few messages on vehicles Jesse moves in with a very reluctant Kate. As time goes on these two realize their feelings girl each other and decide to give i
I Love Story Time
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, melyssa-lys
I enjoy a good suspenseful storyline and Sheila Kell delivered just that! FBI agent Kate Ross is an independent, strong woman who doesn't need a man by her side. After several failed relationships, the last thing Kate wants in her life is some alpha male telling her what to do. Jesse is not just any hot, brooding alpha male. He is the leader of his families investigation and security company, father to a sweet beautiful daughter, and widow. After tragedy took Jesse's wife years ago, Jesse closed ...more
  • Bo (Bad Boys of Retribution MC #3)
  • Love's Design (Bodyguards Inc. #5)
  • Tricking Chase (Devils Pride MC #1)
  • One Wild Ride (Lords of Mayhem #2)
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Nordic Lessons
  • Till Justice is Served (Killer Affections, #1)
  • Bound for Hell (The Bound Trilogy #1)
  • Hidden in Lies (Lies and Truth, #1)
  • Lance (Roughneck Shorts 3)
  • Everlasting (Evers, Texas, #2)
  • Into The Fire (The Replacement Guitarist #3)
  • Finding Eva (Highland Creek Series, #1)
  • Steel & Ice (L & J, #1)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • The Deception Duet
  • Wild Nights (Justiss Alliance, #3)
  • Vision of Darkness (D.I.E. Squadron, #1)
Sheila Kell writes smokin’ hot romance and intrigue. She secretly laughs when her mother, in that stern voice, calls it “nasty.” As a self-proclaimed caffeine addict nestled in north Mississippi with three cats, she wears her pajamas most of the day and writes about the romantic men who leave women’s hearts pounding with a happily-ever-after built on a memorable, adrenaline pumping story. When she ...more

HIS (9 books)
  • His Choice (HIS, #2)
  • His Return (HIS, #3)
  • His Chance (HIS, #4)
  • His Destiny (HIS, #5)
  • His Family (HIS, #6)
  • His Heart (HIS, #7)
  • His Fantasy (HIS, #8)
  • A Hamilton Christmas (HIS, #9)
“encouragement. Becky Johnson of Hot Tree Editing has been a miracle worker, and this updated version goes to prove how well an author and editor can work together to create a wonderful story. I am blessed” 1 likes