Start by marking “Fate Bound (Fate Bound Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Fate Bound (Fate Bound Saga #1)

Fate Bound

(Fate Bound Saga #1)

A werewolf's first instinct is to protect those weaker than himself. But Jack chose to protect the wrong girl.

After a brutal encounter, Ava awakes to a new life of heightened senses and supernatural speed. But she isn't like other werewolves, and her special qualities put her--and her new family--in unimaginable danger. Her very existence threatens a precarious balance--on
Published June 15th 2016 by Laurealinde Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fate Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate Bound

Start your review of Fate Bound (Fate Bound Saga #1)
Kathy Jo
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Ava has been on her own since her father passed away from cancer. She was bounced from foster home to foster home. Now at the age of 19 she's on her own. No family and no friends.

She's on her way home one night when she is attacked my a mugger. Not wanting to give up the only picture of her and her father that she has, she fights back. Only to be stabbed repeatedly. She can feel herself dying, fading away.

Out of no where she hears someone approaching her. She looks up and into the mos
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I started reading this book when I really shouldn't have. Now I'm behind on my review reading and that's trouble!! I couldn't help but keep reading because I was engaged and invested in these characters and the story. I just had to know what was going to happen. Now I'm left wanting more and I REALLY cannot read the next book right now. Ugh. Torture. Ha.

Content: mild swearing throughout, kissing
Ryouko
Jul 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF

Horribly boring among other blech-ness.
Isha
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, I thought this was a really good book. I wish there was more backstory to Ava's life before she gets turned. The beginning just needed to be developed more. You don't get a clear sense of who she is before all the events happen. I loved her and Jack! I do feel that it was slightly "insta-lovey" but I understand a part of that because of the "halfs" concept. Usually books like this with use the word mate, but I like how it is something all immortals have, not just the werewolves. Ava see ...more
Donna
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok

Maybe I’ve just read too many werewolf books lately because this storyline seemed old. I am not really interested in reading more. Maybe if I had read this one before the others?
Brandy
I really enjoyed this book and story-line plot. It kept me interested from beginning to end. I can't wait to see what happens next! You should definitely read this if you enjoy vampires, witches, and shifters!!!

Marsha
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
The summary for "Fate Bound" describes a unique and interesting plot. Yet, the reviews were mixed. Either people really liked this read or they really didn't enjoy it. So, I decided to read it for myself and decide.

Yes. The plot is unique and had great potential; however, the author was in too big of a hurry and didn't take sufficient time to properly world build, provide sufficient characterization or do the initial work necessary to allow readers to truly feel invested into the story and chara
Christina Rause
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed some of Madeline Freeman's other work and I read an intriguing excerpt of Fate Bound at the end of the Clearwater Witches series. I was pretty surprised at the tone and twists in this. Book and was impressed by the range with which Freeman writes.

You may have heard the saying that "wolves mate for life" or stories about should mates being two halves of a whole. Well, this story takes those concepts to a whole new level. If you're a dan of supernatural suspense, mystery, and romance, y
Grace
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but the entire storyline felt rushed to me, the author didn't take the time to really iron out the characters at all and I didn't feel the connection to them that I've felt with other books. It was like the author was trying to pack as much in as possible into the first book to keep people reading it but it was just a bit confusing at times.

I liked the idea of the plot, and having brothers be enemies and different species was very interesting but again it felt forced and rush
Philleys Peters
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ava is a newly turned hybrid werewolf adjusting to life as a werewolf with some vampire tendencies. She is an abomination to the witches who want her dead, and the vampires want her to create more hybrids. Ava's alpha Jack turns out to be her other half, her soul mate. Poor Jack is having an awful time keeping her safe, as everyone wants a piece of Ava. I enjoyed this book and was sad but not surprised about the cliffhanger ending. Until the next installment...

I received a free copy of this book
Tanya
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She was stabbed to death in a bodged robbery but now she feels stronger and more powerful. Then she finds she needs blood. She is a werewolf vampire hybrid which should not exist. People want her dead. He protects but can her one life he worth all the others he needs to keep safe. What will he do? See what will happen

Rachel Benham
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ava was just a lost girl until she met a vampire and a werewolf. Jack tried to save her when she was mugged and left for dead but Luke got her first. Now she's the first vampire-werewilf hybrid and everyone wants her. Jack is her soulmate and will do anything to protect her. When she's kidnapped and forced to make a hybrid like her more troubles arise. Cant wait for the next book.

Scarolet Ellis
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fate Bound by Madeline Freeman is an amazing start to the series this is book number one. I am hooked on this series already it has a witch werewolf and a vampire in it and has alot of twit and action threw the whole story I lvoed it.

Christina
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Dnf at 57%. I usually force myself to finish a book. I hate to leave a half read book but it just wasn't for me. If the blurb interest you, you should give this book a try because you might be one of those readers that loves the book. Unfortunately, I just wasn't one of them. I will still try other books from this author to see if it was just this book that didn't hook me in.
Phthon
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the creativity used in this book! The story was great. The characters were believable as well as likable...except for the bad guys. I really want to read the next book! I seriously recommend this book!
Mandy Stump
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Such a good book. Not many have a hybrid angle which was fantastic. Loved all the details and characters. Loved Luke and Jack plus the whole them brothers part. Such a good read.
Becky Pepper-Thompson
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hard to put down!

Very compelling and easy to get lost in this world. Poor Ava doesn’t seem to catch a break in life, other than finding her other half in Jack. I love a strong heroine who just looks at a problem and pulls up her big girl pants. Definitely worth a read.
Georgia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF The blurb sounded good but the story itself was meh. It seemed too much like the storyline flitted from one thought to another without much to tie them together. There were some sections I felt belonged in another part of the story of what I did read. Could use another round of editing as well.
beth m
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh

Nothing super special or captivating about this book. Wasn’t awful wasn’t super fantastic if anything I’ll keep reading the series to see if it gets better and because it’s free.
Larry
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author did an excellent job of creating a protagonist female that acts her age; not looking for a man to come save her. And the lead male isn’t “claiming his mate.” The story is intriguing, and the flow is perfect; just enough action, and the beginning of a romance. And it’s very well written.
Karen
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an action-packed book that I could not put down. 5 stars!
Trisha Schultz
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Really great read! Read it in one day. Couldn't put it down
Love the idea of vampires and werewolves working together and the hybrid idea!
Jeff Cadoff
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A nice twist

An interesting take on the vampire v werewolf v witch purpose and process. Ava would be better in her 20's, but that's not really critical. Fun book.
Anla Gisclair-Etheridge
3.5-4 stars I think the series has promise.
Gail Jeziorski
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

It was enjoyable read, I liked the characters, I also liked the twist on the paranormal storyline. Well written. Recommended if you like this genre.
Pat W
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling read

Wow what a read. She never asked to become half vampire and wolf and can jack save her. Get the book not to be missed
Ashley Moxey
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute

Very nice book. Not your normal wolf book and i like that there were parts that aren't too easy to guess what happened next. Can't wait to read the next book.
Bella Suarez-Ramirez
Mates

I enjoyed reading this. The hybrid and how she is going to survive. Can’t wait to read the next book in series and see what happens next.
Jacquelyn Gutierrez
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick read. I found it boring at times and I wish for more personal detailing the characters lives.
Tina Vanbrackle
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I read ......A LOT an this is one of the weakest heroine in a story I've read. Disappointing since plot was a very good one.

• Caged (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)
  • The Ash Moon (The Ariane Trilogy, #1)
  • The Somber Call (The Ariane Trilogy, #2)
  • The Crucial Shift (The Ariane Trilogy, #3)
  • Deception (The Transformed, #1)
  • Marked (Soul Guardians #1)
  • The Fire Prophecy (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures, #1)
  • Fire & Flood (Mount Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1)
  • Evolution Series Books 1-2
  • Dark Fates (The Vampire Prophecy #1)
  • Shift (Southern Werewolves, #1)
  • Legacy Awakened (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • Twin Souls (Nevermore, #1)
  • Prophecy Awakened (Prime Prophecy #1)
  • A Devil of a Date (Supernatural Dating Agency #2)
  • Happily Ever Hers (Movie Stars in Maryland, #2)
  • Unwanted (Their Shifter Academy #1)

Fate Bound Saga (4 books)
  • Death Marked (Fate Bound Saga #2)
  • Soul Cursed (Fate Bound Saga #3)
  • Destiny Sealed (Fate Bound Saga #4)

News & Interviews