Start by marking “Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4)

Bad Blood

(The Naturals #4)

When Cassie Hobbes joined the FBI's Naturals program, she had one goal: uncover the truth about her mother's murder. But now, everything Cassie thought she knew about what happened that night has been called into question. Her mother is alive, and the people holding her captive are more powerful—and dangerous—than anything the Naturals have faced so far. As Cassie and the ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.
Natalie This was the ending of the series up until November 2017. There is one book after this called "Twelve" it takes place MANY years later when Cassie and…moreThis was the ending of the series up until November 2017. There is one book after this called "Twelve" it takes place MANY years later when Cassie and the Naturals are running the program (as new Agents Briggs and Sterlings). They have to figure out a case brought to their attention by a girl they had rescued in a previous book before she or others kill themselves.

(I didn't mark this as a spoiler because it is a summarized version of the synopsis on the back of the book).(less)
Sophie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Emma Giordano
Unfortunately, I was pretty let down by this conclusion. The Naturals was a FAVORITE of mine as a late teen, though I put off reading the final installment for a few years. I’m unsure if this particular book was a bizarre disappointment, or if it’s just that my taste has matured in the last 3 years where this series is no longer satisfying. I'm not sure I could find that answer unless I were to reread the first three books as an adult.

CW: murder, torture, mention of rape, child abuse, abduction,
mith
It's not a series finale if something doesn't fuck you up and/or you don't cry at least ONE point.
My feelings will be bared soon!
---
guuuuuys, there's a synopsis and I am so excited and scared to read this.
I dread and await—but mostly await—November.
(Which is so late cmon)
---
IM FUCKING PANICKING WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THE TITLE AND THE COVER OUT IT'S SO PRETTY OH MY GOD
---
Is unknown the title? I can't tell. I want to believe it is though.
(eta: okay I believe it now.)
(eta (AGAIN) that UNKNOWN
Sana
RTC next year? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I literally forgot so many things from the previous books, but I don't feel like re-reading them and I'm already 50 pages into this so I'll just have to work it out somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This beauty has arrived.

description

This is it. The last book.

Now I want tons of Cassie and Dean.
I want lots of psycho serial killers.
I want blood and guts and dead bodies.

I just want everyone to be okay.
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Meh. I'm very disappointed. I thought it's going to be a Lia centric book, but we barely get a glean on her true potential. MY OTP THOUGH THEY DESERVE BETTER.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
THIS SERIES WAS FREAKING CRAZY.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did

Cause baby now we got-
 ⇝LEAH⇜
This is one of my NEW all-time favorite series…

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Flow (Writing Style): 5/5
Backdrop (World Building): 5/5
Originality: 5/5
Book Cover: 5/5
Ending: 5+/5 Cliffhanger: Nope, but I wouldn't mind going back to this world with this set of characters.
Total: 5+/5 Stars ~A+~

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This Series has rocked, with each book upping the stakes and becoming more entwined with the next and t
Anastasia Antonova
Очень боялась того, что будет слитый конец. Такое часто бывает - отличная серия и просто до безобразия испоганеный финал. Здесь такого, слава богу, нет.
Книга держала в напряжении, и не было нормальной возможности предугадать кто же за всем скрывается. То есть я приблизительно догадывалась, но отметала эту теорию, так как она отдавала невероятностью. Но в конце все равно удивилась.
Я очень надеюсь, что Барнс не будет писать продолжение. Серия закончилась, и хоть она оставила ниточки для того, чт
Nadia Awadi
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
I finished a serieeees.

I always wanted to use Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen as an introduction. And now that I've done it: Not that good of an idea.
Another bad idea: Reading this book in the middle of the night while being a scaredy cat who can't handle amusement parks.

Rating 4.75

I'VE READ THIS WHOLE SERIES BEFORE. seriously. How can someone forget reading a WHOLE SERIES, is beyond me. Well, at least I loved it. Imagine if I reread a series I hated f
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Niki's Mini Review of Bad Blood:

This book. This series. Is perfection.

Need more convincing?

Niki Reviews The Naturals – in which I gush profusely.
Niki Reviews Killer Instinct – in which the gushing continues.
Niki Reviews All In – in which I completely lose my shit.

Seriously. It’s my all-time favorite YA series. Read it.

Other books you might like:
The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Fixer (The Fixer, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
^I'm being funny with my recommends. I usually give comparative titles. In this case, if you aren't reading JLB, you aren't doing it right. :P
Rachel
4 STARS FOR "BAD BLOOD" BY JENNIFER LYNN BARNES

"All must be tested." You say the words as you drag the flat of the knife across the offering's neck. "All must be found worthy."
Power thrums through your veins. This is your decision. Your choice. One twist of your wrist and blood will flow. The wheel will stop.
But without order, there is chaos.
Without order, there is pain.

This book rocked my world. I guarantee it will rock yours once you pick it up yourself.

jennifer Lynn Barnes is such an under
Kyla Harris
Plot - 14/20 - I didn't like Bad Blood nearly as much as I enjoyed the rest of the Naturals series. The plot dragged a bit and wasn't as gripping.

Characters - 15/20 - There wasn't much characters development or depth. I still loved the characters but they aren't nessassiarly Jennifer's strong point.

Creativity -  15/20- Compared to the past three books in the series Bad Blood was a let down in the creative section. Even with this there were still a lot of fun plot twists.

Writing - 14/20- Writing
Tez
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SERIES RECOMMENDATION

NOTE: I originally posted this at Speculative Chic.

Upon hearing the premise for Jennifer Lynn Barnes's YA crime series The Naturals, I was sceptical. Teens working for the FBI sounded more fantasy than contemporary. But I gave the first book a chance, and it isn't bad as I feared. Killer Instinct is definitely an improvement, and I was well and truly hooked.

But the series really shows its genius in Book 3, All In. It must've been a nightmare to research and organise, because
rin
9 out of 10!

a decent conclusion to a very good detective series. it managed to fulfil my expectations. everything got resolved (i mean i noticed couple of plot holes in the very beginning and then bam! 10% left and this holes are filled and everything makes sense).
this book is intense! and so twisty! there were twists I totally saw coming, twists I should have seen coming but didn't, and twists I would've no way seen coming.
i love all characters so much OwO

this book was really hard to put down.
Lexie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2016
Finishing a beloved series is exactly 30% gratifying and 49057258409% painful.

THE PAIN IS REAL

LET THE HANGOVER COMMENCE!
♠️ Tabi ♠️
'Cause baby now we got ba-ah-ad blood . . .

hailee
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Lynn Barnes, if you're reading this place yourself in a motherfucking chair and write at least eighteen thousand hundred billion million more natural books (preferably based around michael). thank.
Maggie ☘ (Reader-in-Wonderland)
Bad Blood was such a painful but also satisfying conclusion to the best Crimi Young Adult series I've ever read! When it comes to the investigation and plot, the third book will still be my favourite, but overall this one comes very, very close. I'm in love with all of the characters! And I'm definitely going to miss them.
Diana Brown
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part way through the book I almost started to lose interest simply because the plot just wasn't going anywheres. I loved the characters but where was the story going....the last few chapters brought it back in focus.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I can't believe it is over! Both happy and sad. This was a great ending/addition. Full review to come.
ullianachase
I really really liked the ending. Very good conclusion to this amazing series. But the third book is still my favourite.
Veronica Morfi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing ending to a series I loved from the very first book.
Rachel Patrick
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review (and others) can be seen in all its properly formatted glory on my blog Beauty and the Bookshelf.

Ever since reading the utterly and fantastically surprising The Naturals three years ago, I've been a big, big fan of Jennifer Lynn Barnes's spectacular, thrilling, crime-solving series. Despite All In not being quite what I had hoped, its predecessors The Naturals and Killer Instinct were, I kid you not, practically flawless. This series, which just so happens to be one of my favorites,
Katie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m emotionally DRAINED BUT IT WAS SO GOOD.
Maria
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, e-book, suspense
Unbelievable.
I could swear that Jennifer Lynn Barnes is a psychotic serial killer in her past life.
My thirst for blood is superbly sated. :D
elizabeth
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i both need this and don't want it to end. whelp.
Glory
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ну что сказать, отлично завершилась серия.
Думаю, обожду чуток и перечитаю целиком))
Автор, только не надо сиквелов... все круто, вот как есть, ни убавить, ни прибавить.
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
A satisfying grade A conclusion to this awesome series. Wouldn't have it any other way....except I wouldn't maybe mind a spin off of some sort.

4.5 Stars
lina
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 8-out-of-10
я правда не знаю, как на реагировать на конец серии (пожалуйста, не пиши продолжение). мне понравилась эта часть, но она была слабее 3 книги. я надеялась на развитии Майкла и Лии, я хотела, чтобы их было больше. но автор решила помучить Кэсси, сломать ее больше. меня порадовала детективная линии, она развивалась все больше и больше. также тут я не могла угадать, кто же стоит за этой сектой (но было одно сомнение насчет одного человека).
полный отзыв будет в блоге как только соберусь с мыслями.
  • The Row
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • The Chaos of Now
  • Splinter
  • The Grift of the Magi (Heist Society, #3.5)
  • Trust Me (Find Me, #3)
  • Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)
  • The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan
  • The Perfect Candidate
  • Dancing with Molly
  • Captive
  • Follow Me (The Amateurs, #2)
  • Vicarious (Vicarious, #1)
  • Incriminated (Emancipated, #2)
  • Stonebird
  • Trust Me, I'm Trouble (Trust Me, #2)
  • Remember
  • Aftermath
Jennifer Lynn Barnes (who mostly goes by Jen) was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has been, in turn, a competitive cheerleader, a volleyball player, a dancer, a debutante, a primate cognition researcher, a teen model, a comic book geek, and a lemur aficionado. She's been writing for as long as she can remember, finished her first full book (which she now refers to as a "practice book" and which none ...more

The Naturals (5 books)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • All In (The Naturals, #3)
  • Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)
“Home isn't a place. Home is the people who love you. Forever and ever, no matter what.” 19 likes
“Your mama always did have an eye for good-looking men." This was Ree, trying to be diplomatic. "Then again, she also had an eye for trouble."

Not that diplomatic.

Ree narrowed her eyes at Dean. "You trouble?" she asked.

"No, ma'am."

She turned to Michael. "You?"

He offered her his most charming smile. "One hundred percent."

Ree snorted. "That's what I thought.”
12 likes