Start by marking “Forged in Desire (The Protectors #1)” as Want to Read:
Forged in Desire (The Protectors #1)

Forged in Desire

(The Protectors #1)

Strong enough to protect her. Bold enough to love her.

When good girl Margo Connelly becomes Lamar "Striker" Jennings's latest assignment, she knows she's in trouble. And not just because he's been hired to protect her from an underworld criminal. The reformed bad boy's appeal is breaching all her defenses, and as the threats against her increase, Margo isn't sure whic

Published February 1st 2017 by HQN Books (first published January 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Forged in Desire, please sign up.
Brenda Thomas Yes it is their child. Ties that bind is a beatiful love story. When I first read
it I wanted to cry because it showed how when two people are destined…more
it I wanted to cry because it showed how when two people are destined
to be together, nothing while stop them.
Seized by Seduction is Randi's story. I hope you enjoy.

(less)

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
I wish in order to portray heroines as independent and fierce, author's didn't make them fall into the TSTL category.

Our heroine Margo was apart of jury that convicted a guy who announced to the court room that until his conviction was overturned, someone from inside the courtroom would be murdered every 72hrs. 3 people have already been murdered when our hero Striker comes into the picture to guard Margo. Is Margo happy about this and willing to take her personal safety seriously? Of course not
Kate's Corner
@ 47% I’m tapping out.

#TooManyBooks you feel?

I was intrigued by the blurb and thought why not? Big mistake on my part.

Although I liked that ex-cons were trained to become protectors.

To the actual plot of the book I really do not know how likely that would actually happen. I guess that is someone as coldblooded as the villain in the book it is possible.

The main characters were there but for all that I cared they could have been replaced with any Tom, Dick or Henrietta. There was a lot of head b
Christina
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars - 3 Flames

Intriguing cover? Yep. Riveting story line? Oh yeah. Character appreciation? Sure. Execution? Eh...could have been better....

Margo has been sequestered for the last 6 weeks while on jury duty. As the sentence is read, everything in her life and around her changes when her life is threatened. In order to protect her, her uncle hires a security firm for around the clock protection. And of course, what kind of story would it be if the protector and protectee didn't have some kind
Steph
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's always such a bummer when a great cover hides a crap read. I had high hopes for FORGED IN DESIRE, but no such luck.

Margo Connelly didn't expect to have her life in danger simply by serving on jury duty, but once bodies start dropping, she knows she's in deep shit. A family member hires Lamar "Striker" Jennings to protect her from the underground monster bent on destroying anyone associated with the case, but neither is expecting the heat generated between the two of them when they go into
Monica **can't read fast enough**
3 1/2 stars

Forged in Desire was just what I needed in a contemporary romance. This is a straight forward easy to read and enjoy romantic suspense book. Brenda Jackson always weaves a good story and this was no exception. I plan on continuing with this series over the summer as they are the perfect pick up and enjoy romances that I am always drawn to reading during the summer.

You can find me at:
Taryn
Apr 14, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: author-of-colour
DNF @ 36%

Tbh if I didn’t have so many other books on my TBR I was anticipating reading, I might have stuck with this one. The plot was intriguing enough to keep me interested, but that was about it.

Right from the start the writing felt off to me. It was choppy and stiff and the POV would change in middle of a scene, making things confusing. I didn’t get a good feel for the characters and honestly couldn’t care less about their budding romance.

Unfortunately this one missed the mark.
Richelle Robinson
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Margo was on a jury and now has to be protected because the crime boss they sent away has had people associated with the case killed.

Striker is a ex con who has been assigned to watch Margo. I really liked Striker and hearing his backstory made my heart sad. He's a good person and is willing to do anything to protect the people he loves.

Striker and Margo are both attracted to each other but they don't want to act on it because they it wouldn't be professional. Eventually they do get together b
Barefoot Danger
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
A classic of modern literature! Nah just kidding, it sucks. The plot doesn't make sense, everyone is stupid, whatever.
Book Lover
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the first book in this series. We get introduced to all the characters for the coming books. This book focuses on Lamar “Striker” Jennings and Margo Connelly.

Striker is pulled in to protect Margo after the criminal she convicts during jury duty threatens everyone in the room with death and people actually start dying. Margo and Striker are instantly attracted but wait a few weeks before acting on it. In the mean time, we get ALL their thoughts along the way. I am all for getting a littl
Michelle Lindo-Rice
Brenda Jackson has some plot twists and turns in this first book of the Protector series. She laid a good foundation for the other books. I wish I could meet Striker in the flesh. His romance with Margo was hot and sensual. The heat was off the Richter scale. I loved the suspense factor. There were so many killers in this story, and evidently there will be more murders to solve in the follow-up reads. There were so many characters and storyline strings that only a professional could keep the rea ...more
Layeshia
Nicely written one of my favorite authors is Ms. Jackson. She always writes a very interesting story which is also believable just very important to me and I can imagine myself in the shoes of the heroine. And for that I’m always very grateful. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this book it has Romance is a whodunit portion and definitely a hero healthy the damsel in distress overall five stars. 🥰
Shawnette
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was CAUGHT UP in the romantic action/suspense of Striker Jennings and Margo Connelly...her life took a turn for the worse after doing her civic duty...looks like Margo will DEFINITELY need a FOREVER Protector...and Striker appears to be just THE MAN for the job...I enjoyed this THRILLING ride and SIZZLING romance and I look forward to the next book in the Protector series!
Tianna✸loves books✸
I didn't like the writing style nor did I connect with the mc. Very boring.
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by NetGalley and Social Butterfly PR***

Margo and Striker were an interesting couple. I was interested in their story and I liked it for the most part, but with some reservations.

There was an appeal in the idea that she was strong and independent, but needed to rely on Striker to keep her safe, although I found myself slightly annoyed with her at the beginning with the way she treated him. This resolves quickly, for the most part and I am not even totally able to say that her reac
Book Him Danno
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book but Brenda Jackson fell on the Romantic Suspense sword and made the book about 80% sex and 10% Story. The sex was fueled by lust making the story unbelievable even for this girl.
Between the random thoughts they thought or the random tangent the characters would go off on I soon found the story to be long winded. Not to mention the long winded dialogue that would slow the story to a snails pace. causing me to put the book down debating whether to finish it or not.

A lot
Leona Jackson
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Striker

Again Mrs.Jackson gave us a story full of passion and intrigue. Characters you want to see win in life and love. Highly recommend this book. The mix of old and new characters keeps you turning the pages
Aaly
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***
Tia
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Morpheus
Argh. Plotline okay but the delivery was a stinker.

Wealthy socialite sits on a jury which convicts the crimelord defendant. He threatens to have everyone in the room killed within 72 hours of each other until he is released from jail. Bodyguard is hired to protect her. Bodyguard is an ex-con who works with a team of other ex-cons to be "Protectors". (Um, I don't think that could happen in real life, could it, due to civil disabilities and the prohibition of them owning guns and ammunition? Hmm.
Cat E.
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing heroine and hero book. Striker started off as an asshole but you really felt with him after hearing his life experiences. Margo was a no shit taker woman. These two together oh man! And those sex scenes especially the finger g-spot. A definite must try lol. Overall, this book was great and I am looking forward to reading about Quasar and Randi story the most. Great job Brenda Jackson <3
Becca Reads A Lot
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
It was intriguing.
It was also a lot.
Coco Chanel says take a piece of jewelry off when you leave the house.
This story needed a lot of jewelry to take off.
However, it was never dull. I just couldn't keep in the vibe of the story.
I love an over protective body guard.
LOVE IT!!
But, I struggled with this one.
It was just too many moving parts.

*arc in exchange for honest review*
Jamie
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting story with lots of twists and always something going on. Guessing that some of the characters are from other series, but don't need to have read them to enjoy this first book in a new series.
Byron Washington
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I though this wasn't a good book, it was a GREAT book. Brenda Jackson is a HELLUVA writer. This was like a sexy John Sandford or James Patterson. High praise, but well deserved.
Cynthia Daniel
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Romantic Suspence, but this story is more romance than suspence. It definitely was hot.
I would like to have more story that I expect from Brenda Jackson, but I am will to see where ( The Protector) series goes.
Lori Alyssa
May 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointed. I only made it to chapter 6. Bored!
Jennifer Copeland
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Jackson has done it again!! This book was so good!! It had me on the edge of my seat!! I can't wait for the second in the series!!
U.M. Hiram
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lamar "Striker" Jennings is the sexy protector whose defenses are brought down by the sassy, strong-willed Margo Connelly. They both weren't looking for love but unexpectedly fell into it after life's circumstances brought them together. Not only that but family secrets were revealed and hidden threats were brought to the forefront. This book was action-packed, sensual and filled with some unexpected twists and turns. Brenda Jackson is a great author and I'm looking forward to reading the next i ...more
Nicole Baker grant
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Must Read!

Me. Jackson has done it again with the Protector series book 1 . This journey starts out in a court room with a verdict and you are on your way for the most incredible ride ever. There are so many surprises that you can not stop turning the pages because you want to know what's going to happen next. I definitely recommend this book.
Karen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
I enjoyed everything about Striker and Margo's story! Very intriguing suspense and thriller for me due to the various characters and how their storylines all connect to Margo Connelly. The courtroom drama was off the hinges, especially when all people present at the trial of a "mob" bully had their lives threatened! The first book in the protector series was an awesome read and I can hardly wait to read Quasar and Stonewall's stories.
Shone
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-protectors
On the Edge

Forged in Desire, is not the book to write a reviewer on. This book has you wanting to run out and tell someone this is a book you have to read. There were secrets, twist, murder, you name it FID had it.
Once again Ms. Jackson has written a page turner which will keep you up all night.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• All I Ever Wanted (Grayson Friends, #8)
  • Angels Landing (Cavanaugh Island, #2)
  • This Is Life
  • Exposed (Free Falling, #3)
  • Unexpected Interruptions
  • Breathless (Old West, #2)
  • From the Heart: Seven Rules to Live By
  • Cooking Up Love (Arrington Family #1)
  • Sultry Nights
  • Hawthorne Family Series (limited edition box set) Books 1-4
  • Every Reasonable Doubt
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom

The Protectors (3 books)
  • Seized by Seduction (The Protectors #2)
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)