Start by marking “Holding onto Hope (Beyond the Mathews Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
Holding onto Hope (Beyond the Mathews Family, #2)

Holding onto Hope

(Beyond the Mathews Family #2)

The biggest gifts often require the greatest sacrifices.

Italian winemaker, Antonio Giovanni is tall, dark, and handsome with an accent sexy enough to leave a trail of women’s panties in his wake.

Including Hope’s.

Master Sommelier, Hope Tidwell travels the globe seeking out the finest wines. She refuses to let relationships get in the way of her career and abides by a
Published December 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Holding onto Hope, please sign up.

Start your review of Holding onto Hope (Beyond the Mathews Family, #2)
AJ
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a surprise! Super-emotional, oh-so-hot and gorgeously romantic, this book absolutely captivated me and I loved every moment of it!

5 stars!

This is my first read by Beverly Preston, and I loved it! Her writing is emotive and descriptive without being overly sappy, and she sucked me right into the story. I feel like I’ve been on a journey, and I read this book in one sitting unable to put it down. This is book #2 in the Beyond the Preston Family series, but it’s easily a standalone.
Nicla
I have to admit it took me a little bit to connect with this story. I think because the romance didn't start until around the 40% mark and also the beginning of the story was really heartbreaking. Antonio the hero is amazing. He definitely will make you swoon. Not only is hot, he is so sweet and goes after what he wants. Hope the heroine is strong and very independent. Not usually my type of heroine but the more I read the more I liked her. Overall an enjoyable read.

HEA (view spoiler)
Reanell Tisdale
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Italian Stars!

What an emotional read! I was shocked and heartbroken over the plot twist, which shall stay a secret from me! You need to FEEL the impact as you are reading.

Believe it or not this was my first book by this author! I'm sure there were spoilers from the other books but I was able to follow along without missing anything. I will for sure be going back and starting at the beginning!

If you are looking for an emotion packed HOT ITALIAN read, look no further! (I kept this review short
Mandy
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
I simply adore everything that Ms. Preston writes and I always look forward to new books from her. I can tell you that without a doubt, this book did not disappoint me one single bit.

To be honest, I really thought I knew what I was getting into with this book, at least initially I thought I did. The beginning of the book sets up a very interesting storyline and I was like, “okay, so this is what this book is going to be about.” But I questioned how The Italian would fit into the long
Jo
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful read by Beverly Preston! A heart-felt story like no other. An extraordinary story of love, not only romantic but love of family. I've always admired this author's ability to engage the reader from the first page to the last. This book is no different. She has managed to bump the emotion meter up about 10 NOTCHES!! I could not put this book down. The story is so very captivating. For those of you familiar with the author's work, you will be thrilled with the appearance of ...more
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
This was my first Beverly Preston book and I can promise you that it will not be the last. It was exceptionally well written and the characters were well developed and loveable. It will take you on an emotional rollercoaster ride while completely captivating you. There was never a dull moment....I was sucked in from the very beginning and all the way to the end. Everyone could use a little Italian in their lives!!

(I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book)
Kathy Coopmans
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An exceptionally well-written story of a couple who called upon each other when the time was right.
Beverly twisted this tale into a love story that hit my soul.
Antonio and Hope are far from perfect but they are perfect together!
A twist here, a turn there and an unexpected adventure brought several shades of tears to my eyes.
What a different kind of ride.
Loved it!
Kathy Coopmans
USA Today Best Selling Author.
Renee
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Holding Onto Hope is the second book in Beverly Preston's Beyond The Matthew Family Series. It can be read as a standalone.

Hope Tidwell travels the world looking for the finest wines. She is very dedicated to her job and refuses to let relationships get in the way of her career. She abides by a strict set of rules. No ties. No expectations. No risks. Those rules work just fine for Antonio Giovanni. He
Lourdes Acosta
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beverly Preston has been one of my favorite authors since day one and her 1st book will always have a special place in my heart and so will all of the Mathews family.
The Italian is another perfection not to be missed. These characters make you fall in love with them since page 1. When Antonio tells Hope "Stay" I swooned right there.
Of course it has heartbreaking and I cried but it's also funny, hot, emotional, romantic and did I say hot?
Hope & Antonio..... I loved their chemistry and
Latochia Bell
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Italian was definitely a winner!
The story of Antonio Giovanni and Hope Tidwell deals with the "open" relationship that is shared between the two and the lives that they live and what made them that way!
Antonio is a playboy. He knows how to love them. Leave them. And make them continue to want more. Antonio keeps his feelings and desires to himself because he doesn't want to show any weakness.
Hope has lived he life taking care of her sister, working hard to advance, and keeping her heart
Brandi
Recommends it for: everyone
Not surprising that "The Italian" would join my list of all time favorites. Beverly Preston has this amazing way of whisking you off to these wonderful places where her stories take place and you get to become part of it all.
The emotions in "The Italian" were so raw and real ... at one point I actually put the book down thinking I couldn't pick it back up... there was no way my just shattered heart could handle one more word of this story. I took a few moments to compose myself and dove back in.
Judith
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a heartwarming, emotional and intriguing read.

Once I started this book I could not put it down. I didn't even get out of my jammies all day. :-) Beverly Preston has a way with words that pulls you in and allows you to see her vision clearly.

This is a story about family, trust, love and living a full life. It's about two sisters who were neglected and then abandoned by their mother and how they were affected throughout their lives because of that neglect. It's about a love so strong that
Florence
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book hangover is an understatement. .. This book was sexy and fun but also has a very deep emotional story that had me completely sobbing that I could not see the words on my kindle... Hope and Antonio are the epitome of hot, sexy power couple both career minded and driven ... Fate and a horrible tragedy completely changes life for Hope and she and Antonio find what they thought they wanted and was important isn't ...make sure you have a box of tissues when you read this it is heatbreaking but ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review!!

OMG this book.. I could not put it down for anything!! I fell in love with Antonio and Hope from page one word one until the very end... This is one of those books that I just did not want to end..

I just loved everything about this book from the hotness of the characters to the love you feel between them...

This author is one of my favorites and, I read and devour just about everything she writes, this book I just have no words to express how much I loved
juviasft
This was a very emotional read (heartbreaking in the beginning) and the plot twist surprised me. When I started reading it, I thought I knew what to expect, or at least some possibles scenarios. But I was mistaken!

Although it was a bit cheesy sometimes, I enjoyed it a lot and Hope was a gret heroine, she's strong and very independent and Antonio is a very understanding partner, he will definitely make you swoon ;)
Karen
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. The real drama and angst came early in the book. But what followed was by no means boring. Typos galore but the story was well crafted and I was in love with all the characters. There is a small part of the book that involves the extended Matthews family (not including Tracy who figures prominently).
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holding onto Hope is a heartwarming story about love and loss. It’s a true journey in learning to rewrite the plans of your life, realizing we don’t always have the answers, and sometimes we don’t need them. Ms. Preston is a goto author for me. I fell in love with her descriptive writing style in book one. This brood has become to feel like my own family, each installment getting better and better. Through her books I’ve gotten to travel the world, and she’s renewed my hope that good things ...more
Laura Hansen
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You don't want to miss out on this sexy, heartbreaking, loving read. Have tissues and wine.

This is a must read 5 stars

Full read to come
Allison
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Michele McMullen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heavens ....I do love The Italian...a.k.a Antonia !
We the readers had the privilege of becoming acquainted with him in JC's story. Antonio is certainly a man you will not soon forget. He is tall, dark , handsome.. that should be enough but now top it with suave, sophisticated and caring . Ms. Preston certainly knows how to write us a leading man.
Hope is a world renowned sommelier . She does not answer to anyone and certainly does not need a man to compete her world, although she doesn't
Mette
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

So, I’m going to start off by admitting that this is my first Beverly Preston read ever. But as I dived into the pages of The Italian, I just wanted to kick myself……hard. For waiting so long to read her books.

description

I’m the one that needs an Italian intervention after reading this book.

I kind of walked blind into this book. I am not quite sure that I’d expected, but all I can say is that the book was nothing like it. It took me completely by surprise but in the best kind of way.
I’m not going to talk
Rebecca
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hope Tidwell is all about control. She controls every aspect of her life, especially her dalliances. She’s not a long-term relationship kind of girl because she can’t allow someone else to dictate how to feel, what to want, or what to expect. Since getting herself and her sister, Faith, away from their hellish upbringing and their selfish mother, Hope has done her best to protect her sister from the cruelties of the world and she’s also worked her ass off to not have to rely on someone else, ...more
Novel Grounds

Goodreads|Amazon

This book was beautiful. As with a few ofBeverly's previous works in this world, it had the emotional destruction followed by the beautiful healing. I cried and debated just giving up, but in the end it was a beautiful journey and it was worth it to see Hope's ending.

Sometimes you start a book and you think you know where it is going to go. You know who is going to end up with who and the likely how. I SWORE I had it all figured out with this one. I did.

I was wrong.

and then maybe
Siobhain
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beverly Preston deserves a standing ovation. The Italian had me captured from the first page. It was seductive, shocking, promising, witty, and yet so unpredictable! I fell in love with Hope and Antonio. They are alike in more ways than they realize. They have so much love to give, yet are so afraid of commitment. Beverly wrote with so much eloquence. Her words were affecting and appealing with the perfect delivery of each and every significant scene.
Hope Tidwell is focused on one thing, her
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
I'm a big fan of Beverly Preston. Her writing is fresh, witty and emotional. Her characters are real, smart and funny. I fall in love with all of her characters! The Italian is no exception. I love reading about hot, sexy, Italian men, since I'm 100% Italian and there are never enough books about them! Antonio stole my heart from the very first page. He only sees Hope when she's traveling and available and they have a sexy arrangement. They make time for each other but nothing more. No promises ...more
Mandy Spencer
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written book that can be read as a standalone or after it's prequel, but the author did a great job writing this book anyway to make it easy to follow up front. I loved this book, as I do with all the author's other books, but this one throws you for a loop, makes you cry, then makes you feel like everything is going to be absolutely amazing with a few hiccups in between. This book is a "love story" where love is found in the most unlikely places, with emotions that may make you ugly ...more
Lorraine
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

This was my first book by Beverly Preston and holy cannoli!!! She did NOT disappoint!

Hope and Faith are sisters. Now all grown up with their demons somewhat behind them, Faith is married to Riley and Hope is a successful sommelier, traveling the world and they all live in Seattle. We meet winemaker Antonio in the beginning of the story and he’s everything a woman would want in a sexy, sensual Italian man. Hope and Antonio have been friends and bedmates for years due to her job and travels
Becca
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Antonio and Hope will leave your heart happy. I loved this story so much and as a fan of the Mathews Series - we get a few moments with some of our favorite Mathew family members too.

Antonio and Hope have known each other for years, with an on and off relationship that was full of passion whenever the two were in the same country. Hope's last visit with Antonio spurred an offer for her to come to Italy full time and work with Antonio's sister-in-law. Although it's a dream job, she was happy
Michelle
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hope Tidwell was living the life. No strings relationships, a job she loved that included world travel and wine, everything was perfect. Until it wasn’t.

When she accepted her sister’s request, she never imagined how it would change her future forever. Accepting the job offer in Italy is just what she needs to give her new life a fresh start, but that also means seeing one of her lovers for more than a few weeks a year.

The Italian was a sweet contemporary romance packed with emotional moments.
Pat Wittman
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. I love the Matthews family. Faith and Hope got a raw deal for a mom. Tracy, Vincent and Antonio are such good characters. This is a great addition to the series. Can't wait for the next one.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Younger Man
  • Touched (Untouched #2)
  • Touched By Him (The Untouched Series, #3)
  • Untouched (Untouched #1)
  • Only His Touch: Part One (The Untouched Series, #4)
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • Only His Touch: Part Two (The Untouched Series, #5)
  • Forever Touched
  • The Burning Bush : A Montana Romance
  • Her Kensington (The Cocktail Girls)
  • Afterburn & Aftershock (Jax & Gia, #1-2)
  • 27 Truths: Ava's Story (The Truth About Love, #1)
  • Her First Kiss (Firsts, #1)
  • The Landry Family Series: Part One
  • Some Sort of Love (Happy Crazy Love, #3)
  • Forget the Stars
  • His First Crush (Firsts, #2)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
USA Today and Amazon Top 5 Bestselling Author, Beverly Preston has been a stay at home mom for 21 years, although she prefers the title Domestic Engineer. As her children begin to venture out on their own, she’s left to shed a tear—for a minute—wonder what’s next in life, and embrace the feeling of empowerment that surely must’ve been wrapped in a present she received on her fortieth birthday.

If

Beyond the Mathews Family (2 books)
  • A Taste of Summer (Beyond the Mathews Family, #1)
“Having feelings isn’t a weakness. It just means you’re human.”
“I know,” she lied, averting her gaze to the window.
“You don’t fool me, Hope.” He curled his finger beneath her chin, bringing her focus back to him. “This is the best I’ve ever had…the best I’ve ever felt in my life.”
3 likes
“You need to trust me, bella.”
“I do trust you, Antonio.”
“I want you to trust in this. In us.” Antonio took her hand and placed it on his beating chest. He laid his palm over her heart. “I’m not going anywhere.”
2 likes