Start by marking “Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay” as Want to Read:
Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay

Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay

A Sunday Times Top Ten Bestseller

MEET ME AT BEACHCOMBER BAY is a romantic, funny and unputdownable new novel about love and friendship from Jill Mansell, bestselling author of THE ONE YOU REALLY WANT and YOU AND ME, ALWAYS - 'A glorious, heartwarming romantic read' Woman & Home. Perfect for anyone who loves Milly Johnson, Lucy Diamond and Jenny Colgan.

Love is in the
Published May 18th 2017 by Headline Review (first published January 12th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay

Start your review of Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay
Whispering Stories
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Meet me at beachcomber bay was your stereotypical chick lit upbeat, light hearted, and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

Youre instantly rooting for the likeable and highly relatable protagonist Clemency, but for me it is the other relationships and character developments in the book that really set the bar high with this novel. Whereas other chick lit novels will focus solely on one character journey, possibly branching out into another one of two character plot lines, Jill Mansell has
Melisa
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a great summer book, Jill Mansell never disappoints!

I was going to make a general statement about how much I loved a part of this book, but I fear it may be a spoiler, so Ill just say - one of the themes of this book is 🙌👍👏.

The only good thing about being sick: lots of reading time.
Holly
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
It's been way too long since I've read a Jill Mansell book! And I have no excuses for this. Loved everything about this book. Probably one of my favorites by Mansell. If you are a fan of Sophie Kinsella, then I highly recommend choosing a book by Jill. It will make you happy. Trust me 😉
Joy
This is a terrific book! I really enjoyed it and almost gave it 5 stars. I loved the characters, especially Clemency and Sam and I wish I could visit Beachcomber Bay!
Obsidian
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. At first I hard cringed when I started reading and the premise was that one woman (Clem) had a meet-cute with a man who has now come back to her life in a surprising way. This leads Clem to faking a relationship with her best friend Ronan who has his own reasons for agreeing to go along with things. Clem's stepsister, Belle, doesn't know what is going on with Clem, but the two of them seem to be constantly battling each other with Belle refusing to ...more
Zoe
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivating, warm, lighthearted and funny!

This is an engaging, romantic story that reminds us that sometimes things happen for a reason and happy ever afters really do exist.

The prose is polished and beautifully descriptive. The setting is charming and quaint. The characters are sweet, lovable and real. And the plot is a wonderful mix of humour, heart, emotion and courage.

This is, ultimately, a story about life, love, loss, heartbreak, family, acceptance, happiness and discovering one's true
Gill Brown
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, I loved it. St.Carys would be the perfect place to live.
Andrea
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Hmmm. I'm awfully sorry to say this didn't live up to expectations. Enjoyable but predictable and a touch ho-hum.
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend to read so many crime books that reading this book was a total breath of fresh air.

Jill Mansell has yet again created a heart warming and feel good book with a great setting and even greater characters.

The story starts off with Clem meeting her perfect man when she is seated next to him on a plane. Fast forward three years and the perfect man walks back into her life but with another woman in toe.

I felt so sorry for Clem. She is such a fun and lovely person and she has never quite got
Best Crime Books & More
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been reading Jill Mansell for as long as she has been writing and her books rarely fail to hit the mark. This latest offering certainly ticks the boxes, but for me wasn't quite as good as her last book. Clemency is a lovely character and the usual descriptive offerings of the seaside town St Cary's make you want to visit. I especially liked her colleague and friend Ronan. Clemency's sister Belle also makes an appearance with her new boyfriend Sam in tow. The story is set around the town ...more
Maria
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Every spring, I look forward to Jills latest book as each one is a guaranteed light and fun read. Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay was no exception in that regard: Its got the usual small town setting, the beach, the intertwining stories of a handful of town residents The heroine, Clemency, is fun and relatable, in a bubbly-extrovert-hardly-wears-any-makeup-but-still-looks-cute sort of way. However, especially compared to Three Amazing Things About You (which was heartbreaking and beautiful), this ...more
Donna Irwin
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this latest novel from Jill Mansell, especially after going to see her at a book event in November and hearing about this book and her writing process. The usual mix of great characters, good plot, wit, misunderstandings and will they won't they romances - plus a few surprises along the way. This one also has a Cornish setting. You just know Jill will never let you down!
Rea Cobb
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow closer to publication
Agi
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases, 2017

It's January, so it's time for a new Jill Mansell's book! I can't imagine January without her new release, to be honest, I really hope the books will keep coming like this for ever and ever! I still can remember that "An Offer You Can't Refuse" was my first book by Jill Mansell and it made me fell in love with this author, and I still can remember the joys of discovering her long backlist of titles and excitedly working through them. "Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay" reminded me so much of "An
Lisa Whittaker
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a charity shop find and Im so glad that I found it?

I loved Clemency! I thought she was fabulous! To be fair I loved most of the characters in this book. Belle wasnt my favourite but she kind of grew on me. Dont want to spoil anything but the Belle outcome was a surprise!!

Im such a fan of Jill Mansell and this didnt disappoint. I love her style of writing and Im a sucker for a happy ending.

A definite ⭐⭐⭐⭐ from me.
Sharon
Love Jill Mansell books so was excited to see that she had a new book on the horizons. Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay is set in St Carys in Cornwall. The title of the book sounds lovely, the setting is lovely, the story is lovely. What is there not to like about this book.

The story begins with Clemency meeting the man of her dreams on a flight she is on. Even though they get on very well, unfortunately Sam is married and when Clemency gives him her business card, he puts it in the bin. Fast forward
Bookread2day
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

First of all as much of a fan I am of Jill Mansell, I hate this cover. It is not inviting and holds nothing into this fabulous story line. I wonder who here is responsible for this cover? I think this is Jill Mansell's best story ever. I just loved every page. I honestly did find this book totally unputdownable Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay is really a must buy for all Jill Mansell'e fans or romance lovers that would be new to Jill Mansell..Clemency just about makes her plane home. During the
Marina
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now I remember why I so enjoyed Jill Mansels books... :)
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Three different main characters, all of them just wanting to meet their true love. In at least two of their situations they may have already met the person already, but circumstances are conspiring against them. When you then add in a fake relationship, a few huge life altering announcements from some of the characters, and a gorgeous beachside location, you know you have all the makings of a classic Jill Mansell book. Which is of course what Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay is.

Clemency and
Anna
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jill Mansells Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay takes readers back to St. Carys, the setting for The Unexpected Consequences of Love. It was nice to see mention of those characters here and there, but Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay introduces a whole new cast of entertaining characters. The book opens with Clemency rushing to catch a flight, and she is forced to sit with a man whom she believes to be incredibly rude. By the end of the trip, she and Sam hit it off, but then a surprise revelation puts a stop ...more
Nicola Clough
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author and will not be the last as simply so well written and of course based in Cornwall which has a special place in my heart. It's full of families, romance, secrets and plenty of sunshine and the secrets have a way of coming out. The characters are brilliant and the countryside is lovely you feel you feel you are there. It's an easy read and gets you hooked straight away.
Clemency was on her way home on a plane and she sits next to a bloke who doesn't speak to
Angela Smith
Perfect beach reading or anytime really for that matter. If you are in the mood for a feel good novel with tangled relationships and happy endings then this is a good book for it.

This is the third Jill Mansell book I have read to date. I have many more on my tbr shelf. I do like the positivity of her stories. I read many genres of books, but we all need a little lightness from time to time.

The story starts off with Clemency on a flight to Malaga and finding herself seated next to a man who seems
Jill
Feb 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chicklit
What was Jill Mansell thinking when she wrote 'Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay'? I've read many of her books and they are all fun, light-hearted and romantic. But for me, this story had some uncomfortable moments and just plain silly situations: the two sisters were incredibly cruel and horrid to each other; a woman has a baby and she didn't even know she was pregnant; a guy lives with a girl he knows isn't right for him (as he loves her sister) but continues on with the relationship which seemed ...more
Fayzaan Shaba
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes wonderful things did happen, out if the blue and for no apparent reason. And what else could you do but go along with it and just be grateful that the person you loved more than anyone else in the world loved you too?"

Okay let me start by saying that I really don't prefer Romantic flicks , I just can't read a book about falling in love and blah..blah...blah.. but but this book surely changed my mind, I just downloaded the sample of this book on my Kindle and the next thing I know
Angie
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another great, feel-good read by Jill Mansell. I just adore her books and the happy, satisfied feeling I get when finish one. I literally don't want to stop reading once I start. This was no exception! I loved the characters and the love triangles. The story is quite clever and has many facets. If you are a fan of Jill Mansell, don't wait too long to pick this one up!

Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Full review nearer to publishing date.
Leonie
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Christie Barlow
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blooming LOVED it! Great holiday read
Susanne Baker
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I havent read a Jill Mansell book for ages, and after reading this fabulous book Im sure it wont be too long before I read another one! Such a brilliant book, lots of great characters and some very unexpected twists kept me enthralled and entertained.
Just a pleasure to read!
Ashleigh
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy from the publisher for review.

Longer review to go live on my blog on the date of publication. The story had promise, as it revolved around lives that became intertwined in a small town. Each had their own secrets that led to a conclusion that was not expected. However, I sometimes felt the characters were just suddenly thrown into situations to make it convenient for other things to happen - it made it too easy. So not really to my tastes.
Free Books, .99, ...: Giveaway - Jill Mansell Book Bundle 1 4 Mar 20, 2017 02:38PM

• Buren with benefits (Onbreekbaar #1)
  • The House of New Beginnings
  • Nee heb je
  • Paper Hearts & Summer Kisses
  • Vallen
  • The Endless Beach (The Summer Seaside Kitchen, #2)
  • Zoek het maar uit
  • Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne, #1)
  • Zes maanden zonder
  • Meer dan ooit
  • Bestemd voor mij
  • De mooiste dag van je leven
  • The Cafe by the Sea (Summer Seaside Kitchen, #1)
  • Helemaal het einde
  • I Owe You One
  • Ik mis je
  • Something To Tell You
  • Onbegrensde liefde (Onbreekbaar #2)
Jill Mansell lives with her partner and children in Bristol, and writes full time. Actually thats not true; she watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when shes completely run out of displacement activities does she write.

Jill Mansell's books have