Start by marking “Pony Dreams” as Want to Read:
Pony Dreams

Read Book* *Different edition

Pony Dreams

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The Pony Express brought mail across barren desert, endless prairies, and over steep mountains from April 3, 1860 to October 24, 1861. The telegraph has often taken the most blame for the Pony ceasing operations, although there were other reasons. One-hundred-forty-five years later, the internet made the telegraph obsolete. The romance of that time lives on, in the memorie ...more
Published June 14th 2016 by Solstice Publishing (first published October 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Pony Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pony Dreams

Susanne Matthews
Can you imagine going though your school years known by nothing but your initials? For those people with cool initials,like FBI or CIA, that's great. If you have one of those first names handed down by the family for generations, like Lucinda or Horace, you might agree too, but what if your initials weren't so great? What if they spelled a word you'd rather not be known as? Parents sometimes don't take time to realize how detrimental names and initials can be. Such is the case for poor old Alex, ...more
Debra Hartmann
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review - "Softly Say Goodbye" by KC Sprayberry - 5 Stars and a "Make Your Teen Read This!" Shout Out!

If you are looking for a book to put in the hands of your teenager, this is it. The author successfully brought me back to my own days in high school and though the lingo and terms used have changed a LOT, I was able to quickly learn and follow along. This is important; your teens are more likely to read something written in their language and hip style that they can relate to. There will pr
Teresa Nordheim
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Softly Say Goodbye’ introduces young adult readers to several incredible characters and one huge dilemma, underage drinking.
When a group of high school students, known as the Kewl Krew, begin filling their water bottles with alcohol, everyone seems to be turning their backs. Other students fear retaliation for ratting out the offenders and teachers seem to be ignoring the growing problem.
One high school senior isn’t afraid to share the facts with anyone who will listen. Erin Sellers begins to
Meryl
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great, gripping page turner!

KC Sprayberry's new series for teenage boys is off to a roaring start. Canoples Investigations Tackles Space Pirates is a rip-roaring, gripping mystery set on a space station in the 24th century. Seventeen-year-old BD Bradford, intrepid investigator, starts his day just like any other day--working toward becoming a law officer like his dad was before he died. But that Thursday, BD's life changes, and he's drawn into a mystery that includes his father's death, an att
Jessica Tornese
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sprayberry gives a glimpse into the pressures of teen life, both social and emotional. With a mixture of tragedy and relief, Sprayberry weaves a story of strong emotions that portray real life results when underage teens mess with drinking. Main character, Erin Sellers, is a tribute to strong teens who don't struggle with their identity. Her support group of friends help her face the Kewl Krew, a group of teens intent on bringing down everyone around them while drinking at school. All too often, ...more
Emmabain
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book of engaging characters and riveting scenes, Take Chances is more about finishing high school than about two incidences of school violence in Julie Bond’s life. Julie cares deeply about her close friends who are dealing with difficult home environments (as she is) and she shepherds them carefully in their last days of high school. Her flashbacks of a school shooting when she was five kept me tense knowing something was going to erupt during her senior year too. The book was solidly in the ...more
April Erwin
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KC Sprayberry has done a great job of allowing the reader to see through younger eyes with a new perspective. Too many of todays YA books fail to represent the youth that are responsible, moral and driven to help others.

Erin and her crew aren't your typical selfish teens. They see what underage drinking does to their friends and their families and they want to make a difference. Taking a stand costs them all a great deal, but they have families that support them and help them stay strong. What a
Bryan Rainey
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a very gripping book.

BD Bradford and his team from Canoples Investigations are thrown into a day that never seems to end for them. BD is just trying to make a few bucks for himself while making up with his girlfriend Cassie Wells.

The past comes back to haunt BD and endangers his friends Cassie and Carl. Space Pirates have arrived at Canoples Stations led by a man all thought dead!

If you love Sci-Fi, read this book! I couldn't put it down and cannot wait for Book 2: Canoples In
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hailey Hatmaker is a great character and is Ghost Catcher extraordinaire. I love the way she is determined to save her friends when their auras don’t look right. Hailey and the ghosties fight her nemesis, Limbo and the fire demons. The story is packed with action along with some funny moments thanks to Hailey’s ghost friend, Snotty Sammy. A ghost every kid would love. I look forward to reading more of Hailey Hatmaker and the ghosties’ adventures. Thanks, K. C. for a great read.
Penny Estelle
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haily Hatmaker has been chasing ghosts since seventh grade. Haily and her BBF, Sly, are the modern day Ghostbusters. With two friendly ghosts, Haily and Sly head out to save two of her friends and to finally rid the town of Limbo, the baddest ghost ever.

This story's action never stops. It like a roller coaster ride! I would recommend this cute story to anybody!
Francene Stanley
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reader sees life through the eyes of a sweet teenage girl in this realistic tale. She's modern and thoughtful despite disliking her controlling mother and missing her father. She longs to forget the past and enjoy her life, but a traumatic events haunts her, which warns of a similar occurrence to come. The excellent writing style pulls you along to the satisfying conclusion.
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't help but cry with Erin. KC has developed such real characters that I connected with them. This book is about teen drinking and the problems it can cause. But this story is also about love, friendship, and family. Thank you for a good cry as well as a good read.
Suzanne Montigny
Kathi Sprayberry has done it again. She's created a feel good story that not only deals with strong teen issues, but has us cheering for the heroine in the end. I stopped thinking of Erin as 'a teenager' early on in the book and began loving her like a daughter. Her strength is inspiring. I highly recommend this book to any teen.
Nik Morton
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a believable and heart-rending YA look at teen drinking, which includes tragic consequences. You might need a tissue for this one.
Penelope Bartotto
There are times when you start a book that it takes a bit of time to get in the flow of the story, this was the initial case for me. Once I hit the flow of this fabulous story, I was compelled to read it as fast as I could. I was then compelled to start spreading the word about the message this book is sending - teen drinking is a problem. Wait, don't turn away and think I am going to preach to you about the topic, that is for another time and another place.
I want you to read this review to disc
Christina M Condy
This book is amazing! As the mother of teenagers, I can attest to having the "drinking" discussion. You have no idea how many times I've told them about drinking and driving. Well perhaps you know since many of you are mothers as well. This book is a perfect example to give to your teenager. It is done in such a tasteful manner, but the message is loud and clear. For every action there is a counter action and in the case of drinking and driving those actions can be disastrous!

The characters in t
Michael Thal
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-novels
Erin Sellers, a senior at Landry High School, has the normal stresses of any Georgia graduating student. She has End of Course Exams (EOCs) to worry about as well as a state graduation test. But now, Mr. Janks, her favorite teacher, expects his students to perform an art EOC by painting murals around the community in an effort to clean up a drab downtown area.

Erin enlists her friends—boyfriend Bill, BFFs Shari and Tiana, and a few others to help with the task of painting the murals she’s planni
Julia
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KC Sprayberry really knows how to lay it all out for everyone to read. This book had me wondering when I should talk to my own children about peer pressure and drinking. Although my oldest states she will never even touch alcohol I know that conversation is coming up fast. Bullying and such is one thing the pressure of drugs and alcohol is quite another. As of now I'm just having to deal with bullying.

Erin Steller's is a head strong teen against drinking, especially teen drinking. If one is of a
April Erwin
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My longtime friend and fellow writer, KC Sprayberry has taken the publishing world by storm. After publishing a few short stories in anthologies, her first novel, Softly Say Goodbye, released with Solstice Publishing January 2013. Since then the contracts have been flying faster than snowflakes in a blizzard!

Who Am I? is just one of the most recent releases. This e-book novella is written about teens, but don't let that stop you. I was up until 3:45 am reading it straight through! Brooke is a r
A.A. Schenna
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Softly Say Goodbye

K.C Sprayberry is a multi-genre author who comes up with ideas from the strangest sources. Some of her short stories have appeared in anthologies, others in magazines. Softly Say Goodbye, Take Chances, Lost & Scared, Inits, Where U @, Canoples Investigations Tackles Space Pirates, Canoples Investigations Versus Spacers Rule, Paradox Lost: Their Path, The Curse of Grungy Gulley, Evil Eyes, The Wrong One, and Softly Say Goodbye are international best sellers. Who Am I? (a YA
Nancy
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take Chances is a YA novel that tackles plenty of difficult topics: school violence, prejudice, abuse, and dysfunctional families. The protagonist, Julie Bond, is a high school senior who’s been accepted to Stanford. She suffers from PTSD; as a kindergartner, she survived a horrendous incident of school violence. But, on her last day of school, poised to begin the next chapter of her life, the impossible happens again.

The aftermath is just as bad. Her mother compounds the event: she’s a distric
E.B. Sullivan
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Exciting and Meaningful Story

K.C. Sprayberry’s Take Chances blends nail biting action, realistic dialogue, and sensitive scenes to create a multilevel meaningful read. Teens from various backgrounds can identify with aspects of this story. Whether from a military family, a religious home, rich or poor youths have one thing in common namely parental control. Ms. Sprayberry’s believable teen characters illustrate random acts of violence, emotionally unhealthy parents, or a combination of both can
S. Policar
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was handed an ARC in exchanged for an honest review. Because this is an ARC I will speak nothing of any errors I may have found within this work.
This had to be the cutest piece of flash fiction I’ve ever read. It sounds like the end of a serious and I do hope K.C. will expand on it with other shorts about how the Ghosties met the other ghosts and perhaps a story for Limbo as well.
I was absolutely brought to think about the Ghostbusters while I read this. Only instead of it being four adult guy
Kathleen Janz-Anderson
This is a fun short story.

Hailey Hatmaker and her friends, known as the Ghosties, are teenage ghost busters. They live in a town called Landry Georgia where ghosts have been haunting the dwellers for many years. Most of the town-including their families-don't believe they see the ghosts, and they're always in hot water for creating havoc as they try to rescue their friends and foes.

Hailey is adorable, and the story is delightful funny, original and a good laugh. She and her Ghosties, and a numb
Jeanne Bannon
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take Chances is a young adult novel told from the point of view of Julie Bond, a high school senior who’d been traumatized by a shooting in her school when she was a child. Julie suffers from post traumatic stress disorder as she keeps flashing back on the childhood incident which occurred while she was in school in Europe. As she tries to get through her last days of high school and lead as normal a life as possible, she is once again thrown into the impossibility of a lightening striking twice ...more
A.A. Schenna
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who am I?

K.C Sprayberry is a professional, multi-genre author. Three of her books are Amazon best sellers.

Cover: Beautiful, the most appropriate for the story.

Readability: Descriptive writing, readers will enjoy spending some time with this book.

Messages: Miracles do happen and bear in mind that you will get what you deserve.

Originality: *****

In ten years: I will never forget Who Am I?

K.C Sprayberry is a successful, multi-published author. I think readers will love her work.
Sabina Bundgaard
I really liked this story; I can’t believe how much story she was able to put into those few pages. I couldn’t put it down; found myself gulping it down like a man who has been through the desert without water. I love the way Lorelei stands up for herself, wanted to smack Chase so hard, my hands were itching, altered between wanting to shake and applause his parents. Mama’s Advice kept me bound from first, to last page. Definitely NOT the last book I’ve read by Kathi!
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brooke has more trouble in figuring out who she is than most teens. She moves around a lot and with each move she takes on a new identity. This story is full of mystery and suspense. Thanks, K.C., for a great read.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
was a good book...hard for me to get into...but about 30% in and I couldn't give up I had ot know what happened....was very sad and a very touching subject
K.C. Sprayberry
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, young-adult
'softly Say Goodbye' is breathtaking 1 3 Nov 25, 2012 10:39AM
Living a dream she’s had since she first discovered the magic of books. K.C. Sprayberry traveled the U.S. and Europe before finally settling in the mountains of Northwest Georgia. She’s married to her soul mate for nearly a quarter of a century and they enjoy spoiling their grandchildren along with many other activities.

A multi-genre author, K.C. Sprayberry is always on the hunt for new stories.
More about K.C. Sprayberry