Start by marking “Dark Heart, Heavy Soul (Konstantin 4)” as Want to Read:
Dark Heart, Heavy Soul (Konstantin 4)

Dark Heart, Heavy Soul (Konstantin 4)

An adversary from the past asks Konstantin Boryakov for a favour – break into a facility designed to protect £200 million in cash and steal an item far more valuable. Theft, murder, mayhem and a sprinkling of deception await him…

All Konstantin Boryakov wants is a quiet life. In Margate. But someone is looking for him, someone who’ll do whatever they can to get the ex-KGB a
Published June 14th 2016 by Gladius Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Heart, Heavy Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Heart, Heavy Soul

Rowena Hoseason
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Konstantin is a killer. Ex-KGB, ex-FSB, now skulking in the shadows. He dresses like a tramp, bears a bitter grudge from his past life, always checks over his shoulder and rarely fights fair. He’s an excellent operations planner and is known in the worst kind of way to the British security services... who make one of those offers he can’t refuse to do a job he’d rather not.

Konstantin is allocated a team; a killer woman with a skill-set to match his own, a bent corrections officer with a penchan
David Baird
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So today I’m reviewing book 4 in Keith Nixon’s Konstantin series. If you follow my reviews you’ll know I’ve read and enjoyed Keith’s work before and this certainly didn’t let me down.

Konstantin is a brilliant character, with snip bits of information about his past being dropped throughout the book.. This made him a very intriguing character and likeable. His inner monologue had me smiling, he’s got this great sense of humour which I loved and as a reader I felt privileged to read his inner thoug
Shervin Jamali
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Fast paced, cleverly plotted and intriguing. If you, like me, have not read the first three books in the series, fear not, as this one works just fine as a stand-alone. Nixon's writing style is abrupt and matter-of-fact. Since the narration is essentially the protagonist's inner monologue, this works very well. Konstantin is a likable anti-hero, an enigma shrouded in mystery; I would have liked more chapters on his past, but Nixon knew what he was doing there too, giving just enough, ...more
Paul Brazill
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Dark Heart, Heavy Soul, the former KGB anti-hero is reluctantly dragged into taking part in a heist which soon spirals out of his control.

Keith Nixon’s Dark Heart, Heavy Soul is the best Konstantin Boryakov novel yet. Nixon smoothly blends high-octane thrills with gritty crime fiction. Dark Heart, Heavy Soul is packed full of tension, action, humour, great characters, sharp dialogue and a hell of a lot of warmth too.

An absolute belter!
Darren Sant
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this latest offering from Keith Nixon we get some interesting insights into the Konstantin's past. As always Nixon weaves an intricate story filled with blood, violence, dark humour and a satisfyingly engrossing read. Highly recommended.
Tom
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enigma

Konstatin is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, inside a conundrum,and that is the key to following his intriguing saga.
Al
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2017
This is Keith Nixon’s fourth book featuring ex-KGB agent Konstantin Boryakov. While Konstantin is doing his best to lay low, trouble has a way of finding him. When it does then he’ll do what needs to be done, whatever that may be. All of the Konstantin books have been intense, edge-of-the-seat reads. I’ve found the character of Konstantin interesting in that in many ways he seems amoral, yet when you look deep, it’s apparent how untrue that impression is.

What set Dark Heart, Heavy Soul apart fro
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Even though Dark Heart, Heavy Soul is the fourth novel in the Konstantin series and there are a few characters from previous books, I do actually think it works well as a stand alone.

Having read other books in the series, I feel like I know a little bit more about Konstatntin but nowhere near as much as I would like to. I don't think I have ever come across a character like him. He is surrounded in an aura of mystery and suspense and I am really dying to know more about his whole background and
Linda Acaster
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime
The narrator, Konstantin Boryakov, started life as a bit player in ‘The Fix’ but this well-developed ex-KGB character has been elevated to a deserved series of his own – most of which I’ve not read. That is not a problem here as ‘Dark Heart, Heavy Soul’ reads well as a stand-alone novel.

At first the staccato delivery of the first-person narration takes some getting used to as it acts as a barrier to shield the man from the reader just as he uses it to shield himself from life. But the rhythm soo
Christina
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wild, suspenseful adventure with a cast of complicated and yet (worryingly) relatable characters, this is great fiction.

Konstantin is living a (relatively) peaceful existence when a woman with a penchant for fights and an adversary from the past lead him into an impossible dilemma: break into a secure cash facility to steal an unknown item ... or die. And that's just the beginning.

Pacy, sharp, and witty, this is a relentless ride into the recesses of, well, dark hearts. The characters were ve
Mark Wilson
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nixon continues his most prominent character's story in this stand-alone instalment. The punchy, economical writing structure which has become the character's signature narrative style is present, as is the acerbic wit regular readers have come to expect. Another solid novel to add to Nixon's bulging portfolio.
Ryan Bracha
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Keith Nixon builds yet more bricks onto the solid foundation of his most famous creation.

He's perfected the short, sharp prose and snappy dialogue that comes with this series by now, and it's all the stronger for it. My favourite of his Konstantin books, after his flawless debut, The Fix. Five easy stars.
Purity Brown
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable romp with the mysterious Russian, Konstantin.
Pauline Pope
Apr 27, 2017
Robert Cowan
Jul 24, 2016
Keith Nixon
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Victoria Frost
Feb 26, 2019
S A Stamp
Oct 05, 2017
Dave James
Jun 02, 2018
Sarah Swanscombe
Apr 30, 2018
Keith Nixon is a British born writer of crime and historical fiction novels. Originally he trained as a chemist, but Keith is now in a senior sales role for a high-tech business.

Keith currently lives with his family in the North West of England. His novels are published by Bastei Lubbe & Gladius Press.

Sign up to a regular newsletter for information on upcoming books, offers etc. at http://www