Start by marking “Hard Core” as Want to Read:

Hard Core

A new standalone romance from NYT bestselling author Tess Oliver.

Ledger
239 pages
Published June 20th 2016 by Sugartree Press

To ask other readers questions about Hard Core, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Core

Sabrina
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I'm pretty sure I've already said this a ridiculous amount of time, but let me restate. If Josh Mario John is one the over, I will read it! That's what drew me to this book and I am so glad that it did because I've missed Tess Oliver's writing and I can't believe I haven't read one of her books in so long.

Hard Core was an easy story to follow, and Ledger and Jacy were well written characters that I enjoyed reading about. They both had a past that was woven into the story as you got further into it andlong.
Hard
Deserie williams
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent, sweet read. honestly I loved the hero! Such a sweetheart. I liked the heroine too. it was a bit hard to read a few times but for the most part it was enjoyable. the hero for me made this book! I need way more of an epilogue. Not nearly enough. I know they are it for each other and will have babies one day but no real mention of marriage and living together(which I know they are but wanted confirmation). I also wanted the actual ILY's!

safety:
heroine was married before.
her ex
Ashleyjo
Note to self and anyone else that hates fluffy dribble:

Oh, me... Oh, my.

The blurb and cover looked so promising.

I'm a sucker for undercut hair, tats, and big broad unearthly shoulders. Pass the gravy, Please!!!

But, this shit is like the discontent you feel channel surfing at 2am.

The home improvement channel...

"The crumbling, waterlogged beach house I'd rented...

"The hillside in front of the house had splintered planks of wood jutting out from the plants, a makeshift staircase to the sand that, l
Erika
4 stars!

Sweet romance with a really great hero and a likable heroine. Maybe would have liked a bit more in terms of ILYs, and maybe a further-down-the-road epilogue, but it was still a lovely and sexy romance. Definitely recommend.

Trigger warning: (view spoiler)
Bark
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audiobook
I haven’t a clue why this book is called Hard Core because it’s not hard core at all and that’s not a terrible thing. Just don’t be misled by the title thinking you’re going into some gritty, taboo, murder filled read. You might be disappointed if that’s the case.

Hard Core is a sweet, slightly saucy little love story. Ledger has recently been released from prison for a stupid but rather harmless offense. He’s covered in tattoos but he’s nothing but sweetness on the inside.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3.5 Stars!!

I loved the idea of this book, but I didn’t feel the overwhelming powerful connection between Ledger & Jacy that I love in my H&h’s. Jacy’s picking up the pieces of her life, after getting out of an abusive marriage. Ledger was always in trouble growing up until one day he went a bit too far and ended up in jail.

Ledger and Jacy are both trying to live their lives and find comfort in one another…but Ledger is keeping a secret, one that can destroy the fragile relationship their bui
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Ok

Fucking HOT cover model doesn't equal good book. When will I learn this? This story was pretty damn boring. More of the dark past stuff. heroine is pretty boring. Scratch that, she is extremely boring! Hero seems cool, but a bit tame for a dude out of prison. The twist wasn't good enough and the abusive ex was so cookie cutter unrealistic, it just didn't gel for me.

I don't know what all these high reviews are about! Hard Core?? Not.

♡Tonya♡
Ledger fell in love with Jacy before he had ever seen her. Being the cell mate of her abusive ex husband, he had heard enough about her to know she was an amazing person. After he was released from prison, he decided to go and check on her and make sure she was ok.
Jacy had lost do much during her marriage, physically and emotionally. She had settled in a small seaside town and was trying to get on with her life. When a man moves in the cottage next door and she befriends him, she could never i
Barbara➰
Jun 21, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-tbr, cover-lust
I sure do love me some tattoos.....
Heroesinbooks
Such a lovely book this one. Jacy is such a likeable heroine and despite going to Hell and back she has carved out a new life for herself . Rockwood Beach is a tiny all American seaside town. The imagery and language Tess Oliver uses to describe it is stunning. I felt like I was right there, walking along the beach with the sea mist rolling in and the cool air on my face. But I digress......
Ledger has left prison and purposefully relocates himself to Rockwood Beach . He knows Jacy but she
Janie
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-the-cover
4.5 stars. This is a story of two broken people coming together and healing each other. Jacy went through something absolutely devastating and is just trying to live her life day-by-day but is a shell of the woman she used to be. She doesn't know how to trust anymore. Ledger has been through so much as well, a lot he brought on himself. He wants to have a better life and be a better man. When they meet they both recognize something in each other. There are a few bumps along the way for sure that ...more
Susani
Book

Loved the H! He made mistakes in his past, but held himself accountable without making excuses. He chose to change, make better life decisions and to become a better man. The h was eh. I am not fond of heroines who don't leave abusive men immediately. Of course she was young, naive, blah, blah, blah. The H made the book for me. I would have loved more of an epilogue further in the future, but there was enough for me to assume they will have a good and loving
Jos
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 PLUS Incredibly Beautiful Stars

OK, first let me say that 5 Stars for me is just NOT enough!!!!!! I am sort of speechless at the moment in that there are truly NOT enough words to convey the right emotions that this storyline and these characters made me feel throughout, but I will try:)

Ok, so Author Tess Oliver, KUDOS to you on a brilliantly written book! The writing was phenomenal, the storyline was so unique and emotional, I can't even begin to describe the emotions t
Valentine
Maria
Jun 16, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 45%

Here is what got me. You have a couple that is basically starting a first time real relationship in their twenties. Both have a past. Trauma and drama. They are taking baby steps. Makes sense right? After a couple of weeks they are still taking baby steps however running to the bedroom to have sex the likes of which people with loads and loads of experience well, experience.

I call bullshit.

Meh. You can’t judge a book by its cover. True that.
Hollie
This made for a sweet and easy light romantic read. The couples had a genuine feel to them. No cheating or extensive angst which was refreshing. I was also pleased it was offered as a kindleunlimited. I'll definitely read more of this writers work. While I didn't fall in love with this one I'm still glad I read it.
Kristiej
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are so many ways that different books pop up on my radar. I was ‘invited’ to a GoodReads list of heroes unjustly sent to prison. As this is one of my favourite tropes, I checked it out and since it looked interesting, was up my alley, I gave it a read. And my goodness what a delicious little read this was.

I don’t know how to describe it but this was a lonely kind of book. It takes place in a small town on a lake where there are a lot of wild open spaces. I could almost hear the
Alisha Lynn
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
*3.5 Stars*

This was a good, not great, short read. Ledger was so sweet and super sexy. Jacy was sweet, but broken. I absolutely loved their sexy times and the delicious dirty talk! I would have given a higher rating but it was missing a few things for me. I was desperately needing the "how much you mean to me" and "I love you" speeches. In addition to that, I felt the ending with her ex-husband was very anticlimactic and the ending felt rushed. I also needed more of an epilogue.
Karen
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sorry, Tess but those five stars are for the cover model. The story was wonderful and nothing like what you'd expect by the hot cover model and book title. I could fully picture the shoreline and the off season town. I felt the empty loneliness that Ledger had after prison. I think he got ripped off at sentencing but that isn't the story.

This story was starting over. Thanks, Tess.
CeCe
Jacy suffered mental and physical abuse from her ex-husband. She meets Ledger, her new next door neighbor. Ledger feels familiar but she does not know why. Ledger and Jacy begin a romance. Ledger is an ex-con for something stupid he did years before. He took a cop car for a joy ride. Anyway, Ledger has a secret. He "knew" Jacy before they officially met.

I felt Jacy played games with Ledger in the beginning. She told him she could only be friends, but then wondered why he did not kiss
Heather Pollock
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
#REVIEW @Tess_Oliver

QueenZany 4 Star Review

by Tess Oliver

So this is my first Tess Oliver book! I was truly taken aback by her way of drawing you into the story. Making you feel like you are one with the characters. Well written that is captivating, sizzling and emotional. Yes all at the same time. I was just yearning for these two broken souls to find their way!! Great read!! Thank goodness for a HEA!!

Michelle
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, author-arc
What a crazy story...You keep guessing and guessing on what you think ties these characters all together, and you still get it wrong! My jaw hit the ground when it finally got revealed. It's so hard to not spoil this story line. Let's just say, the characters are amazing and you just cannot stop reading this one!
Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)
This was my first Tess Oliver book and I must say that I've been missing out. I'll leave it at that so I can expand on my review later!
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)

SAVE $3
SALE
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

LEDGER-
Sometimes one good dose of trouble could turn your life around, put you on the right path. But I'd taken the opposite side of the forked road and headed off looking for even more trouble, like a junkie constantly searching for the next high. Never would I have guessed that turn would lead me to her .
I couldn't stop thinking about her. She was an angel, a hard core, bone-fide angel and in her short life, she'd already had a taste of hell .

-JACY-
Despair. Heartbreak. Silenc
Brianda
Unpopular opinion, as far as I can see...

Yes, I was totally fooled y the name (Hard Core my ass) and by the cover... "Never judge a book..." they say, and apparently I havent learned.
This story was just BORING. I got it on audio and first of all, the female narrator had the most annoying nasal voice ever (Hun, this is not your calling). The male narrator I love, but he cant work miracles and make a bad book good just with his voice. One thing I liked was the fact th
Shelby Lamb
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
Damn! Ledger is such a hottie! I won't forget this book for a long while. I love how Tess Oliver showed that bad boys can have a heart of gold too! Lovely lovemaking scenes, and beautiful, heartwarming moments. Thoroughly enjoyed this one!
Amy
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tess Oliver
4 stars -- only because I wanted more and it felt left unfinished – Im selfish like that.

What a really fantastic and intriguing read! I was so glad I found this one on Tracy’s blog and clicked it up. Hard Core is a love story of a different kind. I cant say how because it would spoil some very interesting events but Im telling you its very much worth the read.

Jacy is starting again. Moving to the sleepy beach town of Rockwood and opening up the coffee shop was
Loraine Oliver
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Hard Core by Tess Oliver is a book that is a little bit different than her last books but it was every bit as good if not even better! This book tells the story about a man who is in a bad place and through the words of another falls in love with what he thinks is a perfect angel of a woman.

Jacy is a young woman who married right out of high school and made a very bad mistake. The man she married was nothing like the young man he was in high school -he turned out to be a physically and mentally
Romance Readers Retreat
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well wasn't this another fine example of what Tess Oliver can do with her writing.

When 2 people come together to try find a new future we generally get the typical boy meets girl, falls in love blah blah but this isn't how Ledger and Jacy's story goes, it's a bit more complicated than that. Ledger has a troubled past and Jacy has a tragic past and both of them are still running from it. When Ledger moves into a rented run down beach house in a small beach town, naturally Jace wants to know who
K
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I finally finished it!!! I literally started this book two months ago and finished it today. To be clear, it was not a bad book nor did it take an actual massive amount of time to read, I just lost interest for a while.

So, I guess my big problem was my preconceived notions, and the blurb really did not help. I am fairly new to Tess Oliver's books, so with the gorgeous cover (Josh Mario John is the model) and the name Hard Core, I expected something....harder. This really should have been titled

• A Daring Proposition
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Trouble
  • From The Ruins
  • Besting the Billionaire
  • Unraveled
  • Shadow & Soul (The Night Horde SoCal, #2)
  • Construction Beauty Queen (Small Town, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Eu Me Chamo Antônio
  • Snow Fence Road
  • Going Down on One Knee (Mile High Matched, #1)
  • Lone Star Millionaire (World's Most Eligible Bachelors #10)
  • Jameson (Brothers Ink, #1)
  • Risky
  • No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
  • Closer (Loose Ends, #2)
  • Havoc
Tess Oliver is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Custom Culture series and a large collection of other romances. She is well known for her relatable characters who "become your friends" as you journey with them and for intriguing stories that will have you "devouring her books in just one day". Tess has been featured on USA Today's 'Happy Ever After' site, and in publicati ...more
“What’s wrong?” “Nothing. I just wish there was a way to bottle your laugh. I’d wear it on a chain around my neck. That way, I could listen to it anytime.” 2 likes
“You’re right. I promise. And I have something pretty” 0 likes