Start by marking “Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)

Pipe Dreams

(Brooklyn Bruisers #3)

A goalie has to trust his instincts, even when taking a shot to the heart…

Mike Beacon is a champion at defending the net, but off the ice, he’s not so lucky. A widower and a single father, he’s never forgotten Lauren Williams, the ex who gave him the best year of his life. When Lauren reappears in the Bruisers office during the playoffs, Beacon sees his chance to make thin
Published May 2nd 2017 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Pipe Dreams, please sign up.
RachelW (BamaGal) Mike is a goalie; and in hockey terms, the 'pipes' are the frame that holds the goal net.

Christy
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!!!

photo 18268425_10103775542095248_6476660725200402045_n_zpsrlqjzijs.jpg

Pipe Dreams is the third book in Sarina Bowen’s Brooklyn Bruisers series and by far my favorite yet! That could very well change if I ever get my highly coveted Nate and Becca book (hehe) but in all seriousness, I love when I’m reading a series and each book gets better and better. Bowen has done that with this series and I couldn’t be happier.

Mike Beacon is a single dad and the goalie for the Brooklyn Bruisers. Four years ago, Mike was in a relationship with the love of his life, L
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

OH MY GAWD. I loved this book so hard! Sarina Bowen, you have outdone yourself!!!

Pipe Dreams is the third book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series but can easily be read as a standalone novel. This book follows Mike Beacon, goalie for the Bruisers and Lauren, the office manager to the man who owns the team. Four years ago they had been in a relationship, happy and in love, until two years ago when Mike broke up with Lauren and basically disappeared from her life very rapidly. What Lauren
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Single father... COME TO ME!

➳ARC kindly provided by publisher, in exchange for an honest review…

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
nick
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, contemporary
PLEASE be Nate & Becca's book.

----------------------------------------

I have to say, I originally wasn’t very happy going into Pipe Dreams despite having loved the Sarina Bowen books that I have read simply because the couple wasn’t who I was expecting it to be. But fret not! Bowen was able to once again win me over with her swoony boys and her even swoonier romances. As always, reading a book by her just brings me pure joy.

Most of the books that I’ve read from Sarina Bowen have been second
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Sooooooo

Overall it was just so

*whispers* boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Also can we not use a child as a main obstacle for a love story

#CanWeNotPleasePleasePlease

But really overall it was just so

*whispers* boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Also dead wife because why the fuck not

Seriously though it was just so

*whispers* boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Also I must have missed the tension somewhere

Because there was none

Nooooooooooooone

Sigh. I liked them enough, I guess, but I didn't care whatsoever, alright?

For more of
Nicola
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Of the three books in Sarina Bowen's Brooklyn Bruisers series, Pipe Dreams struck the jackpot for me. Sometimes a read works for you simply based how you're feeling and right now a lighter, sexy romance with wonderful characters was exactly what I needed.

description

When the single dad trope is done right, I'm as happy as a clam and I can't fault Sarina here: I loved the Bruisers' goalie, Mike, a man doing a sterling job of balancing his career and raising his teenage daughter, Elsa. And when he's reacquai
Alex ♈
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, sports
3.5 Doing the Dream Stars

Pipe Dreams is a standalone and is part of the Brooklyn Bruisers series. This is Mike and Lauren’s book. I love a second chance romance book and I liked the overall plot and theme to this one.

Mike is the goalie and he’s a man with a lot of baggie. He has a cheating ex-wife, a daughter and he wants a relationship with Lauren. But sadly you can’t have it all. Mike makes a choice years ago and it has cost him. So its years later and Lauren and Mike are interacting once aga
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
RELEASE DAY (SHAMELESS) BUMPING! Yeah, I know it's obnoxious but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever have one of those authors that just does it for you? SB is that author for me. When I got approved for this I… had a moment. That maybe only dogs could hear, but whatevs. I had some excite happening, k?

I really did look at it on my kindle with heart eyes telling myself I should wait. Then my id kicked my superego in the nads and maybe made some lewd hand gestures. In short, I caved. I sa
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 sweet stars

I love this series and I'm always excited for the next book!Pipe Dreams was an intense,emotional and sweet story.It's a second chance romance with a slow burn.Both characters are lovable!Lauren is smart and independent, you can easily connect with her.Mike is one of my favorite so far!I like him a lot, he has everything I wanted in a hero.Lauren and Mike have some really intense and sweet moments.I love that in this book we don't have a lot of drama.I'm sure Mike will captivate you
Angie Elle
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
ARC from publisher

I am so so sad to report that I found Pipe Dreams disappointing, cliched…and boring. And I just want to get this review out of the way so I can go back into my Sarina Bowen happy place and await her next book.

So what we have here is a man who got out of an unhappy marriage, shacked up with a woman he’d been flirting with during many of his unhappily married years to find he was blissfully happy, only to leave her when his wife fell ill so he could care for her and his daughter.
Jayme
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best of the best! I love Sarina Bowen for realistic characters and fantastic stories. And once again she gave it to me in the third Brooklyn Bruisers book. And who doesn't like those sexy hockey players sometimes or... all the time.

We finally get to know story of the Brooklyn Bruisers's goalie Mike Beacon. He has a complicated past with Lauren Williams, once a friend, then a girlfriend, now ex with which he could have a second chance. If they get courage and get along with all the misunderstandi
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
"You're my happy thought, Lo."

The Brooklyn Bruisers series, I swear, just gets better with each and every book. This trend held true with Pipe Dreams. It's funny that the hero of this book, Mike Beacon, the Bruisers goalie, never really piqued my interest in prior books. But, little did I know, his story would be the most emotional and enjoyable of them all. This angst fan was in all her glory here!

Widower and dad, Mike, lives a life of trying to balance pro hockey with fatherhood to a teen
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon*B&N*Kobo

I wasn't sure how this read would turn out for me since Lauren's character came off as very cold in the previous book, but this series has been going so well for me I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read it. I didn't have anything to worry about because once we got to see her character more you saw the pain she was trying to hide and it really made me feel for her.

Lauren and Mike were really fun characters to read about and I was happy that they didn't let the pa
Ari
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Pipe Dreams is the third (and hopefully not the last!) installment in the Brooklyn Bruisers series and once again Sarina Bowen has proven that she can do no wrong. To be completely honest, I was not very excited for this book, mainly because I was really hoping that this would’ve been Nate and Becca’s story. But dammit to hell, Sarina Bowen somehow managed to get
Auntee
I liked it better than the previous book--not as many glaring hockey related errors and the story had a little more depth and angst. I was happy to see that the character Lauren was redeemed. No wonder she was such an angry bitchy mess in Hard Hitter! The hero Mike was a bit clueless at first-- He definitely owed Lauren a long overdue apology and an explanation---but if he had done that then there would have been no need for this second chance romance!
I enjoyed this one and all the drama that we
FMABookReviews
❝I miss the hell out of you, that's all. I miss you so much it hurts.❞

The third book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series, Pipe Dreams brings us the story of the Ice Princess herself, Lauren Williams and the man who thawed her, goalie Mike Beacon. This was a sweet, second chance romance.

If you read book #2, Hard Hitter, you learned Lauren may not have been so good with adults, but she had an affinity for children. She was great with them. In Pipe Dreams, Lauren is focused on becoming a mother. Ev
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is third in a series, though the others don't really factor in much. It does feature as another datapoint in the ongoing Nate/Becca slow-burn which is so far the biggest reason to read these all in order.

This one doesn't have the problematical elements that were tacked onto the first two books. This one builds its problematical elements right into the two main characters. This is an improvement because it makes the story much more believable. But that's offset by having characters that I di
Eliza
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it

Lauren has earned the reputation as an Ice Princess, and not without merit, so much so she even has a glare named after her. Going by what we’ve previously seen of the right hand woman to the team’s manager, she’s stand offish and has made her resentment at being at the club rather clear. The time and distance away from the stadium have been therapeutic but she is in no way looking forward to being back, or the prospect of running into the team’s goalie, Mike Beacon.

As a result of misplaced goo
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

I LOVEDDD this!! Omg. Pipe Dreams might be my favorite of the Brooklyn Bruisers series. I freaking loved Lauren and Mike so hard! Their second chance romance is angsty, emotional, and SO sweet. Mike is definitely a man who knows how to grovel and win back the love of his life. ;) If you love second chance romances or sports romances, you need to read Pipe Dreams in your life!

Widower, single father, and hockey goalie Mike Beacon lost the love of his life af
Sam (AMNReader)
3.5 So, according to the...err...data among my friends, I'm a bit of an outlier here.

I thoroughly enjoyed this second chance. It was a total mess of a real life-type second chance. None of the characters were perfect, and the story itself was crafted well enough to wrap around me like a hug. It's isn't the best romance, but in terms of Bowen, this hits a higher note on my scale.

The solidly mature hero, who made a huge mistake, but was open, honest and loving was a huge selling point. The pri
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Whoooop! Pipe Dreams was absolutely perfect! I enjoyed every minute of this book. It's my favorite in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. I remember I was a little scared with Lauren's character who was so uptight in the previous book but that is all a facade. She's just a woman with a broken heart and two years of building wall around herself to prevent from any pain to happen again.
Mike Beacon is a the Brooklyn Bruisers' goalie and I have to admit I don't really remember him but he was such a fine
Amber
A fabulous second-chance romance and great addition the the Brooklyn Bruisers series. So far my favorite book in the series. Each book just keeps getting better and better.

Mike and Lauren started having feelings for one another years ago while Lauren was the office manager for the Brooklyn Bruisers hockey team and Mike was the goalie. Neither one of them acted upon these feeling or even knew that the other person felt the same way. Mike was married and a stand up guy and would never stray even
Kindling Micky
A good second chance romance within the team involving previously crusty Lauren. The writing and story was equitable in quality with the others in the series. BUT I need Becca and bossman next please.
Carmen Rae
Well it's no secret I am an idiot. I am such a massive Sarina Bowen fan and I have been absolutely dying to get my hands on Brooklynaire to read Nate and Rebecca's story since the very first Brooklyn Bruisers novel. Then today the ARC arrived on my kindle and I was so excited but then I remembered that I had put off reading the last one because I was sure it was going to make me a blubbering mess and I didn't think my hormones could handle it.

But of course I had to read that one first so I pulle
Madge
May 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: worst-of-2017
This book was a freakin' mess. My 1-star review might not offset all the freebie 5-star Netgalley raves, but for those who have to fork out money for it, I suggest spending cash on pretty much any other romance out there instead of this disappointing read.

ALSO, SPOILERS, SO IF YOU'RE PHOBIC, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

1) The hero, Mike, is a cipher who Bowen presents as an egotistical "dumb jock" (Bowen's words, not mine) into knocking up the women with whom he has sex, and who suffers from random, une
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2mV9HUp

*pets the pretty pretty goalie*

Now, Pipe Dreams. Mike? Well, Mike screwed up right good a couple years back and pretty much broke Lauren. And blast it all to hell now she's having to deal with his stupid ass since she's working up close and personal with his hockey team while someone is out on medical leave. And, well, feelings... are still rather raw and all kinds of confusing as they deal with the past and damn blasted
Shayna
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!!! Who is my GO-TO author for ALL THINGS sports romances? Yep, it's ALWAYS Sarina Bowen! This woman gives us THE BEST characters and THE MOST scintillating and most entertaining storylines out there. I always DEVOUR anything this woman lays out for me and they are ALWAYS one-night reads. Once you start, there is ABSOLUTELY NO putting it down.

"Come here, sweetheart." ... "I need to kiss you."

And there goes my heart! Mike Beacon is just EVERYTHING! That m
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 21, 2016 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Hockey, Romance
This is a tale of reverse positions...
What does a Goalie do when he has to leave himself open...
And the object of his desire...
Is protecting her heart like it is the Stanley Cup....

He made a huge mistake and wants a final chance...
She still feels the pull...
But can she forgive and let him be the one...

The Brooklyn Bruisers are at it again....

Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3) May 2nd 2017

Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1) by Sarina Bowen Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers #2) by Sarina Bowen Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruise
  • So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)
  • Playing It Cool (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #2)
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • On Broken Wings (Wild Aces, #3)
  • Taming the Legend (London Legends, #4)
  • Shot on Gold (Play by Play, #14)
  • One More Shot (Hometown Players, #1)
  • The Hidden Life
  • Contract Baby (Hellion Club #2)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
  • Hearts on Ice (Game On in Seattle #3.5: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey)
  • Gray For You (8 Million Hearts #2)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4)
  • Straight-ish (Straight, #2)
  • Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)
  • Play by Play (Play Makers Shorts, #1)
  • More Than Anything (Upstate Education #2)
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of many things, including: the True North series, Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy, The Ivy Years series and the Brooklyn Bruisers. And more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get all the l

Brooklyn Bruisers (6 books)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn Bruisers #4)
  • Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn Bruisers #5)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn Bruisers #6)
“I love you. Hell, I’ve always loved you. But my family needs me right now, and there isn’t any other way.” 0 likes