Start by marking “Heat In The Bayou (Dark Warrior Alliance, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Heat In The Bayou (Dark Warrior Alliance, #7.5)

Heat In The Bayou

(Dark Warrior Alliance #7.5)

When a new drug goes rampant in the Tehrex Realm, shifter Zeke Jackson heads to New Orleans to get to the bottom of things. Thrust into a city filled with mystery and magic, Zeke finds more than he had bargained for with the seductive Voodoo Priestess, Tia Benoit. Forced to follow Tia into the world of the dead to get his answers, Zeke finds himself in over his head. ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 72 pages
Published June 15th 2016 by Trim and Julka, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Heat In The Bayou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat In The Bayou

Start your review of Heat In The Bayou (Dark Warrior Alliance, #7.5)
MillsyLovesBooks
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from Brenda Trim and Tami Julka, so i had no expectations going in. Heat in the Bayou is a short paranormal/shifter Novella, when i started this book i didn't realise that this book is part of quite a large series Dark Warrior Alliance there is a total of #7.5 books three of them are novella's. This books is #4.5 in the series and while it can be read as a standalone i think the experience would have been made better if i had read them in order. This is not to say i didn't ...more
Karen Voitik
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
>Book review - Heat in the Bayou

>This novella is part of the Dark Warrior Alliance series and ends in an HEA. Zeke is a panther shifter sent to New Orleans to look into the source of a deadly drug, Angel's Kiss. This drug is deadly for shifters and Zeke enlists the help of a voodoo mambo to find where the drug is being manufactured and stored. As a love story, of course Zeke and Tia find they are fated mates. This story has an interesting premise, but some parts of the story are missing.
Whitney
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been provided with a copy of Heat in the Bayou by the author for an impartial review. This is a novella in the Dark Warrior Alliance series and we are back in New Orleans were we previously met Voodoo Priestess Tia Benoit and we finally get to learn more about her and her fated mate Zeke Jackson. This novella was just so short I didn’t want it to end and I loved getting to see more of these characters. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Denise
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romances
Nice novella about Zeke, a panther shifter from Seattle, and Tia, Marie Leveau's Mambo in New Orleans. Zeke has been sent to NOLA to look into the Angel's Kiss drug which was highly addictive and often fatal to supernaturals. It is suspected that New Orleans is a center for the manufacture and distribution of the drug and Zeke is looking for information about possible locations to investigate. What he wasn't expecting was the instant attraction to his contact, Tia.
Mistie Read-Scroggins
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just like with other books in this series, they need better proofreading. There are countless missing words, duplicate words and discrepancies. Are Tia’s eyes light or dark green?! Pick one and stick with it.
Veronica LaRoche
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short quick read that will have you wanting more. Tia has longed to find her fated mate and finally the day comes when Zeke comes to her shop. The connection is instant and turns out the Vampire King was right when he told Tia who her mate was.
Debra
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these two authors together! I love this series! As I finished one book went to the next! I dont see how in the world each book didn't get 5 stars. Go get book 1 see what you think. I'm betting you will love it!!!
Shannon
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very hard to read with her accent. I liked the storyline though.
Eimear Breen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good short story

Nice to have some back ground for other characters good read for a short story and I love this series
Angie Turner
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Supernaturals

This was a good meshing of the shifters, the Paranormal world and the fight to save all. Zeke and Tia are a hot pair to join with the other hot pairs.
Sue
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great novella. So excited for Tia’s story! I loved it!
Robin Hansen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Paranormal easily understood as being normal part of life. Loved the panther and witches.
Mandy Saial
This exciting paranormal novella packs a serious punch considering it's a few books into the Dark Warriors Alliance series .
Don't be fooled it can be read as a standalone which is what I did because I was introduced to this series by way of this book.
I loved Zeke and Tia as fated Mates soooo Hot !
There are not many stories about a panther shifter form Seattle who falls for and tries to protect a voodoo priestess in New Orleans from drug dealers .
Karen
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is short. Apparently it is set between two other books (4.5). It wasn't bad and I was able to understand what was going on even though I hadn't read the previous story.
Michelle Randall
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
What can I say, I am in love with this series! Even though this is a very short little story, set in-between two of the novels, it is so worth reading!

Zeke is a panther shifter, and second in command of the pack in Seattle, where most of the books take place. A few books back, Zander and his crew had to go to New Orleans and visit Madame Marie, the voodoo queen. On that visit they meet Tia, and Zander gave her the news that he knew where her fated mate was. So when Zander needed someone to go to
Stevie
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I couldn't get into this one. I tried a couple times. Nothing wrong with the writing or story, just didn't hook me. Didn't realize it was part of a series, so that might be the issue.
Karen
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

The authors did again. This book is a page turner. The passion is over the top. The way the authors describe feelings of the mating draw is fantastic. Can't wait for the next book. Can say that each book can stand alone.
andrew hooke
Cheryl Meredith
Mar 14, 2018
Anne Richardson
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A short story but a great read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Taken by the Alpha (Knotted Omega, #1)
  • Claimed by the Alpha (Knotted Omega, #2)
  • Dragon's Tears (The Dragon Shifter's Mates, #2)
  • Dragon's Desire (The Dragon Shifter's Mates, #3)
  • Dragon's Fate (The Dragon Shifter's Mates, #4)
  • Haunted (The Academy Of Spirits And Shadows, #2)
  • Stroke The Flame (Her Elemental Dragons, #1)
  • Jayce (Shifters of Timber Rock #1)
  • Alpha Collects (Alpha Horde, #4)
  • Night Born (Night Wolves, #2)
  • The Healer (Rise of the Pride, #7)
  • Shake the Earth (Her Elemental Dragons Book 3)
  • Warlord: A Dark Shifter Romance
  • Bite Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #3)
  • Thief (Alpha Horde, #0.5)
  • Overlord: A Dark Shifter Romance
  • Spirited (The Academy Of Spirits And Shadows, #1)
  • Wet for the Alpha (The Ridge Brothers Bear Shifters, #3)
DARK WARRIOR ALLIANCE SERIS
18. Ayil
19. Guild Master
COMING SOON: Maven - Book 20

DARK WARRIOR ALLIANCE BOX SETS

Dark Warrior Alliance (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Dream Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #1)
  • Mystik Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #2)
  • Pema's Storm (Dark Warrior Alliance, #3; Rowan Sisters' Trilogy, #1)
  • Isis' Betrayal (Dark Warrior Alliance, #4; Rowan Sisters' Trilogy, #2)
  • Deviant Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #5)
  • Suvi's Revenge (Dark Warrior Alliance, #6; Rowan Sisters' Trilogy, #3)
  • Scarred Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #7)
  • Hellbound Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #8)
  • Isobel (Dark Warrior Alliance, #9)
  • Rogue Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #10)