Start by marking “Love, Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love, Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma, #2)

Love, Hypothetically

(Theta Alpha Gamma #2)

3 hrs 2 mins

Paul's been called many things—graduate student, humanities tutor, jock-hater, even broke—but "forgiving" isn't one of them. When the new women's softball coach at Calapooya college specifically requests Paul to tutor his athletes, Paul's forced to put aside his strict "no athletes" policy for the sake of his paycheck.

Enter Trevor Gardiner, former Major League
Audible Audio, 4 pages
Published June 13th 2016 by Riptide Publishing (first published August 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Hypothetically, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Hypothetically

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*Re-read in audio format*

Original review found here.

**New audiobook rating: 4.5 stars**

I'm a HUGE fan of the Theta Alpha Gamma series by Anne Tenino, and I had nothing but good memories of this book, which I read originally over three years ago.

Love, Hypothetically features one of my FAVORITE tropes in romance EVER, which is the enemies-to-lovers theme, but more specifically, the former-betrayer-to-lover theme. This is a cousin to the former-bully-to-lover trope, which... gah, gets me every t
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.5 stars**

I've said it before and I'll say it 1,000 times over, Anne Tenino just writes stuff that I love to read. She writes these little hot, funny, light books that push all of my buttons in the best way. I rate for enjoyment level and I enjoy the HECK out of her books. This one was no exception.

"Love, Hypothetically" was an adorable story about reunited lovers. I disliked Paul from Frat Boy and Toppy, but Anne did a fab job of placing me inside his head here and making me root for him. In
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

I was very eager to read this follow up to Frat Boy and Toppy when I saw that the author was carrying on into a series. Not simply because I liked that book so much, because I really did, but also because I was really eager to see how Anne Tenino would redeem Paul. In Frat Boy, Paul was the bastard friend of Sebastian, who was livid that his friend was falling for a brainless jock and frat boy. No matter where their relationship led, every time Paul found him
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5-- Dammitall --Stars!!!

Was it just me or was "dammitall" used a bit excessively??

Aside from that, I enjoyed this one. I don't think quite as much as Frat Boy and Toppy. But it was still funny, and sweet and sexy.

Apparently we met Paul, one of the MCs, in Frat Boy...I don't remember him at all.

Paul has a thing against jocks. As in he hates them. All thanks to baseball playing Trevor.

Paul fell in love with Trevor in high school. But Trevor being the jock he was, kept his sexuality in the clos
Heller
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
I did not like Paul in Frat Boy and Toppy I thought he was an ass and treated Brad horribly so I love when an author can turn a character around and have me rooting for them instead.

I actually ended up feeling quite sorry for Paul. He held onto his anger for too long though. Even if things hadn't worked out with him and Trevor I'd like to think that Paul would have be able to let go of some of his bitterness after Trevor apologized. I hope anyway.

I thought Trevor had a lot of guts to approach
Mandapanda
OK novella about a gay teacher who gives his former jock boyfriend one more chance. I liked this better than Frat Boy and Toppy but I still much prefer this author's other two series, Whitetail Rock and Task Force Iota. This college series seems more formulaic and forgettable, and the characters less appealing. But it's a nice quick read and no doubt many people will enjoy.
.Lili.
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I love this book!
 photo tumblr_mfalrbqTqN1rikzhro1_500_large_zps33db813a.gif

Are you in the mood for a great short read? Then look no further! This was an awesome shorty! It had it all. It was sweet, funny, angsty, emotional, and smutty.

This is the story second story in the Theta Alpha Gamma series by Anne Tenino. Although technically it can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the first story first just so you can experience what a great writer Anne Tenino is. Paul was such a bitch in the first book- I wasn't sure if I'd like him- ever. W
Rachel Haimowitz
As hilariously adorable and sweet as you'd expect any Anne Tenino story to be. She gets better and better with each piece she writes. If you're looking for a feel-good, laugh-out-loud contemporary romance you can read on a single sunny afternoon, this is a perfect choice.
Christina
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, sports

I never really liked Paul but he was an interesting character. I was hoping for more development in this book, but it fell flat. We were told what happens to Paul when he was in high school but we weren't given enough time to feel his pain. Everything got back to the present day and worked itself out far too quickly. I'm glad I understand him more and it was fun seeing Sebastian, Brad, and Toby again but other than that it I had very little connection to Paul or even Trevor for that matter.

Also
Monika
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

OMG! How stupid am I that I didn’t realize this was a sequel to Frat Boy and Toppy when I started reading it. I thought Paul seemed familiar and the feel of the book reminded me of something that I just couldn’t put my finger on until the light bulb finally went off when I hit the halfway mark. *head hits desk*

Did it matter? Not really, but things did click when I realized it. Like the fact I could now remember why it seemed so familiar...Paul... I remember Paul being an ass in Frat Boy
Nichole (DirrtyH)
I was really loving this, and then it just sort of turned on a dime and had it's nice sappy ending and I felt like there was a huge chunk missing from the middle. Not to say that I didn't like the ending, I just had a hard time following the leap. This needed about 20 more pages.

5/17 re-read: I liked this better the second time, I think. Gave me lots of warm fuzzies, though I do see what I was talking about before. There could have been a little more communication before the HEA. Both characters
Heather C
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Really disliked Paul in the last one but he grew on me. Love this writers style.

Plus face fucking in the first 20%. Woohooo.
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: B+

Once again, I am forced to abandon my beloved and lazy One-Quote Review format because there were just too many good ones to choose from. One hundred pages, sixty "damn, that's good" highlights - you do the math.

"How does one go about about changing one's life?" he asked. Toby seemed to know a lot of useless crap, maybe he'd know the answer to this question.

It takes a lot of skill to turn a villain into a worthy hero. Yes, Paul was an evil little worm in the first book. But he freely
Aiko
Been waiting for this story since I finished reading Brad and Sebastian's story, seeing that we get introduced to this prickly douchebag, Paul, in that book. And prickly douchebags are one of life's more fascinating things.

The blurb pretty much sums up the way the story goes nice and tidy. The plot line isn't a particularly strong one. Or maybe I should call it predictable instead of weak.
Boy falls in love with jock, jock hurts boy, jock tries to make amends, boy hurts jock, kiss and make up. A
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Paul is a porcupine, very prickly and abrasive, I know he has his reasons but it still took a bit for me to like him.
I did feel for him with what his Highschool boyfriend, and I use that term loosely, did to him, literally outing him and leaving him to suffer the consequences.
Trevor was a jock, with dreams of a pro ball future and he was a teenager, so it was understandable that he didn't react as he must have wished he did, given age and maturity.
He comes back into Paul's life and grovels, I
Ricardo
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A big letdown after the previous instalment in this series. This book was pretty average with an unoriginal plot, characters that didn’t stand out and uninspired dialogue. Nothing exceptional or memorable
ttg
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, reviews
I hadn't read Frat Boy and Toppy, the first book in this series, but this follow-up novella seemed pretty self-contained, and it was. I'm sure you would get more out of it if you've read FBAT, but overall I thought this was a nice enjoyable read, even on its own.

The story focuses on Paul, a graduate student who is reunited with his high school baseball player lover after a nine-year break, a break that was preceded by a betrayal that for Paul, was unforgivable and colored all his future interact
Vanessa theJeepDiva
“I’m a prick. A prickly bitter, volatile prick, destined to splat on the floor of life.” That quote from Paul about himself really sums up exactly who Paul is. He has had his heart broken and it has left him a bitter and sometimes very heartless individual. He has gotten so used to being a cynical ass that he doesn’t let the lack of people in his life get to him. To say Paul has trust issues would be a huge understatement.

In walks the new girls softball team coach Trevor. Trevor just happens to
Debra
I'm so glad I finally read Paul's story. He was so unlikable as Sebastian's roommate in Frat Boy and Toppy you knew there had to be something there.

When Paul finds his first love Trevor, the man who broke his heart so many years ago, is now a coach at the same college where Paul is, he has to come to terms with the feelings that have festered since high school. While Paul may understand the motives for Trevor's betrayal, it doesn't mean that he can forgive so easily. Paul quickly finds himself
Saioa
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I admit it: I love it when they grovel.

description

The more they have to work for it, the better.
I totally disliked Paul in the first book but I loved him on this one. Prickly and abrasive, Paul made me laugh out loud. I felt very sorry for him after what Trevor did when they were in high school, no wonder he was so bitter. Even so, knowing today's Trevor I couldn't hate him, he knew what he had lost and came back to fight for it (and grovel!).

description

Short, funny and sweet, another great addition to the series
Ije the Devourer of Books
I really liked this book. It is what I describe as a 'happy read'. It has some quirky characters, just the right amount of angst, some knotty problems, romance, lurrrrrve, resolution and forgiveness, the right pace and it has a happy ending too and no cliff hangers. One of the things I liked about this story was that Paul wasn't particularly endearing and its good to see the romantic perspective from some one who isn't completely nice and sounds rather grumpy. I was half way through when I reali ...more
Aeren
Sep 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
La culpa la tiene la lista de second chance mm romance XDDDDD
Mandi Schreiner
Paul and Trevor had a secret relationship together in high school. Paul considered himself in love, although they never really talked about their feelings much. Trevor was a big time baseball player, with a pretend girlfriend. Although he had the hots for Paul, he never wanted to reciprocate oral sex or do anything “too gay.” One day while starting to fool around in the shower together, they get caught by a teammate of Trevor’s. Trevor immediately plays the hetero card, blaming Paul for trying t ...more
Therese
Meet Paul. Paul is a bit of a grumpy old man on the outside.

description

Honestly, this applies to Paul’s inside as well. Paul is a bit of an asshole. As he says himself:
I’m a prick. A prickly, bitter, volatile prick, destined to splat on the floor of life.

He is quite difficult to like…he is bitter, he is vindictive, he is childish and just like the stereotypical grumpy old man, he seems to dislike the younger, „wilder“ generation…
Like when Paul and Trevor go sailing:
When Paul got pissed off at a speedboa
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I'm really not sure what I was expecting going into this book. I liked Paul from the previous book but yes, he was a jerk to his friend and his new boyfriend. Obviously I was expecting him to have hangups about something and that there was a story behind why he acted like an ass at the mere thought that Brad was a jock.

But what I wasn't prepared for was this story. LOVE, HYPOTHETICALLY was really a beautiful love story of reunited lovers, high school sw
Shirley Frances

Paul was Sebastian's not-so-nice roommate in Frat Boy and Toppy. He has been hurt in love and to say that he doesn't do relationships or doesn't like jocks in an understatement. His experience with both has left much to be desired, so he avoids them like the plague. Then in comes Trevor, the new softball coach. Trevor happens to be Paul's high school boyfriend and the guy who broke his heart. He has come back to try a relationship with Paul again, but his apologies and amends are useles
MARQUETTA
I loved Frat Boy and Toppy and was immediately interested in Sebastian's grumpy roommate, Paul. I wanted to know why he hated jocks so much!

Love Hypothetically is Paul's story. In high school, he had a secret relationship with the star baseball player, Trevor. When Trevor humiliated and outed Paul in order to save his own ass, Paul was devastated. To Paul, athletes are not to be trusted and are only good for hurting people. Ten years later, Trevor is now the coach for the women softball team at
Amy
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!! It’s no secret that I adore Anne Tenino! I love her books and the characters she writes. They are always full of personality. And this book was no different. You may remember Paul as Sebastian’s roommate from Frat Boy and Toppy. Paul is kind of judgmental, not a big fan of jocks or frat boys, and prone to “little fits” where he shoots off his mouth without thinking. I loved him and his “hypothetical” conversation with his friend Toby. They were hilarious!!

Anyway, Paul is tutoring for
Jen
Awwww, I loved this. Maybe even more than Frat Boy and Toppy . It was shorter and less graphically sexy, though just as funny and sweet. And I definitely think the story was deeper.

It was great exploration of what it means to trust and forgive the person you love. I don't blame Paul for his sort of assholey behavior in this book at all. Chances are high that in this same scenario, I would have done and said the same (if not worse). If someone I loved had "sacrificed" me (as Paul puts it) in th
  • Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1 (Josh of the Damned, #3)
  • Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1)
  • Gold Digger
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs, #2)
  • Priceless (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
  • Tailor Made (Tailor Made, #1)
  • Apple Polisher (Rear Entrance Video #1)
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • In and Out (Men of Smithfield, #4)
  • After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)
  • Home Ice
  • Academic Pursuits (Hot College Daze)
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • All Bets Are Off (Mountain Boys, #1)
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • The Three of Us
  • Foreshock
  • Where You Hurt the Most
Catalyzed by her discovery of LGBTQ romance, Anne Tenino left the lucrative fields of art history, non-profit fundraising, and domestic engineering (in that order) to follow her dream of become a starving romance author. For good or ill, her snarky, silly, quasi-British sense of humor came along for the ride.

Anne applies her particular blend of romance, comedy, and gay protagonists to contemporary

Theta Alpha Gamma (5 books)
  • Frat Boy and Toppy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #1)
  • Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)
“Trevor was all over him, like a genie had granted Trevor three wishes and all of them were Paul.” 0 likes