Start by marking “Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3: Itsy-Bitsy” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3: Itsy-Bitsy

Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3: Itsy-Bitsy

(Spider-Man/Deadpool (Collected Editions) #3)

Think the Spidey/'Pool bromance is a recent phenomenon? Guess again - these guys go back years. Decades even! In the proud tradition of Deadpool, a lost inventory issue of Amazing Spider-Man from the swingin' '60s will take you back to one of the earliest meetings of the Merc with a Mouth and the Wallcrawler With a Wisecrack! Then, back in the present, Spider-Man and Deadp ...more
Published October 10th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3

Chad
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
This whole thing just felt flat and drawn out. Itsy-bitsy was just dumb. She had a serious Ick factor calling them Daddy and Dead-Daddy. Ew! Spidey was completely out of character, trying to kill Itsy-Bitsy because he doesn't murder. Huh? Joe Kelly may have stepped away from comics for too long because this was not good and Deadpool is his signature character. Ed McGuiness's art still looked good but I still didn't care for Jason Keith's colors.
Paul E. Morph
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Despite Spidey getting top billing, this is very much a Deadpool story. Spider-Man actually seems a little out of character a lot of the time. For fans of Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness' classic run on Deadpool from the '90s, though, this is a must read. It was great to see these guys take on the Merc With the Mouth again, as it was their run that made me a 'Pool fan in the first place.
Scott S.
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Wow, after Itsy-Bitsy this series is really running on a nearly empty tank for me. (I'll give the next volume a chance but only because it features Arcade and Murderworld.) Other than a few good scenes Vol. 3 was often dull and more uneven than the haphazard previous edition Side Pieces.
Chelsea
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
So... this collection is a mess. The arrangement of the series is just a little questionable. Essentially, vol 2 was made up of every guest writer issue and I was bummed to find out because I really could have skipped it. All this to say, I was a little confused about the sudden change in Parker's personality and the change in Deadpool's appearance. It seemed a little sudden but remember: this collection skips issues 15 and 16. All collections skip those and maybe those explain?

Anyway, this stor
Imogene
This felt like the least Deadpool of any Deadpool I’ve ever read, and the least Spider-Man of any Spider-man.

I’d quit reading this title, but I’m ocd, and at least there are different writers for the next arc, and, well, it’s toally not canon.

Humbug
Ana Rînceanu
While I like having my bias confirmed a.k.a Spiderman is not worth a damn, I'm happy Deadpool still got to keep his hero worshiping/thirsting intact.
Chris Lemmerman
[read as single issues]
Spidey and Deadpool tackle their worst nightmare - the united front of Itsy Bitsy, Patient Zero, and...Mephisto?

I feel like this should have been much more impactful as a storyline than it actually is. It's full of dialogue, but not much is said, and the hints at Spidey and Deadpool's relationship don't really go anywhere. There's a lot to be mined from the idea of Itsy Bitsy, and how she affects both Wade and Peter, but it's a lot of backwards and forwards without much of
Grace
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Just when I thought that this series was concluding, they confirm that there will be a 4th, 5th, and 6th volume!
*Fistpump*

The bromatic tension between Spidey and Deadpool is strong in this one. You never know what to expect when going into these comics, but it will never cease to be entertaining.

I'm looking forward to more adventures from my BroTP in the future <3
Kay
Sep 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was actual poop, and I will scrub it from my memory asap. Spider-Man is just not Spider-Man. You can't have Peter Parker just decide murdering would be a good idea like this. And poor Deadpool had to physically fight him while trying to be the (out of character) voice of reason.

What was this??
Honestly, this volume reads like bad fan-fiction.

A terrible follow-up to a disappointing Vol 2 Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 2: Side Pieces.
Brandon
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't give out one's very often...but my god was this a rough one. There's really no redeeming value to this volume. The writing is sloppy and confusing. Itsy-Bitsy is just the worst. The art is uninspired and worse yet, has glaring mistakes. Just read something else, trust me, it's not even a satisfying conclusion to the story arc.
Bexnbookx
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well that’s much better than Vol. 2! RTC
Jeff
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad. However, while the individual elements were each fascinating on their own, I didn't care for how Kelly blended them.
Dan
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting villain I guess, but she was kinda annoying. I don't think I'm in a big hurry to read any issues featuring her return. This team-up book is still just okay.
Isa
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
that hug!! [maybe i died just a little.]
Robert
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
To dark, to brooding, and totally out of tone with the preceding volumes.
kelsey
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5✰

holy shit i cried so much sjdhsjsj deadpool really loves spider-man with his whole heart huh
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Adam Fisher
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Things are going as usual for Deadpool and Spider-Man, fighting crime, making jokes and such, but when a new enemy shows up on the scene, how far will they go to stop her?
Welcome to the Marvel Universe, Itsy Bitsy. A hybrid amalgamation of both 'Pool and Spidey, this flirty and violent lady is out to make our heroes look bad by committing crimes and leaving proof linking the 3 of them together. But where does she come from? Villain of previous Volumes, Patient Zero made her in a lab. But why so
LΞVI
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel, read-2018
The good thing is that it returned to the actual story line and didn't have filler comics in it. But I guess reading several comics, even from different publishers, alongside each other isn't that great of an idea because I found myself not following everything. I'm missing a fair bit of detail anyway; I haven't read the Deadpool comics or whatever Spider-man comics are supposed to come before this, so I'm not up to speed on the whole Parker being a businessman thing.
But while Deadpool referenc
Andy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
What a challenge. I do not understand why it has been so hard to read this series. The writing is not my favorite, although some jokes are funny (especially the relationship ones) the overall dialogue can be quite stiff. The whole antihero spider-man was too much for me, kinda got on my nerves. Deadpool was the highlight of this book with his change of heart. Bitsy was an awesome villain! She was funny and unique, made a huge impression on me. There was so much going for this book, but the amoun ...more
Kathleen
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
A terrible mashup of Deadpool and Spidey's powers goes on a murder rampage, but this isn't really a story about that. This is aftermath. Deadpool killed Peter Parker. Peter Parker's afterlife was hijacked into a torturous pit. That isn't easily dealt with.

All of a sudden, the joke book got serious. I like it. Though I have to admit that what I like best about it is the way it brings us back around to a gentle reset. In a way, it allows the generally static archetypes of the two heroes to go thr
Mary
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's not this particular volume was awful, it's that it underdelivered. I was underwhelmed by vol.2 and this volume continued the trend. I was super excited for itsy bitsy. I wanted her to be the next connor kent. Instead she was barely a character. The plot is half formed and I would like the authors to have to justify some of their choices - it wasn't that I hated them all, it was that they seemed unnecessary and left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe this is what comes from starting an arc compl ...more
Erin Cataldi
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
UGH! Officially my least favorite release!! How can you mess up Deadpool?!?!?! This "volume" is missing 11, 12, 15, and 16. I don't know if those issues were by guest writers (featured in volume 2) or what. This storyline is also a bit confusing? Why is Deadpool's face beautiful again? When did Spiderman get so angsty and ANGRY? I don't know. Too many questions. This volume has the dynamic duo trying to stop this spider girl from killing too many people and Spiderman is determined to KILL HER ra ...more
Alex
Nov 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
I didn’t get this one (unless this was a deeply subversive and dry satire). The characters were unpleasant and they only vaguely resembled the titular characters of the book. This was almost bro-mantic (with emphasis on the Bro) except it was weighed down with endless and repetitive existential discussions about ennui and how the struggle is real. The villain (whose superpowers included plot immunity, fanservice, and creepy fetishism) failed to rise to a level where she makes us forget that the ...more
Josh
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love this character pairing and there are some great dynamics at play in this volume. Unfortunately, the storytelling felt rough in how it was conveyed, there wasn't enough humor, and the story went wildly different than I've been expecting this series to go ever since reading vol. 1. Plus, handsome Deadpool just doesn't work for me. There's some real creative talent here, but some weird decisions and some distinctly rough patches ultimately mean that it just isn't what I want to see from this ...more
James Rodrigues
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
As Spider-Man/Deadpool comes to a close, I'm quite sad to see it go. This series allowed for fun team ups involving two of my favourite Marvel characters, as Deadpool strived to be a better man, while Spider-Man had a moral crisis, as the events of the first volume shook him profoundly. We get answers to Patient Zero, as he's supplanted by his unstoppable creation, a terrific hybrid of our two leads named Itsy Bitsy. You can see where it's going, but this was truly a fantastic way to end a great ...more
Jenna
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Covered some intriguing ideas such as Spider-Man’s breaking point, his role-model relationship with Deadpool, and said Merc-with-the-mouth’s attempts at redemption. Having said that, I have no idea what Itsy-Bitsy was about and found her too OP for a single volume villain.

Also, I’m glad that Deadpool’s sudden improved healing factor didn’t take place in his team up with Hawkeye, because that would’ve become rather confusing.
Kyle Berk
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is probably the best volume of Spider-Man/ Deadpool. The itsy bitsy arc has a rough start but once it focuses up on questioning Spidey’s morals and a battle for the soul of the web head it is actually pretty good.

But it takes half the volume to get there.

It’s fun at times and a little boring at others but it got better over time.

3 stars.
NerdyEm
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
While not as good as Isn't it bromantic, Itsy-Bitsy still has its fair share of amazing quotes, rib-cracking dialogues and aww moments.

Highlights :
• the pocket universe that's litterally in some guy's pocket omg.
• "Fine ! We'll stop the fake war between made-up peoples in the fanfic universe ! Happy !?"
Bekka
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one quite a lot - going back to the original comic storyline, and actually giving it a direction at last.
I loved seeing how Wade and Peter interact, and how much Wade is willing to sacrifice for Peter, and loved seeing how Peter deals with the 'hole inside him' it was incredibly interesting to read.

Spider-Man/Deadpool (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 0: Don't Call It A Team-Up