Start by marking “Star Wars: Han Solo” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Han Solo

Star Wars: Han Solo

(Star Wars: Marvel Miniseries)

Everyone's favorite scoundrel goes Solo! Han is given a top-secret undercover mission for the Rebellion: rescuing several informants and spies! His cover for the assignment? Only the biggest and most infamous starship race in the galaxy, the Dragon Void—a tournament he has dreamt of winning his entire life. With a chance of glory, can Han keep his mind on the mission? Or ...more
Published January 3rd 2017 by Marvel Comics (first published June 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Start your review of Star Wars: Han Solo
Michael Finocchiaro
Great artwork, fun story and cool aliens. A very entertaining episode - can't wait for the Han Solo mini-movie. I wonder if they will draw the plot from this mini-series. Definitely worthwhile!
Sam Quixote
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good Golly Miss Molly, Marvel is shitting the bed with their comics these days! Unfortunately the crap has now spread to its Star Wars line as well. You’d think a Han Solo comic would be a home-run but instead it’s one big yawner with a helluva convoluted plot that’s not worth trying to puzzle out.

Like many of the new Marvel Star Wars comics, this one is set between A New Hope and Empire. Leia needs Han to pick up some Rebel informants in an Imperial system - they have important information the
Chad
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Set between New Hope and Empire, Han and Chewie enter an intergalactic race as cover for a Rebel mission to collect some spies. Yes, this has been done before many times (I can remember some Speed Racer episodes with a similar plot), but this is fun and engaging with rare interior art from Mark Brooks. His art is fantastic, especially his alien characters. I especially liked the design for the legendary racer, Loo Re Anno. He also draws dynamic space scenes that draw images of the movies to ...more
Paul E. Morph
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one, particularly the ending, but I thought it sagged in the middle. I think it would've actually been a better story if it'd been trimmed to four issues, or maybe even three.

Maybe I'm not done with Star Wars comics... I dunno...
HBalikov
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this compilation of recent comics, maybe a bit more than just 3 stars. It does justice to Han Solo in the period after A New Hope.

Does it advance the narrative of the original Episode 4-6 trilogy? Not much. Is the plot substantial? A bit thin.

Solo is backing away from the Rebels and trying to get back to smuggling. It isn't working for him and when The Princess reaches out he kind of agrees to help get back some "moles" who were deep in The Empire's organization. They will be at
Robert
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was fantastically fun! Loved the "race in space" angle and the dazzling space-based panel art.

Yeeeeeeeeeah!

If the upcoming Han Solo movie is half this much fun we're in for a treat!
Renata
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was like basically Fast in the Furious in space and I was pretty into it. It's prob a 3-star comic but I'm awarding a bonus star for the panel of Leia punching Han in the face.
Scott
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A Solo 'solo' adventure set in the aftermath of A New Hope, though of course Chewbacca is by his captain's side throughout the book. This one started favorably enough (the Han / Leia scenes captured that amusing "will they? / won't they?" tension in the early part of their relationship), the artwork was great, and the story - a secret mission conducted using the cover of the Falcon's entry in the 'Dragon Void' spacecraft competition - was initially interesting. However, I'll admit I grew bored ...more
Scott Rhee
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Marvel “Star Wars” title “Han Solo” is a little bit of “Force 10 From Navarone” meets “Cannonball Run”. In space. Starring Harrison Ford. Written by Marjorie Liu, drawn by Mark Brooks. It was good. ‘Nuff said.
Chris Lemmerman
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good 'un.

We get a story by Marjorie Liu that has Han take part in an intergalactic race across the universe, threaded into an important mission for the Rebellion involving three informants and a murder plot. There's a lot to grapple in five issues, and Liu manages to make it all feel satisfying as well as getting a good look inside Han's head at the same time; the dilemmas he's grappling with in this story make perfect sense given when the story is set.

Mark Brooks very rarely does
Allie
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
On the cover, Chewie's bag makes Leia look like a blunt eared elf. Just saying.
Lance Shadow
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Marvel's 2016 run for Star Wars: Han Solo has just been released in trade paperback, so even though I acquired it issue by issue, I'm still reviewing it at around this time, so go figure.

Yet another star wars comic in the new canon that takes place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, this comic suffers a similar problem that Jame's Luceno's recent Star Wars novel Catalyst had: it has an extremely strong start, but in the final two issues it loses steam.

THE STORY: There is a mole in
Sesana
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, star-wars
This was significantly better than I'd thought it would be. Not fantastic, sure, and certainly not the best of the new Star Wars comics. But it's a fairly good story, it suits Han, and it's entirely unlike what the other books are doing.
Amalia Dillin
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly enjoyed this arc about Han Solo facing his qualms of conscience after ANH, and coming to terms with the kind of person he wants to be. I think it fit pretty perfectly between the films and showed off his scoundrel with a heart of gold side.

It's not very deep, but I found it satisfying all the same.
Ivy
5 stars

Nice to see a comic featuring Han. Quite enjoyable.

Can't wait to read more Star Wars comics!!!!

Ike
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best, if not the best, of the new Star Wars comics. Very compelling story, excellent art, and cool aliens.
Joe
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was everything you would want from a solo (hehehe) Han Solo adventure to be. Set between "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back" this has Princess Leia sending Han on an adventure that requires him to enter...wait for it...a space race!

I hope they at least make a cartoon movie out of this story sometime in the future because this was amazing! Memorable new characters, great action and snappy dialogue: exactly what I look for in a good Han Solo story.
Sudeep Tirupati
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a lot of fun to read. I have only recently ventured into the world of Star Wars comics or at least the comics that are part of the canon. Last month I read Shattered Empire found that very enjoyable and the same goes for this Han Solo comic too. It was always good to spend time with Han, Chewie and the Falcon. Also, the writing was fantastic while the art kind of felt like something was lacking. I also love to know more about this Han Solo. He's the rogue we meet at first before his ...more
Travis Duke
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it
(2.5) It is fun.... but nothing beyond that. The story follows Han while he secretly does a rebel mission from who else, Leia. Han and Chewy enter the Dragon Void which is some super hard race through space. The art is on par with the rest of new marvel stuff, digital and crisp. The problem i have with the book is it does not to expand on the character of Solo at all. I get the fact marvel probably puts a tight perimeter around what the writers can do but there is little to get excited about.

Adam M
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hoopla-app
Not all of the "We now own Star Wars and Marvel, let make them do things together. You're welcome, love Disney" books have been home runs. Most that I've read have been entertaining, a few have brought me back for more in the series. This is maybe my favorite yet.

Han Solo does Han Solo-y things. He pilots the Millennium Falcon, he argues with Leia, he smuggles, he picks fights, you know, Han Solo-y things. Chewbacca is here and holds his own considering we can't understand him, yadda yadda
Khara
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent Han Solo adventure.
A mission to pick up three informants, one has a master list that Leia needs. They're being killed off by someone who knows their identities. Han and Chewie are competing in the Dragon Void starship race, as a cover to pick up the informants. Except of course Han takes the race seriously and wants to win. This is Han Solo at his best! Competitive, arrogant, a smuggler who is still helping the resistence though he claims not to care. He fights with his felllow pilots,
H.L. Burke
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this

I adored this. Made me excited like nothing I have read in a long time. So much fun. H L B
Lata
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Han comes off somewhat better in this story than he has in the other Star Wars comics. The story itself was predictable, and I knew who the mole was immediately.
Ashly Lynn
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Star Wars fans. Read this one STAT.
Recommended to Ashly by: Found at the Library.
WOAH
Jonathan Maas
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beyond fun. Marvel takes on Han Solo, and gives the most fun tale possible. Great tale.
Will Robinson Jr.
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I just finished reading Marjorie Liu's Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening. She is definitely a top notch writer. The Star Wars series of comics for Marvel have been quite enjoyable. I was unsure what to expect from a series for Han Solo but I think Liu nailed the character. First I want to point out that I agree with most people that the plot was a bit simple and boring but I feel with that aside this book acts as just a side tale to introduce and welcome back fans to one of the Star Wars universe's ...more
Blindzider
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Even though I liked this, it's a relatively simple story that just rehashes what we already know about Han: he likes to think he's this smuggler who doesn't care about anything (or anyone) but as we saw at the end of A New Hope, he really does care and wants to be a part of a bigger family.

Basically, Leia sends him on a mission to pick up some spies, under the guise of participating in a race. Han has to choose between the mission, his ego, and possibly saving lives. You don't really learn much
Cale
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
While the story's a bit convoluted and messy (Han gets entered into a dangerous race as part of an undercover Rebel mission), it serves up some intense action and interesting characters. And it's wrapped up in beautifully rendered and colored artwork. There's a surprising amount of introspection as Solo has to balance his personal goals and moral code with the goals of the rebel agents he is interacting with. And at least one of the fellow racers is a fascinating creation who serves as a bit of ...more
Paige
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ouch that was painful.

With one of my fav writers and an excellent art time I was hoping they would make good use of one of the most charismatic Star Wars characters. Unfortunately this has nothing going for it and is one of the blandest comics I have read.
Brian
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is right up there with the best of the New Canon graphic novels. Absolutely nails Han Solo. A must read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol. 1: Aphra
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 4: End of Games
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 3: The Shu-Torun War
  • Star Wars: Kanan, Vol. 2: First Blood (Star Wars: Kanan, #2)
  • Star Wars: Kanan, Vol. 1: The Last Padawan (Star Wars: Kanan, #1)
  • Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol. 2: Doctor Aphra and the Enormous Profit
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 2: Shadows and Secrets
New York Times bestselling and award-winning writer Marjorie Liu is best known for her fiction and comic books. She teaches comic book writing at MIT, and she leads a class on Popular Fiction at the Voices of Our Nation (VONA) workshop.

Ms. Liu is a highly celebrated comic book writer. Her extensive work with Marvel includes the bestselling Dark Wolverine series, NYX: No Way Home, X-23, and Black

Star Wars: Marvel Miniseries (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Star Wars: Princess Leia