Start by marking “The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, #2)

The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Bruises fade.
A cut can be bandaged,
A broken bone healed.
But can a wounded heart mend?

Deeply damaged by her father’s abandonment when she was thirteen years old, Rainey Miller has let the fear of getting hurt shape and trap her to the point she refuses to connect with people on a deeper level. She is popular and has friends, but her strict dating rules prevent anyone from t
Kindle Edition, 1
Published November 14th 2016 by Julia Goda

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Worth Fighting For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Worth Fighting For

AM
IN
LOVE
!

Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
“He and I could never happen. I had a rule I lived by, a rule I wouldn’t break for anyone. I knew men like him, arrogant and self-righteous men who fucked everything up if things didn’t go their way—or even when they did. The risk was just too high.”

Rainey had the perfect childhood with a loving mother and father. Until it wasn’t perfect anymore; her dad lost himself to anger and alcohol, not being able to handle his defeat in the boxing ring. This has left Rainey emotional scarred, unable to
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, # 2)
4.5 Stars

Whoa! Just finished this unbelievably heartfelt love story. I am not exactly sure which genre it is but this is more than a sport romance. Logan is a boxer who volunteers at a shelter where Rainey works as a social worker. The story focuses more on the life of Rainey - how she fights her past demons to find love and happiness again. Or course Cole plays a huge part as he is the hero who helps Rainey realize she is worth loving. He is the
J. C.  Red
Nov 17, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf at 23%
I really wanted to like this and thought I would because 1, I liked the plot 2, i liked the prologue and 3, the hero sounds amazing. But it reaaaaally pissed me off for a few reasons.
The biggest reason is that there's a lot of focus on secondary characters. The first 10% of this was basically 2-3% of presenting the main characters and setting the scene and the rest is all about how amazing the relationship between the characters from the first book is (which I haven't read and have no
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Opening yourself to love may be the biggest gamble…

“If you let me in, if you trust yourself to me, I will do anything I can to make sure you’ll never regret it. I promise you.”

Logan is so… that! He’s a fighter but with the compassionate heart of a romantic as well as a warrior. Rainey stirs up feelings he’s never felt before and she is the last person who is going to give him an inch of encouragement. Her family history was filled with pain and loss but also resilience. She was open with her f
Kathy Rouchelle
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A knock out book! What an amazing story of love, loss, trust and survival. Finding the ability to overcome the past and make a future for yourself and to begin to heal from the pain of your past makes for a wonderful heartwarming story. Oh, and that's not just dealing with the main characters! This story is so well written with so many well developed and lovable characters (and maybe one or two not so wonderful characters) that you will want so much more once you have reached the end of this boo ...more
Maria Angie Mendoza
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hugely entertaining, heartfelt story of friendship, love, family and forgiveness.
This is not your typical sports romance!!
Logan is a successful boxer who volunteers at a shelter working with kids. He meets and falls hard for Social Worker Rainey, but she has a strict not dating boxers rule. But Logan is determined to do whatever he has to do to get the girl has fallen fall.
In this unique touching read, Rainey is the one with the demons and a painful past.
Their banter was funny and sharp, and r
Le Ann Foster
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

I absolutely fell in love with Logan and Rainey! From the start you will be hooked and will not be able to out it down . We first met Rainey in Cole and Lizzy story and I knew she would have a heartbreaking story to tell. I knew it would take a strong, supportive man to be able to get Rainey to open up. The storyline is like no other than what I have read and all the characters mesh very well.

I can't wa
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡  I am

I just finished reading The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, #2) by Julia Goda and I am not sure how to rate this book.

When I chose to read this book I expected it to be a standalone story in a series of books with similar direction. Which basically is true but still I can not help but feel that I would have needed to read the first book in that series to understand something.

Because if I take only the second book (and as I did not read the first one I have no other choice than to think
Jodie Scott
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books blog
The girl worth fighting for By Julia Goda
This book was recommended to me by a friend and im so so glad that she did! The cover is just beautiful and gives you a great insight to what is inside the wonderful pages of this book.
I personally found this to be a real feel good story and it came along at just the right time!

The story line itself is brilliant and executed beautifully it isn’t dragged out at all and at the same time it isn’t too short. Th
Amber
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Girl Worth Fighting For by Julia Goda is a sports romance written in several points of views. Rainey Miller's father abandoned her at fourteen and she has major issues. She doesn't want to let people in even though she has great friends and is popular but she has strict dating rules and won't even entertain the idea of dating anyone in certain professions Rainey is a social worker that works at a shelter where she lives. Many teens have come in and been helped and given a chance. She loves h ...more
EscapeNBooks
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars.

The Girl Worth Fighting For by Julia Goda is book two in The Girl series.

"...I know I'm going to get burned and I still wanna get close. Because you're worth the risk and I know, I just know, once you explode, you're gonna be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

Rainey knows what it's like to be in the boxing world. She knows the joy and the pain. Now, she just wants to focus on her career at the children's homeless shelter, and her small family. When Logan met Rainey, he kne
Amy  Crull
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Normally I wouldn't use the words sweet or heartfelt with a fighting book but with this one that's the exact words I would use. While I loved Logan and Rainey, I found myself drawn more to their moms. They were the voice of reason so many times in this book. Logan is what exactly you want in a book boyfriend and quite possibly a real one. He was so patient and sweet with Rainey. He knew she had some issues to overcome ,so he just stood by her side and helped her along the way. He was supportive ...more
Whitney Cannavina
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rainey' scars run deep. So deep she refuses to date anyone that is searching for fame, especially boxers. So when Logan continuously follows her around trying to get his chance with her, she can't help but run scared. But he's more than she's ever expected.

Logan is determined to break through Rainey's wall to get his chance. When he finally slips in, and pulls back her walls revealing the pain she endured when young, he can't help but prove her wrong about him.

Logan and Rainey are explosive. He
Gail
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc Given for a honest review

Absolutely loved thus story.... I loved Rainey & Logan... this is my first from this author... won't be my last...
both Rainey & Logan has had a messed up childhood... I just felt for them... with Raineys she is dead set... NO Boxers.. no musicians.. none of that.. all they will do is leave... Logan.. oh Logan.. he was determined.. he saw Rainey and just knew she was his.. he was going to stop at nothing..

Loved this... now to find the others in this series..
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leann-reviews
I gave this book 4.5 stars!

I can't wait to read more from this author and hopefully we will get to see
Renee at Book Happiness
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED LOVED LOVED!!!

I received this for an honest review... I have to say I loved every word every minute of this book

Its absolutely no secret that I love this author something fierce.. she writes these stories which are amazing and this one was no different

Logan is a hot freaking alpha who knows what he wants and Rainey is exactly what he wants..

I could barely put this book down to attend to my real life.... LOVED HARD!!! Wish I could give more than 5 stars

Amber Simmons
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, favorites
Loved, loved, loved this story!! It's been a while since I've read a fighter story, but I absolutely loved this one. I was hooked within the first 5% of the story. I loved that this story didn't follow the typical story line, it really kept you on the edge of your seat until the last line. Now to back track and read the 1st book of the series!
Shannon Godwin
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great book from a great author.... Be ready though because this book will make you cry starting at the first chapter!! I don't think this book falls into just one genre. There is so much to this story and you will be drawn into Rainey and Logan's story from the beginning. I loved this book and am looking forward to even more from this great author.
Leigh Parrish
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this one was better than the first book in the series. I was left with wanting to know Bobby's story. Hmmmm, could this be the next book in the Cedar Creek series since the Rocky Mountains was mentioned in the epilogue? I gave it a 3.9 stars.
Bobbi Wagner
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series Book 2) by Julia Goda is the second book in The Girl series. This story is heartfelt, emotional and excitement. This story is about mending wounded hearts. This story will pull at your heart strings and you will feel what these characters are feeling. Find out if hearts really can be mended!

Rainey Miller is a young woman who felt she had it all until one bad fight. Her father was a boxer and he lost his match that one night. No one could imagine how t
Christina
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Girl Worth Fighting For Written By Julia Goda
Four Stars ****
Rainey had faced heartbreak from a young age. She allowed it to consume her, which kept her heart protected. Logan, is the man who breaks her wall down, but not without a fight. Logan has a secret that may forever keep Rainey out of his reach.
Rainey is strong willed and independent. She knows what she wants and what she doesn’t. Her father abandoning her, molded her into who she was.
“I knew men like him, arrogant and self-righteous
Lora
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

This is the first book for me by this author and I enjoyed it a great deal. Ms Goda was able to create characters that stole my heart and enveloped me in their story.

Logan is a fighter, but also a lover. He volunteers at the children’s shelter where Rainey works. She is immediately aware of him and refuses to give him an ounce of her attention. She doesn't want anything to do with him going as far to be down-right rude to him in hopes of getting him to back off.

I so enjoyed wat
Jana
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading The Girl Worth Fighting For (The Girl Series, #2) by Julia Goda and I have to say that I absolutely loved it! It was my first book by this writer and it did not disappoint me.
I think you can read it as a standalone (as I did) but I felt that I was missing out on quite a bit, at the same time it made me curious about Lizzie and Cole (Book 1) and I will read it in the near future.
It is a book about how our past defines our future, how we create copying mechanism that might
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~LINDSEY~
Rainey is strong and resilient. She has got to be one of the strongest characters that I have ever had the pleasure of reading about. Logan and Rainey story is a story of love and finding the strength to believe again to fall in love and find the security of someone else. This story took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride that I loved every second of. The writing, plot, and characters all of it just came together beautifully. This is a great read of two characters that are not perfec
Carol
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I really liked this book. Logan was a take no prisoners kind of alpha. He knew the minute he laid eyes on Rainey she was his. He just had to convince her.
Rainey wanted nothing to do with Logan all because of his profession. Once she got to know the real him it wasn't long before she was convinced to be his.
The one thing for them in this book it seems that everything was instant.
One minute Rainey can't stand him the next she is sleeping with him and in love.
One minute she is mad at her father and
Jessica
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this heartfelt story. I loved both Rainey and Logan, both are amazing characters. This story left me wanting more of these characters and of the secondary characters as well. There were a couple that I didn't like so much but the story was one that pulled me in and wouldn't let me go.
Dawn Doyle
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Julia Goda does a fantastic job with this story. Any good story teller leaves you wanting more and I want more! I enjoyed revisiting characters from Wrong Side Girl. I love the HEA. You don't even need to be a fan of fighter books to enjoy this. Do yourself a favor and read this!
Peggy
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
romantic, dramatic, riveting story. Rainey and Logan are perfect for each other but the path is bumpy.
the secondary characters are wonderful. the dialogue is realistic.
The book kept my attention from the first page to the last. I recommend it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Julia Goda is the self-published author of the Cedar Creek Series and The Girl Series. Her novels touch on all kinds of different topics, but the things she tries to focus on no matter what are strong women and romance. When she’s not in her writing cave, spinning the tales that have been hounding her, or editing (she is also a professional editor,) she enjoys reading, drinking coffee, eating good ...more
More about Julia Goda