Start by marking “Dressed to Kiss” as Want to Read:
Dressed to Kiss

Dressed to Kiss

True love never goes out of style ...
Once renowned for creating the most envied gowns in London, Madame Follette’s dressmaking shop has fallen far out of fashion. The approaching coronation of King George IV offers a chance to reclaim former glory by supplying stunning new wardrobes to the most glittering society in Regency England. In the face of long-held secrets, loomin
Published September 12th 2016 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Dressed to Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dressed to Kiss

Becca
Dressed to Kiss had everything I love about anthologies: sweet stories, an original idea that links the stories together, and quick reading. Aside from one story I had trouble connecting with fully, I really enjoyed this installment and highly recommend it (rounded up my rating to 5 stars). I have each of my reviews for the stories included below:

Madeline Hunter, The Duke's Dressmaker, Rating- 4.5 stars, Steam-hot (explicit sex scenes).

I have found that I am not usually a fan of Hunter's longe
Sabrina Jeffries
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this one. The setting of a dress shop was wonderful, since it's not something you see a lot in Regency romances, and I loved that the authors focused on tradeswomen as heroines. Many people don't realize that there WERE women in that period who ran their own businesses--and were successful at it. The romances were unique, the characters intriguing, and I had trouble putting the book down, always a good sign. I would certainly recommend this one.
Andrea
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh. Overall, I only enjoyed two of the four stories, and since those were the last two I almost gave up on this several times. So, 3 stars for the anthology as a whole, which is set around a dressmaker shop, featuring two dressmakers, and the owner's daughter and son.

Madeline Hunter: The Dukes Dressmaker
The first story after the prologue that nicely sets up all the characters in and around the dressmakers shop. I didn't like this story at all. The Duke's sister-in-law need a new wardrobe and be
Joana V.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: meus, e-book, first-reads
I've received a copy in exchange for a honest review.

Review in Portuguese:

This book is an anthology with four stories, all of them connected by Madame Follette’s dressmaking shop. I’ll give my opinion about each of the stories individually and then I’ll bundle them all up.

First, I just want to say that I’ve only read books by Madeline Hunter (one of my auto-buy authors), from whom I got this review copy, so the other three writers were a complete novelty
seton
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: d-n-f
4 stars for the Madeline Hunter novella, which was the reason I picked this up.

I started the Robens but it did not hold my interest.

I have read the other 2 authors before and would normally read Linden if it was full-length AND IF it had tropes that interested me. Frockmaker stories don't interest me at all tho. Sorry.
Barbara Rogers
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arc
The Prologue sets up the background and the premise of the stories very nicely. It explains Madame Folette's shop and how they came to be in the predicament they were in. It also introduces the characters and their roles in the shop as well as their relationships to each other.
What was missing? Well, an epilogue. Each story had its beginning and its end, but overall, we never really learned what happened with the shop. Each story also ended rather abruptly. Each seamstress married wealthy, arist
Phoenix77
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The best romance anthologies are where the stories are linked around a common theme or a single moment. In Dressed to Kiss all four authors have set their stories in and around a dressmaking shop that has seen better days but has a second chance to succeed with the upcoming coronation of King George VI. The women (and one man) who work in the shop each have unique stories to tell and each author puts wonderful spin on love beating the odds.

Please read the reviews for each short story at Romanti
Jess
Dec 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't know why I keep on reading novella anthologies, when every single one I've read so far has been underwhelming.

The Duke's Dressmaker by Madeline Hunter

Mostly inoffensive, although Selina and the duke had zero chemistry. There were some good bits, when it felt like Hunter was going to indulge in the brilliant minor angst of the pining trope, but this never happened, because the writing was boring and the novella dull. Two stars.

The Colours of Love by Myretta Robens

Zero stars. Or maybe half
herdys
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed all four stories, though Megan Frampton was a little too insta and ended kind of abruptly imo. My faves were Madeleine Hunters and Caroline Linden. Will definitely keep an eye on both authors!
Desi
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Plagued by all the usual novella inadequacies. Chock full of unlikely line crossing between people of different societal stations. Pretty bleh overall. And some sub par authors in there at that.
Jaci
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A new Anthology from three of my favorite authors and one new author that I have never read before. This is four separate stories of a Madame Follette's Dress Shop in London. This is a fairly new concept in Historical Romance where different authors contribute a story that connects the characters in all four stories.
What is great about this is that you do not have to wait two years to read the sequel to a book where you really like the secondary characters because they are in the next story.

For
Roses R Blue
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: http://wp.me/p3QRh4-qV

The Duke’s Dressmaker by Madeline Hunter
Selina Duval lost her good name and her position in society four years ago, when the young man who was vigorously courting her abruptly dropped her and departed. Though she wasn’t “truly” ruined, society deemed her so, forcing her to leave her home to spare additional shame to her family and to earn her own way in the world. She’s now working as a seamstress at Madame Follette’s shop, using the surname
Sheila Melo
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of four novellas tied together by characters connection to a dressmaker's shop.  Madame Follette's dressmaking shop has been declining for years due to changing fashions and the stubbornness of its owner.  Her children convince her to turn over operations to her daughter who struggles to revitalize the business in the shadow of the king's coronation.

THE DUKE'S DRESSMAKER by Madeline Hunter:  Selina Fontaine is working at Madame Follette's when Randall, Duke of Barrowmore com
Kimia Safavi
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dressed To Kissed is an anthology of 4 novellas by Madeline Hunter, Myretta Robens, Megan Frampton and Caroline Linden.
Once renowned for creating the most envied gowns in London, Madame Follette’s dressmaking shop has fallen far out of fashion. Now is up to Felicity Dawkins to reclaim former glory to the shop. So the first step is to convince her mother to leave the store to her and hire new dressmakers.
Can the dressmakers of Follette face the long-held secrets, looming scandals and potential ru
Donna
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounding to a 5
This is a very original idea. Novellas set in a dressmaker's shop! I appreciate new books that don't make me feel like I've read the same story before.

Felicity Dawkins and her brother Henry were both raised in Madame Follette's shop. The shop is losing customers as their mother refuses to change with the times. They convince her to leave for awhile and let Felicity run the shop. Then old King George dies and the entire ton will need a new dress for the upcoming coronation.

The
Tracy Emro
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I read Madeline Hunter's & Caroline Linden's contributions to this anthology - I enjoyed them both and will definitely be going back to read the other two novellas as soon as I can!

The premise of the anthology is nicely set up with a prologue explaining the history of Madame Follette's modiste shop. The collection features stories of the women (and one man) who work together to ensure the success of the shop.

The Duke's Dressmaker by Madeline Hunter - 4.5 stars - Selina Fontaine works as a se
Cheryl
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
These were four delightful novellas set around the owners and employees of a modiste shop.
The Duke’s Dressmaker
Selina is a seamstress in the shop but there is a mystery concerning her background. Selina reconnects with the Duke through a client and secrets are revealed.
The Colours of Love
This was such a sweet story. Delyth has a love of colour as does one of her clients, even though most wouldn’t agree with her choices. She comes into contact with Simon Merrithew, a write on fashion.
A Fashionab
Pamela Fernandes
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a short novella. A woman of gentle breeding is tossed aside by the Duke's brother. So she runs away from home and becomes a dressmaker. He owns her, because h paid for her and that's a secret she doesn't know. For a novella it's done very well. This book comes together nicely as Selina becomes the new Duchess of Barrymore.
Jessica Grogan
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Bought this for Linden's story but only ended up finishing Frampton's. The first story was boring and a DNF, I skipped the second, read Frampton's, and Linden's was also a DNF.
Monique
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
DRESSED TO KISS is an anthology based around a modiste shop and four of historical romance’s best authors contribute to this excellent book. So far, I have had the time to read only Ms. Linden’s and Ms. Frampton’s novellas, but I cannot wait to read the other two, as the two I’ve read are fabulous!

A Fashionable Affair by Caroline Linden

Those of you who have read Caroline Linden’s books know what an exceptionally gifted writer she is, you who have not will need to read this novella to truly appr
Jane
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dressed to Kiss by Madeline Hunter, Myretta Robens, Megan Frampton and Caroline Linden
A dress shop in Regency England links these 4 stories. Madame Follettte’s dress shop has fallen out of favor. Daughter Felicity and her brother Henry try to convince their mother that her fashions need to be updated. The approaching coronation of King George IV offers a chance to once again dress the aristocracy IF Madame Follette can change. When she refuses, she is banished to the coast and Felicity, an accom
Robin
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book which is actually an anthology of 4 novellas with overlapping stories. I found the novel's locale (centered about a dressmaker shop) very interesting. I'll give a brief rating for each novella:

The Duke's Dressmaker: 3.5. As a big fan of Ms. Hunter, I found Selina's and Rand's story well-written but just not quite up to what I was expecting. Part of that may be because I didn't especially connect with her hero. I had trouble seeing him as "duke-ly" when he did not assert hims
Cynthia
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved how all the stories intertwined at different points in time with the various characters. It enriched the story world and I enjoyed reading the different character perspectives about the same event. The stories flowed from one to another smoothly. The last story in the anthology, A Fashionable Affair by Caroline Linden is Felicity's story. Felicity runs the modiste shop and all the stories revolve around the shop. Her story was a wonderful ending to the anthology.

I received an ARC in exch
Bree
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the fresh idea of a Modiste shop based anthology, where the emphasis was on those associated with the shop who were making a living for themselves, be it the owners children, or their seamstresses. Overall this anthology had numerous ups and downs, but the strong writing and story telling skills of Megan Frampton and Caroline Linden ultimately saved this anthology for me and will keep it on my bookshelves.

Individually I review the novellas at:

The Duke’s Dressmaker by Madeline Hunter -
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Nice anthology - review coming
Larisa
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook, own
Enjoyed the Linden & Hunter stories, couldn't get into the other two...so a personal thing, not a reflection on quality of writing.
Peggy
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Once at the top of the fashion list for ladies of the Ton, Madame Follette’s has come upon hard times. As fashion changed, Sophie-Louise, Madame Follette, did not. At her children’s urging she has retired and left the running of the shop to her daughter, Felicity Dawkins. She, along with her brother and a handful of talented and loyal seamstresses, are determined to bring Madame Follette’s back to the top. Along the way, they meet some very interesting clients.

The Duke’s Dressmaker by Madeline H
Luz Trevino
Dressed to Kiss is an anthology of four novellas. It starts off with a prologue where we meet the owner and her two children, Henry and Felicity. The setting is a dress shop that is struggling financially because the owner seems reticent to update the dress styles. Her children are able to convince her to go on holiday while they take care of the shop. Felicity will design, make the dresses and Henry will work as the store's bookkeeper.

The first story is The Duke's Dressmaker by Madeline Hunter
Margaret Watkins
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four Regency romances from four different authors, each telling a love story with one commonality, namely Madame Follette's dressmaking shop.

The Duke's Dressmaker evokes all the angst and trauma of the past when the Duke of Barrowmore unexpectedly encounters the dressmaker Selina Fontaine. Whilst Rand is delighted that an opportunity to resolve the mistakes of the past has presented itself, Selina is terrified that he will destroy her. A story of second chances and learning to trust again.

In Th
Lisa C
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great anthology of 4 novellas. I really enjoyed that they were all about the same dress shop with the same characters. Obviously all the authors went to great lengths to make this a seamless story. The prologue sets up the stories very well, and made me want to see how this would all turn out.
"The Duke’s Dressmaker" by Madeline Hunter is the HEA for Selina, a seamstress in the shop.
"The Colors of Love" by Myretta Robens is also about one of the seamstresses - one with such an outrageo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Madeline Hunter is a nationally bestselling author of historical romances who lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons. Her books have won two RITA awards and seven nominations, and have had three starred reviews in Publishers Weekly. In a parallel existence to the one she enjoys as a novelist, Madeline has a Ph.D. in art history and teaches at an East Coast university.