Start by marking “The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers” as Want to Read:
The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
"She gives perfect insight into the book blogger's psyche, as well as tips on how to befriend us and make the most of that friendship" - Lucy Pireel

Do you feel out of your comfort zone when dealing with Book Bloggers? If book bloggers are the new gatekeepers to 'book publishing success,' do you wonder how you can tap into that source of free promotions?

How you can move c

Published June 1st 2016 (first published August 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers

Babs
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It makes no difference if you are a new author starting out or one that needs a refresher course. This book is wonderful and can help an author succeed with their book and promotions. Everyone writer / author would benefit from this book. There is so much information that will get you started in the right direction.
A great job by the author.
Gisela Hausmann
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Barb Drozdowich's book "The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers" is an excellent book. Most importantly it explains that book bloggers are humans, who want to be approached like humans. Sadly, too many wishy-washy marketing blogs throw out slogans like "Get your book featured by a book blogger" or "Take your book on a blog tour," which are slogans that suggest to the novice that that's all it takes.

Well, of course it's not. While getting your book featured by a book blogger is not neces
Chrystal
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I remembered being a part of Barb's survey and had wondered what happened with the data she had collected, but I had no idea that she was able to collect enough to create this informational book for authors. As soon as I heard that she had compiled it into a guide for authors, I went and bought a copy right away.

This guide is not only a great tool for authors, but book bloggers as well. I found that the information was presented in an easy to understand and logical order. It was very straight f
Mark Speed
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, reference
I found this interesting and helpful. The author's coming from a loving place. She's a book-blogger and she wants to help authors to help book-bloggers. She gets huge virtual hugs from me for having done some original research by surveying a very large sample of her ilk and sharing the results with us. I suspect many other people have made more money than her off the back of her research. It's a quick and useful read. We should all be grateful that there are people like Barb who help make the wo ...more
Elena Mikalsen
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very helpful and informative guide to help an author form an appropriate relationship with the world of book bloggers.
Kristina Aziz
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this through a firstreads giveaway

I read this book first as an author, and then as a book blogger. I found this book a valuable addition to my reference shelf during both reads. As an author, Drozdowich showed me how much work actually [should] go into review queries I receive. She lists many valuable resources including links to where you can find lists of book reviewers.

As a reviewer, I have to be honest. It took so long after receiving the confirmation that she was sending the boo
Teena in Toronto
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love to read! And I post my book reviews on my blog.

That has led me to participating in virtual blog tours for the last couple years ... I've discovered some great authors through these tours. So I was curious to read this book to see what's recommended from the author's point of view who wants to work with book bloggers like me.

The author is a book blogger at Sugarbeat's Books and wrote this book to help authors with her experience. She'd posted a survey focused at book bloggers on her blog a
Joseph Carrabis
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I picked up The Author's Guide to Working With Book Bloggers because I wanted to learn more about working with book bloggers.
Well, duh, huh?
Perhaps if I wrote "I picked up The Author's Guide to Working With Book Bloggers because I wanted to learn more about slicing deli meats." I'd be a more interesting person.
Confused, but more interesting.
Anyway, I believe this is a good book for extroverts. I'm not, and I tend to think of myself as boring and dull. The Author's Guide to Working With Book Blog
Lucy Pireel
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a on-fiction book meant for, the title is a dead giveaway, authors, and as such I really enjoyed reading it seeing I’m an author. But I’m also a book blogger and I was impressed with how accurate this author, she doesn’t think she is, but this little book has just proven her wrong, can spin a yarn, a non-fictional one.

She gives authors the perfect insight in the book blogger’s psyche, as well as tips on how to befriend us and make the most of that friendship.

Her way of repeating certain
David Dennington
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has inspired me to take action and move to the next phase. I’ve written and published two books and had some success (not enough of course), but now it all needs a boost. Barb Drozdowich has helped by introducing me to the bloggers’ world. Authors live and die by reviews and I’m at the stage of approaching that subject more intelligently. Barb Drozdowich has given me the tools. I shall follow her advice and work painstakingly to find the right bloggers. I’ve learned lately that you mus ...more
J. Walker
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for ways to get your new novel noticed? Want to get the word out about your fabulous new work? You need a book tour! For that, you also need to know how to interact with book bloggers. The Author's Guide to Working With Book Bloggers is just the resource you need. Page after page of helpful tips and hints make this book a must have for new authors and the well established alike. Learn what to ask and what to send without being asked. Find out what the common complaints from book ...more
Karen Morrissey
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: publishing
Recommended. While planning by strategy for getting book reviews for two of the books I'm publishing in the near future, one book review blog encouraged authors to read this book. I bought the Kindle edition. It's a quick and easy read, and I consider it a must-read for any author or small publisher who is looking for additional sources of book reviews beyond the coveted and hard-to-get trade reviews by the big boys.

The three biggest things I learned from this book are
1) what book bloggers want
Dane Cobain
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: Whilst I bought this book out of my own money, Barb is published and represented by Booktrope, the same publisher which released my debut novella, No Rest for the Wicked.

This is pretty much required reading if you’re an author who needs to learn how to market yourself – Barb covers all the key topics, from cover reveals and reviews to guest posts, giveaways and more. I picked up some tips, and I work in marketing!
Brenda Maxfield
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Barb's book as part of her blog tour. As a writer, I was excited to get it! Authors are always eager to garner those coveted bloggers to review their books. Right away, I was taken by Barb's easy, friendly style. It was obvious that she knew what she was talking about. Barb speaks frankly and with great practicality as to what the author needs to do to stand out from that dreaded "slush pile." Barb's book is short and to-the-point. I highly recommend it to authors across the genres.
Hilary Grossman
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should be mandatory reading for every author and aspiring author. It is chock full of incredibly useful information! I learned so much... In addition to gaining knowledge, I really enjoyed the way that this book was written. It was eye opening to understand the motivations and pain points bloggers experience. I think the use of the survey was brilliant. I know I will re-read this book numerous times, and I am sure I will pick up something new each time as well.
Deanna Madden
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice cover! I found The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers at just the time I needed it. I was trying to figure out the world of blogging so I could request a book review for my first two novels, and this book told me everything I needed to know. Short, helpful, and informative. I picked up lots of good tips.
Charlotte Byrd
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative

Loved this book! I am a new adult romance author and I'm trying to figure out how to maker my new series, Desire: Big Bear Outlaw MC Romance. This book was very helpful!!
J.C. Lane
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are an author wishing to give a boost to your book launch, this is the book for you! Ms. Drozdowich give many pertinent details and much great advice about how to work with book bloggers and make your book stand out. I recommend it highly!
Bee Halton
What a great book!#amreading #blogging #authors #amwriting
William Ingram
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: william
Excellent!

Excellent rescource ! A perfect introduction to the world of book bloggers. Well written and easy to understand with a friendly tone and subtle humor.
Alison Packard
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
A very helpful guide for working with Book Bloggers. I can use all the help I can get! LOL.
Steve Orton
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book free via Goodreads First reads*

A very helpful book for authors and would-be authors.
Terri A. Wilson
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book for book bloggers and authors. Quick read and well worth the time.
KiKi
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So helpful

This book was extremely helpful , took so many notes. I liked the tips in the back. Great ideas and advice.
Cathy Cole
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Good, no-nonsense guide for authors on how to approach, and work with, book bloggers.
Michael Patton
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good information. A bit long-winded at times
Bryan Nowak
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m an author/writer and if there’s one thing that will make me run under my bed and hide, it’s the word “marketing”. It’s true. Just typing this word made me run for the relative calm of my bedroom, shut the door, and draw the curtains. It’s a topic that most writers don’t understand and admit they never will. Fortunately, there’s help. Enter the blogger.

Sitting quietly in their basement, office, kitchen, or library, they tirelessly read and write about reading. The good news is that they’re he
James Minter
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Authors
Shelves: reviewed
This is another ‘How to …’ book from Ms Drozdowich – long may she write them. For me how to books are essential reading to gain a quick insight into the topic under discussion – in this case book bloggers – as they take away the very time consuming drudgery of doing your own research. As a fiction author I have many demands on my time, so books like this are an excellent way to make efficient use of a scarce resource.
First published in 2012, but as is the huge benefit of eBooks, they can be con
Jencey/
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing-books
I attended the Decatur Book Festival this year. One of the discussions was a panel discussion on Book Reviews. This panel included professional authors and professional reviewers. I attended the discussion and asked one question during the Q and A at the end. I also mentioned that I am a Book Review Blogger. One of the reviewers told the people asking questions they needed to come see me and see how I the Book Blogger could help them.
What these authors really needed is to check out Barb Drozdow
Lynelle Clark
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

This book gives sound advice to bloggers and authors alike. Although it is purely focused on the author versus the blogger; the blogger can use this book to sharpen their services. Knowing where is the gaps and giving a better service to the author.

For the author, this is excellent advice and a very informative tool to use to market your book; you have worked on it with diligence therefor you need to be diligent in your marketing as well
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Nine Day Novel: Writing Faster: 10K a Day, How to Write a Novel in 9 Days, Structuring Your Novel For Speed (9 Day Novel)
  • The Coffee Break Guide to Social Media for Writers: How to Succeed on Social Media and Still Have Time to Write
  • The Author Training Manual: Develop Marketable Ideas, Craft Books That Sell, Become the Author Publishers Want, and Self-Publish Effectively
  • How to Make a Living with Your Writing: Books, Blogging and More
  • Story Structure: The Key to Successful Fiction (Red Sneaker Writers Series #1)
  • Writing Habit Mastery - How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer’s Block
  • Myth & the Movies: Discovering the Myth Structure of 50 Unforgettable Films
  • Naked and Transparent: Six Vital Tools for Knowing Yourself and Attracting Healthy Relationships
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Erotic Romance
  • Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies that Turn Customers into Fans
  • Romance Writer's Phrase Book
  • Plug Your Book: Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity Through Social Networking
  • Becoming: The Life & Musings of a Girl Poet
  • The Writer's Digest Handbook of Short Story Writing
  • Setting: How to Create and Sustain a Sharp Sense of Time and Place in Your Fiction
  • Guide to Fiction Writing
  • Aliens and Alien Societies
  • GMC: Goal, Motivation and Conflict: The Building Blocks of Good Fiction
Barb can teach anyone to use WordPress. She is a voracious reader of Regency Romance, taxi driver, gourmet chef in training, and slave to a cute puppy.

Barb has taught in colleges, universities and in the banking industry. More recently, she brings her years of teaching experience and a deep love of books to help authors develop the social media platform needed to succeed in today’s fast evolving p
More about Barb Drozdowich

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Edgar Allan Poe: The Fever Called Living
  • The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple
    $12.99 $2.99
“Book buying is a relationship activity, and you need a means to develop relationships with readers and new fans of your work” 4 likes