Start by marking “Wanted and Wired (Wanted and Wired, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wanted and Wired (Wanted and Wired, #1)

Wanted and Wired

(Wanted and Wired #1)

Now that Texas has seceded and the world is spiraling into chaos, good guys come in unlikely packages and love sprouts in the most inconvenient places...

Rogue scientist • technologically enhanced • deliciously attractive

Published April 4th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Wanted and Wired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted and Wired

Start your review of Wanted and Wired (Wanted and Wired, #1)
Beth
Wanted and Wired is a unique, dystopian, scifi romance.

Mari is a gun for hire and Heron is her back up. When an assignment goes horribly wrong, Mari finds herself on the run from the law with Heron doing everything he can to help save her.

Heron is in love with Mari and has been for years but she has never seen him as more than a technologically enhanced friend, but the with them being on the run together, Mari starts to see Heron for the person he truly is.

Jackson writes a highly original and ma
I really expected to love this book, in theory it contains everything I look for in a fun sci-fi romance and I should have enjoyed every minute of it but unfortunately it just fell flat for me. Vivien Jackson has some really interesting ideas and I'm sure there could be a great world in here somewhere but we never quite got to see it in all it's glory. This book managed a rare combination of giving you both too much information and also too little, the story is bogged down by lots of new technol ...more
Betül
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

Even though I don't read a lot of sci-fi romance novels the blurb of this book sounded really good. It seemed like it had a very original story-line, which I find very important in my books. I was intrigued as soon as I started Wanted and Wired. The author did a very good job at creating a whole new world that had me wanting to know more about it.

Mari is a gun for hire and she sometimes shares contracts with Heron, who is po
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

On paper this book has everything I think I want; action, sci fi, snarky heroine, hot ‘n heavy romance. In reality it took me weeks and weeks to get to 46% of the book and the thought of trying to wade through it just left me feeling a little depressed. Why didn’t I like it? My head was telling me I should, my heart was bored and begging me to just move on. By 46% I was listening to my heart and Wanted and Wired has now been relegated to my DNF pile.

There wasn’t anything inherently wrong wit
Mara
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, futuristic
It reads easily, like a cold pop on a hot summer day. But, as with a soda, after the first refreshing sips, you end up more thirsty than ever.

There's a good story in it, and some interesting points to be made. Had it been a dark and gritty sci fi, it would have been a really good book. Unfortunately it goes for the fun, action-romancey side. But its main pitfall is its superficiality.
You can't touch heavy topics and dismiss them: politics, the same human nature. It's going to be disappointing.

H
Phoenix77
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good story, but not quite the book for me.

Wanted and Wired takes our obsession with technological advancements to the nth degree while exploring ideas about how the human heart survives when the head has gone to the machines. It’s an interesting idea that’s perfect for a Science Fiction story; however it gets rather convoluted when romance is thrown into the mix. Add in a dash of post-apocalyptic dreariness and the final product is a confusing and rather dry story.

War, disease and ecological dis
Marta Cox
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
I have to start by saying this is not a paranormal story but very definitely a science fiction look at a dystopian Texas with amazing technology. It has a brutal eloquence and whilst at times I admit the technological terms did seem to run away with the story I understood that it's the first book in a series so there's an awful lot of world building going on. Perhaps the author tried too hard at times to impress how very different things are but once I got past about the twenty percent mark I wa ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I love a book with really interesting world building and WANTED AND WIRED has a really fun semi-dystopian future world with augmented humans existing alongside non augmented humans and even clones. There is definitely a cyber-punk vibe going on with various sorts of implants humans can get to give themselves abilities like night vision, GPS, and even temporarily connect themselves with machinery. I would have been fine with more pages about just how the
Koeur
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it

Publisher: Sourccebooks

Publishing Date:

ISBN: 9781492648161

Genre: SciFi

Rating: DNF

Publishers Description: Heron Farad should be dead. But technology has made him the man he is today. Now he heads a crew of uniquely skilled outsiders who fight to salvage what’s left of humanity: art, artifacts, books, ideas–sometimes even people. People like Mari Vallejo.

Review: Oh my fuk this was stoopid. From page one, and every page after is two people lusting after eac
Cara Bristol
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This book blew me away. I don’t think I’ve read a romance with a cyborg as realistically crafted as Heron in Vivien Jackson’s Wanted and Wired. As a reader, you don’t read this book, you step into the world in all its vivid, techie detail. Fact and fiction, science and pseudo science blend together to become in distinguishable. Everything about Wanted and Wired is wonderful: the character development, the plotting, the world-building, the dialogue, and the sci-fi techie stuff, and the author’s i ...more
Celestine
An Amazon Best Book of 2017 and Romance Writers of America® RITA® Finalist!

This book deserved every nanobyte of its accolades. Smart and creative sci-fi headlines a book filled characters you care about in a dystopian, somewhat post-apocalyptic world. Some places are technological marvels and others are not. Any political preaching takes a back seat to the romance and action adventure, but conscience, tech ethics and megalomaniacal ambition lurk on the edges. Such a thrill ride. This book was f
Krissys
Series: Tether
Cover Rating:

Book Rating:

Buy This Book:

Rogue scientist • technologically enhanced • deliciously attractiveHeron Farad should be dead. But technology has made him the man he is today. Now he heads a crew of uniquely skilled outsiders who fight to salvage what's left of humanity: art, artifacts, books, ideas-sometimes even people. People like Mari Vallejo.Gun for hire • Texan rebel • al
Sandy Williams
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever picked up a book, fallen in love with it, and then became mad at the world because why the heck didn’t anyone tell you how awesome it is? That’s how I feel about this book.

Plot in a Nutshell: an assassin is hired to take out the clone-mech husband of a politician, only to find out she killed the politician’s real husband. The assassin goes on the run with her super hot, super awesome, enhanced partner who can’t want her like she wants him.

This book smolders from page one, you guys.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Review For: Wanted and Wired
'Wanted and Wired' by Vivien Jackson is book One in the "Tether" series. This is the story of Heron and Mari. Heron and Mari are working as a Team that Heron heads up. It is a uniquely skilled outsiders who fight to salvage what's left of humanity. But on one of these assignments something goes wrong and they end up on the run. This sets them up to start working more closely and they end up starting to act on how they have been feeling toward each other. Wanted and W
Anita Reads
This had a lot of interesting ideas, and I would like to read more science fiction focused romance, but sadly the book didn't deliver what I was hoping for. I didn't like the narrator of the audiobook either which made me like it even less.
Jeffe Kennedy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so hard! It has everything: smart takes on technology and the near future, a hot hero with raging passion and perfect control, a kickass heorine who keeps going despite her wounds. I immediately bought the sequel, read one page, and am hooked.
Sophia
I spotted this one and was gung-ho ready to go when I saw it was a dystopian-futuristic-sci-fi romance by a new to me author. It looked exciting with the two main characters on the run after they are set up while out on a job. She's a paid assassin and he's her handler. She's fully human and he's enhanced. The future is not a bright world, but one holding on by a fingernail. Yes, I was very excited for this one.

I ended up DNF-ing at 26%.

The bottom line is that it was not grabbing me. This may se
Elizabeth Meadows
I had fair warning before ever starting this, so I was not surprised by the foul language. This was supposed to be a group read for the Summer romance book bingo, but most people ended up abandoning it before I ever started on it. I don't know if it was just curiosity or if I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I decided to proceed with it since it is on the Audible Escape package. I ended up speeding through it on faster than 2.0 speed in order to finish it for the group-read time frame.
There
Avigail
Well, Wanted and Wired is a two and a half stars, not so much my cup of tea. Maybe it is because I don't read so science-fiction. I picked up this e-book because of a summer challenge; it is the July read-along of the challenge.
Wanted and Wired takes our obsession with technological advancements to the nth degree while exploring ideas about how the human heart survives when the head has gone to the machines. Add in a dash of post-apocalyptic dreariness and the final product is a confusing and s
Coral
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 2.5/5
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5

Too much information (technical jargon), not enough explanation on how the world works. Doesn't matter if the characters are more machine than human, it doesn't excuse the one-dimensional characters.
Riley
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
This book is way more science-fictiony than what I expected from the blurb or the book cover. We’re talking futuristic earth, clones, space station, and hi-tech human alterations. When merged with two amazing characters that have a connection that is deeper than either of them imagined, you get non-stop, top-fuel action and heat from page 1 to page done.

Mari is flirty and has always had a thing for her partner Heron. She is the wit in Wanted & Wired, smart-mouthed, tough, and resilient. And enga
Laurie Green
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm very hard to please when it comes to finding a great science fiction romance story, but this book was PHENOMENAL! The writing was sharp, witty, fresh, imaginative and often emotional, and shot-through with many brilliant turns of phrase. The characters were unique--some of them VERY unique as only a great SFR can deliver--and the technology was awe-inspiring. Nothing was predictable and as the story unfolded, the world around these characters just kept getting bigger, more awesome and more t ...more
Carien
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read but felt a bit out of balance.

It starts out with a hit gone wrong and Mari and Heron on the run. While on the run they suddenly feel the need to give in to the lust they feel for each other. Now I absolutely have nothing against romance, but I seriously hate it when people who are in danger start making out instead of waiting with their make out session until they're safe.

Still the story was entertaining enough to stick with it. I really liked the writing and a lot of
Aila
Thank you Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for the review copy!

I think the hardest part for me to get into Wanted and Wired was the world and plot. I hate to admit it, but I was actually pretty confused with the intricacies of the extremely technologically-inclined world that the author builds. There's equal parts plot and romance, but what parts of the plot I read, I kind of sped by to get to more of the romance. The biggest part lay in the details, which Jackson expounds on to write an int
Naiya
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
A mercenary running from a past she can’t remember, a renegade scientist running from a past he can’t forget. What more can you ask for? Throw in a double-cross, explosions, hacking, cyberpunk shenanigans, plenty of heat, and you got something.

It’s a fun read, light on the plot, good with the pacing, with a kind of space opera romance vibe without the space part (well, mostly). It’s a partners-to-lovers story with sizzling romance that builds on the characters’ long history of working and relyin
Barb Lie
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wanted & Wired by Vivien Jackson is the first book in her new sci-Fi Tether series. I enjoy reading some sci-fi with a fantasy element, but I do tend to enjoy straight fantasy more. I had mixed feelings about Wanted & Wired. This had a lot of possibilities, a good story line, and some really interesting and likeable characters. I also thought Jackson’s writing was very good.

Mari is a tough heroine, who is also a crack shot who never misses. She partners with our hero, Heron, who is human and par
Book Him Danno
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
Vivien Jackson has the ability to paint a world where everything has fallen apart. From the landscape to the people everything is written with a unique style all to her own. The story while focus a little too much on there lead characters inner thoughts the landscape around the two leads will keep reader connected.
Wanted and Wired is more focused on the technologically enhanced people.

This story drags on while the two leads lust after each other bring the face pace story to a snails pace. A
Leigh Kramer
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wanted & Wired was a revelation! It's an incredible sci-fi romance. SO MUCH YEARNING but also funny and clever. Heron is easily one of the sexiest heroes who is also part robot. (That might be too simplistic of an explanation but he's human who also had technology implanted, which ultimately saved his life.) His fingers have sense tips, which give him data but also adjust to give Mari the ultimate pleasure. Those scenes were sexy as hell! The characters' voices were so distinct, particularly Mar ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
Unique World Building

Rating R
Genre Urban Fantasy
Sub Genre Science Fiction
Sexuality M/F
Violence: PG 13
Audience: Definitely 18+ for Hot sexual situations.

Pros: Jackson has unique world building in a dystopian world of a fractured USA. She has likable characters. She has great banter and I did feel the connection between the characters.

Cons: I book felt too rushed. As a reader despite the banter amongst the characters I felt I was missing a backstory or a previous book. I think the book would
DemetraP
Jun 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was a did not finish book for me.

I tried to read "Wanted and Wired" about a hero with cyber enhancements (born human but now like a cyborg) and a heroine who is good with a gun.

The book just didn't grab me. Both the hero and heroine seemed incompetent to me. The hero claims to be this amazing computer guy yet didn't realize they were somehow followed to his secret hideout. Yeah, he eventually sees the intruders on security cameras but come on.

Heroine also talks about how "turned on" she g
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)
  • Nightchaser (Endeavor, #1)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion, #1)
  • Every Last Breath (Final Hour #1)
  • Chaos Reigning (Consortium Rebellion, #3)
  • The Cold Between (Central Corps, #1)
  • Undiscovered (Amoveo Rising #1)
  • Highland Dragon Warrior (Dawn of the Highland Warrior, #1)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • The Bear's Chosen Mate (Borealis Bears #1)
  • The Bear's Forever Mate (Borealis Bears #3)
  • Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1)
  • Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1)
  • The Bear's Fated Mate (Borealis Bears #2)
  • The Leopard King (Ars Numina, #1)
  • Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • The Devil's Right Hand (Dante Valentine, #3)
Vivien Jackson writes fantastical, futuristic, down-home salacious kissery. A devoted Whovian Browncoat Sindarin Jedi gamer, she has a degree in English, which just means she's read gobs of stuff in that language. With her similarly geeky partner, children, and hairy little pets, she lives in Austin, Texas, and watches a lot of football.

Wanted and Wired (3 books)
  • Perfect Gravity (Wanted and Wired, #2)
  • More Than Stardust (Wanted and Wired #3)

Articles featuring this book

Jen DeLuca's debut rom-com shows us all's "faire" in love and war.