Start by marking “Beautiful Mess (Rock 'n' Ink, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Mess (Rock 'n' Ink, #2)

Beautiful Mess

(Rock 'n' Ink #2)

Hell's bells.
Jackson Paige was, in fact, Jax Pain, the drummer of Manix Curse.
That thing in Jami's chest tightened, making it hard to breathe.

When attorney Jami Dillon strides into the conference room to meet her new client, she's stopped in her tracks by an all-too familiar figure. Jackson Paige. He's her tall, tattooed, and sexy as hell hook up from law school-who also
Published March 7th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Mess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Mess

Esther
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
ARC provided by NetGalley and Publisher for an honest review.

2.5 rating

Jamie and Jackson had a short month long affair while in law school together. But one day Jackson is gone and out of her life with no explanation or reason.

Each face hardship and make life altering decisions. Jamie does all she can to please her parents, follow the rules and lives an orderly "quiet" life. Jackson followed his dreams and became a tattoo artist and musician. Jamie never knew why Jackson disappeared out of her
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review:

I’m a sucker for books with musicians so when this book was offered up I jumped at it plus it filled my need to read a new to me author. Beautiful Mess was entertaining with a great hero, a heroine that drove me nuts, secondary characters I want to hang out with, and a reunited lovers story with a twist.

Jackson Paige (aka Jax Pain) is a talented tattoo artist and the drummer for Manix Curse, an up and coming band. He has a half sister he adores, parents he barely tolerat
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks

Jackson Paige AKA Jax Pain. Drummer of the up and coming metal band- Manix Curse. Jackson shocked to see his old lover walk through the door of his tattoo shop after he left her with no explanation five years earlier and never looked back. Time hasn’t dulled his feelings for her and he wants back in her life but once she hears his reasons for leaving, she may be the one this time who leaves and never looks back.

Jami Dillon. A contract attorney who always follows th
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
2.5 Stars

I have wanted to read this series since the first time I saw the cover for book 1. The cover art is truly beautiful! But I forgot to go back to read the first so I picked up this second one instead (another cover that I loved!) I tend to love stories centered around tattoo artists and I was expecting a bit of that, mixed in with a “good” girl needing to loosen up a bit. Sadly, as much as I wanted to really like this story, I just couldn’t connect with it.

The first thing I was a bit thr
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Beautiful Mess' by Kasey Lane is book Two in the "Rock 'n' Ink' series. This is the story of Jackson 'Jax' and Jami. I haven't yet read the previous book, so for me this was a standalone book. This was a book about second chances at love. Jax and Jami had dated for about a month when she was in school to become a lawyer and Jax thought he wanted to be a lawyer. They were hot and heavy and Jami fell in love but then Jax up and left school...which ended their brief time together. Now, years later ...more
Amanda
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great opposites attract and second chance at love story. I really enjoyed the mix of dominant and vulnerable in Jax, and Jami was so relatable and sweet.
Nalla Reads
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads

IMG_0836.JPG

**ARC received from the author for an honest review**

Welcome to the world of crazy rock and roll where ink meets paper! I was so excited to read Jax's story. I was a little skeptic as book 1 felt a little immature for me but I still loved it. But Jax and Jami....oh these two are HOT!

I knew Jax had something up his sleeve going on during book 1. I had no idea that little Jami and him would've had some insane past that could've been so much more! This story was fill
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

A good rock and roll romance has to follow a certain set of traits and the same goes for a second chance novel, when meshing those you need to be careful not to go to deep into either side of the line, both strings need an equal amount of attentions.

I won’t repeat the plot in my blurb – as some reviews do – but I will tell you what I felt. Kasey Lane really used some great skills to mesh those genre’s together when she wrote “Beautiful Mess”.

What else could I say without spoilers, the reader wil
V SB
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book! Great writing, editing etc - solid second chance romance.. Just a brief summary of the story- don't want to spoil it for anyone that's why... Jami and Jax met each other while in law school. They had a month long fling before Jax disappeared from Jami's life without any explanation.. As in leaves the door one minute and poof! the next, gone... 5 years after, they meet again.. Although this time around, Jami is a totally different person ( there's a reason behind it of co ...more
Heather andrews
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The reaction Jax had to Jami's cat was funny, "...the world’s biggest cat— was that even a cat?— pummeled his knee with what looked like its head. “What the eff is this thing, Jami?” he yelled as the animal continued to aggressively request petting by slamming its enormous head into his knee." Jax could be so thoughtful, “I’m bringing you lunch. Duh.” He leaned over and kissed her cheek before settling into the chair across from her. “Of course, I’d really like to just throw you across your desk
Ashton
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I loved this book. It isn't one of my all time favorites because I felt like there wasn't enough drama or suspense. I did feel like Jamie was a little naive but I loved it and I loved Jackson. I love how he was the one who brought her out of her shell and made her who she was and I liked the fact that she completely changed at the end instead of continuing being the uppity girl she was in the beginning.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Both Jax and Jami are a mess. But I think that the trophy goes to Jami. She has been so concerned with what her parents think that she has molded her life to fit their expectations. It takes Jax to finally realize that she wants something different.
Beautiful Mess is a great second chance book with a bad boy trying to get his good girl to loosen up.
Cate Hart
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: client-s-books
Jax! What else can I say. Well except cocky, hot drummer & more tattoos.
Stephanie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an extremely spicy ride that you will not want to put down. However if you do not like sex, and a lot of fun times then this is not the book for you. Also a little warning from me to you. Don't read this in a place were your family may start talking to you because you will blush scarlet red and they will ask.... and it will be awkward for everyone.
Jaimi Dillon has had a lot of hard hits it her life. Starting with her family and ending with a lot of heartbreak from her ex's. But the mos
Jody
After reading the first installment in the Rock 'n' Ink book series I couldn't wait to return to the world of Manix Curse with the band's tattooed rockers looking for love. In this story of opposites attracting Ms. Lane not only beautifully balances the sweet and sexy romance but also addresses the issue of domestic violence in a respectful yet deeply affecting way. It all adds up to a compelling read with a delicious drummer who claimed my heart and a frustrating at times heroine trying to find ...more
Doris
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jax is a talented artist/tattoo artist along with being the drummer of the band Manix Curse that is just ready to break out. What happens when his best friend’s sister who he walked away from five years ago comes into his shop? Jami is a hard working attorney who has family issues and those issues ended up chasing Jax away all those years ago. Is Jami ever going to stick up for herself and is Jax deserving of a second chance?

I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley for a freely given and ho
Tracy- OMGReads
Beautiful Mess is a hypnotic, second chance novel.

Jami is a clean cut, dependable, dedicated attorney. She stays on the straight and narrow. Jami was a different kind of heroine. She's cool headed, calm and almost detached, while she's rediscovering herself in Beautiful Mess. She's dedicated to her job and her cause, but not herself.

Jackson, Jackson is a hot, lonely artist. Re meeting Jami reinvigorates him and we learn more about the aloof man as he is revealed more and more. He's just swoon
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Beautiful Mess is a beautifully written, sexy, sweet, tempting romance that swept me off my feet and left me in a completely blissful state! The cover literally took my breath away, but it was the wonderfully made up characters and steamy romance that really took my heart for a drive. I HIGHLY recommend this incredible romance to one and all that love a great read with a beautiful cover and a stunning story!

Beautiful Mess is messy...for your heart...in one of th
Char (1RadReader59)
This is drama packed from the get go. Yet, there are so many fun, sexy, and erotic times too. This is the world of tattoos, metalheads, and rock & roll.
It is also the world of mismatched family, friendships, love, caring hearts, and charity. Everything most of them didn’t get at home. They all come in carrying some heavy loads of baggage from their past lives. Some, with lies, secrets, and a lot of pain, fears, and guilt.
None more than Jami Lynn Dillon a woman who when you look at her out
Char (1RadReader59)
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
None more than Jami Lynn Dillon a woman who when you look at her outsi
Aly
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Corporate law attorney JamiLynn Dillon thinks her brother Mason has lost his mind so she go see him at his girlfriend's tatoo parlor, where she come acrross her college fling who left her five years ago without an explanation.

Jackson Paige, aka Jax Pain, drummer extraordinaire of the up-and-coming band Manix Curse has never forgot the proper but oh so passionated young woman he tutored in law school (and in other area :p). But try to forget her he did, with booze, plenty of women and his arts, b
Terri Hebert
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it !!!! This book was so hard to put down. The characters and storyline were everything I love in a book. A definite five star read !!!!
Kari
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2017, for-review
Beautiful Mess is the second book in the Rock 'n Ink series by Kasey Lane. I have to say that I definitely enjoyed this one much more than the first book. Jackson is the drummer for Manix Curse. Jami is Mason's sister and has spent the last few years trying to keep her life very ordered. It has already spun out of control once and she won't let it happen again. That is until Jackson comes back into her life.

Like I said, I really enjoyed this one. There is a bunch of angst, but it made the HEA th
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for voluntary review for netgalley. Jami tries to stop her brother Mason from making an error with his life and ends up finding her lost love, Jackson who had left hi and dry 5 years ago without an explanation. Once Jackson sees her again he realizes he wants her back and starts going after her, relentlessly. They do get together but she is still scared, and she has gone thru some rough times and it is heartbreaking to find out about them. Her parents were horrible people, but he ...more
Erica Smith
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dirty-romance
I am not sure why the low-fair ratings of this book, but I would venture a guess and say it is because of Jamilynn- the prim and proper lawyer's personality.

In Beautiful Mess, JamiLynn tracks down her brother Mason Dillon to have a talk with him and she runs into none other than Jackson Paige a.k.a. "Jax Pain", the one who gave her wild nights in bed, tutored her and then walked out on her five years prior.

Jax Pain did not expect JamiLynn of all people to show up to his tattoo parlor. He really
Samantha
Wow I'm not sure what I was expecting but damn beautiful mess was awesome. Jax is a tattoo artist, an actual artist, and a musician for Manix Curse. He made some decisions that led him to where he is now. Living with his sister and close to having his brand break out.

Jami has had quite the life. A few poor choices when she was younger led her to be a rule follower. She's a lawyer and volunteers her time to a women's center. She lost Jax once and now that he's back into her life. They both have
Kim Ginsberg
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jami Dillion is at Tatuaggio to stop her big brother Mason from getting another tattoo. She is a buttoned up lawyer who thinks her brother should go back to be a CEO, just like her parents think. What she doesn't expect is the tattoo artist is her ex from law school, Jackson. He was there one day, and the next gone. Why did he leave? What have they each been doing? Why is she against tattoos and Mason's job? Find out this and more in this awesome read!!!
Under the Covers Book Blog

I have wanted to read this series since the first time I saw the cover for book 1. The cover art is truly beautiful! But I forgot to go back to read the first so I picked up this second one instead (another cover that I loved!) I tend to love stories centered around tattoo artists and I was expecting a bit of that, mixed in with a "good" girl needing to loosen up a bit. Sadly, as much as I wanted to really like this story, I just couldn't connect with it.

The first thing I was a bit thrown off b

Traci Westling
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story ! Kasey Lane is a new author to me by accidental chance having bought her first book via a retweet recommendation I saw with a great $$ So here I am today singing her praises & thankful I bought her book because I tend to be chosey! This is a wonderful story about a lawyer contracting out a band & re discovers an old flame BUT this is a true passionate love story with crazy hot sex & true family/ friendship relationships! This series is one that is goin ...more
Amanda
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is only the second book in the Rock 'n' Ink series, but, it doesn't feel like it has only been two books. The history and the backstory of the characters have been laid out well in both books so that a reader can feel like they know the characters. While the basic premise is the same as one found in quite a few other romance novels (uptight female lawyer and wild drummer/tattoo artist hook-up) it is still well-written and entertaining read. If that is a type of romance one enjoys, this book ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)
  • Rock Me Two Times (Rock Band, #1)
  • The Ink Series Boxed Set: Volume 1-4 (Ink, #1-4)
  • A Sky Full of Stars (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #5)
  • Wicked End (Wicked End, #1)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • Encore (Amplified #2)
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1)
  • The Opening Act Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #0.5-1.5)
  • And My Shoes Keep Walking Back to You
  • Two Hearts Collide & Embrace: The Complete Two Hearts Series
  • Bad Rules (Wild Minds, #3)
  • One Night Stand with the Rockstar (With the Rockstar #1)
  • Hot Licks (Off Beat #3)
  • Strumming Me
  • Unstuck: 52 Ways to Get (and Keep) Your Creativity Flowing at Home, at Work & in Your Studio
  • The New Chinese Astrology
  • Isabel's Awakening
Award-winning author Kasey Lane writes sexy romances featuring alpha males and the strong women that bring them to their knees. A California transplant, she lives with her high school crush turned husband, two smart, but devilish kids, two dumb-as-rocks Papillons, and a bunch of bossy chickens in the lush Oregon forest. Visit her on line at www.kaseylane.com, on Facebook, on Twitter, or Instagram ...more

Rock 'n' Ink (3 books)
  • Beautiful Crazy (Rock 'n' Ink, #1)
  • Beautiful Wreck (Rock 'n' Ink, #3)