Start by marking “To Suit a Suitor” as Want to Read:
To Suit a Suitor

To Suit a Suitor

Julia North is nearing the end of her third London season and has just been jilted. Again! All she wants is to leave London and its eligible gentlemen behind. When the opportunity to leave for two months comes her way, Julia jumps at the chance. But her mother will only let her leave on the condition that she choose Julia's next suitor, and her mother isn't nearly as picky ...more
Published November 8th 2016 by Sweetwater Books

To ask other readers questions about To Suit a Suitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Suit a Suitor

Katie W
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
What in the world is wrong with Julia? Julia and her younger sister must be wed before their mother can remarry, but after three London seasons, she's still single. Men are mysteriously driven away and she wants to know why. When a cousin needs help for a couple of months, Julia jumps at the chance to escape London and finds solace in the quiet countryside...and she also finds Henry, the catch of the area.

Why is it unobtainable things are always desired the most? Those are exactly the sentiments
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I really enjoyed this gentle regency by Paula Kremser. It was romantic and the characters were vivid and very typical to this regency genre. The overbearing, pushy and slightly snooty mother, a rich young bachelor sought after by every young girl around, a young woman caught up in the society games and wishing for an escape. It all played out like a lovely movie in my head.

I wouldn't say there were any surprises waiting for me in this book but I did like the overall theme of being yourself and a
Shauna
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many great books out there--and this is definitely one of them!
Flirting, courting, secret meetings, broken engagements-- it's all in this delightful tale of romance with its ups and downs of being in love. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Lots of fun scenes in this book! You heart and mind will enjoy every page! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE!
Donna
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vintage-romance
At last

I've read so many duds lately, it's been refreshing to read this one. There were even some humorous parts. Thank you.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I remember pulling petals off of flowers as a child and saying the well know phrase, "he loves me, he loves me not". In some ways this book reminded me of the childhood game. Not that the characters are childish, just that they sent mixed signals to each other and left the other wondering of their true desires.

To Suit a Suitor is a sweet regency romance. The characters have been hurt before and are unsure about relationships. They take each other by surprise and do not know how to react. There a
Chalon Linton
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were a few mistakes in this book that unfortunately bump this from a 5 star to a 4 star rating for me. However, I did enjoy the plot and the characters, although at times they seemed a bit naive. Kremer uses some words repetitiously, but I still enjoyed the escape provided by To Suit a Suitor.
Kirsi Johnson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read by Ms. Kremser; I'm happy to report that it won't be the last. A clean, regency read, this story is about overcoming past heartache and learning that being yourself is the best path to happiness. Two thumbs up!
Cary Kreitzer
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reminded me a lot of edenbrooke which is a favorite of mine! But still full of unexpected twists and different messages to be completely it's own story. What I liked about this story more than edenbrooke is how much more believable it was for her to not truly recognize how much he loved her.
Heather Chapman
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was excellent! I loved her first book, but this was even better. Paula has a gift, and I'm so thankful I get to be a benefactor of it! Can't wait to read more!
Melissa
I really enjoyed this latest book from Paula Kremser. In this story, Julia and her sister must get married before their mother can remarry. Julia has been jilted three times and can't figure out what is wrong with her. When she decides to go to the country to be a companion to her cousin, Julia meets Henry who has issues of his own. These two have to decide if they can overcome the past and their own insecurities to fall in love. I liked the characters and the twists and turns of the story. I'd ...more
Richelle ⭐⭐
I really enjoyed this book! I love Henry and Julia is a gem. Watching their attraction blossom amidst all that is going on around them was fantastic. Henry is one of my favorite leading men for sure. Definitely a great read.

CONTENT:
Romance - Sweet and Clean ❤
Violence- None
Language - None
Julia
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm on a regency romance kick and I really liked this one. The main character is named Julia and I identified with her wit and will. I love the descriptions of old fashioned love stories because it makes me want to pay attention more to the details and senses of my own life. Like when was the last time I saw eyes shining??
Jennybug
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a proper regency romance. They are just so much fun to read. This was no exception. It was a nice quick enjoyable read. It left me wishing that I could go horseback riding out in the country. It would be so much fun to go back in time, when a man used to check out a ladies ankle.
Kathryn
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clean, fast, regency romance about the lengths a widowed mother will go to marry off her daughter so she can marry.
Julia, the older daughter thinks there is some flaw in her that keeps suitor from proposing and is desperate for an escape London when a distant cousin requests a temporary companion, she volunteers. She and cousin Martha hit it off right away.
When Julia isn't trying to catch a husband that is when catching a fly leads her right to him.
lisa c allen
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable!

I liked the characters in this book, they had some depth to them and I wanted to know what was going to happen next! What a relief to find a clean romance, that has people acting with some intelligence as they face the issues of that time.

If you need a little vacation, read this book! I found it stress relieving as well, to contemplate the long walks that our heroine was taking as she faced challenging circumstances. This is Mrs. Steve Allen reviewing this book.
Amy
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute story with a happily ever after
Heidi Pack
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
it's terrible to love an author's work so much, only to see that there are only two novels available! she is witty and fun and sneaks good morals into her tale without being obvious.
LAWonder10
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What was wrong with Julia? She was as attractive as any other girl, but this was her third season and still no respectable proposal. She had lost three suitors within a four month period. It was humiliating. Now her sister is engaged in her first season!
Her mother is delighted by her sister's engagement but more determined that Julia must stop being so picky and just get married. Until her daughters were married, Marianne North could not pursue her dreams and she wasn't getting younger.
Forlorn,
Patti
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
For those of us who enjoy Regency England escapades, “To Suit a Suitor” is a delightful story. It’s just the light fun read I needed after an intense war trilogy.

Julia North is a young lady in the midst of her third season. She seems to have a dark cloud of bad luck that hangs over her quest to find a suitable husband. Feeling defeated, she has given up on herself and accepts assignment as a companion for a lady relative in the country for two months. Anything to get away from the torture of Lo
Melanie
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Julia's mother has a personal reason for pushing Julia (and her sister) to marry as quickly as possible. However, Julia doesn't seem to have much luck with men. She doesn't mind too much but is under incredible pressure from her mother to get married. An opportunity comes along for her to leave London for a couple of months. In her desperation to leave, she makes a rash agreement with her mother, with a plan in mind to not have to abide by its terms. While she's gone, she meets Henry, the local ...more
Jill
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book twice and enjoyed it both times. Clean regency romance set in London and the country.

The mother in this book is an absolute nightmare, oh my word I couldn't tolerate the woman - which is just as the book was designed. Well done. In order to secure her own marriage, her secret fiancé demands she marry off her two daughters first so they will have no claim on his estate as have earlier children of precious marriages.

And so we begin to watch Harriet and Julia navigate the world of
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
With her mother trying to force her hand, Julia struggles to find a suitor she is willing to marry. Her beautiful younger sister is engaged--leaving Julia feeling on the shelf in her 3rd season. I loved Julia's personality. She isn't a door mat, but she isn't so headstrong that she was unrealistic. She jumps at the chance to go visit her cousin. She would rather work as a companion than be paraded in front of men who know her mother is desperate to marry her off.
Henry is everything a hero should
Abby
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a digital review copy of To Suit A Suitor from Cedar Fort Publishing in exchange for my honest review.

This was an excellent regency romance that kept me smiling and laughing throughout. Fans of romantic comedies and the regency genre will love this book, from Lord Montague’s deal to the attempts of horseback riding to the slew of misunderstandings. Chemistry is apparent right from the moment Henry witnesses Julia’s fly-catching attempts. Even those who aren’t a fan of regency romances
Rachel
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Julia's mother is determined to get Julia married as soon as possible, but it seems that Julia cannot keep a suitor interested for very long. Julia is tired of being in London and being forced be on the prowl, she hatches a plan to visit her father's cousin in the country; it will be a nice break for her. Then she meets Henry during the most embarrassing moment and they become fast friends.

Great book!
Maddie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very fast read, that kept me laughing! Every time Henry or Julia was upset I could physically feel their pain as if it was my own. That's how you know that this is a good author, making you experience the same joys and anguish that the characters do. Henry was adorable, every guy should be like him.
Heather Green
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This has a distinct Austen feel. I really liked the characters and how Henry let himself be "caught" at the end. The dialogue between the mc's was entertaining as were the situations Julia found herself in everytime Henry was around. I didn't like it as well as Sophia, but it was clean and worth the read. I'd probably read it again.
Amy
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the beginning of this story, there is a little backstory into Julia’s mom and her potential snob (suitor). I’m glad the story didn’t follow them. The male was definitely a piece of work, but now that I think about it, it would probably be a little funny at times if it did follow them. The guy made Julia’s mother promise him that they wouldn’t get married until her daughters did because he didn’t want to shell out money for their doweries. Based on this alone, I can see a union between the two ...more
Dianna
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
A thoroughly enjoyable recency romance along the lines of Edenbrooke. Fairly quick read, pulled me in and had me laughing out loud in bed! romance to make Your heart flutter but not scandalous to make you blush, loved it and looking forward to reading more by the author.
Heather Jemmett
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable, easy read all the way through.
Valerie
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was so sweet. I loved the characters and the few little twists it had in it. It kept me hooked until the end.
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 06, 2017 01:13PM

• Mischief and Manors
  • Summer House Party
  • The Earl's Betrothal
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • A Bride Worth Taking (Arrangements, #6)
  • For Love or Honor (The Jonquil Brothers #5)
  • Havencross
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • Unexpected Love: A Marriage of Convenience Anthology
  • An Inconvenient Romance
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • The Bluestocking and the Dastardly, Intolerable Scoundrel (Regency Romance, #1)
  • Miss Grimsley's Oxford Career
Paula Kremser focused on a career in science for a few years after graduating from Brigham Young University. Several years later when she moved with her young family to England, Paula seized the opportunity to focus on her love of the Regency Era. The enchantment of the aristocracy and the fascinating stories from every stately home she visits have been both research and inspiration for her first ...more